Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

PRP: The Cure

a topic in Private Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

For all non-public roleplay, regardless of genre. Your roleplay belongs here if you do not have public signups.

Re: PRP: The Cure

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Born In Darkness on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:30 am

She smiled. "No, I'm not going to run off." she chuckled. "I couldn't if I wanted to. You go ahead and sleep, I'll make sure none of the others break in or anything." Never once had she imagined protecting a werewolf."You do look very tired, haven't you been sleeping?" she asked.
Moon Hangs Round A Blade Over My Head
Reminds Me What To Do Before I'm Dead
Night Consumes Light And All I Dread
Sun Reclines Tease My Mind
Reminds Me What To Leave Behind
Light Eats Night And All I Never Said

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Born In Darkness
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathByChocolate on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:54 pm

Adrien rubbed the back of his neck, trying to work out a kink in it. He thought about his sleeping patterns, and had to admit that they were a little off.

"Well, no, not well anyway. You know how you found me out beneath the lamppost tonight? Well, that's were I am most nights, I'm afraid. You see, it's the only time I feel a hundred percent comfortable in the outside world, so I like to make the most of it. I usually sleep a couple hours in the morning, but that's about it."

Adrien yawned and stretched his arms out to the side.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DeathByChocolate
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Born In Darkness on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:50 pm

She nodded. "I can understand that. I love being outside. I love the sun too but that's not an option anymore." she smiled. "It should be morning soon, do you have a dark room I could stay in?" she asked, looking out the window. It was already starting to get lighter. "I don't really feel like burning today."

Born In Darkness
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathByChocolate on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:12 pm

"Umm . . . yes, yes of course," he said quickly, trying not to show his discomfort with offering a woman his bedroom, "upstairs. It's the darkest room. The curtains are very thick, as well as being a dark red. So, you're more than welcome to use it as long as the sun is up. I'll just, sleep down here."

He went over to a small closet and pulled out an old blanket and pillow that he kept in case he should ever have guest. He of course, never had to use them before today, and he never thought he would be using them for himself. He let the blanket fall, the air causing it to billow and land open on the ground. He then dropped the pillow a the head of the blanket and looked down at his makeshift bed.

"Yes, I'm sure this will be rather comfortable," he grinned, looking up at Raven.

DeathByChocolate
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Born In Darkness on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:23 pm

"Thank you, Adrien." she said. "Have a good sleep." she moved out of the way of the window as the sun came up, and walked to the stairs. She turned back to him long enough to say; "I'll see you when the sun sets." then she ran up the stairs in a blur and got into the darkness as quickly as possible.

Born In Darkness
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathByChocolate on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:33 pm

He watched her as best he could as she ran up the stairs, and only when her form was completely out of sight did he settle himself down on the floor as comfortably as he could. He rolled around for a few moments, like a cat searching for the most comfortably position to lay in before it could actually fall asleep. He finally settled to laying flat on his back, his legs slightly apart, and his arms raised comfortably above his head.

He sighed, finding himself drifting in that place between waking and dreaming as thoughts flooded his mind. With images of Raven in his head, he finally drifted of to sleep.

DeathByChocolate
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Born In Darkness on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:50 pm

Raven sighed and leaned against the wall, closing her eyes. Sleep would be a gift right now, she had nothing to do. She started pacing and humming tunelessly to herself. Her mind was racing. Thoughts of everything that had happened tonight. She didn't know how to protect Adrien from the other vampires. Most of them were far more powerful then her. "What do I do? How can I help him if being here leads the others to where he is?" she muttered.

Born In Darkness
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathByChocolate on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:13 pm

Adrien stirred slightly and stretched his body. He did not know how long he had been asleep, but when he looked out the window, he could see it was still light outside, possibly late afternoon as the sky was beginning to look a bit hazy. He pulled himself into a sitting position and scratched the top of his head with a yawn, trying to remember why he had fallen asleep on the floor.

Then, suddenly, something struck in his memory. A pair of blood red eyes.

"Raven," he shouted to himself, the events of the previous night flooding back to him.

DeathByChocolate
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Born In Darkness on Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:30 pm

She heard him do to her fantastic hearing but figured he'd just woken up or something and fell back on the bed. She couldn't leave the room until it was dark or she'd burn. She closed her eyes and sighed. She'd had time to think and figured that if they could keep hidden, the other vampire would think they both died in the fight.

