Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Moving On

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Moving On

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Sat May 29, 2010 10:31 am

Kyle shook his head. "No it doesn't, if one person is dragging the other person around on the dance floor. Then it only takes one." He teased as they walked hand in hand. Kyle pointed to some shoes in a window. "Oh, comeon. I know you're dying for them." He teased, before letting go of her hand and wrapping his arm around her waist.
Happiness is not a destination, it is a lifestyle- Burton Hills

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sat May 29, 2010 10:57 am

Emily rolled her eyes. "No Kyle, I really don't need them. Can't you just be content knowing that all I want is you?" she grinned and kissed his cheek as she began to pull him away from the window. "Unless of course you are wanting them, then sure, let's go buy them." She teased him.

They walked around the mall for quite a while. Kyle was constantly trying to convince her she needed things she really didn't, and so he just kept getting a lot of no's every time he pointed something out that she might vaguely like. She loved walking around with him, but soon it grew boring after their billionth time around the mall. "Come on, let's go to your house," she said with almost a poutful look on her face as she was pulling him towards the parking lot.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:44 pm

"You know, I have the perfect shirt and jeans..." He started be for shaking his head. "I guess I'm just going to have to do without them though." He said looking sad before chuckling.

"Fine, but no blushing when my mother speaks with you." He teased as he took her outside, and they were soon at his car and he was driving off towards his house. He parked on the side of the street in case someone else needed out. They were in the house and within seconds his mother was standing there cross armed.

"Kyle Mathews, where have you been today?" She demanded, looking from one to the other. "I'm taking it you both didn't go to school, and if that's the case. What have you two been doing all day?" She said looking rather impatient.

"It's fine mother. Emily really couldn't handle going to school quite yet. You know how it is. So we did a little bit of retail therapy." He said, his arm snaking around her waist. "Let me tell you, this girl is uncontrollable in the mall." He teased kissing his mother on the cheek. "I'm sorry,I'll call next time."

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Emily giggled and rolled her eyes. She followed him out to the car and was looking very red in the face when he spoke. "Well no garuntees, I'm a lousy liar and I can hardly hold onto secrets." She said as they climbed into the car. They were fairly quiet in the ride to his house, but getting there, she wanted to sink low in her seat as his mother was standing with her arms crossed.

As they climbed out of the car and approached his mother, Emily was looking everywhere but his mother for the first few moments. "I'm sorry Mrs. Matthews, it's really all my fault. I sort of pressured him into skipping school." Emily said knowing that it was her turn to take the blame. She was sure Kyle had missed plenty of school on his own, it was time Emily took the fall. "With everything that has gone on, I just didn't want to go to school today. I'm really sorry, I should've made Kyle call you." She apologized hoping it wasn't obvious what they had done earlier, at least she hoped it wasn't written across her face.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:55 pm

Kyle rolled his eyes at Emily as she took the blame. "You know my mother isn't going to accept that Emily, not you, the quite innocent angel." He said from the kitchen, getting them both a bottle of water.

Mrs. Mathews just looked at Emily and shook her head. "It's fine darling. Really. I know it's been hard, I just worry about both of you. I know you lost your mother, I know just how hard it is to lose someone like that. I just...when I don't hear from Kyle my heart sinks more than it ever should." She admitted as she looked at Emily for several moments as her son returned with water.

"Kyle, just call from now on, please?" She insisted, grabbing her purse from the counter. "I'm going to an appointment with your father. I'll be back in a few hours. Kara said she'll make dinner this evening. And please try to be nice towards her. She's been a bit in the slumps today, and I'm exactly sure why."

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:19 pm

Emily frowned for a moment as Kyle spoke, but she offered Mrs. Matthews a smile. "I know, and I'm really sorry. I'll make sure he calls next time." She promised and looked up when Kyle came back with water. She watched Mrs. Matthews leave before she sighed and slumped against the wall.

"I feel so guilty and ashamed right now. That was miserable." She said as she looked up at Kyle from where she sat on the ground. "You're not going to tell Kara about us?" she suddenly asked. Emily knew Kara wouldn't go telling everyone, but Emily didn't want to hurt Kara like that. The girl seemed like she was really nice and a good person, and the fact that Emily just walked in and took Kyle away so easily probably hurt her. To have Kara know just what Emily and Kyle had done would make her feel far worse than if Mrs. Matthews knew.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:27 pm

--Minor Time Skip.

