Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Morbin's All Conquering Army of Small Plastic Men

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Morbin's All Conquering Army of Small Plastic Men

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morbin on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Because us unimaginative types can do art too, I've decided to post some of my artistic exploits. These are some of the models I painted for my assorted Warhammer projects, mainly my Imperial Guard force, the Eirian 27th Grenadier Regiment 'No Glory Boys'. Of course we all know this is just another clever ploy of mine for attention mongering.

As a side note, for any of you that RP with my dear self insert, this is the regiment that he comes from.
Stout defenders of humanity (Imperial Guard):
The Eirian 27th Grenadier Regiment 'No Glory Boys' in full.
Command Squad, led by Major Henryk Caddell.
Veteran Squad, led by Warrant Officer 'Doomguy' Morgan.
Veteran Squad's Chimera Transport
One of two 'Lemon' Pattern Leman Russ Battle Tanks
Armoured Sentinel
Commissar Gordon
Suddenly, purple. This is my Sister of Battle squad led by Mission Canoness Rosemary.
Closeups of the Cannoness 1. 2.
The ubiquitous Valkyrie Assault Carrier.

Bugsbugsbugsbugsbugs (Tyranids):
The Swarm! (Ignore said pill bottles, liquor and Dune books, 'nids are less important so they have to share a shelf with my other past times)
Something Completely Different(Hive Tyrant and some Termagaunts)
More 'nids! My Zoanthrope this time
Old School Ravener's
Tyranid Warriors
Old school Carnifex and some Hormagaunts
Ripper Swarms! Hurray! Cute until they bite your important bits off.
The Red Terror about to eat a Sister (This guy was my childhood hero, I've had the model since gradeschool.)

Death of a Hero.
A small pocket of Eirian soldiers is overrun by a large brood of Hormagaunts led by a Tyranid Warrior. Commissar Gordon leads a valiant, if doomed, counter attack.

Updated with some of my newest 'nid models as well as some of the armor portions of my Guard army. Yet more updates! This time we got an action shot thingy.
"All I need in life is love and music... And insulin, but that takes away from the beautiful simplicity of the quote."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Morbin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Morbin's All Conquering Army of Small Plastic Men

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:41 am

That something completely different is HAWT! And I really like your stuff, =D pretty damn talented. Are you gonna make more?
Bai Bai bby

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:19 am

OMG Morbin. This is so awesome XD I love it!
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:22 am

I should post pics of my Warhammer. It's not fantastic, but hey.. XD
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:36 am

You should!!

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morbin on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:35 pm

These guys are what you call 'tabletop quality' they are not showcase pieces by any means, they lack blending, layering, or anything that requires any great deal of artistic talent.

It's all basic brushwork and neatness, taking my time.

At any rate, I've got an entire army of these guys.

Over 100 Guardsmen, including characters like the Master of Ordinance, my Commissar, and Marbo, not to mention my special weapons guys, armed with melta's, plasma guns, flamers, sniper rifles, etc, and then on top of that are my heavy weapon squads, armed with autocannons, missile launchers, and lascannons, for shooting big things, like enemy armor... or demons.

Also my army's got a fair deal of armor, in the form of a pair of Sentinels walkers, two 'Lemon' Pattern Leman Russ Battle Tanks, three Chimera Armoured Transports, and my pride and joy; my Valkyrie Assault Carrier.

Ya know how I spend a lot of time on this site? Well, most of the time I'm actually painting. Hurray for hobbies! At any rate, my current project is my 'nid force, the red buggy guys on that last pick, I've got to get a 1500 list painted up for September.

Morbin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:36 pm

I have to wait till tomorrow to grab pictures of my models >_> My camera does fuck all good without natural light -.-

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:43 pm

I really enjoy seeing your work, Morbin. I think it's well done and you should consider something with movies. Like settings and stuff like that, I fail at the word for it tho XD But yeah good stuff <3

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:44 am

Mongernomnom.

For an attention mongerer, your paint jobs are beyond sweet. I know fudge all about Warhammer, but I can still appreciate the work put into this. =) Mid's got a good suggestion; see if you can arrange these into epic scenarios.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morbin on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:04 pm

I think that once the campaign starts up in September, I'll take a few pictures of the battles, and post little commentary gubbins.

Hopefully, it will be 'Bugs eat everyone.' As opposed too 'Bugs die in large numbers'.

Morbin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheMuse on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:28 am

Wow this is actually really cool and interesting!! Is Warhammer a type of game? How do you play it? Also how long does it take you to paint one of these figures? Looks like you put a lot of time into them.

Anyways once again awesomeness dude!
Fear the randomness that is I! ~TheMuse~

TheMuse
Member for 14 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morbin on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:59 pm

So! After I finished converting my latest squad of veterans and after seeing what Mid is doing with her comic, I've opted to name all of the squad members after people I know in OOC chat! Terribly sorry if I let anyone out, but keep in mind I have two armies numbering over 100 models, chances are if I talk to you on a regular basis, you have a model named after you. At any rate, here we are!

Veteran Drop Squad, 'The Gateway Gits'
First row, from left to right: Riverstyx777 (Because who else would stick a knight-inspired shield onto their shoulder pad? A man of fine tastes that's who), Dashmiel (You don't need tactics to lead men when you've got the spiffy hat and a chiseled chin), Entity_of_Sin (Eyepatch, melta-gun, he's bitter and has a weapon that can melt tanks), Parabola (Always at the front lines, stabbing people, he rather enjoys it)
Second row, from left to right: Kronos (Another Melta-gunner, when he shoots something, he likes it to die), Qbsuperstar03 (Often talks about frivolous things, but he'll stab you all the same, see that bayonet? He's got a hammer too) , Shohetsu ("Camoflage? What's the point of wearing clothes if you just want to blend in?"), Din (The unsung hero, backing up his squadmates from the sidelines, enjoys philosophical discussions and long walks on the beach)
Last row, from left to right: Nano! (With a giant ruck sack and having the most high-tech gear, this kid is ready for anything), Rigel_Lake (Optimistic, friendly, kind-hearted but not naive, he won't let you down, a guy you want on your side when SHTF)

In the background we can see the dreaded Genestealer known as 'Mid' pounce upon the rather unfortunate Guardsman Arceius, may his death remind us all that if it isn't human, it should be shot on sight, not hugged, no matter how cute or harmless it looks.

Morbin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kriegmesser on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:37 am

*sniff* I feel left out...

Genestealer Myrin? Hehehe... truth...
Characters needing some kind artist to draw them:
Xenthriss C-LINK
Stahlfaust Combine C-LINK
Baron Valdis Oros Goldheart C-LINK

Kriegmesser
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!