Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Medieval/Light Fantasy RP remake

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Medieval/Light Fantasy RP remake

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:42 pm

A-okay.

So, it's that time of year again when I have finally put a boot up my ass and decided to recreate an old roleplay that was successful in the past, but eventually died due to the players getting busy in real-life. Now, after remaking it several different ways, changing the plot a little, changing it back again, and changing it some more, I've decided to try and remake the world that I have in my head and give people a fucking awesome story to be a part of.

How does that sound?

Well, if you're still reading, obviously it sounds good, or even great. Now. Like the title suggests, this is a medieval/light fantasy RP. I imagine it to be along the same genre as the Game of Thrones books (which I am currently reading the first and enjoying immensely. Dunno why I didn't find these books sooner!). Anyhow, I've been creating and developing this world for a few years now, and sometime this week, I hope to draw a detailed map for it too, and outline all the lores, politics, storylines, etc etc.

Here Is the link to the old OOC thread which was to the first time I RP'd it when it was successful.

The basic story is that there are two main lands; Illena of the North and Ayia of the South. Illena has a great king in control of his country. He looks after his people, is well loved, but there is a sad story behind him. Sixteen years ago, he had the most beautiful queen. Her skin as as pale as a peach, freckles dotting her face, and eyes as green as emeralds. That year she finally birthed a beautiful daughter called Tianna. She was their world, until that tragic night, 53 days until Summer.

It was a night where the heaviest of rains fell. The princess would not sleep and the king was with his counsel. The queen, alone in the baby's nursery, safe sat nursing her baby when the door opened and instead of her husband like she expected, in came an intruder all in black. She tried desperately to scream for help and save her child, but the intruder was no match. Before she knew it, her child was in the man's arms and a knife was embedded in her stomach. Then he was gone.

By the time the guards and king arrived, the baby was nowhere in sight. Three days later, his queen passed away from an infection and heartbreak. From the night his daughter was taken, he had his best knights out there searching for her. As the years passed by, she was still not found, dead nor alive. No word had been heard about her and no one had seen her. The search was scaled back, but still, sixteen years on, he hasn't lost hope that his daughter is alive, though most people suspect that she was killed the night she was taken.

Now, every year, as it gets to the time of 53 days until summer, the king sends out four of his best nights to hunt again for his long lost daughter.

And then there is Ayia; a kingdom that is led by a tyrant of a king that makes his people suffer because of his greed. He triples their taxes, starves their families, takes their values and has them living in fear of him. Criminals are prosecuted by watching their loved ones dies - innocent people killed because of a crime someone in their family committed. Men, women, even children. It doesn't matter. He is a greedy king.

19 years ago, he had a queen. She was just as beautiful as Illena's queen and they had a beautful son but she was in a kingdom where holding her tongue was best for her. She did not have input into how he ran his kingdom and she was disgusted. But she knew that for her own safety, she had to hold her tongue. It was him that drove her into having an affair. She got pregnant and led the king to believe it was his. With the man she had an affair with, she planned to leave the king and take their son to safety. She even had a child out of the kingdom, two years later and had trusted maids let the king know that the baby was stillborn. The baby was with it's father.

Someone betrayed the queen and let the king in on her illicit affair and later it was said that she had died in childbirth but the baby had survived. The maids involved had also been killed for treason, though this treason they committed wasn't released to anyone. And not long later, the king was bringing up his daughter and his son...

So, that's the basis of the story.

I want 4 knights of Illena that are looking for the princess. I have the prince sorted, but there are other people, like the daughter that the Ayian queen had that she sent to her father before the king found her alive and not to be his. Maybe a maid of the Illenian princess who is now living as the Ayian princess unknown to her of her true heritage. And even the best friend of the Ayian prince. And much more are welcome. Multiple characters and even NPC's too. I plan to get this up and going towards the end of this week.

Thoughts and ideas are welcome. I'm hoping that we can get this RP to a civil war point between Illena and Ayia. Or something of the sort. Please please please, show interest :D

All out now as bedtime.

Night guys.

Crimster.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Medieval/Light Fantasy RP remake

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:47 pm

<--- We both know where I am.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Woohoo. Saken <3

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugmentationAudit on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:20 pm

Count me and my guy in as advisor to the prince. =D
Custom character art on my profiles is work by the wonderful Hax. She does commissions and is happy to discuss drawing RP characters. Take a look and drop her a line.

AugmentationAudit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:29 pm

After some talk with AA, I'll most likely have this RP adapted to have magic and dragons in as well, Though I'll get planning everything in certain on Thursday and Friday now as I have then off :D

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:52 pm

You had me sold at ASOIAF!
Is a woman of high class, allowed as one of the King's council in Illena?
Can you tell me if these characters would somehow be allowed to be played in this RP of yours:
1. A lady who's family has been in the service of the King of Illena and Kings before him, she would probably seduce the King so she can be the next queen. (A bit Cersei-ish)

2. A woman who fled the Ayia, she succeeded in surviving the forests and mountains to find refuge in Illena. (A bit of

3. A lad who was the son of the Illenian King's head sword's smith who had great aspirations in life. He grew up idolizing the King and being the great one that he is, the King had somehow treated the lad as the son he never had (like a "substitute" for his missing daughter). This relationship has raised eyebrows on some people.

4. OR daughter of the King's (Illena) hand?

I'll PM you just to be sure :)

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:16 am

Woohoo! Slowly gaining interest! And yes, to all of them. All four of them would be allowed as characters. I should write a list of the types of characters I'm allowing. That'll now be put on my list of things to do when creating this RP xD

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Awww yizz!

Can you please please please PM me as soon as you make this RP? I would probably forget to check this forum or thread and forget about joining and that might just kill me.

Please! Thanks :)

Oh and I'd probably play the King's cousin (still have to decide if he's evil or not- but he'll probably be evil-ish. I am hoping someone would play the King's new love interest and the cousin might just steal her at nights- if you know what I mean) and the female stow away from Ayia.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elusive Waffle on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:59 pm

This is outrageously interesting! It had me hooked. I don't mind creating an original character up one bit, but if you NEED a certain character just let me know and I would love to play it ^.^

Elusive Waffle
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:24 am

I'll have a look once it's OOC and see what we have and don't have, Waffle. At the moment it's too early to tell. A knight would be nice. I'd like at least one in the RP searching for the princess. Anyway, I'll be getting this RP up and going as an OOC topic next week, most likely Monday. It's half term then and I happen to have the week off as the kid I look after is going to her father's for about 9 days.

Sorry it's taken so long, busy last couple of weeks. But I promise it will be up next week and as soon as it is, I'll link here and send a PM :)

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:23 pm

I could be convinced to create a knight searching for the missing princess. Just saying.
Nothing to see here

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:48 pm

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/a-life-unknown/

There we go guys. OOC is finally up. I thought I had last week off work for the most part I was busy with work or with my boyfriend. Sorry for the wait, working on the map as well. Thanks for the patience :D

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!