Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Not Even Human(Open rp)

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Not Even Human(Open rp)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Linger on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:59 pm

Jump in role play, anything goes as long as you follow the rules of the site...and you don't kill Poet.

~ ~ ~

The wind caressed the back of his neck and blew his soft white hair forward as he sat silently in the night on a swing in the local park. He pushed himself softly as he dug his feet into the fine sand every now and then. He loosely held the chains of the swings, exhaling and inhaling through his mouth. He got a letter in the mail for him reading that it would be a wise decision if he came to the park that night. In response, he threw on a white tank top, long sleeve yet slim black hoodie, a pair of skinny blue jeans, and a pair of normal slip on shoes, and headed out the door.

He didn't know what he was waiting for or on, all he knew was that it was going to be morning sooner or lately, isn't not as though anyone would care, nor did he have school tomorrow, but he would have rather felt being safe in his own home. His hoodie fell off the sides of his shoulders, and he put his hands in his hoodie pocket, his lips didn't tremble, as cold as is was all his soft skin could do was grow use to the piercing weather. He was starting to feel as though this was all a prank, or just an all around bad idea, especially with all the people turning up missing, without a trace, or without a sign of it even being a kidnapping.

He looked up at the sky, there wasn't a cloud in sight, though the stars shines, and there were plenty of them tonight. As well as a full moon. When he was a small child he loved thinking about what it would be like to just float in outer space, of course, being 15 now he realizes that its impossible,'Oh Poet, my dear Poet you can do anything if you set your mind to it...' his mother would always tell him, filling his mind with fantasies and desires. He broke himself from his trance and looked towards the sand,"I guess, it must have been a joke. Wouldn't have been the first." Poet said whispering to himself. He got up from the swing, with his hands still in his pockets, and slowly begun to walk towards his home.
Code: Select all
[size=95][color=#400080][/color][/size]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Linger
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Not Even Human(Open rp)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:36 pm

"They told me you'd rabbit."

The voice was low, sweeping, and if it belonged to a face, that face might have been smirking.

"Me, I didn't want to believe 'em. I'm sort of a sucker for the underdog, you know?"

It was getting to that time of night where shadows did more than play tricks. They danced, leapt, flickered - did merry little shows for those careless enough to be out tonight. Turning his head either to the let or to the right, Poet wouldn't have seen anything. Acenra simply didn't want to be noticed, at least not yet.

"Dressed sort of scant for a chilly night like tonight, aren't you?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackWings on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:49 pm

Leila dressed as fast as she could,pulling on gray skinny jeans and a black long-sleeved V neck, she sighed deeply, she needed to get out of that house, her mom and her dad had a fight with her because of her powers, they told her she would be kicked out of the house if she kept on being like that, she was locked inside her bedroom thinking about what she could do, she opened her window having an idea about how to get out unnoticed, she took her striped hoodie and threw it on, she jumped out of the window, landing neatly on her feet, she knew it was late but she didn't care.

She walked through the empty streets, her dark brown hair in it's usual wavy way, she pulled her hood up and placed her hands inside her pockets, she wasn't sure about where she would go, she decided going to the park, remember when she was little and played with all her friends in there, but now she was 14, and grounded for ever.
When she was getting close she saw two persons in the park, wondering who besides herself would be outside at this hour, she curiously walked towards the park entrance and stared curiously at them for a while, not sure if they would turn to look at her, she was deciding whether to go back or stay there, she didn't know any other place in which she could stay for a while before going back to her house.

BlackWings
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Linger on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:50 pm

Poet stopped dead in his tracked, his eyes scanned all around him as his heart beat rapidly, he turned around though there was nothing there. His eyes suddenly showed curiousness, though his face showed nervousness,"Whose there?" He asked courageously, he walked back to the swing he was at,"Who are you?" Poet swore he hear someone though he didn't see a person in sight. Though they saw him, so it seemed. Poet did not show fear, though he was scared inside.

Linger
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:02 pm

"You can stop shouting blindly. I hear you quite well enough." Acenra was not pleased. He shifted position in his own dimension, and Poet might have felt something stirring in the air, "We're waiting for one other. Thoryn knows I don't trust your mail system, but apparently it worked well enough on its own."

