Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Moon Stop

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Moon Stop

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zael Arkan on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:29 am

They were about to head into the school, when Luce saw Amaia awkwardly running towards them. Luce stared at her until she reached them, and then promptly looked away. He didn' know why either. 'Something is very wrong with me.' He thought, but he anwsered her while still looking away, "That would be most kind... Tsumetai-san. When I think about it... I do not know... where my first class is."

Luce then turned to whisper to Cassandra, "Miss Ophell... do not forget... about the favor I asked of you and Mr James. If you can... tell Tsumetai-san and Mr Xeldarox as well... to meet at the cliffs at 5 pm."
"Death is sometimes thought to be a comprimise... but it is always made without choice."

Theme song for my first RP character, Luce Savone... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ben7h5c1yqk

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zael Arkan
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiko on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:12 am

Darkie blushed lightly at Luce's politeness. She wasn't used to it, though it was nice. "You don't need to call me by my family name, Luce. Just call me Darkie," she said with a smile. 'I don't even know if Tsumetai is a name to be proud or ashamed of,' she thought to herself, remembering again, as she often did, of her lack of a biological family. Not that there was anything wrong with the Sasaki family that raised her, it's just that she felt like something was missing.

Darkie tilted her head as Luce spoke to Cassandra. She was a bit confused at hearing her name, though she figured she'd find out in due time what was so important. She then lead the group into the main entrance of the school, then stopped at the third door down. "Here is where you Elemental Theory class is," she said informatively. "I hope you guys enjoy it more than I did last year," she added with a laugh, not realizing that the teacher was standing right behind her. She then turned to go to her class, which was across the hall, and jumped in shock and slight embarrassment when she realized who was behind her. "Hiiii, Senseiiii..." she greeted the angry teacher. "I'll just be going to class now..." she excused herself, running into her Fundamentals in Light class. 'Chikusho!' Darkie yelled mentally. 'Just my luck...' she said as she sat down at the desk furthest from the door, waiting for her class to begin.

((OOC Note: Chikusho means, "Damn it!" in Japanese.))
~<3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shiko
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zael Arkan on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:37 pm

After following Amaia to their classroom, and the awkward moment with her teacher as well, Luce entered the classroom. When he opened the door, he didn't expect the room to be so... big! 'I wonder if it was modified... for certain students.' Luce thought while he glanced at Xeldarox. "Sorry for our tardiness, teacher, we got lost," Luce said as he bowed to his instructor, "It won't happen again." The teacher looked at the three of them with a gentle smile as she said, "Oh, it's alright. New students tend to get lost on the first day. But you'll get used to the place after a few days, so I'll let it pass this time. I am Mrs. Tannson, and I will be your Elemental Theory teacher for this semester." She finished with a bow and told them to take an empty seat. Luce went straight to the back to take the seat next the window, which was yet to be taken. He immediately started to stare out the window with his head resting on his palm. Luce didn't bother to see where Cassandra and Xeldarox sat down.

The rest of the class was very noticable of Xeldarox for his size, but at least none of them were staring at him like in his old school. "Well, since today is only the first day, I thought that we could all introduce ourselves today. Nothing major, just telling your names is fine. But do feel free to say what makes you confortable to share with your classmates," Mrs. Tannson announced, "How about we start from my left going to the right..." Luce didn't pay attention after that. He was already within a solitary reverie, thoughts speeding through his mind like bullets. At some point, he thought he heard Cassandra introducing herself, but it sounded very distant and quiet.

Luce then broke out of his daydream just as the person to his right, some teal-haired girl, stood up to say her name. When he looked, she seemed a little familiar to him, but he could have sworn he never met her before, "My name is Teala Paline. My dream is to become a famous herbalist someday, so that I can cure and treat illnesses of all kinds." The girl called Teala then sat down and glanced at Luce, noticing that he was looking at her. She then quickly swung her head back to look at the top of her desk, looking flustered. Luce continued to stare at her for a second or two before he realized he had to speak next. Luce then stood up and spoke in his usual drone, "My name is... Luce Savone. I just want to learn... more about essence magic." He then sat down quietly, and went back to his daydream. 'I wonder... what Mr. Xeldarox will say. What would a dragon say... when a class does this kind of thing?' he thought.

