Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New Loves:Old Flames (OOC/Sign Up)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

New Loves:Old Flames (OOC/Sign Up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:43 pm

The heart is a funny thing, it has a way of making you want something, or someone you would have never expected to. It almost never listens to the rational part of your brain, or the irrational part of your pants. Instead it prefers to do it’s own thing and even though that can tear us apart inside sometimes we welcome the feelings of love that the heart brings simply because 99% of the population is in love with being in love.

A lot of people out there will date others and fall in love eventually, and then something happens, an argument, a disagreement, cheating, lying, something, and all they knew is gone. Sooner or later they will move on but you never really forget someone you once loved. Some thoughts, things, are connected to them making them an inkling in your mind constantly present in the back of your thoughts.

For a few lucky people, or rather unlucky, they have all moved on with the lives and found someone else they wish to share their lives with. All of them are either on the verge of engagement or have taken that big leap of faith and have a happy day set up in the future, so in the midst of June they have all decided to go one a three week long cruise sea voyage of sorts starting from the United States to the Caribbean to Japan.

On this cruise they find the one other person that they fell hardest for, they are with their new loves as well. What makes things even more awkward is that all of their rooms are across the hall from each others. What do you do in such in awkward situation as that? On a cruise you don’t have the option of just leaving; you are stuck there for three, now dreadful, weeks.

Being that close to someone you haven’t seen in year that you once had such strong feelings for no matter how long ago it was, could mess with anyone’s head. What’s more, is that some feelings have a way of coming back in a way you’d never imagine. On this cruise some of the guests might find themselves torn between their loves, and an old flame suddenly brought back into their lives unexpectedly. Who knows what might come of it. Will relationships break, or grow stronger than ever? Only time will tell.

Alright these are the groups. Group one is together two, so on and so forth. Now when it comes to who the loves were that is up to you as it up to you on which group you choose. You can talk it out here on the OOC.

Couples
Couple 1: Writing Nitrate & Orith NAr
Couple 2: Dazed&Confused & Perfectly Broken
Couple 3:Dex & BlackWings

Old Flames
Flame 1: Writing Nitrate - Dazed&Confused
Flame 2: Dex - Perfectly Broken
Flame 3: Orith Nar - Blackwings

Code: Select all
[center]Appearnace~[/center]
Name~
Age~(21-26)
Gender~
New Love~
Old Flame~
Personality~
Bio~ (reason you and your old flame broke up and such)
Extra~
Last edited by Writing Nitrate on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"If I can't annoy anyone there is little point in writing." - Kingsley Amis
ImageImageImageImageImage
My personality in a nutshell.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: New Loves:Old Flames (OOC/Sign Up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:15 pm

Name~ Eric Rios
Age~ 23
Gender~ Male
New Love~ Blackwings
Old Flame~ Perfectlybroken
Personality~ Eric is a somewhat interesting individual. He tries to look for humor in even the most intense situations and always ends up making the situation more awkward. He tries too hard sometimes and can attempt to be witty and charming, but fails miserably. He never says the right thing until that moment when it really matters.
Bio~ (N/A)
Extra~ Terrified of true commitment... i.e. marriage.
Last edited by Dex on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:18 pm

Appearance~Image

Name~ Zack Fair
Age~(21-26) Twenty-six
Gender~Male
New Love~ Sam's character.
Old Flame~ BlackWings
Personality~Err, you know me, Sam, sorry!
Bio~ (reason you and your old flame broke up and such) Same as Personality.
Extra~ *Cough*SeePersonalityAndBio*Cough*
Last edited by Orith Nar on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -~-~-~- Edgar Allan Poe.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Name~ Sarah Bright

Age~ 23

Gender~Female

New Love~ TBD
Old Flame~TBD

Personality~

Bio~

Sorry, I will get this filled once the site stops crashing! Arggh.
Previously known as PerfectlyBroken.

Starbuck
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Everyone is accepted.

Don't worry about it Jaedan I know that you don't like personalities and bios though you will need to edit it why you and your old flame are no longer dating. Speaking of which, I already have an old flame but you are more than welcome to be my 'new love' so to speak. I wouldn't mind.

Don't worry about it PB the site was doing odd things. I understand you waiting I would do the same if it were me. Though the site has been working fine for me lately (last 10 mintes or so XD) I think we just had a bit of down time.

