Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

My Playground

My Plaground (Just a Test)

a part of “My Playground”, a fictional universe by Crooked Thoughts.

Live in your world, Roleplay in mine... If I give you permission.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “My Playground”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] My Plaground (Just a Test)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:11 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "My Plaground (Just a Test)"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] My Plaground (Just a Test)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:44 pm

Welcome,

Here is where we will discuss and plan the RP we will all be in. Below I have listed two of my ideas, I have a lot more, but these stick out to me . Feel free to ask questions about them and if you like them great. But, I mainly want you to include your ideas. Once we have found the people who will help develop the thread, we can begin deeper development and choose one idea. After that, we will begin creation on the RP, then after characters are submitted we will begin the RP. I see this all happening and being done, by at least next week sometime? Depends on the flow of things. Anyway, here is my idea:

Double or Nothing

In Paradigm City, villains and criminals thrive, it is up to every citizen to uphold justice and law. Instead who ever runs the territory decides this. But, more power means a bigger target on your back. Death is nothing new here, some have even come back from the great beyond. So is all the money, fame, and respect worth risking your life?

This is just a brief intro to the RP I had in mind. It is a multiverse RP that takes place in a fictional city or more so space station? (not sure which yet) Technology/setting ranges from the most basic of things, to the most advanced. Though I might just stick with Futuristic Noir. The roleplay will of course be character driven, you can be the boss of a territory or just another citizen. I imagine Paradigm City like Los Angles in The Crow: City of Angels; very slumish almost post apocalyptic. Like what a city might look like where there is law and justice. haha

Everything can be fleshed out if we decide to go with this plot.

Note: For some reason the link above is broken, so here is another.

Last edited by Crooked Thoughts on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychoNezumi on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:37 am

I submitted a character sheet, even if I'm not accepted id love to hear a critique.

PsychoNezumi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:55 am

@PsychoNezumi: You might have been notified by now, but if not. You have been accepted!

The character you mentioned in your sheet sounds like she will be perfect for the RP.

Do you have any of your own RP ideas or do you like the one I have mentioned?

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychoNezumi on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:15 am

Yay I'm so excited to get to work on this. I'm glad you liked Voodoo shes one of my favorite creations and I haven't gotten to use her in anything yet.

I like the idea you mentioned, in my head I'm kind of picturing the crow setting mixed with a little repo the genetic opera style. I don't have much else in mind at the moment.

PsychoNezumi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:21 am

So you are familiar with the movie or did you just google it? Never saw Genetic Opera, but I did see the action version of it, Repo Men.

Anyway, the city is kind of a mix of organized chaos. Though I am having trouble picturing the world, all I have is this city. And in order for me to be at peace, I must have almost every detail fleshed out, at least for reference; I'm a sucker for detail.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychoNezumi on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:33 am

First of all I must apoligies for this.

*yells to the heavens* REPO THE GENETIC OPERA IS SO MUCH BETTER WITH THAT HORRIBLE MOVIE WHICH STOLE ITS PLOT!

Sorry again I have lingering anger, and I think that answers the question as to whether I'm familiar with it or not lol.

Annnnyyyywayyyy, here are some pictures of the city from the genetic opera movie http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/wp-conte ... netic5.jpg http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos ... 00-450.jpg

PsychoNezumi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 am

Ah...

That is absolutely perfect! Just how I imagine the city! ...Or at least the closet I can get without drawing it myself.

I'm going to have to watch the movie tomorrow. Thanks for showing me those. I was just going to use pictures of Arkham City, most likely from old movies or sketches.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychoNezumi on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:45 am

I'm glad you like it, it looks like were thinking on the same wavelength. I hope you enjoy the movie.

If you ever feel like having a quick random rp I need to flesh out how I want to play voodoo, I think having her interact with other characters would help me do that.

PsychoNezumi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:04 am

I may take you up on that offer, as I too need to make decisions on my character.

Though I am getting ahead of myself.

Still haven't decided if this will be the RP. There is one other person who has signed on, but she seems interested in this plot as well.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zombie Pulse on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:09 pm

Here! Only a little bit on the slow side to replying, but, then, that's what happens when you've gotta rehearse for two plays and three skits.

I'm just gonna get this outta my system, 'cause I read through what you guys've been chit-chatting about and the entire time I kept bouncing in delight.
REPO THE GENETIC OPERA IS AMAZINGGG. I liked Repo Men, too, BUT IT WASN'T NEARLY AS COOL AS IT'S ORIGINAL OPERA VERSION. My wonderful Theatre friends and I are in the middle of officially casting for our own- likely shoddy, teenagerized- performance of Repo the Genetic Opera. AND I GET TO CAMEO AS A VICTIM. Oh, the excitement, I can feel it as it radiates from my every pore.

But enough about my excessive dorkitude- this plot is in dire need of thickening.
Are we going strongly Repo, including the technology and such, or are we just gonna be using it for the setting? Because I'm still very much on the fence with what our technological advancements should be like. And the exact story behind how the world got so craptacular. Like, if it was just original this way, or how far in the future it really is.