(OOC) *There's a "flag" here in my post guys. Try to spot it. If you don't know what I mean by this, ask Shiko. I bet she knows what I mean.
Last edited by Zael Arkan on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zael Arkan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:03 pm

Cassandra had listened to Luce's request and found herself frowning for the first time since arriving at the school that morning. If he wanted to get these people together, surely he could ask them himself? If they asked her why they were meeting at the cliffs at five in the evening, she was going to have embarrass herself and reply, 'Because Luce asked me to," which didn't make her look very good. But she didn't know what else to do - after all, he had asked as a friend, so she would do this, but she'd have to explain to him later that if he wanted something done, she had absolutely no objections to helping him, but doing things for him was a bit much, considering they'd only just met.

As she followed Amaia gratefully to her first class, having being so caught up in events that she didn't have time yet to gain her bearings, so Amaia was doing her a huge favour and Cassandra reminded herself to pay her back sometimes, maybe buy her lunch or something. But before she could thank the kimono clad girl properly, she had ran off to her own class after suitably embarrassing herself in front of who Cassandra assumed was their Elemental Theory teacher, and then stepped into the classroom with the teacher, apologising with Luce and the teacher let their tardiness pass, introducing herself as Mrs Tannson.

Cassandra seated herself in the second row from the front as liked to be able hear the teacher properly, but learnt quickly in middle school that it earned you the role of bully victim number one, so she always sat in the second row, which had left her relatively safe in terms of that, whilst also silently conveying to most teachers that she was eager to learn, but would not take over the class. After listening to the teacher's suggestion that everyone introduce themselves, she listened to the other students, most of them just gave their names and a few gave their elements, getting their cue from other students. As she realised it was her turn, she stood slowly and took a little breath.

"My name is Cassandra Ophell and I'm here to learn more about my talents," she said politely, smiling before sitting down again and resumed listening to the other students, enjoying learning about her new classmates. She took particular interest when it came to a girl called Teala Paline, who Luce seemed to focus his natural stare on for longer than normal and Cassandra briefly wondered if he knew her from before high school. She smiled at the girl as she sat down, becoming flustered when she noticed Luce's gaze on her, silently agreeing that his eyes could be a little intense and got an embarrassed smile back in return before Luce introduced himself and her eyes then fell on Xeldarox, who was next up to speak, her eyes wandering out of the window for a moment and was surprised to find her brother standing about ten feet away, smiling at her cordially and waving before walking off. But his eyes never smiled and she felt a shiver go down her spine, the way it always did.
Her brothers had always been a problem when it came to her making friends or enemies. Most people saw it as a brotherly sign of affection, but it was protecting the family name and assets. They all must think her blind if they thought she didn't know the real reason she was here, she was the black sheep, the undeveloped youngest child. They all hoped she would develop into a true Whiteman if she was here, training her Fire element everyday.

OOC: I think I saw the flag and so did Cassandra!
Gasmask: Alright. Either your CD is corrupted, which'd explain the crashing and odd stuffs.
Imehal: Or?
Gasmask: Your windows really, really, really hates icewind dale.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:53 pm

OOC: Zael you have a slight Godmodding problem, you take control of people without there Consent, Going through hallways is fine with me, but don't make me do any reactions that i would not give myself.... it's not polite

Xeldarox was basically in the middle of the room, all the desks were Put in a circle around him, but so he could get out the teacher told him that she'd make the roof vanish at the end of the class, so he could fly out. he noticed many kids staring at him, most in fear, some in awe, and always the one that tries to poke you just for being a respectful creature, If the child was Fatter he probably would have eaten him.

