Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pokémon RP Partners Wanted!!

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Pokémon RP Partners Wanted!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Hey everybody, I'm here to find a partner (or partners) willing to join me in this RP!

As far as Pokémon RP's go, this RP focuses on realism. It does away with all video game elements such as Levels, HP bars, PP, 4-move-limit, stats (atk, def, sp atk, sp def, speed), EV/IV's, stat changing items like X-Attack, stat-lowering techniques are changed to "intimidation" (as in Growl) and "physical" (as in Tail Whip) techniques (to name but two common examples), etc.

Your Pokémon will grow and develop based on how you raise it. If you want it to be tough, you have to train it to be tough by making it take hits in practice against your other Pokémon. If you want it to be fast, you have to train it to be fast by making it do sprints, dashes, cardio training, etc (or if it's a flier, make it fly as fast as possible from one point to the next and make it practice moves like Quick Attack and Aerial Ace over and over to emphasize the speed and get them used to moving as fast as possible).

There is much, much more detail to consider as well about this RP. All of it can be found on the lore page which I will link for you right... About... NOW!!

So if this idea appeals to you, please do drop by the RP... But first... Please, please, PLEASE read the rules before you commit to a decision about joining.

Rule #1 is Rule #1 for a very important reason: because it's most important to me as the GM of the RP.

I've already turned away one player for breaking this rule, and I will not hesitate to do so again if you cannot or do not read the rules prior to submitting a character.

As a GM, I enforce my rules. I do not bend or break them for anyone.

So please read the rules before you submit a character to the RP.

Thank you!
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: Pokémon RP Partners Wanted!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:52 am

Anyone else interseted in this topic?

I have been posting fairly consistently to enjoy my own adventure while I waited for two others who had joined to get involved, but they disappeared without a word and never posted despite making their characters.

If you would like to enjoy a more realistic Pokemon adventure, let me know and we'll get you started with your character!

Cheers!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!