Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Not Your Average Heroes (IC)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Not Your Average Heroes (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:26 pm

"Oh wow. Did she just...?"

Dorothy put up her white shield, just in case and slowly approached the woman. She touched her elbow cautiously to see if she was real and backed away when she felt flesh.

"Oh gosh...Did you just transform? Are you like me? Or are you a SPECIAL corp thing, like Red mentioned?

She made sure her shield was powered 100% and backed away cautiously from the woman to Red.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Baby
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedHeadSamurai23 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:25 pm

Red stepped in front of Dorothy. "It's ok Dorothy. I know her." he said softly.

"Take us to him then Rosina." Red looked her over for a second.

"Rosina, why are you helping us anyway. You've never been the caring type. At least as long as I've known you. What is it then Rosina, find a change of heart while you were reading that paper?" he asked. Red was never this cold with anyone, but Rosina would never help anyone without a good reason, or would she? He didn't know what to think of anymore, but he would have to find out exactly where he alligences were. If he followed her it could be a trick, or it could be truth. He didn't know what to think.

Red took a deep breath, and a small leap of faith. "OK Rosina. Show us the way." he replied

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RedHeadSamurai23
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rwinrich on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Rosina turns around and smirks at him it was really interesting for her to help although she had helped him out with some sound advice earlier which she didn't quite understand why. "Maybe there was a point in my life when I was caring so then you would have to say that what I've been like for the time I've been with the corps wasn't like me. Anyways, they are going to the Northfield Plaza Mall at the shop called Bits 'n' Bytes in two hours."

She had to wonder if getting that message had been a good sign or not although she could have just followed them from the air but she wanted to know how Red was doing which had her very confused. Just then she had a flashback where an older woman was handing her over to some people she didn't recognize but when she saw the suits they were wearing it was enough to tell her that they were from the corps.

"Getting flashbacks is never good when your first one happens to be from the day you were taken by the corporation although in my case I was handed over to them by some older woman. Anyways you don't need me to show you the way as you now know where to go if you still don't trust me." Taking her comm off she drops it to the floor and steps on it, crushing it.
Do something. Either lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!

rwinrich
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedHeadSamurai23 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:01 pm

Red had seen enough. "Thank you Rosina. I hope that you decide what you will do sooner then later. I'd hate to end up on the wrong side of each other. After I talk with Jacob, I'm going after the corps. Hopefully you won't be there when I do." he replied before he walked past her.

"Come on Dorothy." he said before looking back at Rosina one last time.

"For what it's worth Rosina. I like this new side of you. Hopefully I can return the favor someday soon." Red smiled then leapt over the side of the building.

RedHeadSamurai23
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:31 pm

"Yes Red." Dorothy followed her new friend and bowed to the woman they encountered. She deactivated her shield and walked behind Red cheerfully. She held on to the end of his shirt like a little child and hummed a happy tune. Strangely enough, she doesn't know how she knows the tune but it made her feel cheery anyway.

Baby
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rwinrich on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:01 pm

Rosina smirks as he told her he liked this side of her and she knew that she had choices to make as she watched him leave with Dorothy. Now that she had a flashback it did make her wonder why that older woman just gave her up to the corporation without a fight not to mention who the woman was. Questions that would take time to answer and would never be answered back inside the corps.

With that she turned back into a hawk and decided to follow Red and Dorothy from a distance to make sure that if they were heading into something like a trap she could warn them before hand. It really had her thinking that she must have been very different before the corps came and took her.

Rosina knew the corps would send others after anyone who left or didn't respond which would mean she was on that list as well as Red, Leeland, and Dorothy. As she flies above them she screeches out to let them know that she is following as well as watching their backs, fronts, and sides, or at least the areas they couldn't see from down on the ground.

rwinrich
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korokage on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:18 pm

Gabes Heating and Cooling, an inocuous airconditioning company. In truth, the GHC is a vast underground government facility with labs for empowering and mind wiping new recruits, barracks for corps members, mission control center, mess hall (avoid the mystery meat) and a vast multitude of other areas that Orville and Dillinger have either rarely visited or have never been.

