Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Out of my Hands: OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Out of my Hands: OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:28 pm

So, I'm really pissed off right now because I had this great post all set up and it was wonderful and detailed and brilliant. But I guess it took me too long to write because when I went to post it, it said that I was no longer logged in, and then I went back, and all my work was gone.

So, this explanation is going to be shorter than the last one, but I'm going to try and keep all of the important details. It's based on a story that I wrote myself. The name of the story is Out of my Hands.

Ben Griffin is the leader of The Underworld. And, despite what all of the mortals may think, The Underworld is not a place. In fact, the citizens of The Underworld often walk among them, undetected, all because Ben is very careful to enforce the one rule: The mortals are not allowed to know of them.

However, the Vampires, one in particular named Abram, are becoming restless. They don't believe that they should allow the mortals to rule Earth anymore because they are obviously weak, petty, and greedy. It's time for someone else to take over.

As much as Ben would love to just step aside and let this happen, he knows that he has a duty to fulfill, because his position of power has been given to him by the only woman he ever loved. And she's dead now.

At least, that's what he thinks.

However, when she hears about what Abram is planning to do, she knows that it is time for her to come back from the dead. The former ruler of The Underworld must help the current one. With the help of his assassins, Ben must squash the Vampire rebellion and restore everything to its original state. However, this could prove to be rather difficult.

Basics
If you are on Ben's side, you are an assassin, or you work with assassins. You must be willing to kill when necessary and follow orders. If you are not on Ben's side, you are a vampire.
It doesn't matter what kind of creature you want to be. My three characters are creatures that I basically pulled out of my head with the help of mythology.
Romance is allowed, but keep it tasteful.
Cursing is also allowed.
Obvs. no God Modding
You may have more than one character
I'm pretty lenient about people I accept. All I ask is that you use proper grammar and spelling, and no one-liners.
Be creative, I will only ask you to edit if I feel the content is COMPLETELY ridiculous.

My Characters )(pay attention to the skeleton, this is how I would like the apps to be.)
Name: Benedikt Griffin (Ben)
Species: Siren. (Now, I kinda tweaked Sirens because I thought it would be cool. Like the Sirens of mythology, Ben is able to use his voice to entrance people, but only members of the opposite sex. He is also half bird, but his wings and talons are not always visible. Both are retractable, however, he has horrible scars on his back from his wings, and on his hands from the talons. When his wings and talons are hidden, he looks completely human. Cami and Cillian are the same way. The Sirens are also able to hear each other's thoughts, and SOMETIMES the thoughts of others, but only when the others want them to hear their thoughts.)
History: Ben started off as a low-level assassin. Because of his skill, he quickly climbed the ranks. When Cami took power, he was happy for her, because he didn't want the job anyway. He liked having orders to follow and being able to mess up every once in a while. It was also nice being the love-interest of the ruler of The Underworld, because he got all of the best jobs.
When Cami "died" he was devastated. Because he was second-in-command, he was next in line to rule. He didn't really want to, but for Cami, he did it.
Personality: Because Ben is so old, he is quite wise. However, he is a slave to his emotions, which makes it hard for his wisdom to win out, most of the time. Very authoritative, Ben never takes no for an answer, and when he gives an order, his word is final.
He is very inside his head and plays everything very close to his chest.

Name: Camryn Halliwell (Cami)
Species: Siren
History: Cami has known Ben for a very long time. They started out as assassins together, and climbed the ranks together. However, it was Cami who received more favor from Morrigan, who was the leader of The Underworld while she was coming up. For this reason, it was Cami who was appointed to be the leader of The Underworld when Morrigan stepped down. Cami ruled for eighty years until one day she decided she just didn't want to do it anymore. That was when she made Ben her second in command and put together a plan in which she faked her own death. She knew that Ben would be more than capable, and definitely a better leader than she could be, but she knew the only way Ben would take the position was if he felt like he had to, and the only thing Cami could think of was to get rid of herself.
Personality: Cami is a plotter. She plans every single aspect of everything before she jumps in, and for this reason, everything always goes her way. Very manipulative, she is able to make people see things her way and let them think that it was really their way all along. She things very different from other people, and can't imagine why Ben would be upset with her for faking her death.

