Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New World (IC)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: New World (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SageOfFire on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:22 pm

Chris finished putting on the fatigues and walked to the intercom.
"Help! I need a mechanic! The door's stuck!" came a voice from the intercom. A loud roar, like a feral wild animal, escaped into the intercom, followed by the person's voice, "I need a mechanic here really soon!"
"Hold on! I'll be there as soon as I can!" Chris yelled.
Pressing the button to his door, the door reluctantly opened, groaning in the process. Drawing his magnetic accelerator pistol from the leg holster and his flashlight, he walked into the hallway. The walkways as far as he could see were filled with smoke, debris, bloody remains and whole bodies. Carefully but speedily making his way down the walkway, lighting the floor and doorways he passed, he looked for the room that was stuck partially open.
This place is a wreck. I'm getting a feeling that is borderline madness and evil from this planet. If I don't hurry, I'll find remains, and something worse
Chris made his way through the wrecked hallway. Coming to an intersection, he noticed a door to the right on the right side of the hallway that was partially open. Running to the doorway, he peered inside, seeing the man inside the room with a look of urgency on his face.
"Hey! I'm Chris and I got your message for help! There's some clothing stuck in the doorjam that is causing the door to lock up. Close the door and i'll take the clothing out! I'll knock on the door when you can open it again, and it'll only be a couple of seconds so don't worry too much!"
'Want me to describe it to you? Or would you like me to get you a box?'

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SageOfFire
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperVixen on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:22 pm

When Dodger came to, she was acutely aware of a warm trickle across her forehead. It was just a small cut, but it was more than enough to make her seem a bloody mess. Other than a few other bruises, the girl’s body was intact and functioning normally aside from a splitting pain from her temples. Headaches were common enough for the red-haired girl and the last thing she needed was a little violent trauma to exacerbate the situation.

Leaning forward until the closet door gave way, Dodger groaned as she climbed to her feet. Still a little too dazed to put everything together and piece the clues of her situation into reality, the girl’s emerald green eyes tried to cut through the haze at the sound of someone screaming off to her left. As she stepped out into the hallway, the strange cloud of dream in which the girl had been walking immediately descended into the hellish depths of her worst nightmare.

Death clung to the air, sucking the very breath out of her lungs. Had it not been for the slight head injury to dull the rest of her emotions and senses, Dodger likely would have broken down from the sight of so many familiar faces, twisted into expressions of fear or pain with eyes held open for all of eternity. So much life sucked away in a matter of minutes. Strangely, the girl found comfort in the screaming. At least she knew that she wasn’t the only one left.

Sliding into the room, Dodger seemed to step out of her haze at the sight of young man preparing to attempt opening a door, the screaming voice from before presumably somewhere on the other side of the enclosure.

“Stop!” She said, finding the sound of her own voice strange. It had been far too long since she’d spoken, now it sounded odd to hear her vocal chords spring out into the world. “The clothing is right up against the conduit running along the wall. Remove it and you’re going to cover both of you in all kinds of fluids that burn to your bone before you even know you’re hurt,” she said, sliding down onto her knees next to the boy who had come to the man’s rescue. He looked familiar. Very familiar. Still, there wasn’t time to get names out right now.

“Just let me try and patch this real quick. I think I know what I’m doing,” she breathed, placing a light hand on the boy’s shoulder as he leaned in back him, feeling even more out of place than normal with the damn dress still covering her body. Her hands pulled off a manual work panel next to the door. Even without power, there was still enough residual charge in the system for her to crack open the terminal and reach in. The girl’s face twisted into an expression of determination and slight pain as she leaned in until fingers finally worked their way around a small valve behind the panel.

