Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Race for Apocalypse IC

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Race for Apocalypse IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blondegamer on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:11 pm

Wanna Join?
Click here to sign up!

Setting:
A fantasy/ sci-fi like world. Somewhat like final fantasy. The world is called Vita. The nations and creatures are of your creation

Story:
Millions of years ago a weapon was created. This weapon had the potential to destroy everything in existence. Figuring out the power he had made, its creator locked it away in a cavern that could only be opened by a certain amulet. Many people sought after this amulet for multiple reasons, riches, protection, world domination, but its creator protected it till the end. He died protecting it. The amulet fell into hands unknown and the cavern was opened.
The location of the weapon remained a secret for the years to come. Eventually however, there was a leak and now the existence of the weapon is know in the open. The weapon commonly known as “Apocalypse”, is know the quest for many the adventurer.
Why will you search for Apocalypse? World domination? Power? Money? To keep it from falling into the wrong hands? What alliances will you keep? The decision is up to you.

Character list:
Alisia Ravenclaw (Blondegamer)
Alcatrese (Noctemwolf)
Alexander kordu (Sirpokealot)
Hellingame Van Dammit (LeoOFVgCats)
Zen Fathomare (Magix)

-----------

Alisia stood in the shadows, completely blended. The building hiding her was a hard brick, the stone digging into her partially bare back. Her hands pressed against it, using her powers to hide her. The streets weren’t busy this late at night. The quiet padding of feet filled the fall air. Her target was on the way.

So many people had been flooding the thieves’ guild, wanting to hire people for this “weapon.” Of course now every thief in Vita was after it. But Alisia had the advantage. She wasn’t limited by the restrictions of humanity. Being a shadowkin had its advantages it seemed.

The padding stopped. Muffled voices could be heard. Alisia melded into the wall, disappearing into it. She reappeared out of another wall, closer to where they were, still in the shadows, inexistent to anyone else, invisible. Only her torso was out of the wall, her head leaning toward the two talking.

They were supposed to have information on the location of Apocalypse. That’s what everyone had been calling it. The weapon that had the potential to destroy all of existence. Everyone wanted it for their own reasons. Alisia? She just wanted the cash that she could get by selling it to the highest bidder.

“So, tell me what you know?” the first man spoke. He was cloaked, a black hood pulled over his face, his features hidden. The other figure was more feminine, curvy, a red cloak falling over her face. Alisia recognized her as one of the thieves. Of course. IT would be Sandra who would sell herself as an informant. She didn’t know where the real money was. Little traitor. Making it hard for the rest of them.

“Not much,” the woman admitted. “Just the name of an informant, one you should talk to.” The man scoffed.

“You expect me to pay for that?” the man growled.

“I do if you don’t want me to give the information to my next customer,” She spoke nonchalantly. She didn’t care who the information went to, she probably would give the same information to the next 20 or so idiots that came her way. Angrily the man tossed her a bag of coins.

“The man’s name is Dalton, rumor has it he’s a decedent of the man who made the weapon,” She examined her nails in the light of the street.

“Where is he?” the cloaked man asked.

“I told you I had his name, I didn’t tell you I knew where he was.”

The man growled in aggravation and left. Alisia shrunk back into the shadows.
Last edited by blondegamer on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its better to ask forgiveness... than permission

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

blondegamer
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Race for Apocalypse IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:46 pm

Alex drew his sword. He lunged at the beast, slicing it in two. Suddenly, two whole beasts appeared in the halves place. Alex sliced at those too. The same thing happened again, and again, and again. Then, out of the blue, a HUGE Scorpion tail came out of nowhere, impaling Alex in his place. Alex struggled to get free. The beasts were-

"Ow, my head." Alex said, leaning up in his bed. A bad dream that was. "Whats wrong honey?" his wife, Dytaliz, asked sitting up, the sheets of the bed covering the top part of her breasts. "Nothing, nothing. Just a bad dream." Alex climbed out of bed, telling his wife to go back to sleep. He changed into his normal clothes and went outside.