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:56 pm

Haha, it's been bad for me for about, err, I'd say two hours...It just started working, and still flips out when I post, and, sure, Sam. Lucas is your Old Flame, I assume? Haha, yeah, I saw the reservation, 0.o.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Yeah it goes all blank for me when I post and I just hit the refresh button and everything works out fine again. It's kind of annoying but at least the site is working, that is all that is important to me lol. *blushes* you make it sound dirty but yes Luke is my old flame. I thought you'd ask to be my old flame so I asked Luke to do it and I'd ask you to be my new love cause well, its sort of ironic in a weird way and makes me giggle. I'd do anything for my own amusement honestly XD

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:00 pm

I HATE DOUBLE POSTING! And I won't have my word count go down because I have to just say oops double posted. Soooo I'll post song lyrics that go with this thread.

I just want to be alone tonight
I just want to take a lil breather
Cause lately all we do is fight
And everytime it cuts me deeper.
Cause something changed you've been acting so strange
And its taking its toll on me
Its safe to say that im ready to let you leave

Without you i live it up a lil more everyday.
Without you i'm seeing myself so differently
I didnt wanna believe it then
But it all worked out in the end
When i watched you walk away
Well i never thought i'd say im fine without you.

Called you up cause its been long enough
And you said that you were so much better
We have done a lot of growing up
We were never meant to be together

Without you(x3)

I just want to be alone tonight
I just want to take a lil breather

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackWings on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:08 pm

I would like to join if it's possible :3, character sheet up in a bit

BlackWings
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:09 pm

I can move Sarah up with one of the already developed couples, if that makes anything easier. =)

And I loove that song. Hinder <3

Starbuck
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackWings on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Name~ Saray Cavallini
Age~(21-26) twenty-one
Gender~ female
New Love~ Dex
Old Flame~ Orith Nar
Personality~ She's very friendly and nice, although she doesn't trust anyone to easily. She's a bit stubborn and loves to meet new people, and she likes traveling, she's very adventurous. (i would like to show the rest on the rp if I'm accepted o.o)
Bio~ (reason you and your old flame broke up and such): (this too :S)
Extra~ She is very good at dancing, drawing, and singing. Her really good friends call her Yaya for some reason.
Last edited by BlackWings on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

BlackWings
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Name~ Samantha Nightingale

Age~ 21

Gender~ Female

New Love~ Orith Nar

Old Flame~ Dazed&Confused

Personality~ Samantha is an overall sweet girl with a great outlook on the world. She is an optimist with a realist point of view. She see’s the reality in the situation and analyzes it, then she tries to pick out the best possible out come and stick to hoping for it. After the break up she had some trust issues with men but soon that was thrown out the window when she met Zack. He lit up her world and slowly made her bring her trust out in men again. With high moral’s Samantha has a lot of hope in her.

Bio~ Years ago when Samantha was still in high school and Drake had just started college she lost her confidence in their relationship even though they had all the plans of getting married as soon as he finished college. He had a best friend that was a girl though and through the grape vine Samantha year that Drake had gotten drunk at a party, and slept with his ‘best friend’. Samantha should have realized that it was his said best friend calling her. It turned out that his best friend was in love with Drake and implanted the lie in Samantha’s head so she’d break up with him. It worked, she drove up to his college that night and returned the pre-engagement ring he had given her, a pretty single ruby silver ring, and all of the stuff he had ever given her save for a single photo of them together. She kept that..

Extra~ Drake had a nickname for Samantha. Sam, Sam. Now she refuses to let anyone call her that or Sam. She insists that everyone call her Samantha especially Zack.

Well, Dex’s character is open for a girl, so if he wants you two can couple if you want or he can couple with Blackwings. Dazed&Confused is a boy so we have an even number of people at the moment. We can start with six people if you'd like or if you'd all like to wait for two more people we can wait. I'm fine with either.

