Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mechs? Of varying variety? Pirates, of Piratey Pirating?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Mechs? Of varying variety? Pirates, of Piratey Pirating?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PulseTrick on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Hell0,

Bef0re I make a f0rmal intr0ducti0n, I w0uld like t0 ask y0u a few things.

Did you hate the Zero's instead of O's?

Do you like Robots, more specifically Mechs? The (arguably)defined War machines of a Good anime?

Do you like really big weapons? ones that could be dodged through fair means?

Do you like going really fast in big metal objects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beZWajRbUM4

Would you be comfortable with being a Pirate in said Steel-clad Army-Razer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUlMrZ04UjA

Well, you might want to climb into a Gundam, Armored Core, or E.V.A, and join the crew of the great Pirate lord, Rénard Azarov. He's looking for a motley crew of no-good, cutthroat, rip-roaring, good, Space-Fashioned Pirates, to help him raid the wide open spaces that many call, well, space.

There are rumors of a ship, a ship that harbors sailors of no soul. Nobody has survived a conflict with them, only rescue ships have gotten to the tragic site in time to see the Galleon known as,

The Gavotte

You have heard of this tale, and want nothing more to be a pirate in this golden age of inter-stellar trade. After seeing a poster in the local bar, you decide to embark on your quest by joining the pirate crew of one Rénard Azarov! You've never heard of him, so can't be as famed as the crew of the Gavotte. He still as a ship and need for a crew. It seemed like a nice interview, and the next morning, you wake up in a clean pale room, not remembering the last night. You check your wallet, and are relieved to find your Mech Licence. A computer screen is displaying your mech as well, so you believe yourself ready, and walk out the door.

So where is the story beginning
Everybody is going to start by exiting there rooms.

Whats up with the mechs?
You're going to use them to tear Spaceships apart and rip the goods right out of them

I've never seen any of these before, can I still join
Although I would recommend not to, I would encourage for you to read up on the mech you're going to be using.

X is better than Y so Z must suck
I'm making it balanced, trust me.

Did you get inspiration form X?
No, I thought that mechs are awesome, and then I watched Pirates of the Carribean and thought, "Hey wouldn't it be cool if,"
Any similarities between this are coincidential

Any limits?
I'm going to say a 300 word minimum. there is no way you can explain that you walked out of a room, then decide to meet up with some people in 5000 words without delving into backstory.

I will be having timeskips, and every thing happening from timeskip to timeskip will be registered into the nifty Quests section.

You can have only one mech. I think that everybody is reasonable enough to do that.

Stay light on your feet, or your mechs feet, and no planet dropping.

WHAAAT, no Y mechs?
Probably because I've never heard of them. If you're talking about Guuren Laggan, then I would like to remind you about the planet tossing.

When does this get started?
I want four different people to put on this thread that they'd like to be in this RP

Alright, who are you, you said you've give an introduction.
I'm PulseTrick, I joined last December, and have been in a couple of Roleplays that have fallen flat. Of course, I watched as other people set up roleplays that would gather plenty of people, and with amazing ideas from the masses, it would all get organized and would come together beautifully.. You may not think me much, as I am a first time GM, but I really want to do this (though that may not be enough for some people). I look forward to the future, whether it be in success or failure
Last edited by PulseTrick on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Once more, with rhythm!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PulseTrick
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Mechs? Of varying variety? Pirates, of Piratey Pirating?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PulseTrick on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:25 pm

no reply?
No problem!
BUMP

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PulseTrick
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

well we need more info, such as is this a full play game (are you goign to GM the whole thing and the players are more along for the ride or are the players going ot have to take a more active role in making the story run? what is the world like (when, where, who?) and what's the primary goal? Live long and prosper RPS sound good but they always flounder.

I need more info on the whole universe before i'm willign to commit and i'm betting others feel the same.

Elrith Eldwind
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: Mechs? Of varying variety? Pirates, of Piratey Pirating?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PulseTrick on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:48 pm

Edited to include some other nice things.

PulseTrick
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!