"Xeldarox, it's your turn, to tell something about yourself to the class." He knew this was human ritual but now the teacher was making a dragon do it? Typical... Xeldarox Stood up, having some clearance between himself and the other desks. He let out a small Breath which accidentaly had some Ice element in it, the girl in front of him's hair froze, she likely got a shower. But just so she didn't go bald he told her not to pick at it.

He opened his mouth again "My name is Xeldarox, I am here to master my 2 Magical elements and my one Natural one, Ice, Whitefire, and Wind.... in that order" The teacher nearly dropped her pencil When she hear all 3 considering that They were all Extremely powerful, and that she had never heard of whitefire before, Xeldarox hoped to not show a demonstrastion. "I am Also here because my Parents, Nymbryxioul and Rimical, are the Leaders of the Ice dragons of the Artic and Antarctic circle, i aspire to be in there shoes someday. Though if there is one thing i wish i could truly learn.... is polymorphing." with this Xeldarox laid back down, content with his answer, Most of the class including the teacher all had dropped jaws, he took no mind to it though, considering that it was natural." To end this silence Xeldarox Raised his tail... the equivalent of a human raising his hand, the teacher Stuttered to allow him to speak but she did let him. "So what are we going to do today after introductions Mrs. Tannsonm?" Xeldarox said as politely as possible.

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiko on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:34 am

((OOC: I think I caught onto the flag, though I've never heard of the term in my life. I'm guessing it's a tool of foreshadowing? Something that will play important in the future? Not that Darkie's in the same class and can react to it right now, anyways.
Also, I have noticed the slight godmodding problem that you have, Zeal, though I haven't been affected by it. I know it's a bit hard being the game master of the RP, but you can't make people's charries react a certain way, though you can PM a member and ask them if they can if it will help progress the story. ~<3))

Darkie watched as her teacher walked into the class. He was young-looking, and didn't look like he had been a teacher for long. 'Must be his first year,' she thought to herself, noticing the papers sticking out of his folders in all directions. A very poor first impression for a teacher to his students. He then set down his folders and eyed the classroom.

"Good morning class," he greeted cheerfully. "I am Mr. Meyer and I will be teaching Fundamentals in Light this semester, in case you couldn't figure that out from the sign on the door," he joked. "Let's start the class off with some introductions of yourselves to the class," he looked around the class again, his eyes falling on Darkie, the one all the way in the back hidden. "Let's start in the back of the class and work our way up starting with you in the back."

"Me?" Darkie asked surprised.

"You," he repeated. "Let everyone know your name, your elements, and something else about yourself," he suggested.

Darkie stood up. "Well, my name is Tsumetai, Amaia," she started, "Though you may call me Darkie if you wish. I'm a user of the Dark and Shadow Elements, hence my nickname." Darkie paused. She watched as some of the other students looked at her with a puzzled look, as if to say, "Why the hell would she be in Light Element class?" She paid no mind to these looks however; She had already gotten these looks at home during summer vacation. "I hope to learn to master at least a few Light Element spells, to aid my friends and myself someday," she finished, taking her seat.

The rest of the class introduced themselves, none all too exciting. By the time the class had finished the class was about halfway finished.

"How about we end class for today?" Mr. Meyer suggested. "We'll start hitting the books tomorrow. Class dismissed," he finished, waving the class goodbye as they started walking out of the door. 'What to do now,' Darkie thought to herself as she grabbed her bag and headed out. "Goodbye, sensei," she said as she walked out the door. "There's something odd about him," the said to herself quietly after she was in the hallway. She decided to peak into the Elemental Theory class that her friends were in.

"Hmmm," Darkie said as she peered in, making sure Mrs. Tannson didn't see her. Darkie giggled a bit as she noticed that the class was surrounded around Xeldarox. "How did he get in," she wondered. She then decided to go and relax outside in the courtyard. She made her way outside and sat under a large tree with beautiful purple flowers blooming in it.

