Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A love story of the musical kind.

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

A love story of the musical kind.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm banking on the interesting title hopefully catching some eyes. If not, then I guess I'm out of luck.

Anyway, I'm looking for some specifics for an 1 x 1 RP that I later intend to take inspiration from in some future creative works. The work in question involves a very in-depth universe, full of characters of my own creation. The universe itself has some pretty complex rules, so anyone who's willing to answer this call will need a bit of a briefing before we can jump into this.

The basic plot that I want to do involves two characters.

One of them is Michael Kay. He's a teenager who has a serious obsession with the 1970's, disco and related things like that. You might be able to get a little idea of his character from my avatar, but luckily I have a reference picture of him.

As for his character, he's really oblivious, clumsy, and overall a bit naive. I intend to play him.

The second character is a girl about the same age named Kim Ramone. She's a punk rocker chick who blurs the line between new age punk and classic '70's and '80's punk. A reference for her can be found below.

As for her character, in simple terms, she is an angry bitch. She has a very short temper, complains a lot, and actually relishes getting into fist fights and causing people pain. She has a reason for all this related to her past, but it's safe to say her and Michael won't be getting along for awhile, but yes, they will eventually fall in love with one another.

Since this is a vast universe with a lot of background story, there will be other characters, and I'll play them also, unless someone expresses a real interest in playing certain ones. I'm totally open to that.

So here's what I'm looking for in a potential partner...

1: Be a competent writer. I don't imagine that being hard, and I hope I'm not asking too much.

2. Be willing to delve into the universe that Michael and Kim exist in, which involves music-based superpowers and alternate history. It's something I treasure very dearly and I'd like to RP with someone who takes the time to be familiar with it. Here's a link to a very in-depth description of my original universe. Hopefully it will catch some interest...

The Music Masters: Series Bible

3. Be willing to go into some adult and mature themes. Obviously nothing beyond really PG-13 though.

4. Be willing to be dedicated. I will write with a passion as long as you do. Believe me.

5. These little things might help: familiarity with both oldschool and new punk rock music (The Ramones, Anti-Flag, SUM 41, the works...), have some experience playing extremely bitchy characters, and also have the ability to inject some life and different perspective into a character.

Basically, I want to have some real fun with this and make a great romance/action story. I've got plenty of imagination.

The question is, do you? PM me or post here if you're interested. Thanks. :D
This is my song, and nothing can make it die. It's been so long, and it's stronger, I know why. And I wonder, if you really, really know? That as long as I live I will sing my song for you... ~ Labi Siffre

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hejin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: A love story of the musical kind. (Female player wanted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Holy crap, pick me! I'm pro at playing female bitchy characters and I'm passable at old bands like that, though I'm better at metal bands...

If you have any more questions or anything about my competency feel free to PM, I'll be watching this post as well :D
All say, "How hard it is that we have to die" - a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
~Mark Twain

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: A love story of the musical kind. (Female player wanted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hejin on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:40 pm

BleedingCrimson wrote:Holy crap, pick me! I'm pro at playing female bitchy characters and I'm passable at old bands like that, though I'm better at metal bands...

If you have any more questions or anything about my competency feel free to PM, I'll be watching this post as well :D

Awesome. I sent you a response PM earlier. We can talk in more detail whenever you get the chance.

Hejin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: A love story of the musical kind.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Hey, I miss you! Hopefully I can get in on your next project.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!