Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Love Like Winter(PG-13, mild violence, Harry Potter World)

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Re: Love Like Winter(PG-13, mild violence, Harry Potter World)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:24 am

She hung her head and followed, quiet. He had been right, she would admit that, and to be honest she felt stupid about it now. "Yea, I guess... Um..What class do you have first tomorrow?" She was becoming more reluctant in asking him questions, but she still had hope of having at least one person at her back for this...'trip' as the head master had described it.
~No one will notice a twist of Asphodel~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Celtious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:35 am

He looked at her suspiciously as they walked on. Never before had anyone asked him his schedule. Deep down he knew she was only trying to be kind but kindness from other students usually led him into a situation that would somehow embarrass him later on. With defenses still up he only replied, "Why do you ask?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:40 am

"I was...kind of hoping we had the same one. I don't know anyone else here. It'd just make it easier to get through the day if I recognized someone, that's all..." She shifted through her bag, glancing at her schedule. "..Looks like I have D.A.D.A first..then Herbology after lunch.." She glanced up at him, hoping for a similar response. He hadn't snapped quite as much, but she could feel he was still tense, unsure. Well, that was fine. She didn't have an agenda and he could find that out in his own time. Perhaps she wouldn't be here long enough for it to matter?

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:43 am

"Ancient Runes is my first class." He answered back still keeping his eyes focused forward. "Why did you think the year was 1986 anyways?" There he had done it, he made an attempt to converse on a subject that clearly could not cost him humiliation.

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:48 am

She pouted a bit. It just meant she would have to face a montage of strangers on her own. No big deal, right? She took a seat on the back of the leather couch, bag in her lap and watched him politely. "Um.. truth is, I'm not exactly the model student..." She flushed a bit, but smirked, remembering why she had been sent to the Headmaster's office in the first place. "Usually, the head of house would handle it, but I really screwed up this time and the head master wanted to talk to me. In short, curiosity killed the cat... I made the mistake of messing around with one of the trinkets Dumbledore keeps in his office and next thing I know, here I am 8 years in the past.." She chewed on her lip, wondering if he would even believe her. He could ask Dumbledore if he so wished, she had no reason to lie.

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:55 am

He looked at her with curious eyes. "Eight years in the past huh, well I know better then to go asking questions about the future which also brings me to mention that it might be such a good idea for you to go to any classes tomorrow or how ever long you are here. Anything you do in any class could cause serious consequences for others in the future." He said as he began gathering up his papers.

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:58 am

"I know. Dumbledore already gave me that lecture." She took the chance to smile at him. Yes, she knew his future, she knew it rather well and she knew the sort of hell she would put him through once he became a professor. Should she try to make up for it now? No, she wasn't that sort of 'suck up'.. Besides, Snape would see through it anyway. She would have to be careful what she said and to whom. She knew her biggest problem would be Malfoy-oh yes, she knew the Malfoy family. Being pureblood was enough to get a Malfoy's attention. Her parents had known the Malfoys rather well, and so she was acquainted with Lucious already. She would have to keep control of herself to not light his hair on fire....again.. "Headed to bed?"

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:33 am

"Obviously." He stated as he paused mid way in picking up his last two books. "In case it has slipped your attention it's getting late, very late actually." He headed to the stairs and stopped thinking this might present a problem for her. "Did Dumbledore have a suggestion as to how to undo this mess?"

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:38 am

She twisted to watch him, feeling stupid for trying to make lesser conversation. But he was right, it was late. She couldn't blame him for being tired. As far as Dumbledore's advice? "He said wait it out for now and he'll try to find a way to send me home.. I'm supposed to stick around you until then. Something about comfort level so I don't freak out. I'll stay away if you want me to, though. Either way.." She shrugged. She'd sleep on the couch for tonight. She wasn't ready to glower and sweet talk her way into a place with the Slytherin girls tonight..

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:43 am

Severus nearly blinked at Dumbledore's advice. "Did he now?" He was almost insulted as it had that hint of 'Severus needs a friend too.' Even though Severus wasn't well liked and about as popular as a dung beetle, taking on the role of someone's friend by recommendation almost seemed like a pity party. A pity party given in his honor. "Then I will see you in the morning at breakfast and we will see about the possibility of me skipping classes for a day or so." Before she could say another word he headed upstairs to his room.

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:48 am

Asphodel blinked as well and sighed once he was out of the room. This...was going to be interesting. She didn't sleep well that night, and it wasn't because the couch wasn't comfortable; quite the contrary actually. Her nerves were getting the best of her, which never boded well. She would have to shape up and quick.

The morning found her up and shifting through the various notebooks she had been given to use and labeling them, one for each class she had. She had them stuffed back in her bag, her bag set to the side and was clawing through her hair, trying to split it into three parts to braid it by the time Severus came down from his room.

