Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

One last Try

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

One last Try

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CelestialBeast on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:14 am

Ok So I'm trying to get two of my best (IMO) Rp's up and running. They never really got off the ground and So I'm posting the main contents (Races, Story, Etc.) Here to see if anyone would be interested. Both of them require dedicated, Literate RP's and somewhat large groups. Here we go!

IDEA ONE:
The Fallen: Circle of Thirteen

Back story and some other important stuff: A Realm of Demons, Angels, and Dragons. The Spirit Realms are highly advanced due to it's relative place within the Space-Time continuum. In Fact it lays over Earth's same placement. The worst of Earth, such as pollution and cars, high-rise bulidings, and other such technology has not, thankfully, come to this realm. Weapons such as Guns and Swords are the second most used forms of protection in this realm. The first most are forms of Elements considered 'energy' when wielded by a person or persons.

Races and Possible Alignments :
Fallen- The Angel like beings who oppose the Risen or pursue knowledge and Train others in the use of energies (Good or Neutral)
Risen- The Angel like beings who oppose the Fallen and any 'good' person (Evil or Chaotic)--(Can be good with special circumstances)
Brood-Dragon people Who can alter form at random to be dragon or 'human-like' or a combination of both (Any)
Daetiens- 'Demon' possessed people who take on a demon to add to their own soul. (Evil,Chaotic,Insane)--(Are very Rare)
The Forgotten- An Old Race that has been totally lost in time, so much so that even they do not remember who they once were. (Neutral)
Daemons- A race of physically altered peoples. At birth they are genetically altered to be larger than they normally would be if left alone. (Good)--(Highly Eccentric)
Cyborgs- Three specific types. Omega, Genesis, And Zero. All are former programs that were scrapped and no have memory of a past life. They are Only Part Machine. (Any)--(Rare due to being hunted)
Slayers- A Militaristic Race that is very well controlled. They Dominate others by nature but have not expanded their holdings in thousands of years. (Neutral,Chaotic)
Vampire- This is obvious. Daywalkers and Nightwalkers alike. (Any)--(one Exception. Some do not feed off Blood, But energy instead.)
Elves- After thousands of wars only two races of elves remain, The Star Elves and The Moon Elves. (Any but evil)
Hellians- 'Demons' that have escaped from One of The Nine Circles of Hell or a Summoners Lab. The lower the circle the more dangerous. (Any but good)
Beast- Various forms. Beast include anything that is four-legged but can stand on two. (Any)

Notes on Races
All races live long lives if they live them out naturally. No race is immune to an energy, even it's own, except for Hellians. They are Immune to Fire. Regardless of Alignment, any race can attack another. All Race's have the ability to alter slight things about them. For example, Fallen and Risen can alter wing placement and Hair color or length. Wing placement means turning their wings into, perhaps, the shirt they wear. Also any race that is winged can also Fold their wings in and hide them permanetly. Also it should be known that Fallen, Risen, The Forgotten, and Slayers have alternate forms which are 'Darker and more Evil' than what they would normally be.
Special Notes on each race
Fallen and Risen are every race that has ever lived or will live so they can shapeshift easily to resemble almost anything that is animate. Most Fallen have many strange traits beyond wings. Most have tails and cat or dog ears. Risen rarely do this but it has been known to be seen upon them.
Daetians Always take on some sort of 'Demonic' appearance. What that may be is always different for each one.