Ehn... I'm a little useless at the moment, sorry for that: I'll go listen to some Ludo and Queen and try to get some less sucky words to spew. And maybe even start to formulate a character, since that's important, too.

Zombie Pulse
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:03 am

Glad you agree with everything.

I've just started watching the movie, so far so good. Think it might have been without the musical aspect, but then again Sweeny Todd probably would have been worse without that aspect.

Anyway. We will just be using the city as a visual reference, even how it is surrounded by a graveyard. Other than that, the RP will have nothing to do with it.

As for tech, we will be sticking with Futuristic Noir. Meaning very hi tech with old classic look. Think zoot suits, androids, laser guns, and Model T cars that fly. Not to be confused with Fallout tech, for those who are familiar with the game. But this is also a multi-verse RP, so the RP can have a wide range of characters. Anything from a simple swordsman - superman - silver surfer - naruto. This may seem very unbalanced, but that is what the GM is for.

How the world came to be? I figured it came to be this way after the fall of a leader.

Everything was good, there was no chaos, there was complete order. But this was all under the rule of the Crime King. A just gang boss who ran Paradigm City, until he was killed by other gang bosses who were his Generals. Now the city is complete utter chaos as gangs vie for control of the city.

This is all just an idea that I made up just now. So let me know what y'all think.

You also said that there should be some main bad guy that everyone wants to get rid off or something of the sort. So I was thinking that this could be a gang leader with the most territory, or an underdog on the come up, taking everyone's territory? Maybe both?

Either way, if I have to control this character then this guy would be my version of the Boogie Man or The Sandman. For the most part the character would be a NPC.

But if someone's wants to take this position they can.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:07 am

OH....

And since you both already have character in mind, I created this generic character sheet. It is pretty basic so whether your character is a mage or warrior, you should be able to use it. Though you don't have to.

Code: Select all
[u]Physical Description[/u]
Pic and/or worded description

[u]Appearance[/u]
[b]Hair:[/b]
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Build:[/b]
[b]Skin Tone:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Voice:[/b]
[b]Handed:[/b]
[b]Body Markings:[/b]
[b]Scar Tissue:[/b]
[b]Unique Features:[/b]

[u]Name[/u]

[u]Nickname[/u]

[u]Alias[/u]

[u]Species[/u]

[u]Race[/u]

[u]Visual Age[/u]

[u]Factual Age[/u]

[u]Gender[/u]

[u]Sexual Orientation[/u]

PERSONALITY[hr][/hr]
[u]Personality Description[/u]

[u]Quirks[/u]

[u]Fears[/u]

[u]Goal[/u]

[u]Likes[/u]

[u]Dislikes[/u]

[u]Strengths[/u]

[u]Weaknesses[/u]

EQUIPMENT[hr][/hr]
[center]Abilities & Skill  & Combat Rating[/center]
[b][Perfect] - [Excellent] - [Good] - [Above Average] - [Average] - [Below Average] - [Poor] - [Very Poor][/b]

[u]Clothing/Armor[/u]

[u]Combat Prowess[/u]

[u]Abilities[/u]

[u]Skills[/u]

[u]Weapons[/u]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Type:[/b]
[b]Ammo:[/b]
[b]Information:[/b]

[u]Equipment[/u]

[u]Accessories[/u]

[u]Memorabilia[/u]

HISTORY[hr][/hr]
[u]Religious Belief[/u]

[u]Gang Affiliation[/u]

[u]Marital Status[/u]

[u]Relatives[/u]

[u]Universe[/u]

[u]Education[/u]

[u]Occupation[/u]

[u]D.O.B.[/u]

[u]Bio/History[/u]

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychoNezumi on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:54 am

I like your idea for how the city came to be. I'm fine with you playing the big baddy too.

And Zombie I'm soooo jealous of you! I miss being in theater sigh.

oh and random question, my cousins live near disney and go to high school do you know anyone with the last name Doss? you sound like the type of person they'd hang out with.

PsychoNezumi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychoNezumi on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:59 pm

So fly when I finish my character sheet you up for a random rp?

PsychoNezumi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:07 pm

I saw that you posted your character, so I will review the sheet.

Also since it seems pretty clear that we will be the developing team for the RP. I will begin some rough work on the intro and the RP as a whole. As I progress I will show you both what I have and you may add in things for advise on what I should take away.

Once the RP is complete, we will then search for 1 more person or 3 more. Haven't decided what would be best. Though I want this RP to remain relatively small and easily managed

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychoNezumi on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:49 am

huh? is there an rp happening here now?

PsychoNezumi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:52 am

Depends on what you mean...

*Is being secretive*

Are you referring to my last post or were you just looking at the RP Tab?

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PsychoNezumi on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:10 am

Well I noticed this on the rp list thingy so I took a look, I'm guessing you were just testing some stuffs on here though.

however *shifty eyes* if there is a new rp going on somewheres I'm always looking for a good rp.

PsychoNezumi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:22 am

Ah, didn't know things show up when I change things around.

But, maybe if the price is right, I can let you in on the secret. *Holds out hand*

Lol but no.

I will PM you the details on my new RP.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!