“Okay,” she breathed, holding onto the panel.” I think we’re good. Move it now and get out of there, fast! I can’t hold it much longer,” she said with a grimace.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SuperVixen
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jamied10 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Tom did as he was told, then charged into the corridor. Almost hitting a man with longish hair. He took a quick look around, it was hell, bodies, limbs, all smashed and broken, there was an arm in one corner of the room.
"Thanks... loads. I'll be sure to recommend you two to the captain. Wait, no, the minister of starcruisers!" but then he remembered. The crash. "Well I would, but, as you can probably see...
"oh, why am I speaking all... um. Is it prosh? Well, let's say like one of the elite. I'm not elite any more, am I? So let me just say thanks.
"There were things out there, like the hiss of hydraulics... could it just be something to do with the ship...? Or something else?"
He sighed, having gotten away from the sounds was a relief. But was it any better in here? With all of the bodies, the smoke, and the death?
"I'd say I'm probably youngest here... So one of you can lead."
He noticed the heat in his pockets, and frowned. He could've just cut through the door, but that would've taken time, and what if those noises weren't to do with the ship?
Here's my futuristic RP, New World: post913705.html#p913705

jamied10
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Muphry's Law on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:20 pm

Michael woke up with a groan and rubbed the back of his head as he stood. Amazing..., he thought. Surviving a starcruiser crash without even breaking a bone. Lady Luck seems to be on my side.... He took a look around his apartment unit and frowned. My books... The floor was literally covered in what had once been books. At least I'm alive. Michael shrugged. And I've got a med-kit! thinking of the backpack still strapped to him.

Michael walked up to the door, but just as he was about to push the button opening the door, he turned to his intercom.
"Hello?", he spoke into it. "Anyone alive?"
No reply. Then, Michael could see the red light indicating that the intercom was transmitting was missing. Damn. It's busted. Deciding to not bother with it, he pressed the door's button. The door opened about halfway. Anything to make my job, saving people, harder, I guess. Michael sighed, unstrapping the med-kit. He pushed the backpack through the gap, then he climbed through himself.

He looked at what he was wearing. Great, I'm still wearing a suit. Although a suit might not be the clothing most appropriate to a crash, Michael decided he wasn't going to care about that detail. He carried on forward.

"Anyone alive?!", he shouted as he strapped the med-kit back on.

Muphry's Law
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SageOfFire on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:25 pm

Chris nodded.
"Well you're welcome. It was more thanks to the miss here though." He said as he gestured to her.
I remember her somewhere. Maybe the Grand Hall? Anyways she must have been unconcious through reentry. That dress does look good on her though....
"My name is Christopher, but call me Chris. And yes I know about the hissing noises. They did sound like hydraulics.....but different. Either way, we should have any weapons we have out. Also look for more survivors if there are any, and we'll need provisions. I don't know about you two, but I can't stand the death and carnage all around here."
Walking towards the intersection of the hallways, he glanced around.
"If I remember correctly, the ships' kitchens are somewhere down this way. Ready to go?"
Chris drew his sword, attached it to the belt at his waist, and drew his pistol, switching the safety off. Cocking the slide and hearing the satisfied click, Chris smiled. He was ready.

SageOfFire
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperVixen on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:00 am

Dodger quickly stood back from the two boys and watched the situation for a moment with large, curious green eyes. An idle hand rose to touch the small cut running along her hairline. So long as there was no contact the pain has largely subsided and the bleeding wasn’t a problem anymore. Her face was mostly clear aside from a smear of the blood on her forehead and a smudge of oil on her left cheek. It was a face Dodger was used to seeing in the mirror and one that didn’t match with the attire she found herself still stuck with for now.

“Any reason for getting out of here is a good one for me,” she fired back in response to Chris. A sharp glare kept track of the pistol, the girl’s posture changing immediately at the moment that the young man drew the weapon and made it ready for fire. She wasn’t used to being around firearms in any capacity, but it seemed that the boy was more than capable with the thing. Just remember that he’s one of the good guys, kid, she assured herself silently before taking another step away from the panel and the now-open door.

“Tom, Chris,” she said, speaking each of their names slowly as eyes fell onto each one with a definite nod. “Dodger,” she offered as he only identification for the time being, hands clasping in front of her waist while a bottom lip jutted out, blowing up sharply to free her face from a few loose bangs of red hair that had fallen out of place. Then again, there wasn’t much that was in place in their world anymore.