I love hinder as well though and I just thought the song suited the rp

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackWings on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:58 pm

the site is acting funny lately :S... I already posted character sheet :O I hope it's working

BlackWings
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:01 pm

Awww, poor Zack can't call her Sam? That means I have to type out Samantha? Ah, what gruelling work!!! An extra five letters?!?! >.> Lol, anyway...Yep, Zack'll keep 'er, he definetely won't let anyone named after a baby dragon take her back! 0.o

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dazed&Confused on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:41 pm

Place holder. :]

Subject to change

Name~ Nathan Drake

Age~Twenty-Four

Gender~ Male

New Love~ Perfectly Broken, You up for it? :]

Old Flame~ Samantha Nightingale|Writing Nitrate

Personality~ Nathan is sometimes quiet, and a relatively easy going individual. He use to be a total cynic when it comes to love, but his girlfriend has changed that. Otherwise though, he's an optimistic, 'Don't worry, everything will work out' kind of guy. He tends to communicate a lot through facial expression and body language, his signature look being his '...are you high?' expression. He definitely has a sarcastic side, and a quick witted sense of humor. His temper is a rare thing, since he usually tries to keep the peace, but if someone throws the first punch, he won't hesitate to fight back or kick any one's ass. Overall he's a good guy with a tough exterior but is sweet to the core. You just have to have to be determined, patient, and maybe even a little bit insane to get past the touch guy facade.

Bio~ Nate; or, he went by his last name back than; was off to college. His girlfriend, and soon to be fiance was still in high school. They had been going out for a while, and as far as he was concerned, things were great. They already had a plan for him to drive back every Friday after class to see her, not to mention plans to get married once he finished grad school. Unfortunately, things didn't work out that way. One night Sam had shown up at his dorm room, giving him back all of his stuff, clearly upset, and saying something about his best friend. 'Till this day he doesn't really know what happened, and all Riley would say was 'Who knows, it's her loss;' To which he would shake his head. It didn't make any sense, and phone calls were useless, her parents wouldn't let him see her, and ultimately, he had no choice but to give up. The worst part was not knowing what he had done wrong. A few years later, he met a girl just before graduation and they seemed to hit it off. She gave him the close to, if not the same butterflies that he used to get around Sam. She was perfect; funny, gorgeous, smart. She practically reversed his cynicism towards love, and now he has some secret plans to propose sometime during their three month cruise.

Extra~ Nathan wears the pre-engagement ring he had once given to Sam around his neck on a silver chain; He has 'Carpe Diem' tattooed in script arching slightly across his stomach; He has a tendency to wear cause supporting bracelets, such as 'Live Strong', or even the pink one for Breast Cancer; something his mother went through. No longer goes by Drake, rather like a normal person, he goes by his first name; no one realizing why.

Dazed&Confused
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:46 pm

Alrighty then, Luke's bio is up. Took you forever though >.>

Buuuut, that means Dex and Blackwings will be paired, sorry if you didn't want it that way guys lol. Erm everyone else still has to decide on who their old flames are going to be though. I could make a suggestion if that would help.

Perfecly Broken, could be Dex's old flame and Blackwings can be Orith's old flame...actually that's the only way that it can work lol I didn't notice that but..yeah

anyone else want to start? I have no problem slapping an IC up here. =]

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackWings on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:53 pm

That's ok with me, I will edit new love and old flame :D in a sec, :O I hope you post the IC soon :P

BlackWings
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dazed&Confused on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Pft. Well, excuse me, lol. Sorry I took to long.

But in all seriousness, the site is still being all 'tarded for me and yeah.

Anywhoozles, I am off to bed. My final exam of the week is tomorrow then I'm done with Midterms. Phew.

So, G'night everybody. Sam, Sam. Talk to you tomorrow. :]

P.S Don't get to far in the IC without me, eh?

Dazed&Confused
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:18 pm

Haha, don't worry about it Luke, I don't think we are really getting anywhere tonight. No one is online anymore. I will go ahead and make the IC though incase people who are online would like to post.

Good luck on your final exams hun. O.O Did I just say that aloud? Yes, yes I did ^^

By the way, for everyone else who is interested and still online. I have created the IC and here is the link new-loves-old-flames-t36611.html

I know I didn't mention this before but if everyone could at least post a paragraph I would be much obliged. It just makes things even a bit more out if everyone is at least posting the same amount as everyone else. I try not to give to many rules so I hope that no one has a problem with this one! I'd say that if you see the little green check mark down there then more than likely you've got a paragraph considering the average para is five sentences with 7 words per sentence (going on average here people) so thats only 35 words in a paragraph on average. Though if you just type of 35 words you will see how terribly small that looks sometimes XD

Wow, I've just rambled, alas I apologize.

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Laken on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Can I reserve a spot
I do not post until two others have posted in front of me so it does not turn into a 1 on 1...Unless it is a 1 on 1 O_o

Laken
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!