Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Race for Apocalypse OOC

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Race for Apocalypse OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blondegamer on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Setting:
A fantasy/ sci-fi like world. Somewhat like final fantasy. The world is called Vita. The nations and creatures are of your creation

Story:
Millions of years ago a weapon was created. This weapon had the potential to destroy everything in existence. Figuring out the power he had made, its creator locked it away in a cavern that could only be opened by a certain amulet. Many people sought after this amulet for multiple reasons, riches, protection, world domination, but its creator protected it till the end. He died protecting it. The amulet fell into hands unknown and the cavern was opened.
The location of the weapon remained a secret for the years to come. Eventually however, there was a leak and now the existence of the weapon is know in the open. The weapon commonly known as “Apocalypse”, is know the quest for many the adventurer.
Why will you search for Apocalypse? World domination? Power? Money? To keep it from falling into the wrong hands? What alliances will you keep? The decision is up to you.

I would like for this to continue so only dedicated RPers please

Character Skeleton:

Name:
Race: (If something besides human)
Appearance:
Reason for wanting the Weapon:
Bio:

Remember the more detailed the better
Its better to ask forgiveness... than permission

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

blondegamer
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Race for Apocalypse OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noctemwolf on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:33 pm

This looks like it could be fun. Mind if a new member were to join you?
Name: Alcatrese
Race: Human
Appearance: His skin is tan from traveling. He has long white hair which bears the trappings of having once been well kept. A Pair of deep blue eyes stare out, usually appearing to look somewhere else. Though not built to look particularly intimidating, he is quite handsome. He is not quite so muscular as a strongman or a powerful warrior, but despite his lean build, his muscles are well toned. Though usually covered in a fine layer of dust from the wilderness, he takes good care of himself.
Reason for wanting the Weapon: Alcatrese has a large interest in ancient objects, trinkets, and knowledge, so the search for Apocalypse seems quite a fitting, if daunting challenge.
Bio: (I'm guessing this is where we make up nations and creatures, right?)
As a young child, Alcatrese lived with his family in the feudal lands of Argailion. Though of royal heritage, he found that the life of a nobleman was not what he wanted; unlike most of his family, he had a thirst for knowledge, in particular for ancient objects and cultures. One night, he escaped from his families grounds, carrying their ancient heirloom; a sword which was indestructible. Now, years later, he looks for Apocalyspe, the ancient weapon of might, so as to learn of its significant power. (Is there magic in this world as well?)
Magic: the magic that Alcatrese learns is of the subtle kind. Most of his magic involves little things that improve life, such as telekinesis to move objects around. He is also quite adept at illusion spells.
characters/Alcatrese
Last edited by Noctemwolf on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Slow Poster Alert: Expect me to post, but be ready to wait. Life is hectic.
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Noctemwolf
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blondegamer on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:42 pm

Yes there is magic.
And you are accepted.
Its good to have you aboard. :) welcome to the RP world. I just need a few more people before I'm ready to make the IC.

Also since your new keep in mind to keep your posts literate and longer than 2 or 3 lines, and to keep up with the rp so it doesn't die kay?

Thanks and welcome :D

blondegamer
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:10 pm

(lol i cant sleep, so I'm just gonna post anyway XD)

[EDIT]

Name: Alexander kordu

Appearance:

Reason for wanting the Weapon: To keep away evil

Bio:

Alex was abandoned when he was a kid, so he had to fend for himself. This made him as strong as he is today. Alex stumbled upon an old abandoned building. When he went inside, he was sucked into Vita via (lol) a hidden portal. He then had to become used to the weird creatures that were abundant all across Vita. He had found himself a girlfriend pretty fast because of his looks. Her name was Dytaliz (Die-towel-is). She was half human and half vampire. Just the kinda girl he likes! XD. He had heard about Apocalypse from a scholar that lived nearby his home (which was a sturdy build cabin). He knew at once what he had to do to keep evil at bay. He shined his trusted sword and prepared his icy magic for an adventure.
Last edited by Sirpokealot on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is like the coldest winter
People freeze the tears I cry
Words of hail their minds are into
I've got to crack this ice and fly
-Hitch a Ride; Boston

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blondegamer on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:13 pm

erm....do you mind making an original character please?

and I'll post my character tommorow. My mom wants me off.

blondegamer
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:15 pm

grrrr. fine. ill make up something. History will pretty much be the same >.> ill edit it out meanie! XD

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeoOfVgCats on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:19 pm

Ooohh, sounds fun.
When you say its like FF, will there be flying ships and stuff like that? Sort of like steampunk+magic?
But anyways, this sounds fun.
Although I perfer paragraph posts. However, if its what you want, I'll keep it at 2 3 lines.