So pale, they were, those humans. Wide blinking eyes, such windows into their minds. Acenra didn't even have to concentrate to know Poet was about ready to shiver himself into bits.

"Needn't be so terrified, either. Would it help if I had a body?" The Watchman sighed, "Such a hassle. A hassle indeed."

First two pairs of shining eyes - sans pupils, traced with just the thinnest line of the Beyond - appeared about six feet off the ground. That light gave shadow and form to the rest of him, a dark and withering mass still casting about, looking for limbs. Acenra furrowed his eyebrows (if he had them at this point) and made a mental note to pay better attention to humans before their next occasion.

After a few minutes of shapeless guessing, Acenra stepped out and onto the red woodchips of the playground. He was no longer just some great mass of black with white eyes - he was a young man no older than thirty years clad in a pair of Wolverines, khakis, a gray sweatshirt and a tattered Red Sox hat. Hands, feet, arms, legs, nose, eyes, smile. Well, sort of.

Acenra needed to work on his smile.

The eyes still had that keen look of the Beyond to them - though they didn't shine with the same luminescence. Acenra blinked his eyes and narrowed, "There. Easier? Better? Don't know how at all you lot stand this."

As though Poet and the other girl weren't there, the Watchman tested out his new form, taking a few hesitant steps. He walked slowly at first in a large circle, staring at his shoes (like he wasn't sure of the purpose of laces and steel toes) then up faster as he became accustomed to this new, limiting form.

"Alright - " He clapped his hands together, swinging back around to Poet, " - I think I got the hang of this, now. Now where did the girl get to .. '

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackWings on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:16 pm

Leila stood there for a while, wondering what had just happened, she walked as silent as she could and disappeared into the dark shadows hiding behind a tree, nearby to the swing and the guy. She stood there thinking for a while, "what have I gotten myself into" she mumbled to herself rubbing her forehead she peeked through the edge of the tree to see where they were located and tripped over one of the tree's overgrown roots falling down against the grass, she cursed under her breath and tried to get up, noticing she wasn't being covered by the shadows anymore, she laid there for a while, hoping no one had noticed anything but realized that they obviously had. She stood up in one swift move.

BlackWings
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Then something shimmered in the lamplight. A glass from that gained colour and form. Red fur was painted in that met a white, thin but long muzzle. Black hands clutched at a large metal object in a strange shape. But it was wearing recognisable clothes. Two long crescents, white-tipped, hung limp as well as the arms and shoulders that the ebon shirt hung. A white T-shirt underneath with black bands around the edges, like the neck and waist. Underneath the long, almost obstructive fringe were a couple of white blank discs. The creature stood completely still for a couple of seconds - vacant - before the white was filled in.
"AND ANother...thing....." The creature stared at the two in front of him. He seemed genuinely confused.
"Oh....ooooh bugger...."

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:52 pm

"Tyro .. " Acenra tisked. The Watchman still seemed rather oblivious to the two humans in front of him. He sidestepped the pair and made his way over to the creature, "You look like hell, you do. At least have the presence of mind to step into some less terrifying form." He gestured at the slack-jawed humans, "Look! They're confused enough!"

At any rate, the shift was harder for someone like Tyro. For Acenra, he was used to such lazy drifting, even if he wasn't particularly fond of it. There in the waning night, with the cold buzzing lights above them, Acenra seemed to realize that he had completely forgotten about the other two.

"Right then." He scratched the back of his neck, finally getting used to the oddity of having fingers.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackWings on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:03 pm

Leila thankfully wasn't watching or listening when all of that happened, the appearance of another creature.
"human..." Leila sighed deeply, the only one that she had heard, wishing she was one for a moment before going back to normal. If weird people or creatures kept appearing out of nowhere she would probably have a nervous breakdown, nevertheless she stood there, not showing any kind of emotion in her face, she stared curiously, wondering if what was happening in front of her could be true, she wanted to say something but her instinct told her not to

BlackWings
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:07 pm

"What?" Tyro was confused and irritated. Something had decided to make him travel here for some reason. Be he knew who he was. Either his name had been found out through word of mouth or when his mind had been blanked.
"Are you to blame for this?" The sooty finger pointed straight at Acenra as he gestured to no-where with the object on 'this'. "I mean, I would happily help if that's what you want. Just ask! The spider things aren't necessary." He looked at Poet, then back at Acenra.
"Anyway, look at me!" He gestured to himself. "I'm a giant fox! I'm about as threatening as Paddington Bear! I don't even marmalade to throw at anyone! If I had known, I would have."

