Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

I might be blind...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

I might be blind...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:16 am

Hey Everyone,

Now, I'm not new to RPing by an standards, but this website however I am. I've lurked it here and there, and I decided to join because who wouldn't. BUT, I think I might be incompetent.. because quite frankly, I swear to god I can't pm people and this is detrimental to me... Largely because I have a few people contacting me and I can't reply... I would be eternally grateful if one of you sweet-as-apple-pie-awesome-interweb-lovers could enlighten me and cure my stupidity... I get pretty much everything else on this website except how to pm.. I know.. I need to go back to school... but I don't have that time or that kind of patience... can you PLEASE HELP ME!?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

macheteshark
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: I might be blind...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:58 am

Hello there, welcome to RolePlayGateway!

It's nice to see some seasoned RP'ers joining. However, it'd be best if you checked out our rules just in case you don't pull the wrong hairs.

The reason you cannot sent PMs is most likely due to the fact that you have not acquired 10 posts yet on this forum. This is to avoid spambots from filling accounts to advertise their products easily. Once you get your 10 posts, you should be able to start responding to those PMs. Of course, make sure they're forum posts, not on the Roleplay System. I think that you'll get ten posts on each very quickly though, it's got a place for everybody to fit in.

Also, you aren't stupid- tons of people ask this question all the time, so much that it's even gotten it's own little sticky

Enjoy your stay, don't be afraid to ask other people with any questions. We're a friendly bunch.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!