Shiko
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zael Arkan on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:31 am

Luce looked back to the front to see what Mrs Tannson would say to Xeldarox's question. "Hmm. Well, why don't we have a free question period? It is only the first day, so we would like to get everyone as comfortable as possible," She said with tender smile, "If any of you have any questions to ask me or fellow classmates, please don't hesitate. You can also chat amongst yourselves if you have no questions."

Luce sighed a little out of boredom. He didn't have any questions to ask, and even if he did, no one could probably answer them. 'I guess I'll just listen for now.' he thought. For some reason, however, he felt slightly disturbed by something. It was as if someone were staring at him like he did. He turned slightly to his right just to see that Teala girl swing her head in the other direction. From what he could see, it seemed that she was looking at him just moments ago. 'Strange girl. Is something wrong with her?' Just then, a question did come to him, so he raised his hand slowly.

"Yes, Mr... Savone was it? Do you have a question?" Mrs Tannson addressed Luce. He nodded his head and asked, "Yes... my question is... is it possible that there is a certain type of essence magic... that is more powerful and dangerous than others that it has to be sealed away, Mrs Tannson?" When he finished speaking, Mrs Tannson seemed taken aback by his question. Some of the other students that he didn't know were whispering things he couldn't hear. But he wasn't concerned about that. All he cared about was how she would answer his question. "That's... a very good question, Mr Savone. Although there used to be records of such topics, I have to say I really don't know." She paused for a moment, took a breath, and looked at her class. "There is something I can say about this that all of you must understand. All magic is equal in strength at first, but it depends on the wielder of magic to choose how to refine it. Your magic will get stronger and stronger as you grow in body, and in mind. That is why it is called essence magic. It is because it is a part of you in everyway, and just like your personalities and physical traits, it is unique to every individual. It actually is an essence of yourself that defines who you are."

Luce was actually stunned by his teachers words. "An essence... of myself?" He mumbled, unable of thinking of anything else to say.

Zael Arkan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:22 am

Cassandra listened to Xeldarox explaining himself to the rest of the class and found herself quite impressed. He seemed very proud of his family and wanted to even step into their shoes someday, something that Cassandra had never even though about doing with her own parents. She had her own goals, but knew her parents wouldn't approve now they actually wanted to nurture her 'talents'. But she smiled at Xeldarox as he spoke, the rest of the class watching in awe of the beautiful dragon, a truly magnificent member of his kind.

As the question and answer section started, Cassandra listened to a couple of questions beforehand, including Luce's own, part of her understanding his need for the truth and the teacher's explanation seemed to strike a chord in him and suddenly his Pure element seemed to be even more interesting that he had originally thought, though their teacher's definition of essence magic as being as strong as the person's own physical and mental abilities made her retreat to her own thoughts for a moment, thinking about her Fire essence, largely repressed for all these years, except for that tragedy that had made up her mind. Pushing away the harsh memories, she unconsciously traced a finger along the inch thick scar along her chest, the only reminder of her shame, other than in her mind.

If her father was right, what would she be learning next and would it easier to deal with than fire? She tuned back into the class, listening to another student's question about how essence magic manifests before glancing at the clock, judging about twenty minutes to be left of the class.
Last edited by Imehal on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zael Arkan on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:51 am

His mind was blank. Nothing made sense to him at all in that moment. His magic was always strong, even when he was young. That was why... "No... don't think about it," Luce murmured to himself, "Just think... about you have to do... for your friends." Friends... it was a funny word to him. A word that he never trully understood, and that he seldom used. He didn't believe in friends for the longest time, so why was he using the word now? So many thoughts were stirring through his mind at once. Time seemed to pass him by without a second glance. He couldn't remember when he started looking out the window again, or why he could no longer hear his surroundings. All he did was stare... into something he couldn't see.

