Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

in over your head

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

in over your head

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucy Knox on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:03 am

I just kind of thought of this idea out of like no where, but ok, thought I'd give it a shot.

The main thing is about kids who are sent to this place, almost like a psycho place, almost being the key word, not exactly. It's for kids who have attempted suicide, usually more than once, or have a completely O.D. problem with horrible drugs that will result in death unless dealt with.

The only plot, as of now, is that the people try to help these people. They believe we're all good people inside, even if we don't show it. They aren't necissarily trying to cure who is sent there, just like as guidence, to incourage us not to do it. At the end, they will give options, to let you stay, get ever more better and help others, or let you go and make your own decisions, hoping not to see you again.

Also, now excepting doctors! for anyone who already has a patient, since this is late, you can play two people, along with anyone else. No more than two though.
Thank you.

Layout for the building:
Through the front doors is the welcoming center, where parents can get information on the program, and also where kids are either dropped off, or picked up, unless someone is sent for them.
From there, there's only one door which leads to a little hall way with two doors. The door in the center of the hallway leads to the rectreation room, which holds where the kids normally hang out. The other door is a place for all of the doctors to observe the patients from, even though the patients don't know it. That door also leads to the doctors hallway with things they need, and cells for severe cases.
From the rec room, there are 3 other doors. On one side is a door leading to the boys section, where the boys sleep and shower and what not. On the other side is the same for the girls. Straight in the back, the door leads to the cafateria, where all of the students eat.

Skeleton for patient:
Name:
Appearance:
Suicide or drugs:
Personality:
Last thing you did to get you sent here (has to be really bad):

Skeleton for doctors:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
How you would help the patients:

eek, I'll edit if I think of anything else

--

Name:Shyleen (shy) Miller
Appearance:Image
Suicide or drugs: Suicide
Personality: Shy's name fits her, because she is really shy. At first glance, she seems innocent and harmless, too cheerful to be 'emo' as most would call it.. However, when you get to really know her, she's addicted to fire and sharp objects, loving the pain it brings. Most people think she's just misunderstood, because almost no one knows that side of her, unless they catch her in the act. Shyleen believes in magic, and says that's the reason she's still alive with barely any scars to give herself away.
Last thing you did to get you sent here (has to be really bad): She tried drugs and started driving, getting into a crash, and admitting that it was another suicide attempt, since she's open about it whenever asked.
Last edited by Lucy Knox on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
â™ĨHarry Potterâ™Ĩ
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live" ~ Albus Dumbledore

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lucy Knox
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: in over your head

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kairu on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:59 am

Skeleton:
Name: Kairu
Appearance:
doll.jpg
(17.54 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
I know he doesn't look suicidal, but it's the best I have...
Personality: He isn't emo, but he suffers from depression... So most of the time he acts emo...
Last thing you did to get you sent here (has to be really bad): he attempted suicide by building a small wooden structure, going inside and lighting a fire... He was rescued by fire fighters.. Then sent to this place...
ImageImage Image
I gots a new egg! Clicky clicky!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kairu
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucy Knox on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:02 am

awesome, accepted....but I'm ganna wait until like Friday since I'm ganna be gone a lot these next two days. Also, it's to get more people.

Lucy Knox
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby F16superman2 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:22 am

Name: Eliza Duck
Appearance: Eliza has a shaved head, brown eyes and a round face. She usually wears a black jumper and Long black jeans to hide her scars from self harming.
Personality: She is very unlike a suicidal person, she smiles alot, popular and is very kind. It's just when she is by her self when she becomes suicidal.
Last thing you did to get you sent here (has to be really bad): Eliza was sent here because she nearly killed herself and her dog. Eliza went to "walk her dog" and ended up on the top of a six floor flat she, while holding the dog, jumped off the flat. She nearly died and only survived because she landed on her dog. Her dog didn't survive.

F16superman2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhispersofMe on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:50 am

Name: Mazumi Yakamoto
Appearance: Her hair colour changes weekly.She has a total of 27 tatoo's and many peircings.Bright almost neon green eyes and very pale skin.
Suicide or drugs: Little of both.mostly suicide and alcahol
Personality: She can be wild,hyper,crazy and caring in a good mood but she can have mood swings and becomevery violent or depressed.
Last thing you did to get you sent here (has to be really bad): She managed to get send to a shrink who after a long time opened her up and found she'd been attempting suicide since she was really very young. She tried drugs and then jumped of a building,killing a baby she didn't know about in the process and admitting it was a suicide attempt.
Molly: Screw you Cookie
Jimmy: Sorry Mols that's my job ^.^

WhispersofMe
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucy Knox on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:03 am

Alright. As I said, it would start on friday, and since it is friday the IC will be posted. It is still open, just post your skeleton here and come on in!

