Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

OMG Halo 4 is announced

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

OMG Halo 4 is announced

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby general kane on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:27 am

yesterday was the announcment of Halo 4 at the E3 gaming convention a wierd screen that had a count down with a Halo theme in it , but it was first thought to be marathon one of bungies succesful games , than it was mistaken to be a new game but bungie than announced it is Halo 4 ,
join the development team:

development-team-recruting-now-t9256.html
________________________________________________________________________________

i went to war to serve my lord .

general kane the man who saved earth.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

general kane
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: OMG Halo 4 is announced

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalorticus on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:43 am

Of course they are making a 4th one. It was a very succesful game, and they will continue it!

I know who master chief is though....

Please join my new role play, it's my first here. monster-hunter-t8736.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zalorticus
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:52 am

We want Marathon 2, not Halo 4! I want to be able to frag those damn Pfhor in 3D!

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby general kane on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:00 pm

Halo 4 will be a blast 8) , krony why arent you replying to my pvt messages :?

general kane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XXXCrimsonXXX on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:08 pm

It has allready been announced that they will make 3 more games after Halo wars but they don't necessarily focus on MC any more they might focus on the humans and covies. (In other words more playable charactors than MC and Arbitor)

XXXCrimsonXXX
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalorticus on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:13 pm

Is no body screaming in awe that you play as Chuck Norris? That's suprising...

Zalorticus
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:29 pm

I happen to agree with Kronos. Halo's great and all, but come on! Marathon was the best First-Person Shooter ever. What we need is for it to be brought into 3D. I promise you, if they ever made a new version of Marathon, then even some of the most "Hard Core" gamers would be saying: "Halo? Who cares about Halo anymore?"

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XXXCrimsonXXX on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:36 pm

Chuck Norris is a bad ass he rented vidieos from my moms vidieo store when she had one (Before I was born) when he was visiting his niece who lived near by and rented vidieos from them. The niece said that he was her uncle and my mom was teasing her about saying stuff like sure he is etc then the niece brought him in. She said he was a really nice guy who didn't act like a star at all.

Now back to H4 I haven't seen any trhing about it does it look like a good game or is there no footage yet?

XXXCrimsonXXX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:48 pm

Who cares about Halo 4?

360 users are getting FFXIII, now that's news

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cheif on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:50 pm

Well The Halo games are aswome but every game's story line has gotten worse and worse the only reason there still good games is the Kick ass multiplayer.

cheif
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XXXCrimsonXXX on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:59 pm

I know this is kinda off topic but Yami-Dokuro is right FFXIII is badass looking but square still holds out on it's 360 fans by making a 13 special edition for ps3 and 13 verses is ps3 exclusive I mean I love square's games and all but I'm not buying a ps3 to play some extra stuff (Although extra's from them are very awesome) and another game.

Now on topic yes maraton would be great but halo is a part of that story because marathon takes place before or after halo people have realized but they are completely differen't I get that.

XXXCrimsonXXX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:01 pm

Leme see...

Marathon is the father of most of your Multiplayer modes, Dual Wielding, Faux-3D, Color coded aliens... And it was better than Doom, and if it comes back, It'll have an instant fanbase, and Bungie will once again be hailed as the best damn company in the game industry.

But... Who nowadays would read through all the terminals? They were a very good idea for back then, when you couldn't advance the story in any complex many via anything else, but know, you have generic cutscenes.

Bring the Terminals back and you'll get the old fanbase back, but not the newer fanbase. Or vice versa.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XXXCrimsonXXX on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:07 pm

I agree with you I think I played it along time ago but a terminal Idea would mean you wouldn't have to read story if you didn't want to and die hard fans would go back to it no matter what.

XXXCrimsonXXX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:52 pm

Bungie have fallen into the spiral of demise, they think by releasing sequels of a successful game they'll continue to milk profits but it doesn't work like that. Look at some series, they make a few sequels to extend the story then stop before they get sucked in.

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:33 pm

I know that, but Marathon is it's own thing entirely different.

Halo is not, it's is closer to a generic FPS than Marathon, which had one hell of a plot to back up the FPS aspect. You could make the plot from Marathon into a book, and it wouldn't seem odd at all.

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby general kane on Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:51 am

Halo 4 rocks master chief 2

and besides it was ranked as the best game of all times u cant doubt that , and the reason why the other sequells didnt meet with the great expectations is because thy use the same game engine again and again , but wont stop its fans to love it even if it was 2D or 1D lol

general kane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:25 pm

general kane wrote:yesterday was the announcment of Halo 4 at the E3 gaming convention a wierd screen that had a count down with a Halo theme in it , but it was first thought to be marathon one of bungies succesful games , than it was mistaken to be a new game but bungie than announced it is Halo 4 ,

You were either following a different E3 than I was, are a pathetic liar, or have mistaken Halo Wars for a sequal rather than a spinnoff.
Kronos wrote:
But... Who nowadays would read through all the terminals? They were a very good idea for back then, when you couldn't advance the story in any complex many via anything else, but know, you have generic cutscenes.

Bring the Terminals back and you'll get the old fanbase back, but not the newer fanbase. Or vice versa.

*raises hand nervously* I never played Marathon, but I read all the terminals I found in Halo 3.
Kronos wrote:
Halo is not, it's is closer to a generic FPS than Marathon, which had one hell of a plot to back up the FPS aspect. You could make the plot from Marathon into a book, and it wouldn't seem odd at all.

And Halo: Combat Evolved's plot DID get made into a book ("Halo: the Flood") and it did end up odd. Though the other Halo novels (the ones that didn't take place during the same time as one of the games) were quite good.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:55 pm

[foam]BURN THE DISC! KILL THE DEVELOPER! PURGE THE DESIGNERS![/foam]

*wipes mouth*

Sorry 'bout dat.

The series took on some cheesy space operaish storyline from 343 Guilty Spark onwards. Me? I loved the first game, the second was okay, the third made me want to burn kittens to Doom Music.

Besides, us PC hom'dawgs are gettin' S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky and DOW II.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby general kane on Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:20 pm

yeah it rules , but halo 3 may come to the pc .

general kane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MULTI_MEDIA_MAN on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:34 pm

Wow really? Are you this desperate that you would lie about this? Neither Halo 3: ODST or Halo: Reach are a fourth game. They are both new games, following new stories, set in the world of halo. In case you were wondering, Halo 3 ODST is named that for STUPID PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT IT WAS HALO 4!!!! There you go. They even said, that there is NO MASTER CHIEF!!!! Jesus Christ, you people are idiots for believing him.

EDIT: Wow? A year old? Damn, I thought that said 2009. Guess I DO need my glasses checked. Oh well. Not like I'll get banned or anything, no dickweeds like that HERE. *cough serebii forums cough*
Last edited by MULTI_MEDIA_MAN on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/New_Mombassa ... hp?act=idx - New Mombassa - A Forum Dedicated to Halo based roleplay. We would love to have you as part of our growing community. Time to bust some heads!

MULTI_MEDIA_MAN
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!