Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Project MK-Ultra MK.2-Interest Check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Project MK-Ultra MK.2-Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:01 pm

The calendar reads January 13, 2013. The world is still in the throes of one of it's greatest global panics. The stock-market is just restarting, after a total standstill lasting a full two weeks. All bank accounts read the same balance as they did before. The stock prices are miraculously the same amount they were before the reckoning, the end, the apocalypse, or whatever people wanted to call it. Neither fire, nor massive volcanic eruptions, nor asteroids, or viruses, or nuclear holocaust struck the globe on that day. Yet, half a billion people-five hundred million souls-all perished on that day. The preliminary cause? Suicide. Nothing more than a wild pandemic of chaos and fear spread throughout the collective human race, united in doubt and expectation which proved to be too much.

Or at least, that was the sentiment being echoed by virtually all the major world governments.

Meanwhile, in a harshly lit austere room, a pair of men dressed in fully ventilated and enclosed HazMat suits stand over a metal table. Over the table lays the remains of an otherwise healthy twenty something year old. After a few routine incisions, and documentation of finding, a bone saw revs up to life. As the brain of the cadaver is exposed, the man with the bone saw says to the other: "Call the Director. MKULTRA II is a success."

This is an interest check for a new RP I'm planning to cook up. The above is a taste, and at this point, working intro for this possible future RP. The premise is this: The CIA never stopped Project MK-Ultra, but instead exposed their failures to the world to see as they continued to work on the real deal. This new project, designated MK-Ultra Mk.II, works. And not only did it work, but it was responsible for the death of five hundred million around the world. The RP is to center around me and someone who will be my Co-GM acting as the CIA/various American Government assets, while you, the players will lead your characters first from this post-2012 world, to the discovery that something is amiss, to surviving the attempts against you from those who wish to keep the truth hidden, to perhaps doing something about it.

You could be a retired FBI agent, a house-wise, a Chinese counter-intelligence agent, a deadly Mossad assassin, a hacker who got into the wrong database and is now way in over his head, or any other realistic possibility you could conjure and make work. The question is this: No matter who you are, do you think you have what it takes to survive when both your life, and perhaps your own free will are on the line?

Tell me what you guys think, any opinions, changes you would like to see, and any ideas you would like to add if interested.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Project MK-Ultra MK.2-Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:02 pm

I'm definitely interested. Though, I have no ideas or anything to throw up yet, and it's midnight and I'm dead tired. But, it's an awesome idea and once I've had time to mull it all over I'm sure I'll have ideas :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kabnit on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:09 pm

I too am interested.

Kabnit
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:35 pm

I'm intrested, but, I have no clue what the project MK---. is. o-o;
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Great Thundorz on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Definitely caught my interest.

Teh Great Thundorz
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seloc on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:24 pm

I'll poke my head in.
"Blood is the International Currency for Freedom" - General Vlacu

Seloc
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:55 pm

AzricanRepublic will be my Co-Gm for this RP. We're currently in the process of doing some research to bring you a more immersive RP experience. As we work on more plot elements, more information might be made available. Expect the RP to be up in perhaps a week, or a few days at the least from now. Once it is made, I will personally PM all who have expressed interest here about it.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ubah on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Very awesome idea. Count me in.

Ubah
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!