Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New World (Sign Ups, Always Accepting)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

New World (Sign Ups, Always Accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jamied10 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:33 pm

NEW WORLD
IC: new-world-t33168.html

Description:

Starcruisers. The StarBlazer 0A1 is the largest of these, and the oldest. It is the home of over 12, 000 people, from nobles to working-class, and is over 2 miles long and one mile wide. But that was then, and the fight for survival is now. On December 31st, 399 StarCruiser Introduction (SCI), the StarBlazer was caught unexpectedly in a ring of meteors, near an unknown planet. That planet was hell, creatures, acid fog in some places, boiling lakes, and freezing winters and burning summers. The creatures were nightmarish, 2 meter tall predators with double jointed arms that were capable of swinging through trees like a monkey, but faster, strange turkey sized beasts with jaws that have no muscles, held together by string like teeth... Anyway, YOU are a survivor of the crash, starting on the night it all began. New year's eve, 399 SCI.

The Rules:

1. I'd rather have more quality than the amount of words in posts, so please, I'm not asking for a very badly written novel, I'm looking for a well written paragraph or two.
2. There's a maximum of 6 posts a day, we don't want anyone getting left behind.
3. No godmodding (unless you have permission from the creator of the character).
4. I control certain events, like the weather, if anyone wants something to happen, then feel free to ask.
5. Romance is allowed, but nothing too much (I'm sure you know what I mean). If you want to take it to that then use PMs.
6. Not too much swearing please. Don't swear in every post, it's fine if you do it in the odd post.
7. You can create creatures, but a minimum of two per person, and try to include a good description. Also, we don't want hundreds of predators and one veggie, so try to keep it balanced.

Creatures:

Hunter
Hunters are dangerous predators with double jointed limbs, making it easier for them to swing through root trees. They can grow to be up to six feet tall and have pallid grey skin, short snouts and huge teeth. They have long limbs with razor-like claws at the ends of each finger, and can run at speeds of up to thirty miles per hour.

Thread-Tooth (Threaders)
Threaders are emu sized filter feeders, which walk around on two long, scaley legs. They have long snouts with string-like teeth that hold their jaws together. The muscles that open the mouth have become vestigal, as their is no need for them. Threaders are usually peaceful, but if threatened they have huge claws on their feet, which they can use to hack at their victim, but mainly they just flee, easily outrunning hunters.

Shadow Worm (Or the umbra vermis as Tom calls it, or, shortened, umbra)
The shadow worm is a large, worm-like creature. It is extremely dangerous, as it has a venom that is moderately venomous, but is expelled in huge amounts through snake-like fangs. They have segments like an earth worm, but only four (excluding the head). It is almost black in colour, and lacks slimy skin, so it is not as shiny as an earth worm. They grow approximately seven feet long, and have tiny, almost microscopic, feather-like scales that push them along at surprising speed (20 mph, tops), and the have human tooth size versions of these going down their throat to push food to the stomach. Shadow worms can move silently, and stay in dark areas to surprise prey not expecting something so big.

Tree Mole
Tree moles are plant eating creatures that closely resemble extremely ugly earth moles. They are about three and a half feet tall, and about the same length. Tree moles have huge front claws, used for scraping to the insides of vein trees (six foot tall extremely fat trees with thousands of leaves) and staying inside them for hours, taking all of the nutrients from the sap. They can run about the same speed as humans, and when cornered, can tear a fully grown man to shreds with their talons.

Skeleton:

Name:
Age (minimum 14, oldest 40):
Appearance (pictures are fine):
Class (first, second or third, first being wealthy and third poor):

I'm not asking for much, because I think we'll find out the character's personality and history in the RP. Feel free to add parts on, these are just the things you have to put in.
Here's my character:

Name: Thomas Edward Murphy
Appearance: Tom is about 5' 9" with seal brown hair and deep-set eyes. His skin is slightly tanned, which is an odd trait inside of a spaceship, and he has hazel eyes. He is average weight, and has scars from blade training (laserblades, hot blades that are capable of burning through human skin, only higher classes have these).
Class: First
Last edited by jamied10 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Here's my futuristic RP, New World: post913705.html#p913705

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

jamied10
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: New World (Sign Ups, Always Accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperVixen on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Name: Sonia Bennett, known to most simply as Dodger

Appearance: Image

Class: Second

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SuperVixen
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jamied10 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:31 am

You're accepted Astoryandaprayer.

jamied10
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dawn Shard on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Name: Kay Bells
Appearance:Image
Class: First Class
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*One night i lay in my bed and look up at stars and then started and wonder, "Where the hell is my roof!"~~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~
Awesome new-world-sign-ups-always-accepting-t32824.html

Dawn Shard
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jamied10 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:33 am

Accepted, I might put something on the players wanted section. The IC might be up tomorrow, if we get another member or two.

jamied10
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dawn Shard on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Ugh i want to IC thi sounds fun. I could help you advertise it or something. This seems like a fun little Roleplay. Like i just siad like a second ago.