It was several weeks after everything had happened. Kyle and Emily were as good as gold in Kyle's eyes. Kara had caused minimal drama and had actually become extremely friendly with Emily and even considered her a friend despite everything. Kyle had managed to iron everything out, and he had their life together and it was all just going so perfectly. He loved Emily a little more each day, and he was always with her, worrying about her and just talking about her.

Then there was Andrew. The unsung hero who wasn't being an ass anymore. He was actually being really sweet and hanging out with Emily, like two long time friends. Was it wrong for them to be friends? Of course not. Did he hide it from Kyle? Of course. That's just how the world worked.

It was no particular afternoon after school and Kyle had to run home to take care of somethings and had mentioned to Emily several times that he probably wasn't going to have a chance to hang out with her, but Andrew stepped in and offered to hang out with Emily. So that's where he was now, knocking on Emily's front door, still working on the one thing he wanted :Emily.

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:37 pm

Emily had thought life was pretty good for her and Kyle. She felt her connection with him grow stronger as they relationship became so much more than what she thought it would be. She had woken up a few times sick to her stomach in the morning, but it always passed so she didn't think anything of it.

Andrew had suddenly become a total sweetheart in Emily's eyes. She had tried to keep her promise with Kyle, but she really didn't see anything wrong with Andrew and found that he was actually a good friend when he wasn't accusing her. He made her happy and she was care free when she was around him. She didn't love him like she loved Kyle, but with Andrew there were no strings attached and it was always a relief to be in his presence.

One afternoon Kyle explained he couldn't hang out with her and be with her, so Andrew had offered to keep her company. Emily was excited because he was fun to be with, not because she felt anything for him. She heard a knock on the door and smiled. She opened it up.

"Hey Andrew!" she grinned merrily. She moved aside to let him in.

"Let's go buy a watermelon." She suggested quite suddenly.

Emily had noticed a slight change in her appetite, she was suddenly getting cravings for things she didn't usually eat a lot of.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:45 pm

"Well, hello Emily!" He greeted in return raising a brow as he laughed a bit. As soon as he had entered the house she was suggesting they go buy a watermelon.

He frowned a tad, and looked at er questioningly. "I thought you didn't like watermelon." He said confused. They'd gotten on the subject one day of their favorite fruits, and he could have sworn she said it wasn't her favorite. However, she was a girl and he wasn't going to question her too much.

"Alright, let's go get you a watermelon." He said with a slight chuckle, grabbing his keys from his pocket and going out to his big truck. The watermelon didn't make much sense to him, but a lot of things girls did made no sense to him.

"So how have you been?" He asked her as he started backing out of the driveway.

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:06 pm

Emily shrugged her shoulders. "I don't, but a watermelon sounds positively delicous right now, don't you think? It's kind of hot outside, and the thought of a watermelon just seems like a good idea." She grinned. Emily had never really liked watermelon, she'd much rather eat other stuff, but she just really wanted one right then.

She slipped her shoes on as he retrieved his keys from his pocket. She smiled happily. "Yay!" she exclaimed excitedly. She followed him outside to his truck and climbed in.

"I've been fine, aside from feeling sick in the morning." She frowned at the thought. "Perhaps I caught some sort of bug at school." She suggested as she remembered throwing up that morning and the morning before that, not to mention losing the contents of her stomach all of last week. "What about you?" she questioned him with a smile.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:20 pm

"It does sound good." It had been warming up considerably over the past few days and watermelon was the perfect way to welcome summer. Or atleast it sounded like it.

As she mentioned he was getting sick, he frowned a bit. "That's not really normal. Why don't you go to the doctor? They may have something to ease your nausea." He suggested. "I'll take you to the doctor so Kyle doesn't freak out." He offered. He knew Kyle would only worry and ask Emily a thousand questions.

"And I've been good, just relaxing and trying to find a job right now and getting ready for graduation. Which is a total stress and a half." He indicated as they neared the local grocery store. He walked with her inside and looked around. "Wanna get something over the counter to ease your stomach?" He suggested.

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Emily frowned slightly as he suggested going to a doctor. "I don't know, Kyle would freak out even if he heard the slightest inclination that I went to the doctor's." She looked back over to Andrew and smiled brightly. "You wouldn't mind? It's probably nothing, but it would be good to have a check up anyway." She said. Emily hadn't been to the doctor's in a very long time, and she hoped that this wasn't something serious.