“What happened and where are we now? There’s got to be someone left from the command crew, right? Someone that can get us back?” It was clear that the girl was finally starting to let the gravity of their situation begin to sink in.

SuperVixen
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jamied10 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:59 am

Tom finally noticed the cut on Dodger's head, and remembered the pain of his ribs. He had forgotten about it when he was outside, wanting to get away from whatever was making those noises. A hiss came again, this time quieter than before, probably because he was inside the ship, and it made him shudder. There was something wrong about those noises, perhaps it was that they got lower towards the end, or that there was a small hint of it being organic, whether the ship or something else, he didn't like them.

"We're near the amplus rutilus, largest star in the known universe (which I have to admit, we don't know much of), the nearest ships are the twins, but they're not exactly known for landing smoothly, and their docks are empty. I'm not sure where any others are, but I do know that Magnutrabos, an explorer cruiser, is a few galaxies away. That leaves us here for... about two-three months. And I saw that the ship split, most of it smashed a long while away, and that part had the engines and the hangar. I think this is some of the northern part that we're standing in now... Yeah, I'm ready, Chris."
Tom grabbed the blade from his pocket and switched it on, it's light illuminating the place even more. A movement. There was a singular window near the door to Tom's house unit and something moved out there, like a cross between a hairless ape and a scaley wolf flashed past. Only the silhouette was visible, and if the window could withstand a supersonic crash with only a crack, it could hold if the thing attacked it.
"The sooner we get out of here, the better. And Dodger, you're head's bleeding, are you okay?"

jamied10
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Muphry's Law on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:42 pm

"I guess not...", Michael mumbled as there was no answer. He was starting to get anxious, mostly because of the unnatural hissing. I'm not a big fan of this mist, either, he thought and slowly started walking forward. After about a minute of walking, he found himself in a slightly wider corridor. He did a double take. What he found in the corridor was carnage. Dead bodies were spread out throughout the length of the pathway. Michael could recognize most of the faces. Most of these were my patients...

I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about this... Michael frowned. He started making his way through the horrible scene, shooting nervous glances around the corridor. There was another hiss. That is definitely not mechanic. Suddenly, towards the end of the corridor, he saw something light up further down the corridor. Hey, is that one of those laserblades? He squinted, trying to identify the light. It must be!

Reaching into one of the sidepockets of the med-kit, he pulled out a device similar to a laserblade. It was a laser bonecutter, used for amputating limbs. Michael switched the bonecutter on and it emitted a light similar to the one up ahead.
"Over here!", he yelled, waving the bonecutter above his head.

Muphry's Law
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jamied10 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:17 pm

A few moments after Tom said those last words a light flashed on up the corridor, it was the light of some sort of laser, perhaps a laserblade? No, different. And then he heard the wielder shout:
"Over here!"
"There are three of us over here, too! One of my colleagues," he glanced at Dodger, and noticed the cut on her head had stopped bleeding a while ago. "Doesn't matter, she looks alright. You're a doctor right? Usually people don't just carry around bone-cutters. If you are (which I hope) I've probably got a couple of broken ribs."
He looked through the smog and made out a silhouette, of a man. He turned to the two he had just met. "C'mon, then guys. We'd better go and meet the new member of our unfortunate group. And I hope you don't take 'unfortunate' as you being unfortunate, because our group isn't unfortunate, but we're not unfortunate as individuals... The way that the group was formed was unfortunate... remind me never to say that phrase again, the phrase: 'Our unfortunate group'... It'll probably just get me into trouble."

jamied10
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:35 pm

Coming to an intersection of hallways, he said the others, "Who was driving this thing, they really, really suck." he said, cracking his neck. Thinking of his family, he wish he talked to them before he left. 'To late now.' he thought somewhat monotoned.