Right now Orville was in the medical bay, getting a bullet removed from his leg and getting the bullet holes healed by a particularly creepy young nurse and corps member named Matilda. And I mean CREEPY. Oh God, is she giving him bedroom eyes?!

R-right anyway... Dillinger barged in at just the right time, drawing the...affection away form Orville for a bit. "Yo, brohan. General said he'd listen to you when you're healed up and have an official report on how badly we fucked up" Orville nodded, uncharateristicly grateful that Matilda the creepy nurse had a crush on Dillinger's psychotic self. Feeling a small pat on the thigh from the nurse Orville quickly stood and, still feeling a great deal of pain, limped rather quickly out the door with Dillinger in tow.

"Uhg, no matter how vigorously I wash myself tonight, I'm still going to feel her stares on my skin for a week or something" Dillinger said very coldly, even though Matilda more than likely could still hear them through the door. "Whatever, I have a report to write. Knowing the general, the more deatiled it is the less scrutiney I'll be under. And don't complain I'm the one she touched. Though I have to admit she has very nice hands..."

It was Dillinger's turn to be dumbfounded at Orville's statement, and he gave his greatest 'um, excuse me, what the fucking hell?' expression ever recorded. "... I was pretending Kim Kardashian was touching me," with that explanation Dillinger nodded and smiled a bit. The best way to see Orville's mean side was to mention Matilda, the poor misunderstood nurse. What just because she's a stalker, looks like she could become a crazy axe killer in a heart beat, names and talks to all of her stuffed animals... What the hell am i talking about the bitch is crazy and creepy as fuck.

The dynamic duo set forth in their seperate ways then, Dillinger going to one of the recreation areas and Orville headed to his quarters to write his report...
What is life, or death...?

What is boundless, can be restrained.
What is endless, can be stopped.
Anything with an Alpha, has an Omega.
There is no such thing as infinity.

Korokage
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedHeadSamurai23 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:44 pm

Red had noticed Rosina had been following them from above.

"Well it appears she has made up her mind to come along." He said aimlessly.

Red and Dorothy arrived at the Northfield Plaza mall. The mall had been shut down for "unknown" reasons. It was in the process of being torn down. though apparently the job hadn't been fully done. Red pushed open the double doors, as dust bellowed up from the floor. He walked towards the standing directory. he wiped the map clear of dust, then began to look for the store.

"Found it. Bottom floor." He said as he walked towards the broken escalators, and began his descent downward.

RedHeadSamurai23
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:08 pm

Dorothy clutched the end of Red's light crimson shirt even tighter as they entered the old and horribly dusty building. She kept extremely close to him as they descended down the broken escalator. Her heart was pumping a tad faster then normal just because of the scene. She was in a dusty, unknown building and her only form of offense is Red and a mean right hook. And right about now her right arm wasn't feeling too mean.

Baby
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rwinrich on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:20 pm

Rosina followed them all the way to the mall and when she saw them go inside she flew down so that when she landed she would change into a wolf. She hurried after them in wolf form as she figured it might be a bit easier to travel around in such a from as well as she might intimidate some.

Catching up to them as she stood behind them as they descended down the broken escalator while keeping her eyes and ears peeled for anything that may look or sound suspicious. If she happened to scare Dorothy in this form it wasn't intentional as well as it could prove to be more effective in an attack.

The one thing she could never do while in an animal form was talk although she was told that it should be possible she hadn't quite figured it out although she could communicate with other animal's of that species.

rwinrich
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lord of Hats on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:20 pm

Jacob grimaced as Aeoni picked the fragments of metal out of his back. It never got any easier. Maybe that was a good thing. He'd seen some duals who had pretty much lost any connection with humanity they'd had. Maybe the pain helped him to stay connec-aargh. Nope. The pain was definitely not a good thing.

"Actually, I don't think I've ever had a problem with infection, but thanks. You want us to keep calling you Aeoni, or do you want to go by Mike now?" Jacob asked, carefully pulling the sweatshirt over his head. His wounds had already clotted, and Aeoni--or was it Mike now?--had done a good enough job of getting rid of the blood smeared all over his back. He turned to face Aeoni-Mike and Lee.

