Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A plea to the RPG Community & Staff

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

A plea to the RPG Community & Staff

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frozen Soul on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:27 am

Salutations,

For those of you which do not know me, allow me to properly introduce myself: Frozen Soul, RPG member for close to 4 years as of now, writer, once upon a time Mentor, proud romanian and handsome devil.

Today, I would like to urge the entire RPG community alongside the staff to take action against the american SOPA & Pipa bill. Whilst I am in no way part of the USA and cannot actively vote against it or partake in any active protests, I am supporting Sopa Strike - A project of Fight for the Future, a non-profit organization fighting on the internet.

For those of you who are unaware, on the 24th of January, the U.S. Congress shall vote on the aforementioned bill, which, if passed, will actively destroy the internet as we all know and love.

On the 18th of January, the internet will go on a blackout starting from 8 A.M. as a sign of protest against the SOPA & Pipa bill and other internet censorship laws. Major internet content websites such as Mozilla, Reddit, The Leaky Wiki, ESPN & others have joined the blackout as a sign of out right protest against this law.

Whilst the following suggestion may disturb your daily RP needs, I would like to encourage the RPG community & website to join the blackout and support the ongoing fight for a free internet. More about the prohibitions of this bill can be found on: Sopa Strike - Yet, I assure you of one thing: if this law goes through, the internet as we know it shall be forever gone.

Support the struggle, protect your right to information and free speech.

Frozen Soul

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Frozen Soul
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: A plea to the RPG Community & Staff

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:32 am

We are already discussing action to take in response to the SOPA bill. Expect an official announcement from the administration and staff teams soon (tm).
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scumbag_Brain on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:21 pm

I just realized the bright side of SOPA, no more Twilight RPs!! Seriously though, we should do everything we can to fight against this. The entertainment industry has shown by prosecuting children for dancing to pop music that they will push any piece of legislation as far as it can go and this one can go quite far. I also posted a list of all the companies on the other SOPA thread who support SOPA and have supported past censorship legislation. Boycott them with extreme prejudice.

Scumbag_Brain
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JewelGlutton on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Hrm. Maybe I can convince my FB friends to go a day without it.

JewelGlutton
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:57 am

Moved this post from Discussion & Debate to the Main Lobby, as it is an announcement/supplication to the community rather than a debate topic.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!