Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Morrowind Forum Roleplay

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: Morrowind Forum Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:54 pm

Pish. We'll get your character personal limelight!

Right, I just finished the setting ideas clean up and am working on the plot after that and was wondering if anyone had any ideas for titles? I was thinking simple and clear like 'Clearing the Storm' but if anyone has any better ideas, toss them out here or PM me and I'll make the tab and such at the latest by Thursday.

I figured we can then use the OOC thread created to plot finer details and discuss character ideas.
Gasmask: Alright. Either your CD is corrupted, which'd explain the crashing and odd stuffs.
Imehal: Or?
Gasmask: Your windows really, really, really hates icewind dale.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:25 pm

Tab, click it!

Morrowind's Salvation

If anything's wrong/badly worded, lemme know!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:37 am

Yay! Also this happens to be an alternate account of Gasmask. Since the coders kicked me out.

Anyway, 'makin my character.
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duchessa on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:26 am

Ooh, goodie! -Also runs off to make character-

Just a few small nitpicks in the intro - its 'Nerevarine' rather than 'Neravaine', and Azura's a Daedric Prince too, same as the rest of them - Sheogorath, Mehrunes Dagon, Boethiah et cetera. The Dunmer just classify them into 'Good' Daedra and 'Bad' Daedra. The 'gods' of the TES world are the Aedra - the Empire's Akatosh, Dibella, Julianos and so on.

I look forward to starting :)

Duchessa
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:35 am

Thank you. I'm obviously a little rusty. *goes to change those*

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NumberXero on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:45 am

Sheogorath, how I love thee. The Shivering Isles were amazing.
- Xero the prodigy.
Bás Saoire

NumberXero
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:53 am

Hircine is better.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NumberXero on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:55 am

Indeed. I just developed a love for Sheogorath. Gas, what sort of skills do you think my Argonian should have besides the water breathing/disease resistance?

NumberXero
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NumberXero on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:18 am

Skill Sheet with minor edits, tell me what you think:
Sign: Atronach
Spec: Stealth
Attribute: Agility and Luck
Skills: Acrobatics, Sneak, Short Blade.

NumberXero
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:28 am

Hm. Alright guys.

In order to keep balance, there's a max format of Three main skills. Simplified yeah. But good in my own opinion.

So therefor it'd be like this.

Heavy Armour, Long Blade, Block

For a typical warrior. Feel free to mix and match, but keep it focused in one corner. No jack of all trades.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:53 am

And a couple more things.

Artifacts and Magical items are earned. Amulets, rings, armour, weapons. They all count, everybody starts out with typical armour and weapons. No-ones going to have dwemer, fine iron or steel. Just typical gear, you're all new to the adventuring scene and morrowind merchants aren't so kind anymore. So if anyone picks a knight. You're going to start out with miss matched armour, some of it not even in your skill level. But by mid-roleplay, you're going to be wearing the armour you want, by late-game you're going to excelling in your chosen paths but not gods.

You are men and women. Not demigods and lords(Unless you happen to choose to be a noble.)

Three skills: In order to keep balance and order, there are no Jack of all trades. No-one has multiple varied skills. It takes years to master a single skill.
Example1: Short Blade, Medium Armour, Block.
Example2: Long blade, Marksman, Athletics.

Tension and Paranoia are at a high. Are you apart of the races are invading? Then you're going to be feel judged.

Because you are. Every action is viewed by the public and even the public, people will grow angry and displeased if you flaunt your less than agreeable opinions or actions.

Every action has a consequence. Lethal or not.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orion Vryce on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:50 pm

hey gas quick question, not trying to start trouble or anything, just curious. Why do we have three major skills? I understand you don't want a jack of all trades, but three seems a little limited with all the classes availble. Even if you were to add two more slots, like what the game had it as, I think would add some more diversity amogst the characters.

Also i'm asuming there are no minor skills? Not that I care about those, just making sure I understand everything correctly.
Socrates once said........ To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves wise, without being wise: for it is to think that we know what we do not know. For anything that men can tell, death may be the greatest good that can happen to them: but they fear it as if they knew quite well that it was the greatest of evils. And what is this but that shameful ignorance of thinking that we know what we do not know?

Orion Vryce
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duchessa on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:43 pm

I think the general idea of that 'three skills' is just to say what you're already proficient in when the roleplay starts; you can probably improve other skills while the roleplay goes on. That was my take on it, anyway :)

Duchessa
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:48 am

@Orion

What Duchessa said. And no minor skills, yeah. But you'll learn along the way. Also, Duchessa I really couldn't have explained that better myself.