"The computer leads to the cash. You're pretty well sealed off from the internet insinde the compound, but I run TrollTorrent. Questionably-legal download site, but it's running on server-time out in Switzerland, so the Gov can't touch me, not that they particularly care. Ask people for donations to keep the servers up... exaggerate how much money is needed... it pays the bi-*hackhackkoffhackkoffkoffkeughkeughBLEUGHBLAAARGH*" Jacob's eyes and mouth bulged as he hacked up a huge bloody gob of flesh, just barely grabbing a plastic bag in time to keep it from going all over the car's upholstery. He gave the bag a spin to keep it wrapped up, and then tossed it back into the back seat, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "It pays the bills well enough. And you can thank the Gov's regulations for the lovely ride. D-Class is the best I can manage to fake an ID for. You should have seen the other cars on the lot, they should have classed as Zs."

He paused for a moment, checking the car's progress on the in-console display. They'd be at their destination soon. He'd said two hours, but that was as a meeting place. Business would come first, reunification later.

"Speaking of the fucking produce, mind handing me something? I need the vitamins, but even more than that, I need to get the taste of my own blood out of my mouth."

The Lord of Hats
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falling on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:44 pm

Lee watched as Jacob puked flesh into a bag and tossed into the backseat, landing itself carefully next to Leeland. He began pushing bags furiously to cover up the bag of blood and remove it from sight. In the heat of battle, blood was no issue, but when he was staring at it, it got to him. Especially a large bag of it.

He sighed and looked at the console, reading it as the icon moved along the digital street. he felt the car jerk again and he sighed, smacking the window. "Fuck.." he muttered, searching through the bags. He pulled out a tomatoe and an apple. He tossed the tomatoe up to Jacob and took a large bite of the apple. "Want anything Aeoni?" he asked, looking at the man. He wasn't sure what to call him now either. Mike sounded to casual, but so did Leeland.

Falling
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedHeadSamurai23 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:41 pm

Red listened carefully to the sound of the mall. The silence of the wind whipping through the in the walls. the distant scurry of rats and other things running across the floors.
"Hello." he called out.

His voice echoed through the building, but he heard nothing back.

"I guess they're not here yet." Red hadn't seen anything out of the ordinary here. He wondered if this was the right place.

"Rosina, take Dorothy with you and go look around. I'll go scout out some other stores, maybe they are hiding out somewhere else." He said softly

Red then split up from the group. He started to head towards the store. He wasn't sure of Rosina's intents just yet, but he figured if he ran into Jacob, or anyone else here.

RedHeadSamurai23
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rwinrich on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:41 pm

Rosina nods her head as she nudges Dorothy along with her to look around although she was not very trusted inside the corps she knew it was going to be even harder for those to trust her now that they were outside of the corps.

It didn't seem as though anyone else was here except for the three of them which meant either they were early or the others got hooked up or something like that. She didn't quite have a problem with keeping an eye out as well as listening carefully for any noise that seemed suspicious. Being a wolf really had it's benefits when it came down to such areas as this.

Rosina figured there was nothing much they could do at the moment after they had looked around other than to just sit and wait for Jacob to come with the others.

rwinrich
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:42 pm

"What?! I have to go with her Red? You can't just-" Red separated from Dorothy and Rosina without a word, leaving Dorothy shaking and scared."Oh damn, oh damn. Oh damn!" Dorothy tried her best to not look like such a wimp in front of Rosina and straightened her posture. She stopped shaking and turned around with a stern look in her eyes. She saluted Rosina like a soldier and forced herself to speak. "Doctor Dorothy, at your service!"

Baby
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rwinrich on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Dorothy really was scared of Rosina which actually seemed a bit comical to her, the shaking as well as the cursing proved that Dorothy really didn't like Rosina but what did it matter to her after all she was doing what she wanted to.

As soon as she saw Dorothy salute her like a soldier all hell broke loose as she started laughing although it sounded odd coming from a wolf, it was the first time in such a long time that Rosina had laughed so much let alone that she had actually found something funny enough to make her laugh.