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SageOfFire on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:05 am

Chris looked on and chuckled at Tom flustering over the sentence.
"Hey don't worry! It's completely fine."
Turning towards the newcomer's voice, he answered back.
"We're definitely in need of a doctor, so thats great. Right now we're gonna get some food and weapons. Weapons for whatever seems to be outside the ship, also as well inside. If it'll explain the random hissings and movements that is."
Chris attached the mini flashlight to his pistol and pointed it down the hallway to the right. A shadow moved abruptly further down.
That's definitely no person. We're gonna have to move and soon.
Well, I know some of us are more injured than others, but we need to keep moving. When we get to a safe area I'm all for the healing, but right now it's a little too dangerous, don't you agree?"

SageOfFire
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Muphry's Law on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:26 am

"Yeah, I'm a doctor!", Michael shouted to the group. "I'm coming over now!"
He turned the bonecutter off and stuffed it back in the sidepocket of the med-kit. Yes! Surivors, finally! he thought as he approached the threesome. Michael could now clearly see the three figures. There were two young men, one holding a laserblade, the other holding a pistol. The third person was a red-haired girl in a dress.
"Good to know I'm not the only one guilty of the transgression of being over-dressed for impending doom", Michael said, gesturing towards the girl.
"Anyways, I'm Michael", he continued. "And I'll take a look at your injuries as soon as we get somewhere safe."
There was another hiss.
"And getting somewhere safe is of great importance right now."

Muphry's Law
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jamied10 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:08 pm

"Yeah, I completely agree." said Tom. Glancing at the window to make sure nothing was there. But something was there. Staring straight at him with it's three small black eyes, yellowish saliva dripping from it's maw. "Oh, damn. There's something in the window." he stood there, completely still for a second, staring at the creature, and it did the same. It prepared for a leap, it's head semmed further back than before, like it was pulling itself backwards. It launched. And a milisecond later it hit the window, a loud thud. As it recovered it let out a shriek, something incredibly loud that would attract others of it's kind. Was this a pack animal?

That made him think about his mother: Elisabeth Murphy, formerly Dene. She had been a top alienologist, studying the animals from home. Identification was her speciality, judging whether or not someone had discovered a new species. Thinking about her made him think about his dad, too. Leonard Murphy, inventor of the Murphy plasma engine (or MPE). A loud hiss brought him back to the situation.
"I think we'd better get moving. Now." and with that he began to walk forwards into the swirling smog.

jamied10
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SageOfFire on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:06 pm

Chris heard the boom, and looked at the window. A creature that he had never seen before stood in the window. A shiver went down his spine.
That thing looks malicious. If we have to deal with more of these things, we're in for a world of hurt.
Chris turned back to the others.
"Yeah I agree with you. We should go now. So miss, you seem to know about this ship a whole lot more than we do. Where do we go from here?"

SageOfFire
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jamied10 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:32 am

Tom looked round.
"The kitchens, probably?" he suggested, firmly holding the hilt of his laserblade. He took another step without looking, and slipped on a necklace. He was flying through the air for a moment, then hit the ground with a thud that echoed off of the metal. If any of those... things had broke in, they would've heard that, if not the voices. "I think we'd better keep moving, so that they don't track us or anything. Like Earth hunters... I mean, predators. Hm... that seems a good thing to call it for the moment, before we get a scientific name: The hunter." He said the last half while pulling himself up, and rubbing his ribs as if it would stop them hurting.

jamied10
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JazWhitey on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:14 am

Jason woke with a start. He looked around the small, shabby apartment trying to focus his vision. Something wasn't working because his vision was still partially fuzzy on the right side. His eye must've been knocked out of whack. He tried to sit up but something pinned him down. He looked over to his right and saw that part of the wall had caved in, trapping his arm. He tugged several times and then, with a tremendouc yank managed to pull his arm free. The prosthetic skin was shredded and he could see the mechanics of his animatronic arm. They were leaking oil.

"Crap... I'd better find a repair kit fast."

He got to his feet and banged his head against the ceiling. It too must have been caved in. Then he remembered the crash. He and his friends hadn't gone to the big party. They wouldn't have really been welcome, what with being third class citizens. They'd all decided to have their own party. Then he saw the bodies. Everyone was dead. John looked himself over and noted that he was covered in blood and oil. He sank to his knees and for a few moments was wracked with sobs.

