Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Outcasts (IC)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Outcasts (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:37 am

Story

Far into the future, mankind has turned the whole world into one big city. This in effect has caused major problems with the nature and weather, and has also helped the increase in crimes. Now, Earth gets its reasources from other planets, while thier home planet remains as their capital. But this story isn't about the worlds economy, but about a group of people which are in it at this point.
As the years have gone by, some humans have begun to be born with genetic differences. Some grew up with strange abilities, while others with odd features on their bodies. These people have been labled as an outcast breed of humans, but no one knows why this has been happening. Some think its the fall of the worlds nature by turning the planet into a whole city, but whatever the reason it it has happened. People look down on these "Outcasts", calling them freaks and making their lives terrible. It was only natural that they would end up becoming rebelious and cause trouble.
But the question it, What will happen when all of these Outcasts end up going against the goverment itself? Lets find out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sykes walks down a road within the endless city. Being an "Outgast", as they call him, the normal people just look at him as he walks by. His animal like eyes, weren't that hard to not notice. Annoyed by the eyes looking at him, he heads to a more darker part of the city, where is said other slike him are around. He looks around for abit and doesn't see anyone for a while. "Hmph, did the normals wipe them out or something?" He finally makes a turn and sees the street with some of them. They each had a different look about them and were all in their own little groups. He begins to walk pass them, looking at the place as he went.
~The closer you get to the light, the stronger your shadow becomes~

Inspiration Music for my RPs
Fairy Tail - Dragon Force
The Legend of Spyro - Valley of Avalar
Iji - Tor Battle
The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki SC Back to your Friends

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Outcasts (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:48 am

It was pointless, wasn't it? Trying to find a place to fit in somewhere where she obviously didn't belong. She had figured that one out not so long ago, and so was in search of others like herself where she thought that she had a higher chance of finding people that would accept her for who she was, accepting her odd gift as well. She looked pretty normal, except for the odd hair colour that didn't seem to match any natural hue, though she never touched hair dye in her life.
She sat alone, in the street full of people like herself, simply gazing around, wondering who to approach first, wondering if she had the courage to talk to people that could just reject her at first glance. She didn't want rejection, not after being cast away from those she used to call friends.

Thinking of you, wherever you are.
We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Valor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:55 am

Sykes continues to walk down the street of this part of the city. As he went on, he noticed a girl sitting on the street aby herself. "Guess thats a good place to start talking I guess." He walks over to her and sits down next to her. "Hey, why are you by yourself over here?", he asks her as he noticed she was the only one that was alone that he has seen so far.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:01 am

Her gaze wandered to the boy that had distracted her from her thoughts, hearing his question of why she was sitting alone. She was tempted to read his mind, see what his first impressions of her were, to see if she had some chance of making a friend in him. But she held back, knowing that it would be a rude thing to do, instead choosing to simply answer his question.
"I'm kinda new around here," She said quietly, her gaze wandering from the male as she spoke, "I was just thinking about who to speak with first, there are alot more people here than I had first expected..." She continued, looking back at the boy with a small frown. "How come you're on your own?" She asked, realising he had not come from any of the groups in the area.

Valor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:06 am

He grins, showing his sharp teeth alittle. He didn't mean to, but it couldn't be helped. Plus he found someone that was in the same situation as him. He then answers her question, "I just came by here myself. So I guess we're on the same boat." He then reaches his hand out to har and finishes, "My name's Sykes. Whats your?"

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:18 am

Nym saw the flash of his sharp teeth, guessing that the teeth were part of his reasons for outcasting. She smiled weakly as he reached out, declaring his name to her. She gently took his hand, holding her small smile as she replied,
"I'm Nym."

Valor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:25 am

He noticed her looking at his teeth and stops grining to stop showing them to her, they might be bothering her or something he thought. He then shakes her hand and then lays back on the floor. He looks up at the dark city sky and then looks at her, "So, what can you do that others hate you for? If it's not to much to ask."

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:36 am

Nym watched as Sykes lay himself on the floor, glancing up at the sky that he looked at before looking back down at him as he asked her another question.
"I can, read minds, see memories, invade people's thoughts. People thought I was crazy when I was able to tell them their deepest darkest secrets, and so I was outcasted like the rest." She explained with a sigh. "So those teeth, they must be part of the reason why the others dislike you..." She added, placing a small smile on her face to show that she was not bothered by them.

Valor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:44 am

He smirks once he saw the it wasn't a bother and he yawns to show them more and then says, "Well, its true its part of it. Some goes for these eyes." He points at his animal like eyes and then says, "I also seem to have animal like relfexes. Guess I'm part animal or something." He demonstrates by quickly leeping off the ground and onto his two legs. "Once people saw how I looked and how I can move around, that kind of got me dumped out into the streets."

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:51 am

Nym watched as he leapt from the ground, landing on two feet, smiling as she was impressed by the movements he made. Hearing that he had been dumped on the streets, a small frown appearing on her face,
"I guess we really are on the same boat..." She said quietly, her gaze wandering from Sykes to the floor.