Name: Cillian Griffin
Species: Siren
History: Cillian did not always know Ben. He always knew that he was his father, but had never met him because Ben left his mother right after he got her pregnant. However, when his mother died, he made it his business to find Ben. This wasn't very hard because his father was a very powerful person. Since he has found Ben, he has devoted himself to showing him that he is a good son. He will do anything to make his father proud.
Personality: Because he is so devoted to getting his father's approval, Cillian rarely thinks about anything besides killing. He has turned it into an art, and really is one of Ben's best assassins. Being that his father is the ruler of The Underworld, Cillian takes orders from no one except Ben, and sometimes Cami. He is also very cocky, but is able to back up all of his talk, and he does talk a lot. He has a very smart mouth and is extremely sarcastic.

I am willing to let someone play this character. However, if no one wants to, I will gladly play him.

Name: Abram Falke
Species: Vampire
History: Not much is really known about Abram. For a very long time, Abram has known that the mortals are useless. It wasn't until recently that he started to think that he might actually be able to overthrow Ben Griffin, take over the Underworld, and then take over the humans.
Personality: The reason no one really knows much about Abram is because he is extremely paranoid. He trusts no one, not even those who say that they are his followers. He doesn't confide anything to anyone, and barely speaks to anybody.

--------

Here is the IC, guys!

Out of my Hands: IC

We're starting in the morning on the day when Ben finds out that Cami is alive.
Last edited by LALAshesang on Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We'd be so less fragile
If we're made from metal
And our hearts from iron
And our minds from steel.
But if we built an armor
For our tender bodies
Could we love each other?
Would we start to feel?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Out of my Hands: OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Name: Natashiana

Age: 123 but can only remember from 20 years ago thanks to amnesia.

Species: White Vampire: Angels who feed from human emotion, but actually steal it away from them. They only eat fear, sadness, nervousness, so it could be described as when a human looses their sense of fear or overcomes their misery.

Appearance: Blonde hair cut into a spiky bob with two longer bangs at the front which are braided with white ribbon, pale skin and grey eyes with lighter grey speckles near the pupil, so tiny you have to get quite close to see. Petite and slender frame, just enough curve to describe it as female, though she hides a lot of it under baggy white clothing. For clothing, baggy white pants, brown strapped, wooden bath sandals and a baggy-ish white, sleeveless hoodie, the hood being kept up a lot of the time for some reason. Is always carrying a magic book around as she is very under confident in her abilities.

History: Natashiana can only remember from 20 years ago, caused by amnesia from forces that are obviously more to her then her father’s half assed explanation that she hit her head. However, despite her amnesia, she still remembers all of her magic teachings for Light and Air. Her abilities of Air is mostly whipping up mini tornados, slashing people with air currents and moving things from a small rock to a double Decker bus. Her Light magic is mostly healing, which she takes great pride in, not to mention bases her whole meaning in the Underworld and making shields and obvious orbs of light to see when it get’s dark. She is the complete opposite of her original Vampire cousins, believing although the humans are bad at what they do, ruling the earth and everything, she thinks it is not right for the Underworld to take the earth from the humans as they were given it and not the Underworld, therefore it is their destiny to have it always.

Personality: Shy, timid, cautious, polite, kind, easily startled, secretly brave when she needs to be, determined, quick on her toes, bright, secretly a hyper little thing, secretly bubbly. (When it says secretly, it’s usually her ‘true’ self, someone she can’t express because she’s afraid of what others might think).
Give my post a rate, will ya? :3

Image Image
Feed Me!
Adopted from Valenth

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:53 pm

Very good. Welcome to the RP.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keikeiya on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:27 pm

Name: Leyna

Species: Death Elf: An elf trained in killing. These elves have extremely long life spans, lasting anywhere from 1500 ears to almsot 2000 years. These elves are typically pale and light colored, and they also need to feed on fresh meat atleast once a month to remain strong and healthy.

Appearance: Leyna has extremely pale shimmery skin that burns easily if she isnt covered well. Her lips are a light purple that matches the purple shade of her eyelids. Leyna has dark blonde hair to contrast her skin that comes down about two inches past her shoulder, layered, and a thin strand that typically falls in front of her right eye. Her eyes are a grey color, and extending from her left eye is a blood red tattoo that swirls and seems splattered. She wears a brown leather vest over a white shirt that ends at the elbows, and brown leather pants that are tucked into flat boots. She uses two long daggers to fight with, and is always wearing a blue penden in which no one knows it's meaning.

