Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Magic Mirror

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Magic Mirror

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vampire_chic14 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:19 pm

Storyline:

No one knows everything. Not even the smartest of all. Areas of the unknown still to be discovered, artifacts to be found.
We tend to stumble across discoveries. Everything happens for a reason.
Some fight over theories, while others search for an answer to these arguments. Some also just go on with everyday life and wait for something interesting to happen.
But what if we found something that breaks every law of science? Goes beyond what we ever imagined. Could we stumble across different realms that link to ours?
What if we gained the power to travel to these worlds and experience it for ourselves? The answers could unravel the fabric of the unknown, or destroy EVERYTHING as we know it...

You happen to find a portal to another realm, where these questions may have already been answered.
There is only one thing. You may be the only 'inter-traveller' in existence. Or you may find others who were granted the same gift.
The downside is you don't hold the power yourself, you happen to stumble across a 'Magic Mirror' that is actually a doorway to this different realm. With this 'Mirror' you can also enter different parts of your world from the other side, as long as you carry it with you. Without this, you may very well be trapped. If the glass breaks, you get stuck between worlds. You take bits and pieces of your form and bits and pieces of some creatures (from your birth realm) from each realm and transform into a monstrous-looking being, switching uncontrollably between each world and gaining enemies from each side. This gift can be dangerous, you must be aware.

There are only two realms that are connected so far. The universe in which Earth resides, and the realm of Samanalia, where creatures known to themselves as the Ailan (The dominant beings of the Realm) beings live and different creatures of all shapes, colors and sizes reside.
Beings from both realms can stumble across any of these 'Mirrors' and travel between realms, or meet in the middle where the magic of these mirrors is created.

The Realms:

Earth: You all should know of this one..

Samanalia: Like Earth, it has trees, mountains, e.t.c.
The sky is a light orange, and has no suns, only a red moon that lights up the world.
Beings called Ailan have inherited this land as their own. (Little Tid-Bit: The word Ailan comes from the last five letters of Samanalia, but reversed.) They are short, human-like beings, the tallest being about 4' 4'' tall, with pointed ears and a light greenish skin. These creatures live to be around 400 human years old, but they remain looking about 26 in human years, since their age is that divided by 3. (Also, they hold VERY different names.)

The Middle: This isn't really considered a realm, but is the chain that links everything together. A small field simulation enfolded in a blanket of pure white sky. It has dim lighting, being that it is in the middle. The white stands out, though, as if a light shone through.

The Character Skeleton:

Username:
Ch Name:
Realm: (You can choose either Samanalia or Earth)
Primary Race: (Human or Ailan)
Human Appearance: (You may use a picture, but a description is most preferred.)
Ailan Appearance: *Optional* (You may use a picture, but a description is most preferred.)
Monstrous Appearance: (In case the mirror breaks. You may use a picture, but a description is most preferred.)
Personality:
Short Bio:
The 'mirror': (note, actually looks like a hand-held mirror mirror)

Rules (fuuun.. :L but they're needed):
-Follow the ToS
-No God-modding
-No speed-posts. It will make it easier on those trying to follow the story.
-If you get writers block (CURSE that writers block!), try at least to get one paragraph of 3 to 5 sentences, no less than 3.
-Try to keep language on a down-low. Permitted somewhat, but don't let it get out of hand. MAX: 2.
-Have fun (I LOVE this rule!)

My Character

Username: vampire_chic14
Ch Name: Karri Harings
Realm: Earth
Primary Race: Human
Human Appearance: Image
Ailan Appearance: Image
Monstrous Appearance: Image
Personality: Will unfold during the progress of the story.
Short Bio: Like her personality, I will let it unravel through the story.
The 'mirror': Image

Accepted Profiles:

(**Note**: You post your sheet, and I will add it here for organization.)

Username: Twilight01
Ch Name: Cali Lowe
Personality: Be revealed through story
Short Bio: Reveal through story

Username:Knock
Ch Name:Jasper Jackson
Realm:Earth
Primary Race:Human
Human Appearance:Image
Monstrous Appearance:A green Reptilian man with a short grey Mohawk and a blue and a white eye stands at easily six feet tall and has a short muscular physique
Personality:He suffered the Trauma of watching his father die when he was young and carries around a mental block to stop people from getting close to him although on the inside he's really a friendly person
Short Bio:((In story))
The 'mirror': A small square mirror with a green border and the letters A F G E on each side

Username: .Life.Death.Tragedy.
Ch Name: Ao Wyntir
Human Appearance:Image
Ailan Appearance:Image
Personality: because of her monsterous side, she often tries to stay away from people in order to save them from herself. rest is TBA
Short Bio: killed her sister in her monsterous form by accident. rest TBA
Last edited by vampire_chic14 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
I would cross a thousand miles for you. I would climb mountains and swim oceans just to be with you. And if you cried, I would be there to make things better. But if I said I love you, would you laugh and turn your back on me? Would you take advantage of my love then break my heart when you were finished? Or would you hold me in your arms and say Ditto?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

vampire_chic14
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Magic Mirror

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:42 pm

Username: Twilight01
Ch Name: Cali Lowe
Personality: Be revealed through story
Short Bio: Reveal through story
Kill Them With Kindness :D

I got the great news... I'm having a little GIRL!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aika
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:57 pm

Username:Knock
Ch Name:Jasper Jackson
Realm:Earth
Primary Race:Human
Monstrous Appearance:A green Reptilian man with a short grey Mohawk and a blue and a white eye stands at easily six feet tall and has a short muscular physique
Personality:He suffered the Trauma of watching his father die when he was young and carries around a mental block to stop people from getting close to him although on the inside he's really a friendly person
Short Bio:((In story))
The 'mirror': A small square mirror with a green border and the letters A F G E on each side
Those who think they know everything do not know that they do not know what they do not
know-Knock

98% of teens would die if Myspace died, if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their face, put this in your signature.

95% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 5% that listen to ROCK or METAL add this to your sig.

If Aeropastle told teens that it was cool to hold your breath and die 85% of teens would if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their faces add this to your sig

knock
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Life.Death.Tragedy. on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:12 am

Username: .Life.Death.Tragedy.
Ch Name: Ao Wyntir
Ailan Appearance:Image
Personality: because of her monsterous side, she often tries to stay away from people in order to save them from herself. rest is TBA
Short Bio: killed her sister in her monsterous form by accident. rest TBA
Last edited by .Life.Death.Tragedy. on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

.Life.Death.Tragedy.
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vampire_chic14 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:30 pm

OOC: Cool! Just one comment.. Life.Death.Tragedy, I can't seem to see your human appearance.. But everything else looks great! :) I have added you all in the first post, meaning you are accepted! :)

vampire_chic14
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Life.Death.Tragedy. on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:34 pm

ya i just realized that
i'll fix that lol

.Life.Death.Tragedy.
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vampire_chic14 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:57 pm

OOC: Alright, thanks :) I'll fix that as well.

vampire_chic14
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vampire_chic14 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:22 pm

OOC: Alright. Those who were accepted (As noted in the accepted profiles in the first post.) You can post whenever. Others who wish to join, we are still accepting :)

vampire_chic14
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!