And also, would it be okay to make like 1 or 2 supporting (extra) characters?

Name: Hellingame Van Dammit

Appearance:

Stands about 5'9"

haha, I just realized how old Skies of Arcadia is. I still loved that game.

Reason for wanting the Weapon:
Wouldn't you like to know?

Bio: He's a shady character. The young and shady captain of the shady flying ship The Van Damsel. My, even a shady name.

Now stop laughing and pretend its not made of lego.
A very small and lightly armed, yet fast, vessel, manned by him and 4 of his friends. (If blondegamer is being a meanie again and won't let me make extra characters, the people who join later can be part of the crew xD)

I love how like in EVERY SINGLE rp, there's always that one person who tries to be all mysterious and stuff, arming themselves with oriental (preferably japanese) weapons to look ninja, and their history always has something to do with being abandoned at a young age (what's with these parents nowadays?) or running away from home.

Soooo........
Leon K. Mabaera was born in the nation of Arcadia, a small country on the southern hemisphere of Vita, also the maker of quality ramen and small airships. When he was 14, his 4w5um pwn4ge at mock war games (somewhat like our world's paintball) lead to others calling him a devil in the sport, or hell in game. The name Hellingame stuck.

When he was 18, he entered the shipping industry to support his middle class family. While registering him for his airship permit, the registral clerk asked Hellingame for his name. Just when he was about to say Hellingame K Mabaera, Hellingame stepped on a loose nail, and yelled "AH DAMN IT!!" in pain. Of course, being from Arcadia, he spoke it with a Arcadian accent, and it turned out more like "VAN DAMMIT!!!".
The name Hellingame Van Dammit stuck.

Life as in the shipping industry was prosperous, but Hellingame soon found that raiding shipping industry held ships was much more fun. Of course, he kept his head low, and only took what he needed, leading to authorities to pay him little to no attention. His crew consisted only of his childhood friends, and his anonymous "imports" helped his hometown flourish

One day, while eating a cup of his favorite ramen, Noods, his eyes came upon a post on the bulletin board of the town he was in, informing him of the rediscovery of the "Apocalypse". Thinking it might be some type of celestial level ramen that used real meat instead of tofu pieces (no, he knew it was a weapon), Hellingame gathered up his stuff and jumped onto his ship with his friends, sailing off to find Apocalypse.

As for himself, Hellingame is a person who acts on impulse, never taking things seriously, and an all out "savvy" person, (think Jack Sparrow). He dislikes the spillage of blood, and perfers being humourous rather than evil. Comes up with "perfect evil little plans" with Zephyr, his right hand man.

Weaponz: A Light-magic enforced scimitar (go away spelling Nazis if this is spelled incorrectly), a pistol.
His ship is armed with 1 88mm Light Cannon, 2 gatling guns (as shown in middle picture above), and
1 anti-air seated gun (below). Also has a storage of a variety of rifles and sub-Machine guns.

Magik: While Hellingame does not have magic that can be used directly (such as throwing energy balls or levitating shit), he especially strong in Fortification magic. When used on melee weapons, such as his scimitar, the blade is strengthened and the energy becomes an extension of the blade (think Naruto with chakra blade). Same with pistol shots, which are strengthened.
Last edited by LeoOfVgCats on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
When life gives you lemons...find someone who was given tequila and have a fiesta.

LeoOfVgCats
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blondegamer on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:24 pm

i like paragraph form too...

I just meant it as more of a "I Dont want one liners" make it as long as you want.

oh! and accepted.

blondegamer
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeoOfVgCats on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:41 pm

OH OH
crap, sorry
I didn't read it carefully.

I thought you meant, keep it at 2 or 3 lines xD
*hits self on head*

LeoOfVgCats
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noctemwolf on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:44 pm

I have something to use as a picture to sort of show what My character looks like:
And do you know if there is a way to edit previous posts?

Noctemwolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeoOfVgCats on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:50 pm

theres a button that says "Edit"
I thought it was kinda straight forwards xD

It's on the left of your prof pic (in your case, the no avatar thing)
left of summon moderator

LeoOfVgCats
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noctemwolf on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:12 pm

found it! the button was hidden for some reason.

Noctemwolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:51 pm

Name: Zen Fathomare
Race: Sage
Appearance: 5' 11", 200 lbs, Black hair, blood red eyes. He usually wears a long cloak of either brown, white, black, or a deep red. It's very rare to see him without any cloak. It's more rare to see him without gloves on (usually matching the colors of the cloak).
Reason for wanting Weapon: His true purpose is unknown, but it seems to be for a good reason.
Bio: Zen lived thousands of years ago when there were great city's of mages. The strongest of the mages were known as Sages yet there were a few that stood out even among the sages. There was no official name for these so called "super powered" magic weilders, but many just refered to them as "beings". Zen was born from two of the strongest of these "beings". He was a young prodigy using magic that ten year olds were learning but he was at the age of 1. He trained hard each day with these "beings" and earned the title of sage at 20 years old. All good things must come to an end however. One night a great war broke out. Every race was involved. Many creatures were dying and Zen had almost lost his life. His parents locked him in a containment pod and he entered a magic induced sleep. His life was spared, but at a cost. He would wake up only in a time where he was needed. He would know noone. Some may think it was a steep price. The "beings" ended the war. They sacrificed themselves to bring peace to the land. Thousands of years later Zen awoke. He found out what happened, and he now searches for the weapon of great destruction.
Weapons: He carry's 2 Katana on his waist and one greatsword on his back. He also has a spellbook.
Abilities/Magic: He mainly controls elemental magic. The other magic he can perform is to change his clothes quickly, react to things fast (like a spidey sense thing) and he can create force fields (only good to stop bullets and arrows from hitting him. Anything else can get through).

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:18 am

lol noctem i loved the movie that ur avi is from!

XD

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blondegamer on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:51 am

Thanks guys. You're all accepted. Give me a min to make my character and ill start an OOC Thanks!

EDIT

Name: Alisia Raven Claw

Race: Shadowkin (A race of my own design is that okay? I’ll put a description down below, if not I can make a new character)

Appearance:

Reason for wanting the weapon: She is a thief for hire.

Bio
The Shadowkins are a race that almost look human aside from their white blonde hair, pale skin, and electric blue eyes. They are often mistaken as albinos. They have the ability to shift and morph shadows to do their bidding. This includes many powers, such as being able to travel through the shadows, use them to attack and ect. They are almost extinct, except for a select few. Alisia’s parents died when she was small and she was raised by her brother for most of her life. He didn’t know how he was going to raise alisia he was only 14 when his parents passed away, so he joined a band of thieves, because of his unique shadowkin abilities he was the perfect thief, able to hide perfectly in the shadows, control them to his will. Alisia was raised among the thieves, her brother died on the job. It only seemed fitting she would take his place. So she did. She quickly climbed the ranks and is now one of the most highly regarded thieves in Vita.
Alisia is dry and a little dark, very sarcastic and crule. She means well but is often taken as a mean and heartless individual. Alisia can also be flirtatious at times, although in her own way. She doesn’t mean it in want of a relationship but in a more sarcastic sort of way. This can also be taken the wrong way. All in all Alisia is a complex individual that keeps everyone guessing on her real intentions.

blondegamer
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:03 pm

Sorry it took so long to post >.<' internet went *fizzet*

Name: Xai Tao
Race: Neko Demon
Appearance: Image
Reason for wanting the Weapon: To help with her races war.
Bio: Xai was born about three years before war broke out on her planet. The Artasins(Xai's Race) and the Hybrid race have been fighting for domination of Akir (Home Planet). Recently the Hybrids have been winning and are about to annihilate the Artasins. Until her farther, a traveler of the galaxy, heard about the location of the legendary weapon Apocalypse. Xai decided that she would go to Earth and try to find it, so she could bring it back and save her race. Little does she know things aren't as they seem
ImageImageImageImageImage

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeoOfVgCats on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:46 pm

I'm sorry XaiTao, I oppose yaoi. xD
And I also thought the world the story and the Apocalypse is Vita, not Earth.
Poor Sirpokealot had to travel trhough a portal from Earth to get to Vita.

Anyways, just as a reminder, anyone is welcome to become a crewmember of the Van Damsel.
Remember, a pirate is an awesome job, as you get two types of booty in one day.

Anyways, I'm going to add two supporting characters to my ship. Is that okay with you blondegamer?

Presenting.......The Gunslinger Duo! (they're actually bro/sis, but duo sounds much more awesome, also imagine the dude wearing a white cowboy hat)

The Dude
Name: Zephyr Y. Candore
Race:: Human,
Appearance:: As stated in the above pic. Slightly taller than Van Dammit, at 5'10'. Wears a white cowboy hat.
Reason for wanting the Weapon:: He doesn't really want it, just thought adventure would be cool.