'What are you seeking in life? In your life?'

"What... was that?" The bell had already rung for the next class, but that wasn't what had brought him out of his trance. "What was... that voice... just now." He looked up to see everyone getting ready for their next classes, reminding him that he had to go too. Luce's next class was, in his way, his favorite class. Luce got up to go ask Mrs Tannson for directions to the classroom, since he didn't know if he could find it on his own. "Mrs Tannson... do you know which way is to the... Practical Magic class is? I need to head to my next lesson..." She looked up, a little confused, but then smiled as she spoke, "My, my. You weren't paying attention were you, Mr Savone? The first class of the day is the only class for the first day. That means that this is your homeroom, so the rest of the day is to get used to the school." Luce tilted his head in slight understanding, but let her continue, "If you're having troubles finding your classes, they are giving out maps of the school at the main office near the main entrance." Luce bowed to his teacher and droned, "Thank you, teacher." Just when he turned around, he saw, once again, that Teala girl doing something suspicious. The moment he turned, she was running slightly away from HIS desk, grabbed her bag, and dashed out the door. 'What was she doing... at my desk?'

Luce returned to his seat to look on his desk. He didn't have his bag with him, so maybe she messed with something in his desk. He opened the small drawer and saw an envolope. He stared at it for a second or two before closing it. He looked around the classroom and found Cassandra. He walked towards her and tapped her on the shoulder to let her know he was there. "Miss Ophell... did you happen to see... what that girl was doing... at my desk?"

Zael Arkan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:00 pm

Cassandra had listened to the rest of the class distantly, appreciating the school's decision to allow freshmen the day to get themselves acquainted with the school and the grounds before properly stepping into classes the following day. She had plans to head back to her dormitories and avoid her brother for as long as possible before going down to meet Luce at five by the cliffs.

A tap on her shoulder made her look up into Luce's face in surprise. "Miss Ophell... did you happen to see... what that girl was doing... at my desk?" She looked across the room as Taela dashed out the room before turning to look at Luce again.

"Sorry Luce, I was in a world of my own. Did she put something in your desk?" she asked as she stood from her next, hoisting her bag over her shoulder.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zael Arkan on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:27 pm

"It seems so," He replied, "But I have no idea... what it could be. She left an envolope... in my desk." Luce pointed to where his desk was, then asked, "I was hoping you could help me... with this. Just in case." The truth was, he didn't know what the point was of the action that girl made by putting an envolope in his desk. What could that Teala girl possiblely want to say to him tht she couldn't just say it to his face?

"I'm just a little confused... I guess. It is perplexing to me. So I want your help... if it is alright with you, Miss Ophell."

Zael Arkan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:07 pm

Cassandra's question was answered by what appeared to be a confused reaction and she looked at him intently, trying to figure out what was bothering him so much about it and the only conclusion she could draw was that he didn't have much experience with girls and their ways, not that she was an expert herself, despite being of the gender in question.

"It's alright to be confused Luce and of course I'll help you, especially considering we've got the day free," she offered as she moved out of her desk and walked over to his own. "So I imagine the first step is opening the letter and reading it. It might be personal to you, so don't tell me what's inside if you don't want to. We can go from there," she advised.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zael Arkan on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:26 pm

Luce watched her move to his desk, explaining what to do. 'This is such a waste of time...' he thought intently as he walked slowly back to his desk. "Alright then... I just have to read it then." Luce opened his desk again and reached in for the letter. He closed the desk drawer gingerly and then glared at the envolope as he tore the side with one clean rip. He pulled out the plain paper and began reading.

'Dear Luce,
It's good that I found out your name at the start of class, otherwise, I wouldn't have known what to put at the top. I'm sorry to have to tell you this way, but I've always been really shy around boys. So this is the only way I can do it without feeling too embarassed. I was swept away by your brilliant performance with the two freshman this morning. You looked confident, and you handled your magic spectacularly. It was just simply breathtaking. Please, if you can spare the time, I want you to listen to what I have to say. Meet me under the oak tree outside the main gate at noon today.