She was quiet for a minute as a moment of nausea came over her with the motion of the vehicle, but she held her stomach. She looked over at him. "I don't know, but I guess we can look at what they have. I'm sure if we told a pharmacist the symptoms they'd be able to recommend something." The thought of getting rid of the nausea was a lovely idea.

They arrived at the store in good time and walked in. Emily figured it would be best to get some medicine first and then go pick out a good watermelon. As she was glancing over a few different bottles, her eyes fell upon some pregnancy tests and she instantly felt her stomach plumet at the thought. She shook her head before she went over to the pharmacy counter.

"Excuse me, but I was wondering if you could recommend a good brand to help with an upset stomach." Emily asked the middle-aged woman behind the counter.

"Sure, what are your specific symptoms?" she asked.

"Nothing big, but I'm throwing up a lot lately, mostly in the morning, and my stomach won't hold certain foods." She explained.

The pharmacist stared at Emily for a moment before glancing at Andrew and then back to Emily. It sounded like pregnancy to her, were kids really this ignorant these days?

"No problem." She suddenly smiled before she pointed to a shelf. "That should take care of you." She watched Emily's eyes grow wide.

Emily stared at the shelf holding the at-home pregnancy tests before looking back at the pharmacist like she was crazy. She quickly turned her back, unwilling to even think about it.

Emily sat down on a bench as the reality hit her. Was there really the chance she might be pregnant? The thought chilled her. She was a senior in high school, she had a lot of life to live before she settled down to birth children. She felt her stomach roll over and she felt sick again. There was such a high possibility that she could be pregnant. Her and Kyle hadn't used any protection, and now that she thought about it, they were stupid. She looked over at Andrew, her face pale and white. There was always the chance that she wasn't pregnant and she just had a flu bug or something...she hoped desperately she wasn't pregnant. How would Kyle handle this?

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:51 pm

Andrew smiled at her and shook his head. "Of course I don't mind. I know exactly how Kyle would get in this situation, so I'll gladly take you." He knew Kyle was a worry wort about things he'd care about and if Emily went to the doctor about a sickness he'd still ask a week after she was better if she was still feeling okay. That's just how Kyle was.

They looked around the pharmacy aisles for a while, until Emily just gave up and decided to go ask the pharmacists if she had any recommendations. Right away the look on the lady's face sent him into a frenzy. It was like he was looking at them like they were idiotic teenagers and he understood why the second she indicated a shelf for Emily. "Oh wow." Was all Andrew said as Emily went to sit down.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked, sitting next to her, and pulling her close and rubbing her back. "Take it this is a real reality?" He asked her as he continued to rub her back. "Why don't you go ahead and get a test before you start getting yourself to upset over it. There's no need to worry about something if there is nothing there, correct?" He suggested as he went and selected on of the tests. "I'll even pay for it." He said quit a quirky smile. "So when did you and Matthews get this serious?" He asked scrunching his nose.

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:09 pm

Emily looked at Andrew, her eyes a little blank from the real possibilities. "Yeah, I guess you're right." She managed a smile. She knew she was being silly, she'd just take the test and find out she was freaking out over nothing. She laughed slightly as he said he'd pay for it. She blushed as he scrunched his nose with his question. "Uh-" she felt like an idiot. "It was a while ago..." she trailed off. "I never even thought about it, it was just a spontaneous thing." She frowned. "What am I supposed to do if I am pregnant?" Emily suddenly went white again.

"This is Kyle's second baby, but with a different girl..." even as she said it she knew how awful it sounded and the sort of implications that Kyle was going to get and the names Emily would receive when her friends found out. She suddenly shook her head. "Let's not think about that, all I need to do is just take the test, I'm worrying over nothing." She convinced herself and quickly went to pick up a pregnancy test. She looked over at Andrew feeling antsy, what if one of her friends saw her right then with the pregnancy test and Andrew with her?

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:55 pm

"Just spontaneous?" He asked sighing. When was Kyle going to just settle down? And learn a lesson or two. "If you are pregnant, you and re going to tell Kyle, right?" She didn't seem like the type of girl to go and get an abortion,but at the same time, neither had Kara and she nearly did because she was so afraid at the time. "And Kyle was with Kara, and that was a whole different situation." He said slightly defending Kyle in the situation.

"Anyways, lets just prove to yourself that this is nothing more than your mind playing games on you." He said wrapping his arm around the top of her shoulders. "I promise you, it'll be okay." He said as they walked to a check out. If anyone said anything, he was sure to give them a piece of his mind. "And if you are pregnant, then we'll go get you to a doctor or something." He offered her knowing she'd need someone else to talk to other than himself. "Mrs. Matthews is even pretty good with stuff like this. She won't hate you, but she'll help you with how to tell Kyle."

