Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Power Rangers: Olympus (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Power Rangers: Olympus (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby darkesaint on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:49 am

The IC is up! Go play!!
Power Rangers: Olympus IC

In an alternate dimension of Earth, an evil mastermind called Nodroz breaks the barrier between them and present day Earth to take over that which rightfully belongs to him. He brings along his minions of the alternate planet, his Hollogans and presents a regime that will overthrow all the powers on Earth and enslave the people to do his bidding. His attack is almost for certain until an unknown energy source causes the wormhole to close, while dragging Nodroz and his powers back to the other side.

Before the completion of the seal, the energy source shatters into several pieces and scatters around the alternate Earth. In order to keep the evil Nodroz from returning through the wormhole, a group of young warriors must pick up the task of retrieving these pieces and save the planet from peril.

Dr. Michael Cranston, with the help of Alpha 7, Divatox, and Dimitria combine work to find a necessary power to give those certain individuals the power to complete their destinies. Crafted into five blank medallions, they set out to find those that will save the planet once more.

Rules:
1. No Godmodding
2. No Mary Sues/Peter Perfects
3. Good grammar & Decent post sizes
4. Stay Active! If you're not going to be able to roleplay on a regular basis, don't sign up for one of the spots!
5. Please stay close to the theme with powers and such.
6. Have Fun!

This time around, the rangers will draw their powers and inspiration from the Greek Gods. I will provide a list of colors, and it is up to you to choose the god/goddess to represent. The medallions look like such:

Each face of the coin will have a profile of the god/goddess while the opposite side will have the animal that will be their zord. Do a little research for the zord, which shouldn't be too hard since each god/goddess represented one animal or another. One note... Zeus, Artemis, and Hermes will not be available to a single ranger, but will be in one of three Power Ups that can be attained depending on how many rangers are available to combine powers.

As you can see, I have chosen not to take the role of red ranger (a.k.a. the leader), so be warned whoever wants it should plan on writing some really good posts. No copycats or quick profiles will be accepted. Finally, be creative and enjoy yourself!

Olympus Rangers:
Red: TheunholybondZ
Blue: WunderkiD
Yellow: HedonisticBot
Purple: darkesaint
Pink: Starwinter
Bronze: ProtomanX

Power Ups:
Zeus- Gold Power (5 rangers must be present)
Artemis- Silver Power ( 3 rangers must be present)
Heracles- Copper Power (2 rangers must be present)

Character Template

Name:
Olympus Medallion/Power Ranger Color:
Weapon: (i.e. Artemis' Bow or Zeus Thunderbolt)
Zord:
Bio: (Does not need to be long, but some details would be nice.)
Pot Luck: (likes, dislikes, hobbies. Anything to give your character a little dimension)

Purple Ranger
Name: Pascal Morte
Appearance:
Olypmus Medallion/Power Ranger Color: Hades Medallion/Purple Power Ranger
Weapon: Hades' Fork
Zord: Cerebus
Bio: Pascal is one of those young men who find himself born into a richness that seems to pollute the mind. While always kindhearted in his early years, Pascal often let his wealth get to his head and found himself paying to be liked. A bit of removal from society for a couple years, and Pascal has come back to his roots of compassion and light-hearted (though sometimes dark and macabre) humor. While he still has a small bit of snobby rich kid syndrome, he tries to not get caught up in that mindset too much again.
Pot Luck: Likes mystery novels. Hates romantic comedy movies. Hobbies include drinking cappuccinos and reading depressing poetry.
Last edited by darkesaint on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

darkesaint
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Power Rangers: Olympus (OOC & Signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HedonisticBot on Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:04 pm

((Hope this is ok... just joined so don't be too mean.))

Name: Victoria
Appearance:
Olympus Medallion/Power Ranger Color: Athena Medallion/Yellow Ranger
Weapon: Athena's Buckler
Zord: Acropolis the Owl
Bio: A determined young woman, Victoria likes to make it a point to let everyone know what she thinks. Her studies have always come first, and she is not afraid to prove her intelligence over a challenger. That said, she's not one to get arrogant about her smarts, but is modest for the most part. She is also a strong fighter, never willing to back down until she cannot do any more.
Pot Luck: Likes Chess, dislikes gambling, hobbies include memorizing the encyclopedia and practicing her French whenever possible.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HedonisticBot
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby darkesaint on Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:59 am

Accepted! Only three more and we got ourselves a ranger team! Stay tuned and anyone out there considering this roleplay... don't be scared! It's going to be a lot of fun!

darkesaint
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starwinter on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:37 am

I'll come on as the pink ranger if you can give me a bit to make a profile. I just wanna do some research on the Goddesses real quick.

Starwinter
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby darkesaint on Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:56 pm

Sure! That works for me!

darkesaint
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheunholybondZ on Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:47 pm

Name: Grant Graves or G.G.
Appearance: Image
Olympus Medallion/Power Ranger Color:Ares Madelon/ Red
Weapon: Ares Sword
Zord: Flaming Phoenix
Bio: As a kid he loved to fight and battle others. He grew up on long island and has a thick accent.
He was raised in a small house with ten borthers who beat him up most eveyday which made him rock solid as he got older.
Pot Luck:
Dislikes: Overly happy people, Children to a point,and Taco's
Hobbies: He dose different fighting styles like Kick boxing and Tia Ki Pia. He also rebuilds cars in his spare time.
Last edited by TheunholybondZ on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Time is but a limitation put on the mind of those who think immortality is an impossibility truth be told that immortality can be reached by what you say in do in this life. It may not be physically possible to be immortal but being remembered is a step in the right direction."