History: Leyna could care less who does what in the underworld or human's world. She is selfish, and typically tends to only look out for herself. Leyna was born and raised like any other death elf, brought up to know that killing and murdering are what is required to stay alive in this world. She twisted off a bit from ehr parents, eventually loosing contact. Now she simply wanders, and tends to attack people if she dosent know them, which gets her in trouble.

Personality: Leyna is selfish, flirty, obnoxious, and soemtimes rude. Her mouth is what gets her into sticky situations. Though she is cautious, she tends to be rash if she needs to feed on meat. A very charismatic individual.

Keikeiya
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roll_The_Bones on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:29 pm

Name: Alexia
Species: Dryads: Is like a forest nymph and they are spirits of the forest who protect and nurture the plants and animals. They are known to seek revenge upon people who harm the forest. I tweaked the species a little bit so Alexia is not tied to just one tree but the whole forest. So if the whole forest is destroyed then Alexia will die.
History: Alexia was born out of an oak tree around 300 years ago. She has nurtured and protected the forest of Relia, although the humans call it different names, for centuries. She is associated with the underworld but really isn't active in it because Alexia stays in the forest. For the longest time Alexia agreed that the mortals should be protected since they to where living creatures. However her opinions are changing as the humans are getting more and more greedy with natural resources and are turning their eyes to Relia.
In the past year the humans have started to log a small area of Relia. Alexia is becoming weak because the trees, plants and animals in that area where killed. She is now bitter and angry and wishes to take revenge upon the humans for their unforgivable actions. So as it stands she is siding with Abram and the other vampires. She offers them her forest for their headquarters if they wish. Some animals of the forest are also willing to attack humans. Alexia could also harm the humans by making sure that farmers seeds don't sprout thus cutting off their food supply.
Personality: Alexia has lived on her own for a very long time so she tends to be shy around other beings. Also she hasn't had very much social interaction and is very awkward when she is around other people. She doesn't speak very much and voices her opinions when she feels it is absolutely necessary to do so.
Alexia does have a temper especially when it comes to Relia and that temper can make her a very scary person to be around. She will do anything to get revenge upon those who inflict harm on the forest. In the past she has even killed a group of settlers who thought it was ok to cut down tree in order to make farm lands.
Last edited by Roll_The_Bones on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Roll_The_Bones
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:55 pm

Cool! :) Leyna and Alexia are in.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roll_The_Bones on Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:12 pm

Thanks for accepting me and I edited Alexia's profile! Um yeah I totally forgot that you wanted all the "rebels" to be vampires so is Alexia still ok being on Abram's side. If not then I can change her profile.

Roll_The_Bones
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:41 pm

It's fine. They need somewhere to hide.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilencexGolden on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:15 pm

Name: Mikael
Species:He Is One Of The few Surviving 'Jokers' Of The Underworld, The Jokers Were A Race Of An Unknown Species But The Main Memory Of The Jokers Is They're Brutality and power.
History:Nothing Much Is Known About Mikael Accept He Is A True Warrior And Will Always Be Found With A Weapon Of Some kind
Personality:He Is A Brute And Is Very Evil, Hardly Anything Can Stop him Harming Another Person.
Image Thanks Mainee! ~ xox.
Please add your name to my list of people for my newest experiment: A Vampire's Masquerade (Interest Check)

SilencexGolden
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:37 pm

All righty. Mikael is in. Anyone else? I'm gonna wait a little bit longer before I start the IC, though I will probably still leave it open for other people to join.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starry_Night on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:38 pm

Ok, I have to go right now so I won't have time to post, but this seems like an interesting rp so I'll put up my charri sheet later.

Starry_Night
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:51 pm

Wonderful! Can't wait to see it.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:06 pm

Just something that I wanted to add, because I forgot to include it in the first post, and I don't feel like editing because I want to bump the thread. Anyway ...

Ben, though he is the leader of the Underworld and thus sounds like he would be an evil person, is not customarily evil. He has the capacity to be, and he is very good at killing people, but he is not allowed to be evil simply because he is the ruler of the Underworld. He has to remain neutral because he has to keep them all under control. Whether or not someone is good or evil makes no difference to him.

Cami, at one point, was the same way. However, now that she is no longer the leader of the Underworld, she no longer has to be neutral. But, since she is helping Ben, she has to appear that way. In reality, Cami leans more towards evil, but it really is just a slight lean.

