Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Looking for skilled RPers.

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Looking for skilled RPers.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:10 pm

So, the RP I usually participate in (a really big Naruto one with levelling, plot line, missions, wc requirements, and other awesomeness) is pretty much dead, so I've been suffering a severe RP defficiency. So, I have come to an old home, Role Play Gateway, in search of Role Playing goodness. However, I am used to RPing with skilled writers and talented RPers with the ability to craft unique and realistic characters, and play them well, so I'm looking for similarly skilled RPers to play with.

The type of RP can be pretty much anything, it doesn't have to have levels or word count requirement or anything, though I do enjoy that, it just needs members I can tolerate. This means you need to be intelligent, you need to be able to write well, and with correct grammar, and above all, you need to be able to play a character well and realistically. Posts don't have to be long, but they should be good. Quality is important. If you are looking for the same things as me, and/or believe that you meet my criteria, please PM me or reply to this thread.

Note:
While I do enjoy a good Naruto RP I am not a major anime nerd or weeaboo. This means I am completely open to, and often prefer RPs that are not RP related. If you want to suggest an RP idea to me, post it here. I can be a game master if you want, or just another player if you are looking for talented RPers, which I am, if I do say so myself.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Looking for skilled RPers.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aienmahime on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:47 pm

Can I fill that spot?
~One must never tell a secret~
~In order to keep it from leaking~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

aienmahime
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:06 am

I don't know, can you? Do you meet the qualifications I have?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aienmahime on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:31 am

Uhm.. I like role playing any also Naruto.
I can try to get my grammars right and I can try to be intelligent as you say. I can write well and I might be able to play the character realistically.

aienmahime
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:36 am

Hmm... Can I see a sample post?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aienmahime on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:50 am

Ok sure.
I'll use the name Yuki since she is sort of my main character.

A sweet, fair and young lady wakes up from a terrible nightmare. She opened her eyes and sat up while on her bed breathing in and out. Her face was covered in cold sweat, her heart pounding fast as ever, and her hands freezing as if it has been in to the ice for too long.
She puts her hand over her heart and feels it beating fast. "What was that...dream... she thought to herself. "Yuki!" a shout coming from outside her bedroom door, calling her name. "Yuki! Are you alright?"
"I'm fine mother" she replies to her mother shouting her name.

Her mother unlocks the door with a key that handed to her by the maid, she rushed inside and went to her daughter immediately hugging her. "My dear, you are sweating. Are you alright? Did you have that dream again?" her mother asked. "I'm fine mother." replies Yuki.
Yuki wipes her sweat using a towel that was by her bed table on the side. "It seems that I did have that dream again mother." she adds.

Sorry if it's too long. :D I hope that's okay?

aienmahime
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:59 am

You do need to work on your spelling and grammar a bit. You could use some work on setting the scene, description, and character actions. You tend to change the time you are writing from (Example: the young lady WAKES up, to, she OPENED her eyes), and the writing comes off as stiff. As do the characters, though that may be intentional.

You can definitely use some work, and the scene is extremely cliche, but I see some promise. I can help you grow into a better writer with more profound insights into your characters thoughts, feelings and actions, with a more detailed scene and engaging style of writing. If you wish. If you are prepared to take a verbal beating such as the one provided here on a regular basis.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aienmahime on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:01 am

Oh. Sorry about all the wrong grammars. But I'll try to improve sooner or later.

aienmahime
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kael on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:31 am

I don't care to sing my own praises, but I can more than hold my own when it comes to roleplaying. I have taught the trade to many and have been doing it for ages. I am also a novelist. I'd be more than happy to RP with you if you are a skilled wordsmith, but I am not a Naruto fan.
"Find life in every breath of air, every cup of tea, every life that ends...life in every breath."

Kael
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:45 am

I refuse point-blank to do an RP about any kind of anime but if you are open to other genres then I'm up for it. Let me know what ideas you have and if you want to see a sample post.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:15 am

As I've stated, whilst I am perhaps most experienced in the Naruverse, I am open to and often prefer other types.

I do not have a specific plot or RP in mind, I'm just looking for skilled rpers to rp with, as my former group is dying. Off the top of my head, an RP about a group of teenagers developing strange powers, and coming together in the face of this, trying to find the reason behind these immerging abilities, and how to control and use them, would be something of interest to me.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Exalted Legend on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:47 am

I am not a Nurato fan... actually. I can't stand the idea of the show... a ninja whose face is not hidden? Blasphemy!
Anyways, enough of the ranting... am I skilled, talented, and intelligent? Well, for starters. I know a ninja in Ancient Japan hid their face for very good reason... also, I've been writing for seven years, and am a very big fan of J.R.R. Tolkien and R.A. Salvatore. Also, I think the whole intelligence factor has flown out the window, seeing how I type. Now don't get me wrong friend, I'm not arrogant. I'm just confident in my writing ability. Now, if you need a sample for proof of my writing ability, then I will write one up.
Thank you for your time, now I must get some sleep... oh, I am also open to nearly any kind of roleplay, from romance to pure action, though I prefer mixing 'em up a bit. Produces more in depth for the story.