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:49 pm

"If you don't know what I am - " The Watchman rolled his eyes (now that he had eyes to roll), " - Then I guess I'm not really doing my job very well, am I?"

Acenra left Tyro to stand, confused, finally coming back to the two human children. All they were doing was staring and swallowing, but then again that's what most of them did when he first came. Towards the end with the last pair there had been more pointing and screaming and running around in little circles. A large part of Acenra was glad that he didn't have to chase after the kids.

"Good. We're all calm, now, right?" He walked up to Leila and waved his hand energetically in front of her face. She seemed the spacier out of the two. Great. Just what he needed. If he had to jump-start her brain every time, then this mission was going to get real old, real quick.

It was one of those chilly nights where anyone else might have lamented the decision to leave a jacket at home. The Watchman, however, in his recently acquired human form, felt that he welcomed the dulling cold. It reminded him to breathe more often if the air sucking through his lungs was a searing temperature.

In. Out. In. Out. So many things to keep in check as a human, not to mention blinking, heart rhythm, blood flow ..

Wildly complicated, humans were, yet simple and dull little creatures. Acenra flicked his eyes back up to the stars wishing he could just let go and assume his usual, more comfortable form. But no, there had to be sensitivities, eh?

"I hope you're enjoying this .. " The Watchman glared up into the sky, mentally shaking a fist.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:17 pm

This a low browed stare, Tyro watched this Watchman do something to one of the kids then say something to the night sky.
"What? Would it be too much to ask for some answers? If you brought me here, then I have the right to some information. Like who are you, how do you know who I am and what do you want me to do?" He was resisting the urge to hit with the item in his hand. In the darkness, there as a brief flicker of orange light coming from underneath his T-shirt. Tyro didn't react to it.

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:14 am

"Alright, alright." Acenra sighed, lowering his eyes from the heavens, as though explaining something as simple as who he was required gratuitous amounts of effort, "Sheesh. You're not even the human one, and you're giving me more trouble than the other two combined." The Watchman gestured to the boy and the girl, "See how they're being quiet and sort of just waiting for me to go ahead, at my own pace? Yeah. You ought to take a leaf out of their book."

With one last resentful glare to the sky, Acenra, ran his fingers through his hair (still getting used to the fact that he had fingers) and began a measured explanation.

"Well, obviously you're both here because you got a letter of some sort. Paddington Bear, however, is a bit more special, but we'll get to that in a second. You're going to want to ask me my name. I have loads of names, the easiest to pronounce being 'Acenra.'" He raised his hands as though conducting them, "Say it with me. Ah. Cen. Rah. There we go. Work those tired, weary little jaw muscles."

"The next thing you're going to ask me is - 'What are you?' Then immediately asking that, you'll jump straight to - 'What do you want from us?' and your voices will get increasingly high pitched until I feel like I have to snap something to get by. So let's just tackle that first question, and leave the second for later. What am I? I'm the Watchman."

A ringing silence as the last word hit the air, a ringing sound almost like a bell. Acenra stroked his chin, realizing that this human form had a substantial amount of stubble. It wasn't a pleasant feeling. Damn, but humans could be shoddy. The Watchman lowered his hand, and arced an eyebrow at the trio in front of him.

"You're not understanding any of this, are you?"

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:29 am

"What do you expect? Just calling yourself a 'Watchman' is a little vague. What do you watch over?" Tyro said, crossing his arms. "Is it celestial or are you the best museum guard the worlds have ever seen? Quickest torch in the west. Can kill a man at three paces by throwing it at his head. Oh! And lets not stray from the question of what we're doing here."

