Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Candles & Clockwork

Plot

a part of “Candles & Clockwork”, a fictional universe by Fantastical-Ducks.

Deny a human the freedom to live life fully and you will breed a monster who's only desire is to destroy that which oppresses it.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Candles & Clockwork”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Plot

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fantastical-Ducks on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:46 am

Now my soon to be comrades of evil and plot-twists I know we don't have nearly enough character sheets in to begin but I thought I'd set up this ooc to hopefully start getting a good buzz about plot after all were gonna need a good buzz if were going to make this work.

For now though I can confidently say I know we have 2 upper class residents in. 1 middles class character in. and 1 ground resident in. However I'm also aware of someone making both an ANGEL character and a Scientist which will be beneficial and of course theres Kawaii-Chan who is making a character. Either way were slowly amassing a lovely group of characters as were going to need multiple from each area... Probably. Luckily im cool with multiple characters.

Anyway let the plotting begin~
Fear not the serpent under your rose.
Fear the people plotting under your nose.

For the serpent has no quarrel with you.
But the same cant be said for the people like you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fantastical-Ducks
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Plot

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aleksiempainen on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:15 pm

Okay so plots :) Nina is mainly faced with the problem of her stepmother. She wants her father to be happy, which he currently is, but she thoroughly dislikes her stepmother and wishes she would leave. Nina's stepmother has forced her to attend a ladies' academy where she learns domestic skills as well as ladylike etiquette. She hates this and finds the whole ordeal sexist and undermining to her entire gender. Although she is now an adult she is not allowed to permanently leave the academy until she takes a husband (although she can leave she must be back for her lessons). This brings us to another problem that is Nina's fear of serious relationships. She is a free spirit and doesn't like being tied down to any one person. She doesn't have a problem with intimacy at all but she prefers to swing from person to person. This is extra not good as it is against the rules for her to associate with boys. There is a boys academy but they are not allowed to confer with the girls. They merely turn up one day to collect their brides. She is of course bisexual but the academy strictly forbids displays of affection between students. The academy forbids a lot of things, many of which Nina does anyway, and each crime brings on a punishment. Usually it's nothing too serious. Maybe no dinner the next day, extra chores, no breaks etc. But worse offences bring out the barbaric side.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

aleksiempainen
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lacrimomaneo on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:45 pm

For Clara's plot she is trying to impress everybody and it starts taking an obvious toll on her mental and physical health, her parents decide to let her off on weekends and she decides to roam Aether during these times, which most likely is going to lead to some mischief and some meetings with other character's.

I'm also thinking about making another character who will be a ground resident of maybe a rowdy merchant who does science on the side but mixes her science with "magic" (which is most likely going to be all fake), maybe both if you want a lot of characters.

lacrimomaneo
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fantastical-Ducks on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:40 am

Oohh~ Personal plot is always good this will also allow us to begin forming character relationships. It is after all wise to have some characters already pre-accainted to save us from the horrid cliche of "lets all just make characters for a roleplay let those characters meet and then grow bored."

As for the main plot I think I've figured out where to begin the roleplay itself - On the Celebratory Anniversary of the day Aether cities rose into the sky. I picked this day because I imagine that both those of the surface AND in Aether who hold this day as an important one allowing many characters to be out and about at once thus actually getting the characters to interact!

BUT like I previously said I don't want us to get stuck in the loop of character introductions alone so I was speaking with Gintoki (whos made two lovely characters 10/10 would recommend :B ) and he supplied the lovely idea of having one of his characters being sent to dispose of an Aether higher up thus spurring on the main plot of revolution (whether his character is successful or not is another matter) but how pray-tell will his character get them.

I propose that as previously mentioned celebration of Aethers ascension would be getting prepared (an evening event perhaps of course there would parades but were talking higher class they of course would have a more intimate party~) but perhaps a group of Raiders or Scientist filling there quota of surface trips would head down and perhaps bring back a few characters from the surface (intentionally or not is another story).

Now the reason for this idea is because I want a fair bit of action and intrigue to begin our story so that hopefully no one gets bored. Of course this won't be the only thing going on. Im sure that more then a few groups and parties would use the overzealous celebration in Aether and perhaps angry action on the surface to there own use whether its running from there home or trying to start a mini revolution. Like I said I do want multiple mini plots sort of going at the same time to make sure EVERYONE gets included so if you have any other little twists to begin our tale do tell~ Also DO continue sharing characters personal goals thats what helps formulate bigger plot point goals!

For instance Lacrmomaneo and Aleksie both your characters are in an upper class city and seem to be under one form of another of sexism (or parental neglect) so an interesting story arc to explore would be how younger people in the upper citys feel perhaps there thirsty for there own type of revolution (probably one bordering on social or political!)

Fantastical-Ducks
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aleksiempainen on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:20 am

I've made a thread for the Andoria Ladies' Academy so anyone can throw some ideas in :) I thought that a good way of adding depth to the academy is its use as a feeder for the factories. Ladies who reach 21 and do not find a husband are sent to work in the factories thus providing them with cheap and well trained labourers. Also, as well as sexism there is a racial hierarchy in the academy with aryan girls being treated as greater than non-aryans. I thought this would be in good keeping with the Victorian themes that go hand in hand with Steampunk

aleksiempainen
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gintoki Sakata on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:34 pm

Ah. Btw, alek. I was wondering how prestigious Nina's family is among the Upper class. That may or may not play a part in what I have planned and would also be a minor detail in my first post that could easily be changed, with little effort. Can't wait for the answer~

Also. Under the assumption that Fish is still with us, I'd like to ask if perhaps we could make it a thing where Quinton pays Karl fair sums of money in order to have weapons and certain equipment that would be considered illegal in the islands made for him. Possibly even having him make contact with Cyril in order to supply him with guns and such.

A reply from either of you would be much appreciated~

Gintoki Sakata
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aleksiempainen on Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:01 am

Gintoki Sakata wrote:Ah. Btw, alek. I was wondering how prestigious Nina's family is among the Upper class. That may or may not play a part in what I have planned and would also be a minor detail in my first post that could easily be changed, with little effort. Can't wait for the answer~

Also. Under the assumption that Fish is still with us, I'd like to ask if perhaps we could make it a thing where Quinton pays Karl fair sums of money in order to have weapons and certain equipment that would be considered illegal in the islands made for him. Possibly even having him make contact with Cyril in order to supply him with guns and such.

A reply from either of you would be much appreciated~

Her father would be well respected as a retired police officer but her late mother fairly unknown. Her stepmother would be a greatly respected investor and many people would be familiar with her and her associated businesses.

aleksiempainen
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!