Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Magical Might! Primal v.s. Psionic (Comments page~)

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Magical Might! Primal v.s. Psionic (Comments page~)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:14 pm

Heya! I'm Ghaarme, and I realized that I haven't made a one on one challenge in a while sooo...here we go! I've wanted to test out my new and improved mage for quite a while now, and i've recently created a psionic character as well. That made me think about the whole, Psionic v.s. Arcane debate aaand, I wanna try that kind of battle! But not now...unless you want to ^-^ lol

You can choose to battle:
characters/Nhil Which would be an Arcane opponent
OR
characters/Alexander%20Syks My Psychic fighter.

Both combatants are semi-high tier, so don't be afraid to bust out those big characters of yours x3

Here are the rules....
-Turn based fight
-No God modding (by the standards of this site)
-No auto hitting
-Competent writing and description
-4 Day posting time limit
-Mid to High powered opponent preferred
-Must be willing to take hits as well as deal them.
-No powers not clearly stated in the character profile
-Have fun~

Any takers?
Last edited by Ghaarme on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Magical Might! Arcane v.s. Psionic (OPEN CHALLENGE)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zman on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:53 pm

I challange characters/Alexander%20Syks with the beast of all beasts and destruction in a physical form. By that I mean this guy characters/Alek%20%22Al%22%20West

Thanks!

~Z~
Last edited by Zman on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost;
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

"Heroes Die. Legends Endure!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zman
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:59 pm

Well, the idea was Psionic v.s. Arcane but whatever floats ur boat dude o.o and the opponent doesn't matter, I just wanna brawl!

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:14 pm

Wow...he looks...tough...ok then. Give me a bit to set up the IC battle thread and I'll make the first post. Good?

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Re: Magical Might! Primal v.s. Psionic (Comments page~)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:54 am

So basically it's Jean Gray/Psylocke/Professor X vs. the Hulk in a cage match, this should be interesting. I wish you both the best of luck and may the better writer/fighter win.

Skall
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zman on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:48 am

Very good fight so far. However, I am going to have to kindly ask for a judge to take a look at our last two posts. Mainly because I believe that Fury's punch would have hit Alexander in the stomach/chest area and not down into the sword. The judge doesn't matter to me, however I'd really like one that is inpartial to both parties.

Thanks

~Z~

Zman
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:07 am

Wow, I have no idea why I PMed you instead of talking in the OOC xD

Well of course the punch wouldn't hit the sword, on purpose o: it was my aim to state that in my post, he repositioned the edge of the blade as if to parry the strike or riposte, but instead pressed it forward as opposed to moving it to the side. If I did not say so clearly I apologize.

lol no sane person would conciously hit a sharp object xD not even a slightly mad demi-god!

If you have any more concerns after this we can still call a judge :3 Sallagrim is really good at this ind of stuff. Jace or Raivyn wouldn't be bad either.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zman on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:02 am

I posted an interupt. Fury doing something halfway through your post before you created the psysteel needles and everything after the psysteel blade connected with Fury's fist.

~Z~

Zman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:59 am

D: curse you! You stomped out mah favorite power! Count on me using it again >.> if mah tineh bones aren't already being chewed up and spit out.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:45 am

*raises hand*

Um...I gotz a question Z! Did Fury just push off of...kinetic energy? In mid-air he pushed off of energy in order to redirect himself? o.o isn't that alot like...pushing yourself off of...wind? Like, you can try but it won't work. To the best of my knowledge at least. I haven't done much wind...pushing >.>; *cough* get back to me on that one before I post.

And just to let you know, Alexander isn't standing on a building : P he's just on snow atm. Remember he jumped from the building to meet Fury on equal footing? And since you didn't post your lil beasty jumping up, I assumed that would be on ground level.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zman on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:35 am

Well considering wind can't slam into anything I assumed that the psychokinetic blast slamming down into Fury had a semi-solid to solid presence about it. Also seeing as how you didn't mention it didn't I took that into my own hands. Also, from what I've discerned from all of our postings about the battlefield is that we are fighting in a destroyed city where buildings have fallen all around each other, with others crumbling and whatnot with a layer of snow covering everything. No, Fury didn't jump up to Alexander but Alexander did jump out to meet Fury who was standing on a fallen building though it felt like pavement to him.

Zman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:46 am

Yeah...but it's psychic ENERGY dude. I made it a psychokinetic attack for the sole purpose of negating movement you could take in the air. If I wanted a solid manifestation I would've made it psysteel eh?

And now I get the building part ^-^ thankies.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zman on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:54 am

Well for the psychokinetic blast to even slam into Fury it would have to be solid or even semi-solid otherwise it would simple wash over him like wind blows of a rock/mountain. If it is like you say it is, psychic energy, then it would wash over Fury's body and slow him down most likely to the point of stopping him from ascending anymore but it wouldn't slam into him as you put into your post. I am just using the words you used to my own advantage.

Zman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:33 pm

o 3o now im confused. If the energy is pushing you towards the ground, wouldn't it have roughly the same properties as gravity? Just intensified. You can resist gravity if you have some sort of base to stand upon, but you can't...push off of it...ya know? I do not get how kinetic energy can be solid in any way...it's not condensing molecules or anything like that. And it's psychic energy dude :/ unless you have some sort of innate resistance to psionics, it isnt just going to wash over you. I'm sure you know how psychic attacks work yus o.o?

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zman on Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:12 pm

You and Me arguing back and forth wont ever solve the problem. Seeing as we both think we are each right in what we are saying. I will simply ask for a judge that both you and I agree upon and I will abide by their ruling. Is that fair enough?

Zman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:14 pm

If you want (~o.o)~ I shall just dance in the mean time~

I gotz a sinking feeling that you will prevail. lol.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zman on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:28 pm

I've asked Jace to be the judge.

Zman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jace on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Alrighty!

The energy bit is a tad confusing, but as it seems to be mostly force then there should be no way to push off from it just by using your feet. So, my judgment is that Zman edit his post accordingly.

Jace
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Wewt x3 thankies Jace!

o.o wow, havent seen you in a while...odd. Anywaaaays....

- O- rawr.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jace on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:56 pm

Work is a bitch x.x

Jace
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!