Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Partner Search || Long Term

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Partner Search || Long Term

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ibecameinsane on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:22 pm

Greetings & Salutations, Lovelies! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

About Me & Requirements:

Before I get started, I'd just like to reiterate that I'm looking for a long term roleplaying partner. I've been confined to a small group of roleplayers and I'd like to broaden my horizons. However, as of late, roleplays with large groups never seem to work out. What I'm saying is, I'd rather not have the time and effort I invest in a character be for naught. My username is ibecameinsane, but once you get to chattin' me up I have no qualms with you referring to me as Steph. Suffice to say, I'd enjoy having a lot of communication with those interested in taking me up on my offer. If you're shy, you'd probably find my abrasive and ostentatious personality a little much. I'm a tad vulgar so if you're someone with tender sensibilities I'd recommend looking the other way. Until I get to know you on a more personal level, there will be little to know personality in how I communicate with you. It'll be very official and almost lawyer-esque until we've gotten to chatting for a bit.

Little factoid about me, I have crippling OCD. Personally, I like things to be aesthetically pleasing. To clarify that would require the usage of fonts and font colors, proportionate gif sizes, and an overall know how of the coding system on this site. Now, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good literate author. I'd much prefer to have someone with a decent writing style with lackluster coding than someone who's a coding genius who posts crap. I'm asking for a literate partner, which means there will be a minimum of five hundred words per post. Collabing is also very important to me. Not only is it good for wrapping up conversations, but it rids the roleplay of short posts in general. I know of a lot of sites we can use that would help us out with that, so don't fret. As far as the gender of the character goes, I prefer to play male roles. If romance is involved in the roleplay I have no problem with homosexual male relationships. In retrospect, they're probably a preference.

Now, as far as posting goes, I'm well aware that you may have other commitments both in and out of the site. Being a college student, I'm a victim of real life coming in the way of roleplaying. My semester starts next week but if I manage my time well, I should be logging on to the site for a few hours every night. At minimum, I'd like for there to be 1-2 posts per week from each of us just to keep the roleplay going.

Roleplay Ideas

As for the roleplay itself, I'm versatile to any genre you can come up with. Shoot me a PM and if I'm all for it, I'll tell you. We can hash it all out then. Like I said, communication is key. Coming up with ideas together is a lot more fun than one of us running the whole show, in my opinion. As for a particular idea, I don't have one at the moment. This is more of a preemptive interest check so when I do come up with something I'll have someone to come to who might like the idea.

Stated below are a few do's and don'ts as far as my preference for roleplaying goes.

Do's

• Fandoms: Because this won't be for group roleplays, this is more in reference to OTPs. If you're a fan of Sterek, Destiel, or Drarry (etc.) send me a PM! I'm so keen on roleplaying my OTPs and pretty much writing a fanfiction so long as you know how to portray the character well.
  • Werewolves: Don't ask me why, it's just a preference of mine. I'm such of fan. Pack dynamics are something I'm a real stickler for as well.
  • Post-Apocalyptic: You know, things like Fallout if you've ever heard of it. Basically any scenario where you're left to your own devices and it's a fight to survive. I'm even open to zombies.
  • Supernatural: From superpowers to creatures of lore, I'm up for pretty much anything. Seriously, anything goes: angels, demons, nephilim, werewolves, witches, fae, sirens, succubi, incubi, etc.
  • Horror & Gore: Honestly, I can get pretty graphic. If you have any ideas where I could portray some psychotic killer or mass murderer I could totally get in on that.
  • Elder Scrolls Based: Done the right way, a roleplay based in the world of Elder Scrolls would be the bee's knees. However, it would require some know-how about all of the lore and the land on your part. I've been playing Elder Scrolls since I can remember so you won't have to worry about that from my end.
  • Action/Adventure: Fight scenes are the coolest to write.

Don'ts

• Vampires: Sorry, Twilight sort of ruined that craze for me. There is absolutely no scenario in which I'd do a vampire-based roleplay. Personally, I'm more of a werewolf kind of girl.
  • High-School Plot: In my personal opinion, there are too many of these things out there. If there isn't some supernatural aspect mixed in where cliques and classrooms aren't the main priority.
  • Sole-Romance" Don't get me wrong, I love me some romance. Does that necessarily mean that I want it to be our only focus? No. Those roleplays are boring and repetitive.
  • Slice of Life: Not to be crude, but if I wanted to do a roleplay based on the everyday life of some teenager or young adult, I'd go outside. If there's no fantasy, there's no interest on my part.
  • Anime Roleplays: Under no circumstances will I do an anime roleplay or use anime faceclaims. No offense to those who enjoy that kind of entertainment but I've already gone through my otaku phase.
  • Historical: In reference to actual events, that won't catch my interest. I'm personally not a fan of the subject. Now, if the setting is something historical like the Roaring 20's or whatever, then I'm down.
  • Mecha & Robots: Personally, I don't have a lot of experience with those. In hindsight, I think the whole Sci-fi genre is a little out of my comfort zone. I will have no idea where to go with that.

Whelp, that pretty much wraps it up. Thank you for taking this interest check under consideration!
I hope to one day roleplay with you in the future, lovely <3

{CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE}

I've found a reliable partner for the time being. Thank you to all those who've shown interest.
However, if you're still up for chatting shoot me a PM. I love to meet new people on this site.

Last edited by ibecameinsane on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ibecameinsane
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Partner Search || Long Term

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:53 pm

I was about to post as someone who could feasibly be a partner, but then I saw your don'ts.

I'm sorry, if I can't do a roleplay about vampire Lelouch in space with mechs then I just don't think the relationship would work.

I do wish you luck, however.

C:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ibecameinsane on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:04 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I hope one day your pants get fed.

ibecameinsane
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:47 am

Hello! We can be partners I am looking for partners too and rps to join.

I love me some fantasy sci-fi, action and adventure. I have a character in mind I'd like to use as well! PM me or I shall for you, thank you
ImageSong of the Day: FFXIII-2: Ruined Hometown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpsgk7b3R3w
With love.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!