"If I'm even gonna think about finding this 'Apocalypse', then i will need to brush up on my skills" He said out loud.

Alex walked into the nearby forest. He came to an area that he had set up specifically for this purpose. The were were straw dummies set up in a row, awaiting a sword through their gut.

Alex drew his sword. He chanted the words to his signature ice spell, and his sword turned from gray to a light blue. Cold to the touch, his enhanced sword could withstand and deal out more damage then ever before. He made short work of the dummies and feeling that he had had a good practice, turned and went back home.
Life is like the coldest winter
People freeze the tears I cry
Words of hail their minds are into
I've got to crack this ice and fly
-Hitch a Ride; Boston

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeoOfVgCats on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:22 pm

"ARGH! Yo ho yo ho! C'mon, me lad and lassy! Shi'er me timbers, rum ahead! Har har har..." chanted the young captain, clad in blue, at the helm. The sun shined down on him, highlighting his amber hair as his balloon supported vessel soared above the clouds alongside a lone eagle.

"Hellingame...do you must talk like that?" came a stony response from the bottom deck; the pink-haired girl looked up with a chafed eyebrow raised.

"Nah, me hearty" buzzed the voice of her brother behind her, "Thar thin' ta do to git in characta', us gentlemen o' fortune. Thar sure a scruvy do-"
Bonk......bonk......
===========================================================================

"Ow! The heck was that for, sis?" Zephyr sputtered, rubbing the growing bump on his head, which still hadn't reduced in size even after five minutes.

"Yeah" Hellingame chimmed in. His bump was slightly larger than Zephyr's, but so was his smile. "We've got a while until we reach the next port, so we might as well practice." Grinning, he turned the wheel a little to avoid collision with a flock of birds.

"It wasn't funny in the first couple minutes," an exasperated Elesis sighed, "so hypothetically, it wouldn't be for the entire two and a half hours you two have been at it."
Leaning herself against a mass, Elesis took a breath of fresh air, the hugeass gatling gun she had used to hit the two no more than three minutes ago now disappeared, hidden in an unknown place.
"People like you two are the reason we evolved with middle fingers."

"What?" toned Zephyr, dripping with idiosyncrasy, "I thought that since it was the longest, it was for cleaning your nose and...well, his eyes shined a bit. "that..."
===========================================================================

"You know, Elesis, frequently getting thrown off the ship by you isn't exactly good for his health," Hellingame observed, tallying another mark onto the side of the ship, the seventh one for this month.

"Nah, he'll survive" smiled Elesis like poison honey, "We can pick him up on our way back....unless you want to detour now."

Hellingame sighed as he stood up and walked towards the helm. Grabbing the wheel and giving it a vicious spin, he watched as the clouds parted way and the ground became visible.

Civilians in the city below pointed and awed as the Van Damsel flew by.
Last edited by LeoOfVgCats on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
When life gives you lemons...find someone who was given tequila and have a fiesta.

LeoOfVgCats
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:31 pm

Alex was walking back home when he saw an airship fly over.

"What an odd airship, made of legos, too." (I'm so sorry, I couldn't resist!)

"oh well."

Alex opened the door to his house. Dytaliz was finally getting out of bed and starting to get dressed.
"You know, you look at lot better without those clothes on!"

She gave him a coy look and continued to put on her clothes.

"I'm going to head into town and see if i can't find anything about this sword, wanna come?" Alex asked.

"Sure, just give me a second" Dytaliz replied.

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:14 pm

Zen hadn't been awake for even a year yet. It had been only a few months but he picked up quick on how to act and whatnot. He prefered to stay alone though. He lived that way in the woods. The very enchanted tree in which he had slept for so many years was now his home. Only he or anyone he allowed could enter but that was fine by him. It ensured his privacy.