"Pull yourself together man! This isn't the time to grieve, we can do that later."
"You're right... Sorry Mack."

Jason stood up slowly and moved at a half crouch over to what was left of the closet. He rummaged around inside and pulled out his leather jacket, several packets of cigarettes and a shirt which he ripped up and used to bandage his right arm. Then he found his holo-disk player and slipped it into his pocket, placing one of the small headphones into his left ear. A song from the 1970s swam into his head. Something called Summer in The City by a band who's name he couldn't remember. Then he staggered out of the room (for the door was wedged open by a body) and went to look for survivors, pulling on the leather jacket.

He lit a cigarette and walked off towards the kitchens. If anyone's alive they'd be looking for food. It was a logical place to go. Every so often he heard scuffling sounds and quickened his pace.

"Someone's up ahead Skin. I can hear voices."

And indeed he could. Jason quickened his pace and rounded a corner just intime to see a group of people (he hoped they were people) walking through some smokey haze. He called out to them.

"Yo! Could you lend a bloke a hand!? Yo!"

JazWhitey
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jamied10 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:09 pm

Tom hadn't been walking for long when he heard a voice:
"Yo! Could you lend a bloke a hand!? Yo!"
"No problem at all, fellow survivor. Unless it involves something I'm not trained in. I mean, I can deal with small injuries, but we've got a doctor with us. So.. I'm sure you'll be fine." he said to the survivor, keeping his voice loud, as if the walls would eat it away. As he got closer, he noticed that the man's arm was shredded, a brownish liquid trickling out. "Um. Michael. We may need your... Is that a bionic arm!?" exclaimed Tom in disbelief. He'd never seen anyone with a bionic limb, perhaps something small, like a bionic ear or eye nerve (his father had a bionic ear nerve, but it was probably smashed to pieces by the meteor. "Dodger. This man is in need of your services, I believe."

jamied10
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperVixen on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:56 pm

Dodger reached up and touched the dry cut. It wasn’t much to concern herself with, the slowly bleeding from the wound making things look far worse than they truly appeared. Her forehead and part of her cheek was still smeared with the crimson life, but the girl’s sharp green eyes carried an alertness that seemed to cut through the haze of minutes before. Maybe it was her chance to get involved with opening that door. Maybe it was just the fact that she wasn’t alone anymore. Whatever the case, Dodger seemed reborn into the world.

Dodger pulled up short behind the two boys as the new figure appeared down the hall. She was already weary after their discussion of hunters and predators roaming around the ship. Her idea of danger was fast moving mechanical parts or laser-etched cutting tools that could draft high-precision parts that kept ships like theirs running – at least up to the point that meteors ripped it apart and left them stranded.

The red-haired girl took a step back for a moment as she locked onto the new figure. His face didn’t seem to draw much attention from the girl at the moment, her arm sucking in every ounce of her interest. Dodger stepped forward, sliding between Tom and Chris until she stood just an arm’s length away from the young man.

“This is completely independent
No external power source?” She asked, finally looking up the inches that it took to met his eyes, her own still captivated by the idea. From the look of the dress and the way the girl talked, one would assume her to be a crack engineer at her age. Still, the girl was always dying to get a chance to tear into a new project and dissect how the world worked.

SuperVixen
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JazWhitey on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:38 pm

Jason nooded to the guy who'd addressed him as 'fellow survivor' and then looked at the girl as she approached. She stopped an arm's breadth from him and then, after a few moments looked up at him with inquisitive, green eyes.
"This is the mechanic?"
Turning his head to the left he muttered a retort (seemingly to no-one) before looking back down at the red-haired girl called Dodger.
"Shut up Mack."
Even so, she was wearing a party gown. Come to think of it, they were all dressed up. They'd all obviously been to that big do for New Year's. Jason felt strangely out of place in his oil and blood soaked clothes.