TheunholybondZ
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby darkesaint on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:24 pm

Sounds great unholy, but maybe a name would be nice? :P either way you're approved just make sure you give your guy a name. :)

darkesaint
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheunholybondZ on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:43 pm

there you go ^-^

TheunholybondZ
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby darkesaint on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:24 am

Awesome, so now all we need is Starwinter's profile for Pink, and someone to take Blue's spot... Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

darkesaint
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WunderkiD on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:57 am

Name: Harold Marx
Appearance:
Olympus Medallion/Power Ranger Color: Hypnos Medallion/Blue Ranger
Weapon: Hypnos' Power Gun
Zord: Giant Numbfish
Bio: New to the city, Harold has had a bit of a messy past, having been caught up in a hacking scandal that ended in him being forbidden to use a computer. He has moved to the city to start a new life, and hopefully get his priorities in check. While having been banned from computers, Harold has gone to some lengths to get his hands on a laptop here and there. Being invited into the Command Center could probably be Dr. Cranston's downfall...
Pot Luck: Likes techno and tacos, dislikes country and sushi. Hobbies include blogging under his pseudonym BlueBoy and playing practical jokes on people.
Last edited by WunderkiD on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WunderkiD
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby darkesaint on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:16 am

Awesome! You're approved wunder and it looks like we've got a full team! I'll get an IC up soon and hopefully Starwinter will have her pink profile done :).

darkesaint
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:46 am

Aww man... I saw potential for quite a few unique fighting styles based on Gods and Goddesses... that nobody used... oh well.

Think of it... Dionysus (I think that's how it's spelled) could provide a very comical drunken fighting style. Apollo would have basically allowed for someone to be like Pit from Kid Icarus/Brawl. Heracles/Hercules would have made for an interesting strength-based character.

Isn't a Fork and Trident the same thing? Kinda redundant... *shrugs*

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starwinter on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:42 am

Name: Brooke Cooper
Appearance: Image
Olympus Medallion/Power Ranger Color: Eos Medallion/ Pink Ranger
Weapon: (i.e. Artemis' Bow or Zeus Thunderbolt) Eos' Whip
Zord: Horse
Bio: Brooke grew up a member of a pretty average American family. She has both a mother and father, and an older brother. At age 5, Brooke's parents divorced. At first Brooke lived with her mother, who instilled all the "proper" things girls were supposed to like into Brooke. A few years later, Brooke's mother moved out of the country and sent Brooke to live with her father and her brother. Realizing how out of place she was, Brooke quickly took to doing more physically demanding activities, rock climbing being one of her favorites. Since her brother and father were already so close, Brooke felt as though she had to prove herself by being just as good at things as her brother. This instilled her "anything boys can do, girls can do better" attitude. This also made her stubborn, and a bit of a jealous person. There are many sides to Brooke, and she hates when people judge her without seeing the whole picture.
Pot Luck: Likes- Books, rock climbing, horses riding, shopping, and make up.
Dislikes - People who smoke, clowns, the dark, thunder and lightning, live fish and leafy green foods.
Hobbies - Horseback riding, rock climbing, reading and shopping.

Alright, Eos is a little bit more of an obscure goddess, but basically she is the Goddess of the Dawn. She usually helps out Apollo but has her own little chariot and everything.

Starwinter
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WunderkiD on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:28 pm

I changed my mind on the god I wanted for my character... I hope its ok. I figured Poseidon was too cliche, so I tried something else. Let me know.

WunderkiD
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby darkesaint on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm

Um... thanks Protoman? Funny how you have all these opinions after all the spots are taken, but I digress...

Good job Starwinter! I like your profile, it will be a nice change!

WunderkiD... that's fine, it looks ok to me either way.

Anyone else want to change their profile before we start? I'll give you a day to do so just in case...

darkesaint
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starwinter on Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:57 pm

Yeah it took me forever (clearly) to pick a goddess. Originally I thought Aphrodite, cause pink and love kinda go together. Then I decided that was kinda lame. Then I thought Artemis, had a whole profile done for her... only to remember that Lexie uses a bow. So I scratched that one and dug deeper. I wanted to make her as different from Lexie as possible. Since Lexie is the ultimate team player... I thought hey, why not make Brooke a jealous little brat.

Starwinter
Member for 15 years

Re: Power Rangers: Olympus (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby darkesaint on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:17 am

Ok, so the IC is up now. There is a link at the top of this thread and it should still be up in the "Latest Threads" for now. Go post!

darkesaint
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:29 am

Yeah, my timing is just sh**y like that. I viewed the thread twice before (once before anyone had joined, and another after Hedon joined) and for the life of me couldn't really think of a interesting god/goddess to base a character around. And of course, as per the crappiness of my timing, the spots were all gone by the time I actually had thought of something.

Anyway, it's my own fault for not reserving a spot like a smart person.

Unless, of course, you intend to do the obligatory extra ranger later on?

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby darkesaint on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:20 am

Well, actually I was contemplating it... Something to do with when the jar was shattered, its protector was released as well in the form of a ranger. I'm thinking he could work for Nodroz as he's rebelling against the jar at the moment, then do a team switch at the last minute. If you want to grab the spot, you could throw together a character for it and jump in the IC in a little bit. Just let me know...

darkesaint
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:19 am

Sure but... I have no idea what to put. What is the nature of the protector? Is he too supposed to be Greek God/Goddess or something else entirely?

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!