- Exalted Legend
"Shadows are without form, thus without weakness" ~ Hanzo Hattori

Exalted Legend
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:23 am

I can fill this post I believe, below is a quick post that I just came up with, not relating to any roleplay in particular you understand.

Alban ran onwards quietly, Volund running beside him. They were not speaking, conserving their energy. They did not know how they had been found, but all that mattered was getting away from that accursed place as quickly as possible. If they were caught up they would have under normal circumstances easily defeated their opponents, but they were tired after many days of travel and therefore were in no condition to fight.

Alban stopped, gasping. He knew they needed to keep going but he needed a rest and a chance to drink; if he did not he knew the last of his strength would disappear even more quickly than if he carried on running. His feet were burning, but he ignored the sensation. He splashed his face with cold water from the river they were running along next to, then drank as much as he could, spilling much of it in the process. He stood up and began to run again, no less tired but at least without the dryness of his burning throat increasing his discomfort. Soon after his feet were throbbing once more; he couldn't carry on much longer, or his strength would fail altogether. But if he stopped, he would be caught and killed anyway. All he could hope for was that they would find a raiding party under the command of the ones they seeked, or all would be lost.

((Thats just a quick post to show ya a basic scale of my skills, if you want more exmaples I can give you them))

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sayuri on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:22 am

Does that include Medieval Times as well? I'm kind of new to this roleplay chat gateway thing as well... but I just wanted to know... I've been a story writer/ actress/ singer/ poetry writer/ for over 5 years and right now I just need any type of roleplay to participate in. I'm bored out of my mind. Please.... If you'd like, leave me a message and tell me what you're up for. Probably I could give you some ideas on my latest rp I was working on with a friend who had to all of a sudden leave for another state.

Sayuri
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:11 am

Gabriel_Whist wrote:I do not have a specific plot or RP in mind, I'm just looking for skilled rpers to rp with, as my former group is dying. Off the top of my head, an RP about a group of teenagers developing strange powers, and coming together in the face of this, trying to find the reason behind these immerging abilities, and how to control and use them, would be something of interest to me.

Now that's cliched. I wouldn't be so quick to criticise aienmahime.

I was thinking about an RP set in a surreal alternative existance, possibly within a confined setting such as an individual town or island, with an ensemble cast of equally surreal characters. The events in this world would reflect the events in another plotline, either written entirely by myself or the GM, or actually played out simultaneously by the same RPers as in the first, surreal piece.
This parallel plotline would be set in the real world and revolve around one, main character, possibly documenting his/her downwards spiral into self-destruction. The surreal setting would in fact be a reflection of his/her state of mind, with different characters representing real-life counterparts or thoughts and feelings. If the RP was successful and went on for long enough, there could ultimately be interaction between the two and his/her eventual salvation or demise.
So far, I haven't really found a set of RPers who would be able to carry this off..

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:56 pm

Northern: Agreed, extremely cliche, but I've had good experiences with it in the past when done with skilled players. You're idea is intriguing, but it would be pretty difficult to pull off well.

Exalted: Just from your regular writing I can see a higher quality of intelligence and writing skill than most. I'll definitely let you know if I get an RP going, and feel free to PM with ideas and the like.

Alban: Nice work, I'll definitely let you know if I get an RP going, and feel free to PM with ideas and the like.

Sayuri: Hit me up with ideas whenever, I'm always looking for a good RP.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kael on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:13 am

Well, it appears that many of us from this thread are now involved in the B.L.I.N.K. RP, so that should turn out well. See you in the adventure.

Kael
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:04 pm

I have a basic idea, although it works best for a one on one roleplay.

To start it is set in the real world.

THE PLOT

MI6 have been becoming increasingly desperate in the struggle against terrorism. So they have gotten together some of their most expereinced agents to go undercover and work as Deniable operators. These are "missions" that cannot be oficially sanctioned by the british government, the dirty work behind the scenes.

The operation was going smoothly. eventually the operators found out an extremely important piece of information; someone in a position of power was feeding terrorist groups information. It was he who helped them organise the hijacking of two boeing 747's in 9/11. But in turn, that very same man found out they had been sent in as Deniable operators, and alerted his "friends" in the terrorist organisations. They in turn alerted the local police to the people being involved in terrorism anonymously. The operators were thrown into jail to rot, and the newspaper story was "MI6 agents gone over to the other side for the money".

But after a few months they organised and led a mass breakout. Now they could be anywhere in the world, and they are looking for payback, for a way to clear their names and expose the real traitor. But they must be careful, the traitor is pouring all his rescources into finding them and having them "eliminated", while at the same time trying to cover his tracks.

(So what do ya think?)

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:09 pm

So is anyone else interested, or will it be a one on one RP??

EDIT: where did village alchemists post go?

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:44 pm

Sir Alban wrote:EDIT: where did village alchemists post go?

I deleted it, because I thought this was a different thread; that post was supposed to go somewhere else. (threads of this sort always look the same to me!)

Now, as a believer in (certain) 9/11 related conspiracy theories, I'm a bit uncomfortable with your idea, but I'll try it. At least as long as I can get you to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtZgwAGGByA

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!