Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Milquetoast Need Not Apply

a part of “Milquetoast Need Not Apply”, a fictional universe by MayContainPlagiarism.

Two nations, divided by two decades of acrimony, are forced to cooperate in the face of an ancient, vile threat. Heroes are needed. Cowards need not apply.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Milquetoast Need Not Apply”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:23 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Milquetoast Need Not Apply"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Milquetoast Need Not Apply

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:09 pm

I am a little lost as to where everything is. Anyway you can draw up a map? I can help if needed just need a rough draft even if its squares to represent specific locations and lines to show all the roads.

I see that it is a work in progress tho, so once the character bit gets added I can start working on one for this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Delve
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:14 pm

Thank you for your attention, Delve. It's comforting to know my 20 minute manic cramming caught the eye of a 9 year member. Was it the use of milquetoast?

Anyway:

Daksunder is in the north-east. Cyrolixia is in the west, between Daksunder and the ocean. Freland is south/east of Cyrolixia, in a foresty area, south of Daksunder.
I tried to give rough geographic descriptions. Locations aren't super important, as the RP will begin with the characters setting off for Daksunder. All they need to know is it is on the horizon, very big, and they don't know what to expect on the way.

Unfortunately I've been busy this afternoon. I will be adding to the RP, and I will be revising tonight (hopefully), but I don't think a map will be drawn (except maybe in MS Paint).

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:01 pm

It was actually the short and sweet description...not so much the title it doesn't mean anything unless you apply it ic.

Eh, that is just a number it does not mean anything to me quite frankly. While you're still working on this I can help you draft a map to get this going sooner rather than later once the Holidays are approaching the year is already over. I will be keeping an eye out for any changes.

Delve
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:08 pm

I added some race/religion information today. I appreciate the offer. By this weekend I'll have all of the important information up on the introduction, I think, for character creation and plot direction. Unfortunately I was busier than expected last night and tonight and I've only had an hour and a half total to spend writing. Tomorrow I'll discuss the kind of equipment/help characters can expect based on their backgrounds, then I'll work on submitting my characters.
If you want to spread the word, Milquetoast is definitely open to a wide list of protagonists. Otherwise you're welcome to submit more than one character. A lot of people see fantasy and want to submit their quarky half dragons, reformed drow, half elf/orc/dwarf/gnome/demon/angel/kitsune/catfolk/gnoll or whatever, and while that's great and I like to see a diverse cast list, I really don't want to deal with another RP where I'm the only person writing about normal characters. I don't want to stifle creativity but I also don't want 10 ninja furries and 1 human.
I also encourage inter-party conflict and cooperation. Make characters with different religions, that come from different backgrounds, are different races. That just absolutely downright hate each other's guts. Hate other characters. Love other characters. Whatever. Definitely think about how your character fits into the entire narrative. The Cyrolix-vs-Freland, Human-vs-Nonhuman, religion-vs-religion arguments are going to do so much better to break up fighting sequences than scenes of everyone sitting around the campfire roasting marshmellows.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:18 pm

Sure, if needed I can make as many characters as possible its nothing new to me. I pretty much already do that being in so many storylines already across different forums while I wait for someone to post I write up another post somewhere else.

Now that i think about it, everyone should create more than one character and have a 'party' to react with others. Would be cool.

Delve
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:09 pm

I am planning to start the RP this weekend if everyone has their characters submitted. At the moment it looks like we have Delve, XViolet7, the half-dragon, and both of my characters. There's still plenty of time, and I'm willing to delay as long as necessary, if any of you are interested in inviting additional writers.

I will apologize now for the quality (or lackthereof) of Elysabeth and, tomorrow, for Simon. I had an absolutely soul-crushing experience today, getting two characters I worked on for 3 hours each rejected for an arbitrary GM decision in an unrelated roleplay and I'm a tad too upset to repeat that process for characters that I'm going to approve anyway. For now they're going to lack physical descriptions, detailed backgrounds, personalities, belongings, and basically everything else. I'll be back to my chipper self soon, most likely, but at the moment I just wanted to submit something so none of you think I suddenly ghosted.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:25 pm

Well, I hope you received a good critique too on top of that rejection--what a low blow to the esteem!

I will have my characters up tomorrow.

Delve
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Well, I tried to put a map on Photobucket, but it doesn't seem to be working very well

Updated information for the "savage" races, in case anyone is interesting in playing one.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:19 am

Forgot to post this...here? For approval or to fix.

