Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Love Like Winter(PG-13, mild violence, Harry Potter World)

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Love Like Winter(PG-13, mild violence, Harry Potter World)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:41 am

Asphodel Silverson was an above average student. She was never late to class, almost never made a mistake on her homework-even now in her sixth year- and was almost always the favorite of her teachers. She was a Slytherin, though many argued she belonged with the Ravenclaws or even the Gryffindors-those that said such ended up inexplicably in the Hospital wing. She had served her fair share of detentions for various things and knew well not to tempt the wrath of the Potion's master-Severus Snape.

Asphodel looked the typical Slytherin-long raven hair that fell past her shoulders in waves and curls at the ends to contrast her pale skin-it was the Irish blood in her. She had freckles here and there and wore glasses for a while, so she knew well what it was to be teased. Asphodel, however, had taken the fighter's way out. That was where her detentions had come from and that was why no one tempted her any more.

This time however things has gotten out of hand and she found herself in Dumbledore's office with Snape on his way up. She was in serious trouble this time; she had 'accidentally' mixed the wrong potion and capped a bit to take from class, slipping it into a student's drink that forgotten his lessons from third year with her. The kid was now in the Hospital wing, though Poppy wouldn't release the details of what the potion had done.

She kicked herself as she wandered about the Head Master's office, knowing she should sit down and stay still, but she was a curious creature and soon found herself awing over a small, harmless looking gadget on a silver stand off in one of the dark corners. Being inquisitive, she wanted to pick it up, turn it over and examine it, but she held her hands firmly at her sides. But.. the little silver trinket seemed to call to her and she slowly lifted a finger, poking it lightly once before it shimmered and seemed to explode, sprawling her back onto the floor. Had she known it was a time-travel item that would send her about 8 years into the past, she probably would not have touched it...

She waited for her head to clear before getting up and panicking. There was a large scorch mark the on carpet now- she, too, was covered in what could have been soot though it was easily brushed off- and several of the other trinkets had been knocked off their stands as well. It only took her a moment to realize just how much trouble she would be in now and for the first time, she was scared witless of not only what the Head Master would do, but what her Head of House- Severus Snape- would do. He had already expressed his displeasure with her actions thus far, who knew what he would do if she did actual damage to something? Preferring to NOT find out just how cruel he could be, she scrambled for the office door, darting down the stair case and towards the safety of the dungeons.

She finally reached the spiral stair case and the student was so dark from behind that she just barely missed ramming into him as she rounded the corner and sprinted down the hall. She noticed him at the last minute and was just able to change direction so as not to bowl into him head on. She clipped his elbow with her own, sending them both stumbling and her to the ground on her back.

She shook the hair out of her face and blinked up to see who it was, instantly apologizing and freezing mid-sentence as she didn't recognize the lanky, pale, greasy haired student in Slytherin robes.. which was odd, because she knew everyone in her house at least by face. "..I'm.. I'm sorry.." She stuttered one last time, picking herself up. Something about him made her loose her nerve. Usually, she would gripe at whoever it was to watch their backs, but there was ...something... She couldn't put her finger on it even as she brushed herself off.
Last edited by Celtious on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Celtious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Love Like Winter(NC-17+, Harry Potter world)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:20 am

There was no such thing as a perfect day for Severus. Either he was being tormented and shunned by classmates or he was in some sort of detention for things that were honestly not his fault. Today however had been a rare occassion where neither had happened. He was on his way back to the common room to study over his potions when he suddenly found himself being rammed into and forced down onto his back. "Watch where you are going.... " he began ranting as he reached about himself to gather his books and belongings. His face was pale, his hair slimy and limp looking. His eyes held distaste for anyone that would attempt to speak to him. Years of being the
buttend of everyone's joke made a person that way. He stood up with his belongings in his arms and looked at the girl that was dusting herself off. "Don't even apologize, to say you were sorry would be a lie anyway." He mumbled to himself.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Re: Love Like Winter(NC-17+, Harry Potter world)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:29 am

Asphodel almost leaned down to help him pick up his things, but his tone helped her decide otherwise. Apparently, he was having a very bad day; she wouldn't aggravate him.. Denied her ability to apologize again, she picked at her nails as she tried to decide what to do. She glanced around at the dark stones in the flickering torchlight and let her gaze rest on the potions class room. The door was open, which was rare. Perhaps Snape had left it open in his rush to attend to the head master's summon?

She shook her head, turning to continue down to the dungeons. "I AM sorry, believe me or not. By the way, did you happen to see Professor Snape leave the classroom..by any chance?" She winced, not really wanting to hear the answer, afraid the Potions Master was still in his classroom and would exit any minute to grab her by the arm and give her the earful she deserved.