Oh and sorry about coming off as a jackass guys.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:28 am

Gasmask and I have been having a chat and I'm going to update the tab main page to reflect what he has put up here and what we discussed. Also, Duchessa, I really like your character.

We obviously have a bit of a way to go when it comes to sorting things out, but I hope everyone's optimistic as I am. =)

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duchessa on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:32 pm

Why thank you! I was going to give her some enchanted gloves, but then I read Gasmask's guidelines and decided against it. It'll all get sorted and be shipshape and Bristol fashion in no time, I'm sure.

I look forward to seeing other people's characters!

Duchessa
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duchessa on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:11 am

I have finally finished my lectures for the term! Crack open the Bollinger and celebrate the consignment of assignments into the maw of the department!

Ahem. Anyway, I just noticed a bit of a discrepancy in your OOC post, Imehal - the initial section states that Narsis and Blacklight still stand, but the 'factions' section states that they've been overrun. Which one are we going with?

Apologies for the double post.

Duchessa
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:40 pm

No, don't apologise for the double post; sometimes they're needed!

Yayness for freedom over the holidays. I do miss those days.

But I digress. Can we move all roleplay discussions to the OOC now and leave the interest check free for people to post in general questions before deciding to join? =D

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omnichromiogasm on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:41 am

Speaking of the races. Why haven't they been brought up yet? lol

Shit's going to hit the fan once this starts and our races interact. Not sure if folks have read up on the each race's history, they all have one and the majority of them hate each other. Weather that changes with the current results/plots of things going on it really should be noted with NPC interactions when it comes to dealing with traders, random folks, or even just other players.

By default, Morrowind has always been a slave area sadly. The Dunmer(dark elves) hold this view rather strongly, and this being said, most Morrowind born Dunmer find Khajit and Argonians to be really lesser beings and should be rarely seen, never heard, and always in shackles. They also have a common and prone dislike for the Imperial people due to their King and Legion entering their lands and the Imperial people discriminating them about their ways and society, as well as enforcing certain laws in various areas where slavery has been abolished as well as constantly bitching to the Dunmer about how their ways of worshiping Daedric Gods is wrong.

Khajit and Argonians in some situations have always been arguable with each other constantly, yet due to often being raided in their own home lands, fighting, as well as watching their own people being taken away and enslaved by the Dunmer, they hold a constant grudge against the Dunmer.

High elves are known to be stuck up and a bit snobby due to their so called royal views on things as well as their high regards for magic and best at wielding at it. So to Bosmer(wood elves) and Dunmer, they often do not agree with each other.

Dunmer are sneaky, deceptive, and a bit brutal with actions. They're just as quick to be friends and stab you in the back the next day at any given time, this has earned them to be naturally distrustful and make other races hard to throw loyalty in their hands.

The Bosmer are cannibals in a way. After passing the laws upon their race known as The Green Pact, they have made a forever oath to never eat any form of plant life or wild creature. This being said, it has been known in the past for Bosmer to hunt and kill Kahjit and other races for their sources of meat. Although many Bosmer beings say that such acts have not been committed in centuries, Dunmer and Altmer(high elves) view them as barbaric and quite crazy at times.

Orsmer(Orks) and Redguards are disgruntled with each other. The Redguards, after escaping conflict in their own lands, came upon Morrowind areas where Orks were inhabiting, pretty much saw them as barbaric, killed the majority of them and forced the rest into the dangerous wilderness nearby. Orks are often seen as barbaric bloodthirsty monsters to all of the races, but are held in high regard for their abilities with weapons and crafting armor.

Imperials are often nobles, Redgaurds are often their allies, they dislike most Dunmer due to their views on slavery and Daedra worship as said above.

Nords are often somewhat okay with Orks, sharing their common views when it comes to battle and bloodlust, yet they are often seen as drunken barbarian fools that can't hold their alcohol and usually instigate tense situations in hopes of a good fist fight, this has gained them the reputation with the other races to be loud, rude, drunken people.

----

Just wanted to point this out to folks, due to if everyone is going to be in a group and interacting with a mix of various races, it's probably not going to be the happy go lucky/we're all best friends from the start ordeal.

There will be tension and probably a bit of stereotypes going around. Throw a Dunmer in who's a noble that has kin that are slave owners with a Khajit who watched his parents being taken away and sold into slavery? There's going to be conflict.

Although I'm sure our characters won't be oh so quick to throw a blade at the other, that's obvious of course, I won't be surprised if there may be a few arguments and uncomfortable situations where they're all sitting around the campfire talking with each other

Omnichromiogasm
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:28 am

I haven't been posting because I've had heaps of stuff to do and having trouble getting onto Gasmask, so bear with me guys.

Sorry. <_<

Gasmask
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!