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackWings on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:45 am

Leila listened carefully at the introduction coming from the now materialized guy. He said something about no one understanding, "of course, you want me to understand how you just materialized out of the shadows like it was the most usual thing in the world" Leila mumbled sarcastically. The other guy started talking to him about his inntroduction, 'watchman?' she thought, she leaned against the tree not feeling afraid but slightly bored, she gazed at the sky and turned her eyes back to both of them, wondering what would they say next, it just gave her curiosity.

She pulled her hands out of her pockets and rubbed them trying to get them warm but failing. She preferred being here with a group of strangers than going back to her house with all her 'perfect' family. She scratched the back of her head annoyed.

BlackWings
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:32 pm

"Well, one of you sure has an attitude." Acenra lifted an eyebrow at Tyro. Lifting eyebrows was fast becoming his favorite human gesture. It denoted just the sort of attitude the Watchman usually had, "And sure. We'll put it in your terms. We'll say that I'm the best night guardsman in all of, uh, museumdom. Then let's say someone tried to break into the museum, and I'm such a good guard that I pounce on the guy. But since I also have issues listening to AUTHORITY - " At this point in the metaphoric narrative, Acenra glared up at the sky, " - that instead of just tying the intruder up and waiting for someone else to take care of him, I beat him to a bloody pulp with my flashlight, and then lop his head off just to be safe about it."

He paused.

"After that brutal display of efficiency, the, uh, curators decide to put me on administrative leave. I'm now sent to the local kindergarten to teach a bunch of spacey-eyed sniveling, snotty five-year-olds about basic safety measures. You know, while they figure out what to do about my fervor. So I can learn how to do things delicately, with tact. All this because I did my job too well. So yeah. That's it. Except on a much larger - " He waved his arms, " - Universey level."

Satisfied with this explanation (and once more not seeming to care if the others didn't get it) the Watchman stepped forward and got right up in Leila's face.

"Am I not exciting enough for you? You look as though interdimensional folks just sort of wander around here all the itme. Do you want me to make it more interesting? I could grip you right here and right here - " Acenra poked her two temples, "And make things more fun, if you want. You must be the one with mental problems."

The Watchman swung back around and fell straight to the earth. His vision was suddenly blue, and patchy. For a second he didn't know what was going on - and then he realized he had forgotten to breathe. Damn this human form. Damn it all to hell. It was hard to maintain his mysterious air as a hardened, trained soul when he couldn't even walk straight.

"If you say a word about this, I'll change forms to something that'll burn holes into your retinas." He grumbled.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:36 pm

"Right, so roughly translated, you've been naughty and now your teaching as a punishment?" His free, sooty hand is shoved into his pocket. "How do I fit in this?" He gets a little idea.
"I'm meant to make sure you don't kill them, right?"

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:15 pm

"Obviously you're just supposed to be the snark in this whole ideal. Or maybe you're just the circus freak, how am I to know?" The Watchman was in a sour mood, now. There was an unpleasant tingly feeling all throughout his body as the blood rushed back to his veins. He teetered a bit, forcing his new body to respond to commands. "By Aramei - how do you humans do it?"

There were a few hilarious, precious moments where Acenra knew he was losing every ounce of cool, slick intimidation that he might have worked for. Having passed out from forgetting to breathe, he had to spend a half minute getting his head back into normal limits.

"Ha. Well, that's over with." Breathe in, breathe out. This was absolutely ridiculous. He felt like a child. "I've been naughty, and I'm teaching as a punishment, yes. Unfortunately, you three won't ever know how powerful and extraordinary I am, because dimly in the back of your stuffy little minds .. you still don't really have a grasp of who I am."

"Any other questions?" He scowled at them all.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:29 am

Tyro raised his hand.
"Can I get some breakfast?"

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Temperance Slater on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:52 am

((Sorry to interupt but i was wondering if there was any room. And i couldn't find the OOC for this rp))
Please look at my Bones Roleplay, this is one of my rps that i want to really take off.!!!! PLEASE!!

Temperance Slater
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!