Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

3 Poems In 45 Minutes

a topic in Poetry, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

For the assorted types of poetry.

3 Poems In 45 Minutes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RogueMinstrel on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:35 pm

I was sitting in a presentation for my girlfriend's Native American Literature class and was sure to bring my notebook with me. We were only in there for about an hour so I'm estimating that these three poems were all done in or around 45 minutes. I tried a technique that involves not taking your pen from the paper until you are done writing. These are unedited and copied straight from my notebook.
I'm not a poet but I enjoy writing down what I feel so if you'd like to offer feedback then feel free to. Also, while only one of them has anything to do with religion, I am not looking for a theological debate. If you've got beef with religion or with God then I don't care. Take it somewhere else. I'm not here to preach, I'm just sharing my writing. Thanks.

Poem #1:

Man Cannot

Man cannot fly
So he sings
He sings so that his voice
May soar in place of him

Man can speak to God
But he cannot hear Him
So he sings
That God may hear him

Man cannot see God
But He can see Man
So Man dances
That God may see him

The words of Man
Cannot speak for God
Nor can his actions
Act for God

Yet God speaks
For Man
And He acts
For Man

It is easier
To remember a face
Or a voice
Than it is a name

Poem #2:

Our Mother We Live On

It all started with light
That is Her sight
Then came the ground
And that is Her body

So came the rain
Which brought water
This is Her blood
Then there is the wind

The wind is Her breath
And carried with it is life
As well as dirt and seeds
And from this springs Her skin

She is the Mother we live on
She is the Mother we love on
Her children are Her life
Yet we are ungrateful

So She Who came before falls to us who came after

Poem #3:

Lighter than Wind

A feather may fall
And be lifted
Never to touch the ground
By the wind

Yet the feather is heavier

The dirt may be picked up
And carried
It may be moved from earth to mountain
By the wind

Yet the dirt is heavier

Homes and stones
May be destroyed
Torn asunder
By the wind

Yet they are heavier

Only emotion
The light of love and happiness
Feelings of unity and joy
Are lighter than the wind

Well, that's it. It's no Robert Frost but I hope you've enjoyed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RogueMinstrel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: 3 Poems In 45 Minutes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:14 pm

The first one is definitely my favorite. Reading it on Easter sunday makes me even more conscious of its meaning.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HitoriRaven on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Nice, Rogue. I'm not one for religion, but I also enjoyed the first. However, personally, I liked the third. Good job, man.

HitoriRaven
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RogueMinstrel on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:56 am

Thank you both, very much. I'm glad to hear that someone out there enjoyed them. xD

RogueMinstrel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!