Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Possibly Jane Austen??

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Possibly Jane Austen??

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby controlledchaos on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Everybody likes to go their own way--to choose their own time and manner of devotion.
-Jane Austen, Mansfield Park-

After some time watching a few dramas, rereading, pondering and yondering, a spark of thought occurred to me. Why not create a period rp?? The idea sounded a bit tempting, but I did not know if anyone would join or be interested. My reasons for engendering this rp are: TOO many Twilight (eck.) and Harry Potter rps (not that I have anything against HP). I just find these two books have been highly overly used. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I would like to see something FRESH for a change. So without further ado here are the basics:

Title: Austen Girls
Setting: Modern or Period ??
Characters: Created by rpers
Forum Category: Books and Literature

Shall I continue?? If so please respond if you’re interested or comment for any ideas or changes. If I get more than ten responses then I'll start setting the rp up. I'm excited, but I need some encouragement.
Last edited by controlledchaos on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

controlledchaos
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Possibly Jane Austen??

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rawrr on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:49 pm

I believe you should make it Period RP, but have people create their on Characters for the plot. I'd be very interested.

smoke it, feel it, fly it high.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rawrr
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:55 pm

:o I love it, I'd join.... *S*

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby controlledchaos on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:58 pm

I believe you should make it Period RP, but have people create their on Characters for the plot. I'd be very interested.

Thanks Rawrr for the suggestion. I'll take that into consideration! :) So two down eight more to go!
Anyone else?

controlledchaos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:29 pm

I'm definately interested! I'm an avid Jane Austin reader and even wrote my college thesis paper on 'What if there were no Austin'. She was such a remarkable woman who paved the way for successful women in modern times. Please keep me updated on this RP I would absolutely LOVE to participate in this.

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby controlledchaos on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:42 pm

Six more responses to go. I hope there are more poeple interested, I'm starting to feel a little down that some people aren't up to a little old-fahsioned rp.

controlledchaos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:59 pm

we can always play multiple characters. Unfortunately you won't find many people who want to do old fashioned RP's or even realistic rp's.

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:15 am

Sounds good- I'm up for it!

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rawrr on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:25 am

Pencil_Me_In wrote:we can always play multiple characters. Unfortunately you won't find many people who want to do old fashioned RP's or even realistic rp's.

I don't think that's very correct. From my experience Realistic RPs are very popular. Haven't seen older era RPs, but realistic RPs quite popular.

Rawrr
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:52 am

Its not that they aren't popular, its just a matter of commitment and ability.

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:40 am

I disagree that the interest isn't there, as my favourite and longest lasting roleplay is done in a medieval realistic setting, so rather set aside from the 'courtly love' but I adore the Renaissance, Medieval and Period themes. The only two worries I have here is that not many guys are going to be overly interested in this type of thing and also that it'll sink into a load of two people romances stuck into one thread. We need a unifying story as well as people from different classes to make this work.

That said, I think you may have my interest. Also, controlledchaos, welcome to RPGateway.
Gasmask: Alright. Either your CD is corrupted, which'd explain the crashing and odd stuffs.
Imehal: Or?
Gasmask: Your windows really, really, really hates icewind dale.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirai-chan on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:43 am

I'd definitely join! Jane Austen is what I grew up with :D!
BTF Fanatic Girls: Angel(Craig)~Kirai(Mike)~Puppy(Matt) <333
ImageImage

Kirai-chan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Suzumebachi on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:08 am

Before making a decision, I'd like to know if the game will involve the use of the original characters that belong to Jane Austen. (I truly enjoy reading her books, but I usually do not like to use characters not created by me, so I probably will not join if the original characters are involved.) But..uhm..in any case. If you do wish to use Jane Austen's characters for this game, would you be willing to open another period game that will not have Jane Austen's characters?

Suzumebachi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:29 am

I agree with Suzumebachi- I would much prefer an RP set in the Regency period inspired by Austen but not explicitly based on Austen or featuring canon characters.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rawrr on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:32 am

Same here, as I have mentioned before. Regency ftw!
Maybe Boroque or Rococo is good too, bring on the white wigs and a rainbow of dresses.
Victorian and Edwardian doesn't quite cut it though, It's like right in between of what I like, Older eras, and the Golden Age of 1920s.
But Regency by far my favorite.

Rawrr
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby controlledchaos on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:56 pm

Imehal wrote:Also, controlledchaos, welcome to RPGateway.

Why thank you, I feel welcomed already. :)

Well after reading many of your generous responses I have decided to create the rp. However I'm having a hard time deciding which era most of you would like to take part in.

Please choose one of the following:
The Ancient Era (4000 B.C.-476 A.D.)
The Medieval Era (476-1450)
The Renaissance Era (1450-1600)
The Elizabethan Era (1558-1603)
The Baroque Era (1600-1750)
The Georgian Era (1714-1811)
The Regency Era (1812-1830)
The Victorian Era (1837-1901)
The Edwardian Era (1901-1919)
Need more info?
>>>>>http://erasofelegance.com/history.html<<<<<

By the end of today I will annouce the era and create the rp and hopefully we'll be able to start posting! :)

controlledchaos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:07 pm

I'm easy but I dig Regency and Victorian for the rigid social etiquette (and therefore sexual tension potential)...

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirai-chan on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:07 pm

I vote for the Regency Era.

Kirai-chan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rawrr on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:24 pm

I vote for Regency Era. :D Yay Napoleon!

Rawrr
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Suzumebachi on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:39 pm

Aah, tempting~ I think I'd be willing to do any one of those, but since that's what pulled me to the thread, I'll also vote for Regency.

Suzumebachi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!