Name: Rick
Race: Orc
Appearance: Red eyes, smooth green skin, an under bite with large visors, his protruding chin has a long thick beard. A black tattoo goes over his high cheek bones and the bridge of his angular nose. Wears a brown linen robe with a rope to hold it closed.
Origin: Deadwhite
Profession: Alchemist
Belongings: Smoke sand and an assortment of mushrooms
Beliefs: None. Vagabond would live in squalor if he could.
History: Heinrich is the youngest of 15 brothers and sisters his parents were both proud warriors in their Tribe and constantly destroyed and pillaged farm villages from Daksunder to Deadwhite. At the age of 15 Heinrich became bored with how repeatedly his family lived their lifestyles. One day Heinrich left his family and traveled with other Orc Tribes across Deadwhite and discovered how to read from the oldest orcs who for a time took many years to learn the alphabet. Henrich's thirst for knowledge rather than blood allowed him to learn alchemy through reading books in which he applied to wounds for medicinal purposes at first and later discovered that he had developed an edible mixture that would render him in a calm state and away from reality. In this calm state Heinrich called himself Rick in the presence of others and anyone who dared to try his mixture have died. Rick's addiction has lead him to wander the forests to collect more ingredients for his mixture which not only calms his state of mind it allows him to improve his physique as well if he was motivated enough. Rick enjoys small confined spaces despite being a rather large orc in his prime.
--
Name: Basil
Race: Gnome
Appearance: Wears fine black tunic with silver colored pants and gold trims at the cuffs and seamlines of his clothes. A white beard is kept neatly around his jawline and a gold hat is worn at all times with a long eagle feather. Carries a wooden lute on its back.
Origin: Freland
Profession: Bard
Belongings: Lute and a magic wand.
Beliefs: Born in raised in Freland he does not believe in anything other than being free to do whatever he please. His single belief is in fact music and he becomes inspired by his traveling companions.
--
Name: Erlyn
Race: Human
Appearance: Freckle faced, green eyed, and raven black hair. Erlyn looks like an ordinary girl and seems a bit plain. In her travels she is rarely noticed while being among an orc and a gnome who seem more distinguishable while she keeps her nose in her journal.
Origin: Cyrolixia

Profession: Journalist
Belongings: A chest full of a blank journals, a carriage with two horses that were stolen from her father’s farm. A hawk that she has trained as a child and uses its downed feathers to make quills out of.
Beliefs: Farlaghn. Erlyn inspires to discover all of Aerth by document the land, terrain, weather, local plants, animals, and is eager to discover new things with the help of her companions to guid and protect her along with the God she worships to have lead her towards this journey.

History: During a rainstorm Erlyn was lost in the woods and was surrounded by wolves who threatened her horses. An orc emerged from the trees and ripped the wolves with his bare hands and natural prowess. Most girls from Cyrolixia would have screamed at the unknown but Erlyn sketched her first encounter with an orc and his natural savage abilities. Erlyn offered shelter for the orc who claimed his name was Rick in her carriage with a Gnome already sleeping inside unaware to the teenager’s knowledge. After discussing what their plans were for the next day they agreed to travel together. Rick was a vagabond who wandered aimlessly in search of food and shelter without any motivation to do anything else, Basil was constantly looking for ideas for a song that would remembered for ages, and Elryn observed and documented her companions and at the same time made small discoveries of new plant life and creatures in the woods of Aerth.
Last edited by Delve on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delve
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:19 am

So is the orc and the human girl doin' it? *shrug*

Anyway PM is usually a more appropriate avenue. Since you posted your ideas in OOC, I can't go line-by-line carefully explaining why you're an idiot and your ideas are terrible, viciously tearing you down to make myself feel better.
Not that I would do that through the privacy of PMs, of course. :)

I don't see much issue, except the orc's "gunpowder" would definitely not be called gunpowder. Smokesand, boomdirt, something like that. I think your gnome's wardrobe flair fits very well in with what D&D taught me gnomes act like, and the team could always use a cartographer.

As an alchemist from the Deadwhite, was Rick (I'll assume that name was given to him by someone else) the tribe's shaman or something? That's certainly not a profession or skillset he would have picked up since leaving. Also, as a 30 year old, he's definitely approaching the second half of his life (orcs tend to die off 40-50). Age ranges and dress styles is probably something I should have included in the RP introduction, but you know how it is.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:46 pm

Get your mind out of the gutter! Maybe he is a eunic?! Is this rpg going to have adult themes not suitable for children?

I can explain how he got the name ic unless its completely necessary to explain it all in a character sheet plus his profession as a vagabond....is what you mean. The alchemist stuff is metagaming ya know! Being older would allow the alchemy trait but would that deter his orc strength? If that is the case, i can drop a few years so it makes sense. I will change the gunpowder stuff.

Delve
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:35 pm

You do need to have some kind of explanation as to how a vagabond learned alchemy. It's quite a bit more complicated than learning the alphabet.

Unless it's the sylvan alphabet, because that... well, that's a story for another time.

The RP is going to have mature themes and situations, like horrifically wounded protagonists begging for a mercy killing, but if you read the rules I quite specifically laid out my policy for getting laid: take it to PM

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:37 pm

Fine and no i am keeping it pg13. I will resubmit the orc soon.

Delve
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:26 am

I planned to explain it all ic originally so I went ahead and added 'history' just for my orc to justify it. Once approved I will submit it through the rpg thing.

Delve
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:57 am

What "RPG" thing? The only place you have to submit anything is the add a character tab.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:19 pm

That's what I meant. Its officially called the 'rpg system' but that is so lame every time I type it.

Delve
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:52 pm

For reasons that have not been made clear to me, XViolet blocked me and I am guessing will not be joining the RP. And so, it's the three of us. I was hoping to get started soon, but Delve I am still waiting on your submissions. You and the half-dragon are both free to invite people, or take as long as you (reasonably) need to add or edit characters. I'm not in a rush to get things started, but I definitely don't want either of you to lose interest because of silly road blocks like irrational behavior. :)

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:44 pm

I must warn you, I have behavioral issues.

I haven't submitted coz doing this on the phone is not very fun, stand by!

Delve
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weilacca on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:54 am

Right, I made the character. I hope you like it. @Plagiarism.

Weilacca
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!