Your Admirer,
Teala'

"Hmm..." He became deep in thought, completely forgeting about Cassandra for a moment. He finally looked up from the paper and stared at Cassandra for a moment before saying, "She's an admirer... of my magic... I guess. It says she wants to meet me at noon."

Zael Arkan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:50 pm

An admirer of his magic, huh? Cassandra thought appraisingly as she listened to Luce, smiling gently as she nodded. She'd never had admirers so she wasn't too sure how to deal with the situation, but she assumed that the girl was no danger to Luce and so there wouldn't be any harm in going.

"Well it's eleven now, so you've got an hour to decide whether you want to go or not," Cassandra pointed out as she gestured to the clock, "I'm kind of hungry, so I'm going to get something to eat, if you want to join me?" As she offered, she felt a twang of something in her mind, something she recognised but just couldn't place... "I personally think you should go. If she really wants to just talk to you to admire your magic, I think that's a reasonable request. But if she says she likes you, she hasn't known you for very long, so be careful about that," she suggested as she made her way to the door, waiting patiently for him by the door.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zael Arkan on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:12 pm

Luce glanced at the clock as he placed the folded paper into the pocket of his grey cargos. He did indeed have an hour to decide about this matter. His eyes gleamed back towards Cassandra when she offered him to join her for lunch, but before he decided, Cassandra spoke, "I personally think you should go. If she really wants to just talk to you to admire your magic, I think that's a reasonable request. But if she says she likes you, she hasn't known you for very long, so be careful about that."

Luce didn't move at all as she made her way to the door, turning around to wait for him. His deep eyes were transfixed on her, with his emotionless face partially shrouded by a light shade. "What..." Luce paused for a couple of seconds and resumed, "What does... that mean? To 'like'? What does that... mean 'if she likes me'. I don't... understand, Miss Ophell."

His eyes seemed like they were shining a vibant dark amythest as he turned slightly. His thoughts were racing as he failed to understand what she meant. Like? What was like?

'I don't know...'

Zael Arkan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:38 pm

Luce's eyes had locked onto Cassandra's and as he spoke, her eyes widening slightly, not out of surprise but at how she was going to explain this to him. Shifting her bag's strap further onto her shoulder, she shifted a little under his gaze, something she hadn't done before and that twang surfaced again, but she dismissed it as hunger as she spoke.

"Well...It's when someone has a romantic interest in another. If you want to get to know someone better than friends," she sighed, feeling embarassed, not knowing how to explain it properly. "I... I'm sorry Luce, I've never been very good at this thing," she paused and then smiled. "When they touch you on the shoulder, you get a jolt of feeling race through you that you don't get when anyone else touches you, when you smile simply at hearing their name or their voice and their mere presence makes you feel happy," she described as she held his gaze, trying to make sure he got the meaning she was putting across.

Her smile then changed into a grin, "You have beautiful eyes you know," she complimented as she moved back into the room, stopping in front of him, gauging his reaction. "You alright?"

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zael Arkan on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:34 pm

Words. He understood their definitions, but Luce could not hide it any longer from her. It was only a matter of time that someone would find out. However, Luce was prepared for the worst, if that was the outcome. His gaze was kept on hers the entire time. He listened to every word she said. Luce spoke softly as he continued to stare into her grey eyes, "Thank you..."

But...
"I am sorry... I am not alright."
How can I explain...
"I am the way I am... because I can't feel...... emotions."

He raised his hands and crossed them forming an X, showing her the two bracers and one ring on each hand, and his crystal pendent visible behind his arms. "All of these accesories... are actually... Magical Inhibiters," Luce closed his eyes, but continued to speak in his drone, "They are used to lock away a great amount... of magical essence. As a result... I have no emotions. I have been this way... as long as I could remember." He lowered his arms, and opened his violet eyes as he calmly said, "That is why... I don't understand well."