Bio:
A fellow Arcadian, Zephyr is a true Arcadian, as well as a member of the military honor based Candore family....well, almost, except he went AWOL at age 19 to join Hellingame, much to his uncle's and late father's chargin. A great shot at a fast paced, short range battle field, Zephyr usually acts as the vanguard of raids. Quick accurate shots are his game, altho longer ranges and melee prove his frustration.

His personality is a happy go lucky or, in his sister opinion, a 21 year old with a mind of a 5 yr old. With enthusiasm to talk and act without thinking second only to the captain, Zephyr puts fun and protection of his friends ahead of safety....which sometimes puts his friends in even more danger.....but its all in good nature xD.
Perfers never to take things seriously, and always comes up with "perfect evil little plans" with the like-minded Hellingame, and spends his 24 hours a day amongst sleeping, eating, raiding ships, reading the awesome yellow magazine Girlies, and peeping on girls.

Very protective of his sister and obsessive about her safety (although in the end he's usually the one that needs saving), usually resulting in him getting riddled with her bullets. (Think D.Grayman, Lenalee's brother)
Weaponz
He has enough revolvers and sawed off shotguns in his coat to make you doubt the laws of physics.
Magicz:
His right eye (the one covered by hair) was redone by a mysterious man of magic, and can see about one second into the future at slow pace, allowing him to dodge bullets and punches at a certain extent, as well as have near perfect aim. However, this power takes away two things:
One is energy, wearing him down if used long enough.
Two is cross vision. This limits his effective vision to about 120 feet, rendering him near sighted.

The Chick
Name: Elesis Candore
Race:: Human
Appearance:: As stated in the above pic. Stands about 5'6".......wears C-Cups, just in case anyone wished to know.
Reason for wanting the Weapon:: She doesn't really want it, just following (keeping an eye on) her brother and her childhood friend.
Bio:
Four words:
She Will Kick Your Ass.....wait, that was five.

A fellow Arcadian, a true member of the Candore family too....well, almost, except she also went AWOL at age 17 to chase after her brother, much to her uncle's and late father's chargin.
His personality is the opposite of her brother....or, in her brother's opinion, evil. (Think VG Cats, Leo and Airies, go read it at http://www.vgcats.com)

A person of logical thinking, she perfers to show Hellingame and Zephyr some flaws to their "perfect evil little plans" before they carry them out and get themselves killed. Often grabbing her hugeass gatling gun out thin air, she will bonk them both on the head or knock them into the sky (garnished with the little ding sound as they dissappear amongst the stars) with it like a hammer whenever they say something stupid.

Even though she's tough on the outside, she'll have those times where she has "emotions" and be connected to her brother (which is why she's on the ship in the first place). However, she'll never have any hesitation to kick Zephyr's ass if he goes overboard.

Weaponz
The hugeass gatling gun that will, again, make you doubt the laws of physics. On the battle field, she uses it as a heavy support weapon. If on the ship, she'll mount it on a stand and use it as anti-air or serious anti-personnelbutt. Has a bazillion round, and never seems to run out.
If Helly and Zephyr are being dumb, she'll use it as a hammer and make bumps. If they're being really dumb, she'll pump a couple of bullets....i mean a lot of bullets... at them while chasing them around.

Magicz:
When she gets angry, the background behind her will burst into flames, and her gun will fire twice as fast. xD
Last edited by LeoOfVgCats on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LeoOfVgCats
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:01 pm

wow.... maybe black cats more popular then i thought!!!! Zephyr has the exact same power as Sven! XD

lol and Leo, just as blondegamers chars are normally flirty, mine normally have that "orphaned and cool-sword" thing going on, (i had just got around to reading ur first post). plus, mysterious, ninja and vgcats FTW!
Last edited by Sirpokealot on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeoOfVgCats on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:05 pm

-_-"
Very well Sirpokealot, I guess we'll always have a ninja. xD That's what makes a roleplay great.
And I'll stick to my comical relief characters

And no, I don't read Black Cat (tho I know about it).
I kinda made Zephyr's powers by blending Wrath (from Full Metal Alchemist) and Sasuke's Sharigan (Naruto, the part where he and Sasuke battles at that waterfall place)
And as for him having an almost unlimited amount of guns up his coat, that's from Mousse (Ranma 1/2)

Wait, does this Sven have a bazillion revolvers and small arms up his coat too? That'd be fun xD

LeoOfVgCats
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:09 pm

Well, Sven invents most of the ammo that train uses, although, Sven makes alot of weapons for himself, so he will normally have a lot of firepower on him at any given time.

ps. we didnt NEED to know Elesis' measurements, but thank you all the same. jk, jk. lol >.>

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!