Energies:
Pure-The most basic form of all energies
Raw-Pure energy in use as a catalyst
Corrupt-Extremely Rare. Few have mastered it and fewer still have live through one use of it.
Fallen-Purest of energies. Rarely used but highly devastating. Main use: Unknown
Risen-Most Corrupt of energies and very destructive. Main use: Unknown
Psi- Mental Energy. Used by all who have a basic understanding of energies. Main use: Moving Items
Teleportation- Used mainly for bringing weapons to hand. Cannot be used in an intense battle. Main use: Stated
Phazing-Used to separate The Body into small particals. Person is Still visible but is mostly un-hittable. Main use: Not getting Fubar
(After this is elemental energies. Each is equal in power and strength to the other. Only mastery makes a difference)
Chaos-Dark and solid. Highly Destructive. Main use: Attacking
Shadow-Wavering and flitting. Main use:Shape shifting and Hiding
Fire- Bright and caressing. Main use:Attacking and Augmentation
Shaos-Blend of Shadow and Chaos. Main use: Many. (Note- This energy is mastered by only one person)
Water-Flowing and very clear. Easily disrupts others. Main use:Healing and Trickery
Wind-Very Violent. Wind-elementals tend to be quick and lithe. Main use:Healing and Attacking
Light-Very Bright and Altering. Main use: Stunning and Blinding
Earth-Solid and Binding. Main use: Attack and Capture
Daestra-Destructive and Pure. Main use:Destruction
Holy-Silver looking. Main use:Healing
Time-Feels heavy. Main use:Time altering (Note- Not to be used excessively.)
Darkness-Pure Black. Main use: Blinding

Notes on Energy types
All types can be used for anything except for time-altering. Time is the only element that can do that. All energies can be mix but the results are usually bad. Very bad. All Races can use more than one energy. In very rare circumstances, races that would naturally hate one another can bond or befriend each other.

Notes on Class types
Any race can be any class. If your class seems murky then include a small description. 'God' or 'Immortal' classes should be warned. They can die.

PLOT:

Something had occured that only happend once before and it threated to combine or destroy the complexity of Two Worlds. Something in the Time-Space continuum had ruptured and collided Earth and the Spirit Realm for a brief moment. Those who had control over the Energies had felt this and they could also feel the two realites combining and shattering at the same time. Something had to be done but few would step up and do what had to be done. Certainly they could not do this together. The Binding Laws Of The Ancients had decreed, long ago, that no three persons of power that was beyond moderate would be able to work together for very long. Eventually they would go their separate ways even if they did not wish it.

The First time this rupture had happend was several eons ago. Earth and it's people long ago were, in fact, once the Spirit Realm. Of course all knowledge from that time has been lost or destroyed. Except for what is in my head here. On That fateful day some of the Higher Beings believed that they could play with the Forbidden Powers and No concequence would come from it. Well, They were very wrong to be sure. At that time part of the Realms were split and taken to another time. The Higher Beings were punished and stripped of all powers. Afterwards they were sent to become the first 'Humans'. During the stripping the Realms reformed and the memory of what had happend was erased from the minds of everyone who had even some knowledge about the crime commited. Unfortunatly this turned out to be a bad choice. The ones who had taken the Power of the Higher beings eventually died. What they did not know was that some of the Realms had been taken with those who had been stripped. This small piece of 'Spirit' was passed down to every child and eventually it became very strong among the collective people. If the crime had been rememberd then the current crisis that was upon the Realms would not be so alien to those who existed now within the Realms. The Crisis being that the 'Spirit' among the collective people of Earth was so strong that it was trying to return to it's natural place. Now obviously this did not bode well. Earth was just fine in relation of what was happening in the Spirit Realms. Unfortunatly all 'Gates' had opened and began to flood the Realms. Horrible Demons and other vile things had come to raise A Kingdom upon the surface of the Realms. Then they would move to Earth as soon as the 'Bindings' between the Two Worlds gave way.

~Excerpt from the Book of Geuis, RealmWalker[/i
]

IDEA TWO:
[i]The New Destructive World

Have you ever woken up one day and realized how everything seems off? Nothing ever seems to click. It just doesn't feel... right. Even the sweetest love feels like acid rain to your skin and you wonder if there is something more. Is there? You feel the many Souls you harbor within you swirl and it makes you think upon this ever more. Then it clicks. It happens. Everything feels just right. You feel within yourself for the “Other” part of you and grab a hold of it, pulling, tearing it through the Veil to the realm of Earth. And it has begun.
----------------------------------
Okay so I hope you get the idea. Two (or more) Souls reside within people throughout this Realm (Earth). One of them has finally had enough and pulled one of his Souls through his own body and changed into that Soul. He is humanoid in appearance but some things are different.