Born In Darkness
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathByChocolate on Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:49 pm

Adrien got up and rubbed his eyes. He crept quietly toward the staircase, although when he thought about it, there was no need for sneaking. He stood at the base of the stairs and strained his ears to listen for any sounds. He heard nothing. At first he panicked, thinking that Raven had left, or perhaps that it had all been a dream. He almost rushed up the stairs. But, if Raven was still there, it wouldn't be polite to rush in on someone unannounced, and so he walked halfway up the stairs and called to her.

"Raven? Are you there? May I come up?"

DeathByChocolate
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Born In Darkness on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:00 pm

She sat up quickly. "Yes, come in." she called, standing up and walking across the room to stand by the door. Raven made sure to move far enough out of the way so that if any light was coming through the door it wouldn't hit her.

Born In Darkness
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathByChocolate on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:08 pm

He smiled as he heard her voice. So, he hadn't been dreaming after all. He practically ran up the remaining steps, stopping at the door and turning the knob. He pushed the door open gently, and peeked his head through. The light that shone into the room revealed nothing, and he raised an eyebrow, wondering where Raven could be. He stepped into the room and closed the door behind him. His eyes had trouble adjusting to the darkness, and it took a minute for him to see Raven standing not far from him.

"Hello," he smiled.

DeathByChocolate
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Born In Darkness on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:16 pm

"Hello." she said. "You can turn on a lamp if you want, they don't bother me." she said noticing he was having trouble seeing her. She could see him just fine so she took a step forward and smiled. "Did you think I had left or something, you sounded panicked when you were walking up here?" she asked.

Born In Darkness
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathByChocolate on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:27 pm

Adrien smiled sheepishly, and walked over to the lamp beside his bed. He turned it on and faced Raven.

"Umm . . . well, I wasn't exactly sure. I thought that maybe it had all been some sort of crazy dream. Or, I thought maybe you had realized what a terrible mistake you were making and left. So, I thought I either made you up, or scared you away. I was a little panicked. But . . . you're here," he said, stepping closer to her. "I was going to ask if you slept well. Silly me."

Adrien laughed.

DeathByChocolate
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Born In Darkness on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:36 pm

Raven chuckled. "No not really, I feel like I haven't slept in years." she joked. "How did you sleep?" she asked. "I hope you slept well because I already feel guilty enough for stealing your room." she said, not smiling now, though she still looked happy.

Born In Darkness
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathByChocolate on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:48 pm

"Slept like a rock. I didn't wake up once, which is unusual. I usually toss and turn. And don't feel guilty about the room. I was more than happy to give it to you," Adrien said with a smile.

He shuffled his feet a bit. He had a question on his mind but he was afraid to ask it.

"Raven . . . aren't you putting yourself in danger . . . helping me, I mean. Your, coven, did you call it? They're not exactly going to be happy about this, are they?"

DeathByChocolate
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Born In Darkness on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:55 pm

"Yes. If they find me they'll kill me." she said. "But it's worth it to help you. I've never met a werewolf that wants to be human again. Most of them like what they are." she smiled. "Your unique."

Born In Darkness
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathByChocolate on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:35 pm

Adrien smiled, but from the look in his eyes, it was obvious the smile was false.

"It's not that I don't appreciate was you're doing for me Raven, and Lord knows I want nothing more than to be human again, but . . . if it means putting you in danger . . . I'm not sure I'm okay with that. If anything happened to you . . . how would I be able to live with myself?"

DeathByChocolate
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Born In Darkness on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:44 pm

She reached out and took his hand. "I've lived with them long enough to know that once I'm no longer useful they'll dispose of me." she said quietly. "I'm glad that I can at least be helpful if I do die. So don't worry about me." she smiled though her eyes were sad.

Born In Darkness
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathByChocolate on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:54 pm

Adrien looked down at their entwined hands. He could not help but feel a little nervous. It was a kind of nervous that he had never felt before.

He cleared his throat. "So umm . . . you're not close to your coven then?" he asked, without much thought to what he was saying. His attention was still focused on the feeling of her hand in his, and the strange fluttering in the pit of his stomach.

What's wrong with me? he wondered.

DeathByChocolate
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!