Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pirates of the Caribbean: The next Generation

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Pirates of the Caribbean: The next Generation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:08 am

I've been willing to make an rp about pirates for quite long. I've been writing and thinking for long, on other websites too and tried to come up with a good plot. Well, a good plot isn't this but I want to know who might join.

Plot:
Long after the death of the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow and his crew, it looks like there's no one suited enough to take over the famous ship 'The Black Pearl'... Except for one person; the daughter of Jack Sparrow himself. A young 17-year old girl by the name of Serna Sparrow. Even though she doesn't know this, she is about to depart on oversea adventures with her first mate and crew on 'The Black Pearl'. Who knows what the future is going to bring them? It's your choice...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: The next Generation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flieslikeabrick on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:40 am

Count me in on this. Do you have any other characters set or a plot for the adventure?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

flieslikeabrick
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:42 am

Well, I am on a treasure hunt now.. Any ideas maybe?

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flieslikeabrick on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:37 am

Random brainstorming below: Warning, this may permanently damage your brains.
I've got 2 basic ideas right now:

1)
Well, you could be looking for a long lost treasure, rumored to give you unlimited power, wealth... Or "just" immortality, what else could a seventeen-year-old girl ask for?
With you on this trip, you would have your trusty experienced first mate (pick me!) and the black pearl's crew, fighting against "the ones who make the laws", who are also in the search for the treasure(this could leave you space to create a main antagonist.)

2)
You for some reason (I'll leave it up to you) decided to become a pirate, but some scumbag took control of the black pearl, and you embark upon a quest to retrieve what is yours by right, or wrong.
This would have you, with the help of others, hunting another pirate(main villain) who usurped the black pearl after Jack's death.

Even though it needs more thinking, i like idea number 2 best, but the first one seems to better fit your plot.

flieslikeabrick
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:02 am

Yeah, I really like the First plot. Let's try to work it out a bit. Say, it's a chest, somewhere on an island in the ocean. And Serna got to know about it on her stop in Tortuga. We have the son of Lord Cutler Becket who has taken over the job of him and to destroy the pirates forever. He has heard of the treature too and is already on the way but the Black Pearl is faster. But what would happen when they together reach it?

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flieslikeabrick on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:09 am

Well, you could have them do a climatic duel, eventually deciding who gets the chest... Nah, that's too simple.

Random brainstorming round 2:

So, after a long search, both of them somehow find the location of the chest(through a map, someone told them... we can improvise later), and as they get there, they fight over it. A third man(or woman, or creature or... whatever) grabs the chest and escapes with it, creating a much bigger danger, and now Serena and Beckett junior(we need to give him a name lol) have to join forces in a quest to retrieve the treasure.

Even though i like how the idea turned out, it could feel like railroading for other players, assuming we find a few more, i think if we may need four players with the current plot.(Or more, if you have any ideas.)

flieslikeabrick
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:15 am

Yeah, sounds good actually. We need more players, around 4 or 5 to start with.. Let me think how to get more players.

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flieslikeabrick on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:09 pm

Well, someone will eventually get interested and click on this thread, we could keep thinking of needed characters and important plot elements while we wait.

flieslikeabrick
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:21 pm

I'm in, just pm me with the link if this RP gets going :)

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flieslikeabrick on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:15 am

well, we're 3 now.... :) in a day or two we may have enough players

flieslikeabrick
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:54 am

Yeah, if we keep this bumped and ask people maybe to see it will all be alright.

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvalonNight on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:45 pm

oooh, tell me when t's up!
"But he's Rachel Candy!"
-Both Jenks and Al"
— Kim Harrison (White Witch, Black Curse)

AvalonNight
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flieslikeabrick on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:38 am

@tornadofan2: Now we're 4, I think you can create it and pm these 2...

flieslikeabrick
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:40 am

Yup, on the way to creating it xD

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:55 am

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:51 am

Now that this roleplay has IC content attached to it, it no longer belongs in the Interest Check section.

To the original poster of this thread, would you rather that this thread simply be moved to the Roleplayers Wanted section (where it now belongs) or would you rather this thread be trashed, allowing for you to write up a new ad in its place?

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!