Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mayhem and Misery

Mayhem and Misery

a part of “Mayhem and Misery”, a fictional universe by Burn One Down.

The witches foretold the return of monsters, but not quite like this, and the humans had no earthly idea of what to expect. But then, neither did the monsters, really.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Mayhem and Misery”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Mayhem and Misery

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slimmyjimjim on Wed May 21, 2014 3:02 pm

All of that sounds great and I like the dorm idea sounds great but do you think that when the dorm set up is finished that we should wait a week longer and if Burn Me Down doesn't show up that we should just start in hope that they'll come back. I don't want to be rude or anything I just don't know when they're coming back.
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢
◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥
◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

slimmyjimjim
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ibecameinsane on Wed May 21, 2014 5:19 pm

I wouldn't start without BurnOneDown strictly because he's the GM and it's probably essential that he make the first post. I can't do anything because I'm not Co-GM so it all depends on when/if he comes back. As for the dorm thing, I don't know. It'd be a good idea so long as BurnOneDown isn't opposed.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
thank you so much to the beautiful and talented aurei for making this signature for me!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ibecameinsane
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby j.chevalier on Wed May 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Lol, it does sort of sound like mutiny to start without the GM here and I wouldn't want to offend anyone. The dorm thing was just an idea to try to get juices flowing and without letting this RP die out before it began! I think it'd be interesting if the living conditions were randomized to get a mix of monsters/magic users/humans? In this theoretical world, I'm going to assume it's the school that actually assigns people to dorms rather than clumping all the magic users in one and humans in one as they aren't segregated by ability.

j.chevalier
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coricidinForte on Fri May 23, 2014 12:59 am

^I second this idea, don't have much else to say on it other than it'd help mix things up and get the characters introduced.

I did message Burn about this, if they can't stick to the roleplay and are fine with us remaking the story than we'll collect those still interested and remake it, get it started. If it comes to that I don't mind taking over, all I'd ask is to work with the story a bit, but for now we will wait and see.
날 밀어내도 난 다시 네게로 다가가서

coricidinForte
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby j.chevalier on Thu May 29, 2014 3:59 am

So like, coming this Saturday is about three weeks since the Burn made a post? I really hope this RP hasn't been abandoned :( I was so looking forward to this RP too. I feel like it has a lot of potential! I'm behind you if you want to remake this story.

j.chevalier
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slimmyjimjim on Thu May 29, 2014 5:26 am

Yes please, I too was very much looking forward to the roleplay can we please remake the story.

slimmyjimjim
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coricidinForte on Thu May 29, 2014 2:34 pm

I am assuming it has been abandoned, for one reason or another. Burn's last visit to the site was the 28th and I sent my message on the 23rd, without response one can only assume a disinterest or inability to continue the commitment. My intention isn't to be an usurper or imprudent, but as stated it has been nearly three weeks since we've heard from the GM, and because there is still interest in the story I don't see it dreadful to attempt to carry on. I did wish to obtain permission, but since Burn has yet to open my message there's little that can be done about it aside from altering the story so it deviates from the original form to ascertain it's not misappropriated.

As a result several aspects of the story will be changed to suit this, from the location (I was thinking somewhere more remote such as New Zealand, Scotland or Iceland), the origins of monsters and magic and the reasoning for their disappearance along with the catalyst of the monster's reemergence, the university and city itself and established covens and anti-mystic brotherhood. The magic users aware of the monsters will be assigned caretakers and observers by superiors while humans will be recruited (and manipulated) to be apart of the anti-mystic brotherhood which should strain and distort each character's perspective as time goes on, considering all groups would be manipulated one way or another, thus needing to either accept the ulterior motives or find something in themselves, and the others. So as you can expect, there will be an establishment of NPCs. There is much to be defined, but this is the basic idea of a recalibration.

I currently have a couple other responsibilities to attend to, along with a nasty cold (even writing this is taxing), and out of respect I'll let this sit for a few days to see if Burn will respond in any way shape or form, since I'd be most comfortable with receiving any word from them before continuing. Regardless, to those still interested, I'll work on it and have the reboot up in a few days to a week if it all checks out.

Change of plans, I am too busy to commit to another project. Ah, oh well.

coricidinForte
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!