Sound interesting? If so here's the skelly.

Human Name:
Twin Soul Name: (First Soul you realized you had. Include Alignment)
Length you have known Twin Soul: (In Human Years)
Lingering Souls: (Names of other Souls within you. Include Alignments)
Second Soul:
Third:
Fourth:
Fifth:
Sixth:
Seventh:
Eighth:
Ninth:
Tenth:
Pictures: (If desired and with links only. Please do them in order)

Characters don't need a background or bio but don't hop around with your character and his/her moods. You can do what you want with your Souls in general but make them fall into a certain pattern.

Basic plot: After the first person who “Tore” through the Veil others began to follow. With them came those of Evil intent. And thats where the problems came from. Blood will be spilled and Death will be busy.

Now just because you can “Die” doesn't mean it is over for you. When a Soul that has taken your Body as a Template dies then you revert to your Human form. You must wait for at least one more post before you can pull another Soul forward. Even if all of your Souls die you can continue on as a Human. After enough time of “knowing” even Humans can start to use “Energies”. And by knowing it means how long you have known about your Twin Soul.

If anyone is interested in any way let me know and I will Re-Re-Realase these. If not... Oh well... I guess I'll try again later on in the future. Thanks for your Time Everyone!!
Last edited by CelestialBeast on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Resident Nine foot cat is here to help! And is looking for a place to call home. If you want to do a PRP, I'm up for that, so msg me!

One Last thing! Looking for a RP that myself (Nine Foot Celestic Cat) would fit into. Thanks!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CelestialBeast
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: One last Try

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:31 am

I love the idea. I hope it takes off.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:42 am

I would like to join...though with school work and other RPs, i may not be as active, though I'll stay updated and try to post regularly.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lukisod on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:27 am

EDIT: Retracted due to civility issues.

I apologize CelestialBeast. I didn't mean to imply you were elitist or that I condone your idea's being stolen.
Last edited by Lukisod on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Perhaps we should perform a study on the effectiveness of studies?"

Lukisod
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sans Delilah on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:26 am

I'm intrigued, but a bit confused.

First, could you list all of the possible alignments?

Second, could you perhaps condense the main conflict of your story into one or two sentences?

I'm just having a very hard time deciphering what the "goal" is.

Also, are the characters are human with non-human souls within them, and those souls are of the non-human races listed?
Narci/18/m/NM
Characters: Anto Varyse
Current RPGs
Sith Empire: OOC; IC
ImageImageImage
Please rate my posts. It would be much appreciated. :)

sans Delilah
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonMan on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:09 am

Lukisod wrote:
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/rpers-needed-help-t33056.html?st=30

Ok, you've asked for our opinions right? I was looking through and i love the story line and all but im thinking maybe people arent joining because they must be 'literate' i feel that this may put some people off if they cannot write huge walls of text. Just saying :)

*Agrees with Rubywolf*

Harder still because you want a large group of players. writing "huge walls of text" will cause people to either blather on endlessly about insignificant points or step on another RPers toes. Ask for a reasonable post, which is less intimidating and flexible. Try to cut down on the number of RPers required to post regularly. Nothing kills an RP faster than setting up 8 people and have 1 not post to continue the story for 2 days because his life just shifted.

Appeal to the masses, not just the fringes of the elitist bell curve, and you will have a successful RP.

I'm interested in your story but your requirements are not appealing to me. I can't post every day, and though I can write up a wall of text, I don't have the time or the interest to do so with every post. Perhaps this is why your idea's got stolen?