Dawn Shard
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jamied10 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:55 pm

OK, the IC'll be up in about half an hour, and it'd be appreciated if you helped me advertise :).

And thanks, it's based on a story idea I had about a year ago, but never got to making.

jamied10
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dawn Shard on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:04 pm

Okay awesome! I can't wait! It will be on my signature!

Dawn Shard
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jamied10 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:45 pm

It's up! Link is on the first post. And thanks for putting it on your signature!

jamied10
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Muphry's Law on Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:13 pm

This seems interesting enough for it to be my first RP on this site ;).

Name: Michael Summers
Appearance: Michael is about 5'8" with dark brown hair reaching down to his shoulders. He's got brown eyes and a fairly athletic build.

Muphry's Law
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jamied10 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:02 pm

Accepted, and welcome to the site!

jamied10
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SageOfFire on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:43 pm

My apologies for not putting this up first but here it is:

Name: Christopher John Voltair
Appearance: Chris is 5'10, is of athletic build, and weighs 150 lbs. He has long brown hair tied back and green eyes. He usually carries a magnetic accelerator pistol and a laserblade. Through years of rough times and training in the lower poverty decks from growing up, Chris is an adept fighter that can hold his own in any type of fight. Chris has also shown a unique skill in sniping, though in a ship that isnt used.
Last edited by SageOfFire on Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Want me to describe it to you? Or would you like me to get you a box?'

SageOfFire
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jamied10 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:37 am

No problem, you're accepted anyway.

jamied10
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:32 am

Name:Daimyo
Age (minimum 14, oldest 40):18
Appearance (pictures are fine):Image
carries a blaster and laser firing retro fitted .357 magnum
Class (first, second or third, first being wealthy and third poor):second

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jamied10 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:13 am

Accepted, Draruto.

jamied10
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jamied10 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:19 pm

There are some new creatures up now (remember, if you want to create one, you can, limit's two).

jamied10
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel Corn on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:34 am

Name: Gregory (Greg) Redwood
Appearance: Greg is about 5'9", and has a stocky build. He isn't in terribly good shape, but he isn't outright overweight, and can hold his own physically. He has short, brown hair (always messy), dark green eyes, and somehow always has a 2 or 3 days growth of beard. Greg has several scars, mostly on his hands and arms, from various accidents while working on maintenance.
Class: Third
"Pithy and innovative statement about life."
-Well-known literary/philosophical figure

Colonel Corn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 am

Name: Jaedan Damian

Nickname: Jae

Appearance: My avatar picture is his face (I know it's a drawing, but it's real enough so you know what he looks like) He has a scar running from the top of his forehead to the bottom of his chin (Laserblade sparring acident) He is 6'4 with a good build, and a strangely good tan, his muscles can be seen through his clothing, but aren't so big they bulge.

Class: Third (He stole three laserblades from a First Class.)
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -~-~-~- Edgar Allan Poe.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JazWhitey on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:59 am

Name: Jason Webb (known as 'Skinhead' by his friends because of his near-shaven head)

Appearance: Jason is 6' tall with what could be called dark brown hair if he didn't keep it basicly shaven down to his scalp. He wears a pair of loose, faded blue jeans with a hole in the right knee and a dirty white wife-beater (vest) and a brown leather jacket. His left eye is hazel and his right is grey. He usually wears sunglasses to hide this. He seems to have a permanent five o-clock shadow.

Class: Third

History: ((just a short one)) When he was eighteen Jason was in a car accident. His right arm and most of the right side of his face was damaged beyond repair, but he still survived. The doctors gave him a mechanical arm which, although crude and difficult to maintain (due to the fact that animatronic limbs were still in their mid-stages of perfection) still functions like a normal arm and is covered in a layer of prosthetic skin. They also had to replace his right eye and his lower jaw, hooking each up to his brain so that they too could funtion properly. At his request the prothetic skin around his jaw as given a layer of stubble. No-one but he knows why.

((Hope that's okay.))

JazWhitey
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperVixen on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:31 am

You need to wait for acceptance from our GM before posting in the IC thread.

SuperVixen
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!