Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Long Term, Literate RP Partner

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Long Term, Literate RP Partner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:36 pm

Thank you for clicking! :D

So, I'm going to start this off with an introduction. I'm Nykizta. I've been at RPG for over two years on and off. I'm a female, if the username or picture isn't obvious enough. I'm a very open minded roleplayer and person in general. Profanity doesn't bug me. I'm pretty patient when it comes to waiting for posts, though I prefer fast moving RPs. I used to be heavy in group RPs but an amazing RP with my friend Music exposed me to the amazing thing that is partner roleplaying. Now, to get onto the roleplaying.

Things I like:

Romance
First of all, let me get this out there. I don't do sex based RPs, even if RPG did allow it.
Also, not all RPs need to be based upon romance. I just like some in there.
Fantasy
The original! I love it, especially when people can come up with brand new ideas.
Sci-Fi
Now, this can get sketchy. Sci-Fi is my weak spot though I enjoy it thoroughly.
Unless I'm creating the world, I get nice and confused and require a lot of help to get comfortable in the world and technology.
After that, however, full steam ahead! I have a nice, healthy appreciation for this genre. :)
Realistic
Honestly, it is hard to get me interested in a realistic roleplay due to the lack of challenge,
but I've been in some amazing realistic roleplays, so I'm definitely open to ideas.
Character Driven Roleplays
Now, I can understand the appeal of plot driven roleplays and sometimes enjoy participating in the right ones,
but my absolute favorite form of roleplay is completely run by the characters.
It allows the roleplayers to take the roleplay to unforeseen places and can be amazing.
Constructive Criticism
I consider myself a good roleplayer, but am not so foolish as to think I cannot improve.
I'm definitely open to suggestions and/or criticisms. I'm not, however, tolerant of straight bashing.
If you don't have a point behind making my mistakes obvious or an alternative route than the one I took, please don't comment.

Things I don't like:

Apocalyptic Roleplays

I've been there. Done that.
Didn't enjoy as a group roleplay and can't think of a way I'd enjoy as a partner RP.
School Roleplays
They're overdone, never done correctly, and cheesy.
If you have a new, original idea that would prove unique and interesting to play,
then I might be open to it.
Vampire/Werewolf Roleplays
Refer to the comment from School Roleplays.
Add onto that comment that these can often get overly bloody, overly Twilight-like, or stereotyped,
it's extremely hard to find a half decent roleplay in this genre.
Violence
I can handle combat in a roleplay and even welcome it if it furthers plot,
but needless, pointless, time consuming fight scenes? I'm not interested.
This generally counts me out for any war roleplays.
War Roleplays
Look at Violence.
One Upping
I'm roleplaying with you. I'm your partner.
If I did something better than you, it's not because I wanted to be better than you,
it's because I thought that fit my character. If you have a problem with that, point it out.
Don't proceed to undermine my character in the next post unless it is fully in character.

Add to all of that that I generally prefer female characters, not that I won't play male characters, and you've basically got my fully profile as a roleplayer. I would prefer to have a writing sample of your longest literate roleplay. Just a link to a roleplay you've done under your current username. I'll happily provide one as well. :) I have several roleplay ideas, though I definitely prefer forming ideas with my partner. If you're interested, please feel free to send me a PM or respond here.

Thank You!
Nykizta

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nykizta
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Long Term, Literate RP Partner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:46 am

Hey! I'd definitely be interested in RPing with you. Do you have anything particular in mind? Check out: literate-rper-who-likes-long-walks-the-beach-t50981.html for a few vague ideas of my own.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:50 pm

I'm very interested! It sounds like you and I have a lot of the same guidelines when it comes to roleplaying. You can call me Velvet. :)

Currently, I'm in the middle of a roleplay in this site called Hard of Heiring (obviously under the username Lady Velvet), and you can find some samples of my roleplaying and characters there. (You can find that here: roleplay/hard-of-heiring/)

There is, however, one stipulation; I'm really busy. If we were to roleplay, I should be able to manage one post a day, but not too much more. If you're interested, drop me a line! I'd love to get into a fantasy roleplay with you.
"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." - Pablo Picasso

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:36 pm

I'll sign up, just your local...Uh...How to put this in a way that would put me in a good light...

Like that's going to happen.

Crazy guy, eccentric. Soon-to-be-murderer(This is a lie.)

But yeah, I'm interested Nyz.

You already know me, he-he-he.
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!