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:02 am

Severus was about to ask if she slept well but he highly doubted it. "I"ll meet you in the Great Hall." He said as he went on out of the common room. Last night he had been able to avoid other students seeing him speak to the girl but during the day it was going to be almost impossible. And he was right, the minute he spoke to her he could feel eyes on him and the giggling and whispering followed immediately after. He simply hung his head down as was his normal stance and went on out.

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:08 am

Asphodel smiled timidly at him when she saw him come down and simply nodded after him. She quickly gave up on her braid after fumbling twice and hopped up, hurrying after him. She had heard the giggles and whispers behind his back once he had gone-was that how it always was for him? Already she could see why he was so shut off..

She and several other students ducked around Peeves on their way through the short cut, though a few of them ended up drenched anyway. Asphodel quickly wrung out the sleeve of her robes where Peeves had got her and followed the group up to the Entrance Hall. She took a moment, standing off to the side of the entrance to the Great Hall, to scan the Slytherin table and find Severus before drawing a breath and ducking inside, quickly going to greet him. She wasn't simply going to just sit down. It felt weird enough as was already without him thinking her rude. "Morning." She did her best to sound cheery.

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:12 am

The moment she sat down beside him he scooted a few inches to the side to put a bit of distance between the two. He kept his eyes down at his plate as he finished up his eggs and sausages. "Morning" he replied between bites not lifting his head.

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:16 am

She tried to ignore his initial reaction, but found she had no appatite. She contributed it to the last 24 hours of nervous and shock. She couldn't help but notice how no one else was around them and she lifted her head just enough to frown up at the headmaster, not really sure he had made the best choice. Dumbledore, however, seemed to just smile and nod at her, continuing with his own breakfast. She would simply have to trust him like she usually had to. She glanced back at Severus again, itching to break the silence between them, but unsure as to how.

"You mentioned skipping classes last night..why?"

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:21 am

He swallowed his food and looked at her briefly, "Because Dumbledore wants you around me and you can't very well follow me to my classes." The giggles in the common room earlier was bad but the taunting he was now getting from other tables were worse, with lots of whispers of "Look... Snape's got himself a girlfriend." You could almost see the red going up the back of his neck. He just put his face back down to his food and took another bite.

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:26 am

"..I don't think he meant skip classes. I think he just meant someone to fall back on if I panic.." She wasn't blind, neither was she dumb or deaf. She could hear and see taunts from the other tables...and it was pissing her off. Snape might or might not have been able to hear the 'cra-ca-crack crack pop' of her knuckles as she flexed her wand hand. So many students, so few legal hexes.. No, there was a way to play this game, and wild spells wasn't it. No, she would let it go for now and see how this monster played out. She was already getting a feel for the way the school worked in this decade, with the Death Eaters still young and plaguing the halls. Yes, she would have to play the way her parents and Uncle had taught her, the way she had gotten detention for in her fourth year. She had her plan, but it didn't stop her hand from flexing and her brow from knitting as if she could set something on fire just by staring at it hard enough.

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:48 am

Severus finished his breakfast and spoke rapidly while he gathered his things, "Look if you need anything... just come find me." His voice was shaky and had that near crying sound to it, "I need to get to class." He stood and walked out in a hasty manner.

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:55 am

She let him go for now, watching him head out and listening, watching how the people reacted behind his back. She looked to the other Slytherins to see if they would do something, anything and was extremely disappointed to see that they....did nothing. They even smiled, laughed right along with the others! ...It infuriated her. Again, she glanced up at Dumbledore, highly doubting now that he had made the right choice here. Then again, he didn't know how she could get when people were being picked on. She had definitely picked up on his wavering tone, she could almost see the tears she was sure were threatening to show in front of everyone else...and she felt a pang in her heart. She knew what it was like to be teased and taunted. Her glasses weren't the only queer thing about her when she had started school. For now, she would let him have his time. She would talk to him later, after classes.

Defense went well, as far as Asphodel was concerned. They were practicing silent spells, which she picked up on fairly easily. The Defense teacher was feeble to say the least and left much to be desired. She wondered if she would be allowed to practice on her own.. The rest of the day slipped by slowly as she tried to be as withdrawn as possible, talking and reacting to almost nothing save for what she absolutely had to. It was better this way, for now. She visited the library for a bit before retreating to the common room and sitting at the table she had been at the night before with Severus, spread out her homework and hid behind her pile of books.

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:17 am

Severus walked into the commons room and saw his newest "friend" doing her work at the table he normally sat at. He thought about sitting on the other side but decided against it and sat near the fireplace instead. So far no one had snickered or made a comment but he could feel it coming. As the night wore on he noticed that the students had left him alone for a change and that brought his attention back to the girl. He looked up and saw that the room was all but empty. Only he and her remained.

His first impulse was to close his book as he was done with his assignments but now his curiousity got the better of him. "So... anything interesting happen today?"

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!