Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

a punch up at a wedding.

a topic in Poetry, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

For the assorted types of poetry.

a punch up at a wedding.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marten on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:15 am

They tell me that it snowed late on Friday night. I didn't see it. As far as I'm concerned, it never happened. When something rare occurs, humanity reaches its most devastating extreme: obsession. Obsession, friends, comes in many forms. Sometimes it comes as overbearing love. Othertimes it comes as hatred. The mode by which it manifests itself is irrelevant, though. What's important to understand is that when the brain doesn't comprehend it, it must use a superficial symbol that it can better understand. I have convinced myself (and been mandated 'delusional' by my psychologist for it) that everything around me is nothing more than an emblem used to put a cap on "infinity." These words that you are reading are entirely infinite but because the brain isn't capable of discerning thoughts on that level (at least, while conscious) we must give meaning and create human-made representations in order to understand what's there. This in mind, the word (and all of its products) are infinitely powerful and meaningful, you just don't understand them. I feel as if I have gone off on a tangent. What was I saying? Oh, yes. Obsession is what we don't understand and the way it manifests itself reflects what we understand the best. Fear or hatred? E pluribus duo. Yes, fear and hatred are both very human emotions. It's arguable that no other species even experiences them. They act on impulse, we act on desire. They act on extreme logic, we act on moderate illogic. Corner and kill, corner and kill. Well, what? What now, humans? Corner and what? Kill? I don't think so. Some might argue that animal altruism disproves this theory. Those people are fools. Altruism among animals is completely and totally random. There are many more factors that must be taken into account when studying the behavior of something as complex as the encephalon. The rate at which random events occur is one of those things. So, consider it. Bitch. That being said, there's only one question that I have to ask you: "Doesn't it snow every night?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Marten
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: a punch up at a wedding.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:34 pm

This seems like rambling. ;/ Not necessarily bad, but I can't put my finger on any specific point being made. I'm not even sure if it is poetry, although it doesn't seem to qualify for anything more specific. Just a gush of thought.

And yes, it does snow every night. :)
conditio sine qua non

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!