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Emily looked at Andrew and smiled softly. He really had turned out to be a good friend. She frowned when he asked if she was going to tell Kyle. "I don't know Andrew. I didn't even think about the possibility of getting pregnant. He lost Kara, the baby, and Kaity all really fast. To tell him, if I do end up being pregnant, that I am, I don't know what it will do to him. He's so protective, especially since he's lost so much. I'm just really scared." Emily said quietly.

She managed another smile as he wrapped his arms around her. She nodded her head and walked with him to the check out. She was glad to have Andrew to be able to talk to. She felt rather embarrassed as she set the pregnancy test on the counter and the check out boy gave her an odd look before placing the item in a bag and ringing it up. "I don't think I could tell Mrs. Matthews. I made a promise to myself I would do that sort of thing until marriage, and now that I have broken that promise, I don't know what to do." She said as she paid for the test.

Emily turned to look at Andrew. "Thank you." She said before she began to walk to the public restroom. She couldn't wait until there was a more private setting, she had to find out now. Emily walked into the bathroom, leaving Andrew behind. She came out 10 minutes later with an extremely pale face as she slumped against Andrew, the test in her hand.

"Positive." Was all she said.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:31 pm

"I know he's lot a lot, and I know this will upset him. That's just how Kyle is. I also know that he loves you to death, and that he'll figure something out for both of you." He said reassuringly as they stood in line. As the boy gave Emily a look, Andrew simply stared back, feeling rather protective of the girl. "Don't worry." He said softly, rubbing her back. "And let's worry about what to do once you find out." He felt like they were worried about nothing.

He waited patiently for Emily outside the bathroom, and it was while before she returned, and from the look on her face, he knew. "Oh, sweetie." He said holding her close to his chest, rubbing her back up and down. "It'll be okay." He said playing with a few strands of her hair. "Now, do you want to go on a drive to clear your head? Or to a doctor. It's up to you?" He said as he quietly held her close, letting her feel any emotion she wanted to.

"And it's safe with me, no one will know until you decide to tell them. If you decide to tell them."

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Emily wanted to break down in Andrew's arms. She felt completely and utterly lost. She wanted to cave, to sob, to scream, just anything. She took in a shuddering breath as he rubbed her back and assured her things would be okay. She looked at him, her eyes full of tears. She felt like her life was over. There was nothing for her now but motherhood, and being a mother right then was not on her list of to-do's. She felt completely unprepared, and she felt very young right then.

She nodded her head as he said that the knowledge of the baby was safe with him. "Thank you Andrew." She mumbled before she sighed. "Will you take me to the doctor, I want to make sure the baby is okay." She said quietly.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby equinestylex3 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:07 pm

Andrew looked at her and nodded. "Of course I'll take you to the doctor, and anything else you need." He offered right away, knowing this was hard for her to do. "Then maybe the doctor can give us some suggestions on how you can tell Kyle and such?" He said knowing Kyle wasn't going to take it well, at all. Not after everything that'd happened in the past few years.

"But let's get you out of here." He said noting how many people were looking at the embraced teenagers oddly. He took her out to the truck, arm still wrapped around her protectively as he drove her to the local clinic knowing that was the only place they'd get in right away. "You okay?" He asked, nervous she was about to break down or something. "We can call Kyle if you want to, or something." he offered.

equinestylex3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Emily was so grateful for Andrew right then, and to her, he was a perfect saint. She smiled weakly as he said he was willing to help her with anything. That meant a lot to her. "I don't know," she sighed. She really didn't know. She wasn't sure if she wanted to tell Kyle, or if she'd keep the baby, or if she was even going to stay around now.

She let him guide her out to his truck. She knew if Kyle spotted them he'd take it the wrong way, but she knew there wasn't a chance of that. The only thing in her mind was his reaction to the news. "I don't think I am Andrew. My life isn't going to go the way I thought it would." She looked out the window dismally. She looked over at him, her eyes panicked. "No, please, I don't want to tell Kyle." She was obviously distraught at the thought. She wanted Kyle with her, more than anything, but she knew that it would take more than a few minutes to get over the news and to accept it. She was glad she had Andrew to help her right now, until she could tell Kyle.

They arrived at the clinic in good time and there was barely a wait before the doctor could see them.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!