-sighs- Okay, I'm gonna quote myself so I don't have to do it again: 'When people say they want lit. roleplayers, they don't mean they want walls of text. They mean they want well-written posts, to a certain extent. Thy want people to give something decent in their posts, because if someone just does a couple of lines with nothing to them, then the next poster doesn't have anything to go on with their post, and it goes on and on and that is the most common reason roleplays die, and people like you who are deciding they'd rather saunter off and do little three-line posts with no substance to them are doing the opposite of helping.' [the last line of this was more of a direct throw to the original person i was replying to, but the frustrations are there all the same]

Lukisod wrote:
Appeal to the masses, not just the fringes of the elitist bell curve, and you will have a successful RP.

Just because people would like to read more than a couple of poorly constructed sentences does not make them elitist.

Lukisod wrote:
I'm interested in your story but your requirements are not appealing to me. I can't post every day, and though I can write up a wall of text, I don't have the time or the interest to do so with every post. Perhaps this is why your idea's got stolen?

... Listen, dude, have you ever had an rp that you've clearly worked hard on, spent a while sanding out the details, trying to figure out a plot, finally getting it done, posting it up, and then seeing an asshole has gone and copied it? It's really the most frustrating thing in the world, and this sentence of yours 'I don't have the time or the interest to do so with every post. Perhaps this is why your idea's got stolen?' is saying that because people are lazy and don't want to type walls of text [which i've already talked about] then it's expected that they're going to steal the idea. -.-

And people wonder why i'm a misanthrope.
Last edited by MoonMan on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
And on the first day Man created God in his own image.

MoonMan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blaise on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:11 am

EDITED: CB has edited this there fore it is no longer needed.
Last edited by Blaise on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yawe vakna. Eld hrimner un fortha onr lovissa vara.
Bond of trust awken. Grow and put forth your lily of spring.

Your love is the rain that falls to my earth. Without you the sun has no warmth, the flowers have no beauty, the day is as dark as a moonless night. Without you... there is no life, for you are my soul.

Blaise
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sans Delilah on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:44 am

Ooooookay...

Copying the original text, and then pasting it into a new post with fancy technicolor font does not clarify anything.

I was merely asking for a bit more information, but if that's too much to provide, I'll just move right along.

I consider myself very literate, and being talked down to as someone who "[doesn't] read" irks me.

Asking for literate players does not make you elitist. Responding condescendingly to questions about your ideas, and labeling yourself a misanthrope, while displaying considerable belligerence to those with constructive criticism, however, might.

All I wanted was clarification, and I was treated like an illiterate retard.

Maybe that's why this RP has never taken off.

sans Delilah
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MistressDarkstar on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:51 am

I am interested, though I don't quite understand fully. I've never read those books so I don't understand the process of souls and life.

MistressDarkstar
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:03 pm

I'm sorry, but due to social life I'll have to withdraw, the IB course I'm taking is beginning to demand a lot more of the students (including me).

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CelestialBeast on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:35 pm

@ EVERYONE!
These are Two Separate Ideas. One is "The Fallen". The other is "The New Destructive World". I will Clarify this more in an Edited post to separate the Two Ideas and make it easier to Understand that there are TWO ideas here. I was a bit rushed when I put this up and I will admit to being sleepy. Not a good combo.
@Lokisod
I did not take your post in such a way I simply took it as constructiove critisim that should be listened to and perhaps it will help my posts in the future. I thank you.
@ sans Delilah
Please Message me with what you find confusing and I will explain to you as best I can to help you understand The Goal. ^_^
@MoonMan
Thanks for the backup. But Lukisod was simply pointing it out. I do agree with you as much as I agree with him and for that I thank you.
@MistressDarkstar
These are not based on any books. They are completly made up from my imagination and polished over many months of hard work. If you would like you can PM about "Souls and Life" wiht your questions and I will answer as best I can.
@Saxious
I do understand. It happens to all of us. Thanks for at least showing your Support of Two Awesome Ideas!

And to everyone who has at least LOOKED at my post through to the end I also thank you. It means alot to me that my ideas are at least seen and commented on by the community.

CelestialBeast
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!