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Re: Love Like Winter(PG-13, mild violence, Harry Potter World)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:49 pm

Severus looked at her again with a gaze cold enough to freeze water on the spot. "Think you're funny do you." It was more a statement rather then a question. He was about to walk off with his books and things up in his arms when he stopped and turned to look at her. His hair was falling down in his face with its usual stringy, oil manner. "Don't you people ever get tired of poking fun at me? Aside from keeping to myself what did I ever do to any of you?" He waited all of 3 seconds for her to answer him before he started going off again.

"Mark my words though, one day I'll be a professor here. And I'll be the greatest professor this school has ever seen. I dare you to poke fun of me then."

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:01 am

Asphodel fumbled with her words for a moment before giving up and hopping off to the potions classroom to see for herself. She almost fainted seeing who was in there. She had never known Snape to get sick or take time off, so why was Slughorn here? It puzzled her greatly and she stared for a few seconds before pulling out of sight and following the boy she had run into down to the Slytherin Commons. She slipped in behind him, catching the edge of the portrait just before it closed...that is, if he didn't notice her trotting along in his footsteps. If he did, she simply smiled at him, waiting for a comment. She wasn't doing anything wrong, she wasn't up to anything.

If he didn't notice her, she breathed a sigh of relief entering the commons, but froze at the top of the steps.... She didn't recognize ANYone! Was this some sort of joke? None of students here were from any of the other houses, so it wasn't a Gryffindor prank.. Besides, it wasn't like the BLoody Barron would let those snot-nosed kids into noble Slytherin house common room.. She simply stared for a moment before trotting down the steps as if she belonged there and settled by the fire, legs folded under her as she stared into the fire to contemplate her fate.

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:16 am

Some people just don't have a clue. Severus thought to himself as the girl joined him on his way back down the hall. "Have a great evening." He mumbled as he turned just before going into the common room and departed her company.

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:23 am

She let the comment in the entrance way go, muttering the same wish after him.

She waited for everyone else to go to bed before getting up and going over to straighten a picture that she had been staring at. It had irked her, but she didn't want to fiddle with it in front of the other students. Pleased with it now, she took a moment to examine it and frowned. "..The first-years must have rearranged again.. I don't remember this portrait.." She shrugged it off and went back to the fire, taking up a spot on the couch and watching the boy as he scribbled feverishly on his parchment. She had never seen a student as dedicated to his work as he was. Save for her, of course, then again she was in Snape's class. Perfection was the standard, not the goal.

After a short time, she got up and crept over, peeking over his shoulder to see what he was scribbling about.....and then her eyes wandered over to the date: 1078. She laughed gently to herself at this point.

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:32 am

Severus sighed heavily and put down his quill. He looked straight ahead and spoke with a very quiet voice, "Find something funny do you?" He asked as he picked up his quill again and began writing. "Honestly.... haven't grown tired of tormenting me yet? Normally it takes only a few moments to grow tired of it but you seem to have made it an annoyingly bad habit."

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:35 am

"I honestly dont' see how this is tormenting. I just noticed you're worse than I am with how meticulous your essay is.. and the date is wrong. It's '86, no '78.." She smiled gently, stepping right so she wasn't behind him and she could lean down to catch his eye. "You study too hard, it seems.."

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:39 am

Severus looked up at her and studied her face. She was dead serious, she really thought it was 1986. Then the unthinkable happened. He laughed out loud. So loud in fact that the portraits snapped out of their dozing and hushed him. "Sorry." he whispered to the Bloody Baron. He turned his face back to his. "And obviously you don't study enough or you would know that the year is 1978. Ask the Baron if you are so sure of yourself, I'm sure he will appreciate the good laugh too."

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:47 am

She blinked at him and stood up straight again, always ready for a challenge, though she smirked as she set a hand on her hip and twisted around. "Oi! Baron! What year is it?" The baron paused in his glide across the common room, laughing gently since he had heard the conversation. "The boy is right, it's only 1978." The smile faded from her face a bit. "Come on, Baron, quit joking around.." The baron shook his head and resumed his trip. "What reasons would a ghost have to lie?"

It hit her then, like a bucketful of ice-cold glass shards dumped into her stomach. The explosion, the minor differences in the common room and castle, and now that she thought back to it, Dumbledore's office as well. Everything else in her head stopped, her hand slipped from her hip and a look of horror slowly twisted over her features. "19..7..8..No.. That's.. impossible.." She looked back to the boy and for a split second stared. No, The Baron wouldn't lie, as mean as he could be he wouldn't be in on some sort of joke like this either. It also explained why she recognized no one in Slytherin house. "You're lying.." Asphodel was usually calm, collected and kept to herself; now, in her panic, she grasped the boy's shoulders and leaned down to get a clear look into his eyes. "Tell me you're lying!!"