After she was able to compose herself again which wasn't too long she looked straight up at Dorothy and smiled or as a wolf showed her teeth it was meant as a way of saying don't worry your fine I'm not going to bite or anything.

rwinrich
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:22 pm

"Stick with Aeoni for now" Aeoni replied "I'd switch to my real name but two factors keep me from doing so, One if the Government finds out about me they may start destroying all records of me before i can access them." He reached inside a bag and pulled out a pear "Second, is just a feeling but i don't want to call myself the name of an incomplete person." Taking a bite out of it he savored the sweetness and jolted when the car hit a pothole

"Hero's had to never deal with these crap" He muttered "Government that kidnaps and brainwashes people, Military armed with A-class technology hunting us along with friends we used to partner with, Jack being back, Hell even i thought he was dead, i was created after he betrayed to orgainization." Aeoni sat back "At least we have one good thing, With an actual real name we may beable to get previously unattainable items."

Orrin55
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korokage on Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:52 pm

Orville and Dillinger stood in the center of the briefing room, facing General Matthis. Sitting with Matthis by his sides was an older white male who has large bald spot on his head and a white lab coat along with a blue shirt and black pants, a tanned man wearing a similar outfit to the general and a slightly angry looking man wearing a black turtle neck sweater, grey slacks and a head set. In order of mention these men with the general were Doctor Drew (head of genetic alteration for new recruits), Commander Berrymore (he was visiting for the day to report the GHC's effectiveness to the higher ups) and Head Mission Director Darius Ceaser.

General Matthis and Commander Berrymore had read Orville's (eloquently detailed) report. The Commander wasn't happy, but then again he never is, the General was having a case of serious business, Darius wasn't happy either and...who the hell knows what Drew is thinking. "So you were supposed to be on standby and we lost, what, four to five agents? Do you know how BADLY you failed, do you know how MANY regulations you broke just by stepping in on Leeland and Timmothy's mission? Hell Orville you never even had your regulation comms device on you! We thought you were still here on base for pete's sake!" Berrymore ranted.

"With all do respect sir, they wound up needing the help. If you are insinuating that the turn coats are our fault you are wrong. They are however now our responibility" Orville explained. "Also I request that I be placed as the head of an operation that will assuredly capture the traitors without fail, sirs."

The four men stared dumbfounded for a moment before Berrymore spoke up again, clearly outraged. "You FAILED this unofficial mission of yours, and you expect us to let you head some game of cat and mouse?!"

In his usual cold calm demenor, Orville said "My track record has, officially, one failed mission. And that was against the elusive Jack while Jacob was my partner. I think that you do not give me the credit that is due in this matter."

"It's still just a game of cat and mouse at this point lad," Darius said in his thick scottish accent "you've got a lot of catching up to do."

"I'm not dumb enough to chase blindly at a scent like some hound. It will be an uphill battle to accuire Jacob's financial information. From there we will surround and capture them" he stated plainly.

General Matthis thought for a moment, tapping his chin with his index finger. "All right then, I guess you'll want Cyberpunk to lead our now five residencial technopaths in sweeping for bank accounts?" he said finally. "Yes sir. I want them to see if they can find any accounts under the name of Jacob Fomor."

"All right you'll need another pair of teams..."

"With all do respect General," Orville interupted "I will need forty teams, including the information team that Cyberpunk will head, at least five teams of trackers that can also pull double duty as sentries, three teams of direct combat specialists and as many B and A class weapons and armor we can spare to act as the retreival team that I will lead from the field on the front lines. I would also like a few SPECIAL teams to help out with retreival, seeing as how Jacob is tougher than he looks."

The four men agai'n looked dumbfounded, their jaws dropped. Berrymore was about to speak up when Matthis began speaking "We'll see what we can do. I now deem you as the head of this new retreival team. Dismissed."

Orville and Dillinger saluted their superiors and left the room. "...What the hell are they planning that requires so many resources?" Berrymore asked. "I dun' know, but those lads need my help" Darius said as he turned away to begin barking orders into his head set, particularly in finding out where Cyberpunk and Daron were so that they could get their asses back to base pronto.

===========================

"How long until out technopaths are set up to start sweeping for Jacob's accounts?" Orville asked the private accompying them. "As soon as Cyberpunk shows up. If he doesn't we'll need to start without him" the private said.