Now, Cillian is very complicated. Yes, he is a born killer, but he truly does not kill people unless he knows that they have done something wrong, or if he believes it is for the greater good. Though, because he is Ben's son and is thus next in line for to "throne" of the Underworld, so to speak, he has to appear to be neutral. Though he is a complete asshole, his soul is a very good one.

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:10 pm

<Alexia>

The model you chose for her looks VERY familiar. (I spend a lot of time on fmd.com.) What is her name?

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bithack on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:00 pm

Name: Ryorm Vaulorquis, or just Vaul

Species: Elemental. He has the ability to control the four basic elements; earth, fire, wind, and water. If an Elemental focuses on one of the four elements he or she will become stronger with that element. As for Ryorm, he tends to focus more on fire and wind the other two. When Ryorm uses his abilities his eyes will change to the color of the element. Red for fire, green for earth, white for wind, and blue for water. When he sheds his human form Ryorm grows slightly pointed ears, and his skin changes color to a sandy looking color. He also grows small spikes on his knuckles and small horns that curve down to frame his face appear. The older an Elemental gets the larger their horns and spikes get.

History: Ryorm came to this world in the midst of a hellish war. His father was the leader of one the armies fighting in the war. Ryorm was taught basic fighting skills and was instructed in many different ways to use his abilities. After the war ended, Ryorm left his home and began to roam the countryside, taking various jobs from whomever. Soon he discovered how effective he could be as a killer for hire and changed his name to Vaul. Only a few people know what his real name is. He is not a bad or evil person. He only agrees to take on the jobs that eliminate those who cause harm to others and has never killed an innocent man before.

Personality: Vaul is a quiet person who would rather observe from a distance then up close. He is loyal to those he trusts and caring to those he considers friends, however few they may be. Vaul can be very calm during the most tiring of times; however, he can be ruthless and devastating when he unleashes his anger. Needless to say, it takes a lot to anger him.

Hope this is acceptable. Just let me know if you want me to change some things.

Bithack
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roll_The_Bones on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:08 pm

Her name is Anna Donne. Yeah I'm starting to go to that site more and more. Mainly because it offers better pictures for roleplays then photobucket does and also I think modelings cool and I like to look at the different pictures.

Roll_The_Bones
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sakaha on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:08 pm

human~Image
Name: Sakaha Omen
Species: Chimera
History: Born in between both sides she did not want to be in but she did not hate humans at all. Her family was killed because it was a mixed on both sides.
Personality: Hyper, easily bored and confused, obedient, and caring.
Last edited by Sakaha on Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sakaha
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starry_Night on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:35 pm

Name: Margaret Vole
Species: Half Human, Half Vampire
History: Margaret was born to a human mother and vampire father. She had kept quiet about such things, fearing that she would be banned and/or isolated from both the human and under worlds. During the time the vampires began to rebel, her father and mother died. She had made a self-frightening assumption that they had been killed by a single person who had confirmed their small secret. Upon that time, she adopted a new name, Margaret Vole, in attempt to hide her and her parents' identity.
Personality: Margaret is a rather quiet and distant person, seeming timid the first time she is met. Still, her opinions never cease to be heard. Her affections always appear to be engulfing her mind, taking control of her words and actions. Even so, when such things aren't occuring, Margaret uses all of her intelligence to make decisions.
Last edited by Starry_Night on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Starry_Night
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:39 pm

Sakaha, it's fine that you want to be half cat, half vampire, but there are a few things I would like to know first.

How does that come about? Vampires mating with cats seems like a little farfetched. If you can come up with a name for this creature besides vampire, that'd be wonderful, especially if you don't want to be on Abram's side. Vampires are rebelling.

And also, the cat ears are fine, I guess, but you must remember that she has to have them hidden most of the time. It's very important that she has a human form.

<Margaret>

Very good, I would just like to confirm that since your character is half-vampire, she is on Abram's side.

<Vaul>

In!

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LALAshesang on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:50 pm

OK, guys, I'm about to get this thing started. Everyone except Sakaha may start posting once I put up the IC, and I will post a link once it is ready.

(And I'm not trying to single you out, Sakaha, so don't worry. Your character just needs some tweaking before we get started.)

LALAshesang
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!