Zael Arkan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:03 pm

Cassandra listened and understood the horrifying truth that was Luce's power, the inhibitors in place probably to protect others from his magic rather than himself and felt sorry for him briefly as part of her flared up in rage, partially because she knew the creator of such items intimately and it sickened her to discover the extent of the device's power. As she listened more closely, his voice had no real tone to it, a slow drone that held no clue to his feelings, causing Sophia to reach out and place a hand on each of Luce's arms as he lowered them.

"No emotions," she whispered as she gripped his arms ever so gently, looking into his eyes, "It's too cruel, too cruel..." She looked at the bracers briefly, comprehending their power as she traced her fingers along the cool material, before resting her right hand in his, slowly bringing her eyes back to his. "You can feel though... you must be able to. You always mean it when you thank me," she willed as she shook her head.

"I'll fix this, I promise. I'm so sorry Luce," she apologised, "This is all my fault."

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zael Arkan on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:48 pm

'I'm sorry that I can't feel emotions like you.' That was all Luce could think about as he watched her. That was all he could ever do was watch. Watch others display emotions of all kinds. The only way he knew about them was from studying dictionaries at the orphanage. But he couldn't feel sad. He couldn't feel anything...

Luce didn't react in any way as she spoke, or even when she touched his hands, but he understood what she meant. "Yes... I can feel others' emotions, and I was always... taught good manners. However... I have never felt them myself."

"I'll fix this, I promise. I'm so sorry Luce. This is all my fault."

Luce slowly raised his hand to her chin and lifted it a little to see her face better before saying, "No one is at fault, if there is no one creating blame. That is what I believe." His pause felt like forever to him, but he stood back just a bit and added, "I may not have emotions... but I still have a soul... so I am still human." His face was emotionless, but just then, his eyes shone a warmth from their deep violet color as he looked at her, "I thank you very sincerly... from my soul... that you are my friend... Miss Cassandra."

Zael Arkan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:11 pm

As he spoke, the truth sunk in further, further than she'd ever wanted to comprehend that it could ever go. There was no response as she touched him, spoke to him and she felt despair clutch her heart as she realised that there was absolutely nothing she could do to help him, she tried to turn away, her own wretchedness not fit to be around him, but he touched her face as she turned away, tilting her chin upwards slightly before speaking once more, the sense in his words almost having no effect on her consciousness, though it was stored somewhere in her subconscious for later.

"I may not have emotions... but I still have a soul... so I am still human." His face was still as blank as it had been before and for some reason, it tore at Cassandra's heart as she looked at his face blank and then the strangest thing happened. Though he claimed he could feel no emotion, his eyes shone with a deep warmth from within their violet colour, stunning her into silence as he said, "I thank you very sincerely... from my soul... that you are my friend... Miss Cassandra."

Miss Cassandra... she smiled then, unable to keep herself from doing so, although her eyes watered slightly so she turned her face away, not allowing him to see her tears, no one should see her cry, because it meant people got hurt and she hated that more than her tears themselves. "You're... getting better at that," she complimented, staring at the wall as she spoke, her voice shaking slightly. Cassandra reached a hand up to her eyes, wiping them before turning back to face Luce. "You're more than welcome Luce, and I'm honoured to be your friend," she said, managing a small smile as she looked at him and then realised with alarm that she was still holding onto his hands. "Oh, I'm sorry!" she apologised as she let go of him, embarrassment gripping her once more, as she rubbed her hands, trying to avoid his gaze for fear he would see her embarrassment and although he couldn't feel it himself, he could probably see it.

She had completely forgotten about her father's creations that were strapped to Luce's body, the invention he had been famous for helping to design and fund... used to kill a person's ability to feel as well as suppress their magical ability.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!