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:54 am

Severus blinked at her and pushed her hands off him as he backed up. "Have you gone mad?" He asked getting to his feet. He kept his voice down as he didn't want to wake the house. "And would you please keep you bloody voice down?" He asked almost in a whisper. It was then that the Baron spoke up again, "For God's sake Severus, tell the girl you're lying so we can get some sleep."

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:58 am

Asphodel's eyes darted between them. Were they playing her? Surely not, especially not the Baron, she was one of his favorite Slytherin's. Severus he had said.. as in..Severus... Snape..? Severus Tobias Snape? She looked him over again. The similarities were there, but.. Had the Professor been so...tormented during his years at school? Was that why he was always withdrawn and snarky? It made sense, but none of THIS made sense. No, she could put that off for later.

"You're lying, you're both lying...." Asphodel hated panicking, she cried when she panicked; but she couldn't help it this time. Neither could she help the tears welling up even though she did her best to bite her lip and keep them at bay. "Don't you lie to me, I'll throw you to the Hufflepuffs for Charms practice, I swear I will!" She kept her voice down, but her tone was far from pleased.

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:03 am

Severus came around the table and took her by both arms, his face mere inches from his own, "If you don't stop this insanity I'll going to send the Baron to get Dumbeldore. Do you hear me?"

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:10 am

She trembled for a moment. No one had been so bold as to even tap her shoulder-save for her friends of course- let along grab her. She was terrified, Severus could easily see that. "Dumbledore.. Yea, Dumbledore. Good idea.. That's where this started. Is he even still awake?" As much as she hated being around the old man, she had to admit he often had the answers she needed, and it WAS in his office that this all started. "Baron.. would you?" She kept her gaze locked with the boy's. He was taller than her, lanky, but judging from his grip he wasn't weak lanky, just high-metabolism lanky. The Baron happily left, not one to want to admit that a student from HIS house had gone insane.

The bit of comfort knowing Dumbledore would soon sort this all out let her relax a bit, and she couldn't help but notice the smell coming from the boy in front of her. Severus was his name, wasn't it? She leaned her head forward just a bit and sniffing lightly at him. She couldn't help the twitch at the corner of her lip. "Is that..clover?"

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:20 am

He let go of her shoulders and turned sharply away. "If you don't mind I prefer not to discuss my hygenie with other people." He face looked hurt for a moment but was quickly replaced with annoyance again as he took back his seat at his paper.

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:25 am

".... I didn't say you smelled bad, geesh." She smoothed at her uniform and took a seat at his table, but caddy corner and out of his way of studying. She let her mind wander, leaving him be unless he spoke to her until the Baron returned alone, gliding over. "The headmaster says he enjoys liquorish snaps.." Aphophodel sighed and got up. "Guess it was asking too much to get him to come down here. Fine. Come with me..?" She was looking over towards the Baron, but Severus was between them, so she could have been asking either.

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:31 am

Severus slammed his book closed and stood up, "Anything to help put an end to this day and this evening." He snapped as he started out of the room not bothering to look over his shoulder to see if she was coming or not.

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celtious on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:47 am

Asphodel jumped when he slammed the book down and couldn't help the two tears that escaped her iron hold. Both she and the Baron watched after him as he stalked out of the commons, following shortly after him. Asphodel took the time to ask the Baron in quiet tones just what was this Slytherin's problem. The Baron had no problem enlightening her to the fact that he was the but of everyone's jokes and pranks, even within the house. She was surprised that the house didn't protect itself and felt empathetic towards his plight.

She was silent the rest of the way, muttering the password and hopping up the steps once the gryphon statue had sprung to the side. "Wait for me, Baron, please?" The Baron rolled his eyes, but nodded, muttering about 'needy Slytherin girls'. She glanced down at Severus. "..You didn't have to come all this way. Thank you." She did her best to express her sincerity without over-doing it and headed up the steps.

An half hour in Dumbledore's office left her feeling numb as she took the short cut down to the dungeons, clutching her new back pack filled with bare minimum supplies. The Baron had gone ahead after she thanked him for waiting, insisting she could find her way back on her own. He laughed at Severus as he waited outside the Slytherin commons, patting him on the shoulder. "Boy, if only you knew, you wouldn't be so mean.." for he had heard all that was said between the headmaster and Asphodel. She blinked when she found him waiting at the portrait and smiled lightly, quickly looking back to the ground, hugging her bag tighter. "You didn't have to wait.."

Celtious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dejavue on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:19 am

He ignored her attempt at being friendly, "Got your head on straight now?" He turned without looking at her and started back down the hall to the Slytherin common room.

dejavue
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!