Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New here; looking for an RP to join.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

New here; looking for an RP to join.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Legendary Waveman on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:28 pm

It would probably be best to just read my profile's biography, but I'll add a few additional details here: You can call me Mikael, I'm 25, married, and don't really like young hyper kids who can't sit down and focus. Granted, I've been one myself, but in hindsight, I feel disgusted and embarassed. I know that not all kids are like that, whose rare company I can easily enjoy. I prefer properly written English (and am always looking to improve my grammar, spelling, and repertoire of archaic rarely-used words). I'm not really daunted by reading long posts (or making them), but I do understand the need to be concise and understandable with my posts, which is something I haven't always been keen to. Anyway, nice to meet you all, and I look forward to collaborating. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Legendary Waveman
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: New here; looking for an RP to join.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:57 pm

Welcome to Gateway! We've got a good community here and we're always glad to welcome new people who make it better.

What genre/type of RP do you enjoy? I might have some suggestions for you that would fall in the realm of a more adult -- not in the content, but the more age and maturity of the players -- that some of the other games here. Let me know!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Legendary Waveman on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:18 am

Thank you, Jag. Hey, I actually used one of your guides tonight (the Horizontal/Vertical Posting one). It was very helpful. Um, I'm mostly used to alternative-earth-history fantasy settings, set in the 1700s and no later, with primitive guns, for example. I've RPed in a few sci-fi settings, but they ended up being too technical-minded even for me; in other words, information overload! I've also joined RPs for the sole reason of just being there to support the GM and using whatever kind of character fit the genre. I enjoy creating characters for the heck of it (let's just call it practice) and then looking for RPs to 'drop them in'; however, I don't usually roleplay in more than two stories at a time. I hope my answer is adequate enough to help you find suggestions for me.

I have a question, though. As of now, my schedule permits me to do my internet stuff, which would include submitting my posts, once or twice a week, sometimes more if I'm lucky. So, is that going to be a problem? I mean, I guess I should join a slower-paced RP... it makes me nervous to join an RP and later discover I'm way, way behind because people post hourly and/or daily.

Legendary Waveman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:03 am

That won't be a problem for a massive number of the Tab-based games here on Gateway. That's a PERFECT rate for many of the games I GM since we all have lives and I'm not the kind of person that can post several times a day.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Legendary Waveman on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Well, that is a relief, thank you, Jag. I guess I'll go take a look around when i have time, but if you have any suggestions for me, feel free to PM me. Later.

Legendary Waveman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:23 pm

*Explodes into the room through a redundantly fiery blue portal of blue fire and redundancy*

Well hello there Mikael, and welcome to Gateway.

I see you're already hitting it off with one of our Admins. This is good. Very good indeed

Anywho, I hope you enjoy your stay here. If you're ever in need of help, don't hesitate to ask Jag or myself, or any other staff member for that matter.

Tah tah for now. I'm certain I'll see you around~

*Explodes*
Hello, friends...

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeonFettel on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:51 pm

Hello there! I'm newish too. I had a previous account but I lost the information to it.
Anyways...Going for a kind of literate story here, my roleplay The Following may or may not interest you. It's generally going to help me build a plot for a future graphic novel to be published, so it's gotta be a bit sensible, you know? Not elementals and fantasy, though those can be fun too.

ANYWAYS, end rant, i'm Leon, nice to meet you, and hope you have fun!

LeonFettel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!