Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

looking for an old rpg game (name)

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

looking for an old rpg game (name)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bobv on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:32 pm

help, anyone,
this game is from the 1990's, most likely 1992-1999. i think it was a 2d,turn based tactical s-rpg. it was played on a super nintendo, sega genisis, or saturn.
it was kinda like a strategy/chess where characters, depending on the terrain moved so many squares toward the opposing characters until they
were close enough to battle. you moved your characters, which were many, advanced till all enemys were killed. many characters could surrond
the enemy square, each being abled to attack that enemy. some of the characters, which are many, included centaurs (all w/ assorted weapons
and abilities, hawkmen, healers, and many more. characters moved on a grid like map with varying terrain, one at a time, after which, the
opposing army takes it's turn. also around this time period i vaguely remember the dragon warrior games were around. hopefully someone
reconizes. the description i've given. i've going nuts and have wasted alot of hours trying to figure this one out.

Thanks
bobv

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bobv
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter

Re: looking for an old rpg game (name)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:39 pm

It sounds a lot like one of the Old Fire emblem games, Ill do some research, brb with the edit of this post.

EDIT!

This is the best i can give you, a list of well known Tactical turn based games, Each one has a page on wiki, featuring the box art, I'm sorry its the best i can do with that sort of description.
"It's gonna take more than that to dust the Boss."- Sean, after my car accident.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ace
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bobv on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:54 pm

thanks alot. i'll check it out too. just to let you know i'm not that computer savy. i'm like a 1 year old compared to my young
nieces and nephews. so when i ask you what the heck brb means, don't laugh, well okay go ahead and laugh. i guess what i'm
saying is if and when we chat again have patience i have pretty much no clue to anything. it took me awhile just to get to this
site. but one things for sure i love my rpg games. i've collecting d&d box set since the first 3 sets and have a hope chest full
of sets from those 3 basics sets to sets dating circa 1980's, all in pristine condition. in closing thanks so much for your expertise
and look forward to the future. also i'm not a regular user of computers except for gaming and emails.

thanks again,
bobv

bobv
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:01 pm

brb means "Be right back."

And I also agree that this sounds a lot like Fire Emblem.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bobv on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:11 pm

thanks too you to my friend

bobv
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pretty Pet on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:19 am

Sounds like "Battle Chess" which was fun, but not exactly the same. I miss Battle Chess though.

Pretty Pet
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!