Valor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:54 am

He then looks at her and says, "What are you so sad about? If you ask me, none of us need those people that left us behind. If their so freaked out by a slight difference between them and another person, then they could rot for all I care." He then sits back down where he was at, with his legs crossed.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:59 am

"I guess, I'm sad because nothing's going to be the same again..." She said quietly. "But, it's a chance for something new, with others that went through the same as me, so it can't be all bad, can it?" She continued, watching as Sykes placed himself back on the bench, feeling rather dumb for having become so down for a few moments there.

Valor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:05 am

He then looks at her as she looked alittle depresed and then says as he looks the other way, "It's not your fault, I guess I should have thought bafore I spoke out there."

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:19 am

"It's not like you knew how I'd react - you can't be blamed either." Nym replied, not wanting Sykes to make himself feel bad for something he had said when she had just over-reacted a little bit. She sighed lightly, her gaze wandering up towards the sky, "Now... what to do?" She said quietly, wondering where to go next.

Valor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sammie Spitz on Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:59 pm

As scary as this part of town looked to most people, April found herself quite at home here. The normal people stayed away from it because of all the "outcasts". It meant she didn't need to keep a constant eye on her feet or make sure her skirt and everything else was in place. She'd learned the hard way a while back, when she walked up a set of stairs and someone had caught sight of one of her hooves. What followed still made her a bit sore. Everything had healed find, but those stairs were a bit harder than she barginned for and she didn't realize the man behind her was so big...

It had been a wake-up call. She needed to learn to fight. She didn't really want to, but she had defend herself. Mr. Dwight was right about the city, everyone was so angry here. She needed to learn how to fend them off. She had kind of an idea, but that had just been what she could get on her own. She needed to find someone else to teach her.

But, that wasn't on her mind too heavily right now. At the moment, she was just walking about, stretching her legs, her shoes muffling her steps. She wasn't really paying attention and she was a bit startled by a sudden noise next to her.

She turned and smiled when she spotted a cat sitting on a fire escape. She loved animals. There were a lot of animals back on the farm and none of them had a problem with her. They didn't care about her legs. They didn't care about anything. As long as you treated them fairly, they love you as you are. She carefully reached her hand up and scratched the cat behind the ears as it let out a content little purr.

Sammie Spitz
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rainyday_smile on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:41 am

Jamie wandered through the empty streets without any purpose, mindlessly walking towards some unknown destination. She pulled down her sleeves unconsciously, an age old habit of hers to hide the golden marks her ability left on her. Springing lithely onto a ledge she balanced on the edge and continued to walk forwards until she heard voices, she stopped in her tracks and strained her ears to make sure she wasn't hearing things. They sounded surprising real and rather close although people hadn't come to this part of the city for years, not since the outcasts claimed it as their territory.

Jamie meandered down streets, following the sound of voices and trying to find the people they belonged to. She rounded the corner and saw them, two people, one male and one female talking as if the world wasn't already dead and they had something to live for. She walked up to them, intent on talking to them, talking to others of her kind. Jamie stopped in front of them, politely waiting for them to finish their conversation before talking. "Hello, I'm Jamie and you are?" She said quite frankly, it may even have been a little rude but she didn't really care; she had stopped fretting over what people thought of her a long time ago.
'Cause we are all a bunch a liars
Tell me baby, who do you wanna be?
And we are all about to sell it
'Cause it's tragic with a capital T

rainyday_smile
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:01 am

Sykes looks up to see another girl walk up to him. He jumps slightly to get on the back part of the bench and reaches his hand to the girl, grinning as he say, "Hey, I'm Sykes. I'm guessing your an Oucast as well?" He says the last part jokingly, since only oucasts would be around the area.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:10 am

Nym's gaze wandered to the girl that had suddenly introduced herself to them, a small smile appearing on her face as new person to talk to came along on her own accord.
"My name's Nym." She said, giving the girl a small wave, glancing at Sykes, noticing that he had moved onto the back of the bench in a movement faster than she had noticed before.

Valor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sammie Spitz on Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:04 pm

As she was petting the cat, April happened to notice some movement nearby and noticed a small group having a conversation. She noticed the third person just walk right up and talk to the pair that was sitting down. She admired it, maybe even envied it a bit. Maybe if she could get up the nerve to talk to someone...

She sighed a bit, still petting the little cat. Even here, among her own kind, she had some trouble fitting in. For the most part, they were nice enough. It was a lot better than straying away from the area and dealing with the normal people. But, some of the people here scared her a bit and she'd had some others hassle her for being a wimp. But. she'd spent so many years away from people, she was still trying to figure out how to deal with other people.

Sammie Spitz
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby overkill on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:25 am

Zig walked down the streets of the Outcast-claimed territory, he was in a daze as he though about his past but he quickly came out of this daze when he heard people talking. Zig listened as he walked, it seemed like they all admitted to being outcasts and talked of their powers. He kept listening until the people's voice got to their loudest, Zig stop as he was right in front of them. Zig turned and looked at the lot of them, they didn't seem like one of the many gangs that had already been formed through out this part of the city, so he waited until the one talking finished her comment, before saying:"Yo, none of you look like you in one of the many gangs in this city, mind me asking whats going on?"
ImageImageImageImageImage

overkill
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!