Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Looking for some Scavengers.

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Looking for some Scavengers.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi everyone so I’m trying to get a zombie RP off the ground but I’m not gaining a lot of traction. I know zombies have been done to death but this time it’ll be different because we’re going to be focusing more on character development and storytelling than interaction between characters.

How this will work is My NPC character will give your characters jobs and then you need to write about how they are completed. I’ll take these outcomes and write about how they affect the wider world. Then I’ll give you more missions.

Sounds fun right? If it does post below and I’ll give you a holler when it good to go.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bosch
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Looking for some Scavengers.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:49 pm

How long is long?

Is it going to be a collection of loosely connected short stories rather than a constant interaction? I suppose two writers could collaborate on a joint story.

Anyway, I'm interested.

F

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:02 am

There is no set length really it’s about how long it takes you tell your story.

I’m doing the same Set up with another of my RP called White Group you can check here for an example of it in action.

The way it will work is I’ll post a list of jobs IC.

The Jobs will probably look like this

Area- Cromwell Hospital.

Objective- Find insulin.

Information- We need insulin for one of our residents the closest place to find some is probably the Cromwell Hospital which is on the outskirts of Cromwell. The area has a light Zombie presence however it is a hot spot for other scavengers so be on your toes.

Obviously the actual missions will be more detailed.

You will then write about how the mission went and outcome. What happens is totally up to you.
You could meet a gang of hostile scavengers and wind up in a fight. Meet another Scavenger and strike up a friendship, fail to find the insulin, succeed completely without incident or whatever pretty much anything is on the table. I like to see people grow characters over time.

I then take what you wrote and filter it in to wider story.

The wider story will be about the competing groups in the area so lets say you failed to find the insulin but met another scavenger. The outcomes might be someone died in camp but we made a valuable contact with another group.

Bosch
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spartan322 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:03 pm

This sounds interesting. Will each person be writing only concerning about their character, or will there be character interaction between them all.

spartan322
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:44 pm

Most of your time will spent writing about the jobs your character undertakes, there will be very limited character interaction along the lines of a passing mention. If there is a general desire for such a thing I'll make a special area that is a recreational room or just Haven it's self where your characters can interact with each other in a more traditional setting.

We have a fair bit of interest now so I'll get a RP set up and we'll see how we get on. It'll most likely be ready tomorrow.

If anyone out there would still like to register interest post below and I'll PM you when the RP is ready.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:28 am

If I haven't written your eyes into blindness yet and you need someone else to help get your story up and going... consider me interested. If you've reached your preferred limit thus far though, I understand ahaha

macheteshark
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:10 am

It's a sickness Machete. I love GMing man and writing terrible stories that other make far better with their input.

Unfortunately we've reached our limit for straight up RPers but if you're interested in helping out with some of the more GM focused deals (helping to come up with missions, plot development, etc) I'd love a second set of eyes on stuff I come up with before I turn it in.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lialore on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:01 pm

Man, looks like I'm too late.
If you're ever recruiting again, give me a bell, and you can be sure I'm going to be reading :)
Comrade:
I didn't know Dashmiel was a he.
Dashmiel:
That's what she said.

Lialore
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:31 am

Looking for one more Scav.

The RP has really taken off and the group we have at the moment is great. If you like long posts collaboration and Zombies this is the one for you.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:50 am

Can I give this a little bump by saying I am having an absolute *ball* in this game?

There's some really good writers, a GM with great ideas, and you actually get to influence the plot.

The set-up means there's no down-time waiting around for an irregular poster to answer your character's question, and the slightly longer post length is a real opportunity to show what you can do.

Come one, come all. And if you don't join, stick around to read. It's going to be great.

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:54 am

Thanks Faith your cheque is in the mail!

Still got a spot open for anyone who wants in.

Bosch
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!