Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mecha Anime roleplay?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Mecha Anime roleplay?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Okay this is my second attempt at a roleplay here,the first attempt thankfully buried in the analogs of time.I'm still pursuing an anime bent to a roleplay so after a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann binge I've decided to try a mecha rp.I haven't seen that many giant robot roleplays here so I don't think I'll be jostling anyone else for players.

S.T.9340.
Mankind has made amazing advances in technology,they've attached A.I to their missiles,to their buses,and to their toilets.Medical technology has all but wiped out disease and to combat the overpopulation that would happen once seniors stopped having heart attacks they've implanted males with a computer chip and a remote control to let them choose if they're going to be fertile or not.It is truly a paradise,they've set of the first colonization of mars after genetically engineering trees to be able to handle its atmosphere and using them to pump it full of oxygen,then they built twenty three electric impulses(large rods in floating around mars) to strengthen its magnetosphere.The colony ship will take roughly 4 months to reach mars and in the intervening time the ships computer,HOL10000,will guide it.You are at month three to mars when the space in front of you rips and Mecha float out,they have no pilots and they are floating ever closer to your ship.One by one they all pass next to the air lock and you are compelled by a higher force (me) to jump out,the mecha comes to life and saves you.Then we'll see what happens.

So,what do you think.This is my first hopefully decent roleplay.If you have comments,questions or suggestions please post them down here as well as if you're interested.
Last edited by Rincewind on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in the world; of these heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Mecha Anime roleplay?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myviewing on Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:35 pm

I'd be interested in seeing where this would go. I'm just a bit curious, I probably missed a detail while reading the story so apologies ahead of time, how does the journey from Mars to Earth take five years? I hope to just get a little clarification. Otherwise, I hope this manages to take off, I've been in the mood for one as of late.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Myviewing
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:30 pm

I'm putting this at the age where humanity has made leaps in genetics and medicine and other squishy organic science,but they've only made crawls when it come to aeronautics.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:27 pm

sounds pretty cool, though i have to point out, even with current technology a trip to mars is only estimated to take 9 months.
Orly?

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:57 pm

That's not what Wikipedia told me.Also,two more people and we'll be able to make an OOC.Please tell your friends.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:14 pm

Not trying to argue or anything but http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/missions/past/phoenix.html notice the Launch and arrival dates.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:49 pm

well S.O.B,I guess I've got some editing to do.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:54 pm

Lol, I looked at Wikipedia and I think what you saw was the window of when it is expected for people to finally land on mars, which was like 2030-2035.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:58 pm

Yeah I think that's it.Wikipedia didn't lie to me I'm just an idiot.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaos_Rose on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:17 pm

Omg... I wanna join so bad but I've already got like over 9000 roleplays that I'm in already... Oh heck I'll join X3 Gimme a day to put up a character profile.

Chaos_Rose
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:25 pm

Just one more person.

By the way here's the skeleton

Name:
Appearance:(Pictures or descriptions)
Mecha Appearance:(same here)
Mecha Weapons:(Nothing too outrageously powerful like a planet destroying nuke)
Mecha Special abilities:(Keep these mechanical and not magical)
What was your life like before the Colony ship:(Bio)

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:22 am

I must join this. One question. Can we have mecha that are styled after animals?
ImageImage

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:01 pm

Any mecha will do,as long as it's mechanical.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure Limit on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Ooohhhh....Mecha....do you have room for one more?
"To protect the world from Japanamation, To overthrough the Kaiba corporation,
To denounce the meaning of the original dub, to extend our reach to the world above,
Team Fourkids blast of at the speed of light, surrender now or prepare to fight,
Meowth that's right..."

-Team Fourkids Motto

Azure Limit
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Then Azure makes five players and I will start on the IC once everyone's finished their skeleton.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure Limit on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:45 pm

Sweet...I've been waiting for a Mecha RP...

Name:Isaac Rosenvein

Appearence:Image

Mecha Appearence:Image

Weapons: Diamond edged longsword, five I.F.F Laser Pods, Electron Particle Beam

Speacial Abilities: Afterimage projection, short ranged subspace warping, EMP anti-projectile field.

Character Bio: Before emarking on the colony ship, Isaac lived an ordinary life, going to school, working part time, ect. He always looked to the sky for something more. after his parents died, he felt no attachment to Earth, and when he learned about the colony ship, he thought that this would be his best opportunity to leave the planet he had begun to hate.

Azure Limit
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Name: Axel Ulruk
Appearance: Image
Mecha Appearance: Image
Mecha Weapons: Long range Gauss Sniper rifle, missile launchers built into the back of the mech
Mecha Special abilities: has a built in cloaking device though its useless in UV light
What was your life like before the Colony ship: Axel grew up in a family of machinists. He learned from his father and grand father how to repair various types of machinery and vehicles at an early age. Axel spent most of his life fixing and building various machines and completed his apprenticeship at the age of 18. Upon hearing of the expedition of Mars, Axel joined in hopes of finding profitable work.

I'll fill the rest of this out later.
Last edited by Anderan on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaos_Rose on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Name: Cleo Winters
Appearance: http://www.electro-rough.net/index.php?e=177 (Tell me if this is a character from an actual anime; if it is, then I'll choose another picture.)
Mecha Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/mech ... a.png?o=49 (Rightmost)
Mecha Weapons: The spear it carries, which also turns into a whip with a point.
Mecha Special abilities: It has incredible speed, coming from both its legs and rockets at its heels. Its wings allow it to fly, as it has rockets hidden inside them as well. The top edges of the wings are also razor-sharp and when one wing is reversed it can turn into a buzz-saw which can then be either kept on or launched at an enemy. It can put up a force field for a short amount of time that is something like a hamster ball. As a last resort, its spear will gain wings and two snakes will wrap around it in a double helix, and this weapon can be either used as a laser cannon or laser whip. (My subtlety is astounding /sarcasm)
What was your life like before the Colony ship: Cleo has always thought her own way, but the criticism she got from her peers made her quite un-talkative. Still, she's not afraid to think outside the box and even makes much of her own clothing. She decided to go to Mars to start her own life, and she takes with her great knowledge of tailoring and tools of the trade, including several bolts of cloth, an abundance of thread, and needles you didn't even know existed. She also has a small hand-held sewing machine, but she prefers to sew by hand, saying that there's just something about human work that makes it just that much better. She loves art, but finds outer space to be the most beautiful thing of all.
Last edited by Chaos_Rose on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chaos_Rose
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myviewing on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:26 pm

Sweet!

Name: Katashi Takehiko
Appearance: Image
Mecha Appearance:Image
Mecha Weapons: Bazooka, headguns, energy sword
Mecha Special abilities: Powerful shields capable of protecting the mech from almost any blast, though some could overpower them.
What was your life like before the Colony ship: Katashi never liked being around other people, but his life hit a very tragic turning point at fourteen. Due to constant bullying and harrasment, he blurted out in class one time that he was planning on suicide because of it. This resulted in him being taken home to meet a very displeased father and a disheartened mother. Because of his actions, he ran away from home hoping to one day find a way onto Mars, where he wouldn't have to deal with people. He took some odd jobs wherever he could find them to save up enough money for a trip to Mars. After three years, it finally became possible and he joined in a journey to find a new life but on a totally different planet. He believes he is doing this for the benefit of his parents so they won't have to worry about him, and to this day he is very reclusive and only likes to give straight answers.

Myviewing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:47 pm

and everyone is accepted,as soon as Anderan makes an account we'll begin.

Also,I won't have a part in this Rp.I'll be the brain center of mission control.Sending you on missions,controlling the base,activating the ages long conspiracy.Yeah just normal every day things.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!