“This is completely independent
No external power source?”
Jason put his thoughts aside and looked down into the girls eyes, holding her gaze. He nodded.
"No external power source. I think the gears have been knocked out of sync and the hydraulics are buggered. You'll need to get right in there to deal with the proplem. It won't hurt so do whatever you need to do to get me up and running.
"I'm telling you Skin. These people aint our crowd. Best you just jet it and we'll fix you up later."
Jason glanced to his left again and glared, then blinked and looked around at the other boys before moving his gaze back to the girl.
"I think my right eye's been knocked out of whack too. You'll need to get a knife or something to get to the circuits."
He sank down against the bulkhead and waited for the girl to do her thing, the cigarette hanging loosely out of the corner of his mouth.

JazWhitey
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperVixen on Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:19 pm

Dodger to a moment to take stock of the situation. She’d been pestering the crew chiefs and anyone that would listen for a chance to work on something more vital, a chance to get her hands dirty with a project that would actually mean something to the residents of the star cruiser. Dodger had been dying for the opportunity to work on something that really matters and, now that the chance was standing right in front of her, the girl had no idea how to deal with the situation.

Maybe it was the fact that it was attached to another human being or maybe she was just still in shock from everything that had happened up to this point. Whatever was going on, Dodger knew that they didn’t have much time to sit around and wait for a red-haired girl to make up her mind about life. She could either fix the damn thing or leave him behind. Hell, they might decide that she was the one worth leaving behind if she didn’t pull her weight with the rest of the survivors. Get in the game, Dodger. Stop wasting time, a voice inside her head almost growled, spurring the girl into action.

“I need something sharp, a knife if you’ve got it,” she said to any of the boys standing behind her, wasting no time as she dropped to her knees next to the sitting next to the young man. She didn’t like the idea of him having a name until she was done working on the mechanic elements, so Dodger refused to acknowledge the name for a while. “Okay, we’ve got to get a handle on this leaking first, otherwise there’s not going to be much use in patch up something that won’t work in the first place.”

With that, the girl rocked back on her ankles until she was no longer completely on her knees. A hand dove down and ripped at the material of her dress, the material separating with a satisfying rip as she peel the fabric from her legs. The dress had originally dropped just below her kneecaps, but by the time Dodger was done with impromptu alterations the clothing stopped just under mid-thigh. She apparently didn’t think much to causing a seen or the ideas anyone might get, interested more in the cloth that she now had at her disposal.

“Good thing I hated that thing, anyway,” she muttered. Her green eyes began to set in on the problem and it seemed that the boy attached to the arm and the rest of the survivors faded from her mind as work progressed. The longer that she toyed with the bionic limb the less complicated it became as if he mind was absorbing all the technical workings of the machinery as her hands passed over them. Within a few minutes, with the use of the strips of rags she’d made out of the torn dress and the use of a carving knife one of the boys had found in the kitchen, Dodger had stopped the leak and brought the arm back to function. It wasn’t anywhere near as good as it had been, but it would service him well enough until they found a place where they could stop, maybe find some supplies, and she could work for a few hours with distractions or the fear of being hunted.

She immediately turned to the idea. All the while through her working, Dodger was talking to no one in particular. It seemed the girl was perfectly content to carry on conversations by herself in the middle of a crowded room, even when her close work on the bionic eye brought her face just a few inches from that of the young man in need of all the attention.

“Good lord, who made this thing? The circuitry looks like something I learned in grade school,” she said, musing at the crude technology. It was a wonder that the right eye worked at all, even before the trauma that had caused the injury. “I think thing should getting things back up and running for now,” she said, leaning in even closer to put her eyes as close to the small circuits as possible. Her cheek actually resting against the boy’s forehead as fingers dances along the electronics before a satisfying whir signaled that things were coming back online. He might not have been completely repaired, but he was a hell of a lot better than before she started working.

Quickly, Dodger climbed off the boy and smoothed out what was left of the dress, aware again of her ridiculous look at the moment. She would have killed for a jumpsuit.

“Roboboy is fit for fighting,” she said with a smirk, her stare lingering at Jason for a moment before she turned to the rest of the group. “Any luck on finding some food? This place is really starting to give my chills.”

SuperVixen
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!