--

Also, any ideas for any other, actual plot can be PMed to me.
~thanks

Lucy Knox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:49 pm

I suppose I'll attempt this...

Name: Septimius Fayden Requiem (Though he prefers to be called by his middle name or surname only.)
Appearance: Unbleached white-grey hair due to a lack of B12, barely tanned skin, and heterochromiatic eyes. The left eye is a metallic grey; the right is blue. 5'8, and a slight build.
Suicide or drugs: A dash of the latter, but quite a bit of the former.
Personality: His mood tends to sway between an almost insanely happy mood and a very depressed one. They can change in minutes, but normally he sustains a certain general mood for one month to four hours. He is commonly diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
Last thing you did to get you sent here (has to be really bad): An attempted murder-suicide concerning the crashing of his parents' car into a public swimming pool. No one was killed, but he suffered two rib fractures. After being patched up for most of the damage, he was sent to this place. He coughs up blood every so often as a result, but not too much to warrant attention.

Is that acceptable?

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucy Knox on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:48 pm

yes! it is.
The IC has been posted, just no replies yet so...
jump right in!

Lucy Knox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:50 pm

I have an idea...

Why don't you give players the option of playing a doctor? That way, some charries can be patients, and others can be doctors helping the patients.

Just an idea...

"RolePlayGateway is proudly powered by obscene amounts of caffeine, duct tape,..." <--Ever notice this at the bottom of the page?

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucy Knox on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Sure, good idea!
ok..I'll edit that into my first post then. So doctors are also welcome!
thanks!

Lucy Knox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:21 pm

Glad I could help.

I might join, but I'm going to make a brand new charrie I've never used before, so if I do it might be some time before I do, so don't hold your breath. =)

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MyPaopuFruit on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:37 pm

Name: Nichollette Elizabeth Dawn (Also known as Nicole)
Appearance: X
Suicide or drugs: Suicide. Nicholettee is catatonic and also suffers mildly from Echolalia.
Personality: Quiet. Nicholette doesn't normaly speak unless spoken to, and stutters often if she is confronted with a powerful emotion in which she needs to respond too. She is not voilent in the slightest, but tends to self harm herself if given the oppotiune moment. She loves listening to people, however, and even though appears to old for stories, likes it when people read her fairytales. She often puts herself as the main character in them.
Last thing you did to get you sent here: Nicholette attemped suicide in public after managing to wander out of her previous nursing home. Since that incident she has moved here.

Is this okay? ^^'

Ten-Year-Old Was Sendin' Ya A Hero

MyPaopuFruit
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:55 pm

Name:Phillip "Phil" Johnson
Appearance:Short, brown hair goes well with his blue eyes. He was in the military for years, and his body shows it. He has scars all across his body from fights and bullet wounds. Not to mention, he is in shape, and, "ripped." He's usually the one that gets called to hold down patients. He's 6ft 9in tall, and weighs in at about 300lbs.
Personality:He's really a giant teddy bear. Despite his size, he's really nice, and likes to listen to people, which is why he chose this career path. Most people enjoy talking to him because of his friendly personality. He usually dosen't use words that exceed the vocabulary of a highschool graduate, but he's very educated.
How you would help the patients:The way it needs to be done. Not with pills, not with needles, not with drugs, but by actually caring about them. Phil knows that the only way to make any progress is to listen to someone and hear what they have to say. Medication should be a last resort, and only if it's extreme.

Didn't take as long as I thought. =)

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucy Knox on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:04 am

Lucy Knox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:53 pm

A question; am I to be inside the room as well, or are there separate rooms for males and females? I'm rather unsure as to the details, but I really want to perfect my first post.

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucy Knox on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:05 pm

Ok. Sorry, this really wasn't clarified and I take full responsibilty, but I will be adding the layout of the building in the first post on this thread.

Lucy Knox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trix on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:00 pm

*finds OOC* Sweet! FOUND IT! *sits down and starts writing app*

Name: Madison Thomas

Appearance: Madison is about 5'6", and of an average build. She has shoulder length bown hair, and bright green eyes. She wears a plain white t-shirt and denim jeans and a brown jacket with elbow-length sleeves over her t-shirt.

Personality: Madison has only been out of university for about six months, and is currently quite nervous in her new job. She is, however, able to cover up her nerves in her working environment and cover it with the confidence she has always had, especially as this is something Maddie is very good at. She means well with her actions and always wants to do the best thing for the patient; however her lack of experience causes her to often doubt her own actions, and she often seeks advice and guidence from the older, more experienced staff.

How you would help the patients: Currently, Maddie believes talking through to the root of the problem is the best solution for a patient. She thinks that finding the cause and removing, surpressing or neutrilising the cause is the best way to help. Maddie does, however, often doubt her own way of doing things and is terrified of doing something wrong.

Trix
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!