"I know that private, it should take only one to sweep Sweden. After that I want all of them sweeping Asia, they have a shitload of servers to pick through."

"...Sweden sir?"

"If I remember Jacob's taste in spy movies correctly, he will have at least one off shore account in Sweden for nostelgia's sake. Also don't bother checking American bank servers, too many background and ID checks are made in our country for Jacob's taste. Also remind them that to find the accounts of a paranoid traitor they have to think like one. Dismissed."

The private gave a "yes sir" before going down another hallway to inform the technopaths...and try to find Cyberpunk. "So where are we going?" Dillinger asked. "Looking for surfers" is all Orville said before pulling his com device out of his pocket and activating it.

Korokage
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedHeadSamurai23 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:52 pm

Red had wondered off alone. He could hear the muffled laughter of Rosina. It was eerie to hear a wolf laugh, but not completely. Red looked at all he stores. some still had clothing and other items hanging from the walls. All of them were covered with layers and layers of dirt,dust, and mold. He thought it was interesting how time could reclaim things from the world so fast. He continued all the way to the end of the walkway, until he found what he was looking for.

"Rosina, Dorothy. Come this way." He shouted as his voice echoed through the mall. He was sure with Rosina in here wolf form she would hear him. He had found the computer store that Rosina had mentioned, but he wasn't concerned about that right now. what he was calling them for was what was next to the store, a pharmacy, as well as a small dollar store, by now most of the perishable food would moldy, or rotten, but the canned, and packaged food would still be good. The door to the place had been ripped open, no doubt by Jacob. He had thought ahead. This mall was no doubt an excellent place to hide out. he could find clothes, food, and everything he would need to etch out an existence. It wouldn't be easy, but it was livable.

Red turned his attention to the pharmacy. He pushed aside a few cobwebs that had formed in the doorway, and made his way behind the counter. He found a few bottles of multi-vitamins, and what he was looking for. a bottle of Iron pills. He opened the bottle and popped five 200mg pills. Now that he was no longer a part of the corps. He would have to carry these with him, It was a necessary precaution, the more he used his powers in a fight the more it put stress on his muscles and bones. His thoughts ran back to he first time he had overexerted himself.

He had been sent after a weapons dealer. The man had run out of everything he could think of, except his last gun, Red didn't think he could have much left, and it was one of his first missions actually. The man had drawn a portable minigun. Red dodged the first maybe 50 bullets before he felt both leg bones snap in a minor fracture. He was lucky to have made it out alive from that mission. Silvia had saved him, and healed him up enough until the corps could arrive to take care of the rest. Red put the cap on the bottle and then waited for Rosina and Dorothy. He wondered what was taking Jacob and the others so long to get here. he found a comfy swivel chair and sat down it it.

RedHeadSamurai23
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lord of Hats on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:32 pm

Jacob bit into the tomato, savoring the taste of good hydroponics. He'd splurged once, and bought a few soil-grown tomatoes. It had take months before he was able to make himself enjoy hydroponic produce again.

"Aeoni it is, then. And yeah, the whole "Jack's Dead" thing. They really don't want you to realize that it's possible to survive outside of the Corps. You should have seen the panic when he went rogue. I wonder what it was like when Orville came back alone. They must have decided that they didn't want people to know too much about loose agents. If two could do it... why not more?" Jacob pulled the car off the Intercity, and steered the car towards an abandoned mall. "This was a pretty nice place, once. Then another mall opened up. The new place has everything. It even has a store that only sells linguine! I mean, I've tried it, it's good linguine, but how do you make a living selling a single type of noodle? But I digress. This place is a bit of a hidey-hole for me. Not somewhere that I'd hide longterm, but it's secure enough to hold a stash."

He swung into the parking lot, driving around and pulling up near one of the delivery bays. After lifting up the door by brute force, he returned and drove the car in, slamming the door shut behind him. He got out again, and signalled to the others, walking down the dark halls of the retail tomb.

"By the way, Lee, sorry about tossing the bloodbag back there. It's just... it's just... it's just... christ. Look, have you ever heard about what powers do to the body? Long-term, I mean?"

The Lord of Hats
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!