He wasn't in his home right now though. He was near the edge of the forest. There was a home he knew of nearby and a little further outside there was a city. He stood at the edge overlooking the city now. Above his head flew some kind of flying machine. The technology of this time was clearly not as it was in his time. It also seemed to go that way with magic though.

Zen decided to just head twoard the city. That ship is crewed by at least two and judging by the size and distance from the last port from the direction they were coming they would need to land soon. With only one port around for hundreds of miles he knew just where to go. The quickest route was through the city. If he timed things right then he'd make it just as they landed.

((Meh I'm not good at starter posts lol))

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:53 pm

The city was big. Big enough that Zihark could be sure that he could have a good lead. Where there were cities, there was information. Information in various forms, so many forms it made Zihark almost eager to begin the monotonous search. He decided to check the libraries for folklore of the information. The wild tales of ambitious authors often give more ideas and truths than they appear to be. Tramping up the stairs of the library, he quickly moved to the ancient texts. His master was getting older as he breathed, and he dearly wanted him to still be alive. Even if it is through supernatural means. He noticed an abnormal amount of people searching the texts, and he decided for a older text would be fine. He found one that didn't seem to be touched, compared to the old parchments that were abused by hasty seekers of the weapon. Savages. All of them.

He took all the texts he could find that did not seem touched and began reading them on the steps of the Library.

§

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noctemwolf on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:41 pm

Having finally arrived at the city, Alcatrese could not decide what to do. Should he go to the library, or should he look for lodging? Both were tempting courses of action. If he went to look for lodging, he would actually have a place to stay for the night. But the search would cut down on his reading time.
Finally, his thirst for knowledge overcame his want for shelter.
"I can sleep on the ground one more night if I don't find something before dark..."
Now there was only one more thing to do. Actually find the library. Despite his best efforts on route to the city he hadn't been able to find a decent map. Hopefully he could find someone who knew their way around the place.
Out of the many cities he had visited, this one was quite spectacular. A crowd in the street, merchants in there stalls, yelling out prices and comparisons. Always competing for customers.
"Hey you! In the green cloak!" a merchant yelled toward Alcatrese.
"Who, me?" he said, turning to face the man.
"Yes, you! You look to be quite the traveler, eh?" The Arabian looking man wringed his hand together as he spoke, obviously eager to con another poor tourist.
"I guess so," replied Alcatrese, slightly confused.
"Then you can't go wrong with one of these!" Said the merchant, holding out a medallion to Alcatrese. "This is a protective amulet! It wards away evil spirits, curses, and can even turn a blade aside! The luck it can bring you is indeed stupendous."
"Is that so?" Alcatrese replied politely, while secretly making gestures underneath his cloak.
Since the man continued boasting about the powers of his amulet from making money to getting women, he didn't notice the sight white glow now emanating from Alcatrese' eyes.
This medallion of his had no magical aura of any sort. It was nothing more than a piece of jewelry, and not well crafted at that.
"Thank you, but I think not," Said Alcatrese.
"But why? Such a man as you could surely use-" Said the man, though he was cut short by the object Alcatrese now held out to him.
"Because I already have one," said Alcatrese with a smirk, before turning and walking away.
It wasn't always a good thing to fool people, but you had to have a laugh every now and again, right? Alcatrese chuckled to himself before removing the glamour spell he had placed on his necklace, revealing that it was not made of wood and covered in poorly carved runes. It was actually made of gold, with a lion head poking magnificently from its front, a ruby held in its mouth. His family crest.
Before long, he ended up outside of a building that appeared as if it could be a library. He approached the first person he saw out front.
"Excuse me," He said to a man with lanky brown hair, "But would this happen to be the library?" Alcatrese pushed his round rim glasses back up his nose while he waited for the man to answer.

((I tried to come up with a name for the city, but I couldn't think of a good one. Can anyone give this place a good name?))
Slow Poster Alert: Expect me to post, but be ready to wait. Life is hectic.
Image Image

Noctemwolf
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeoOfVgCats on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:56 pm

[[OOC: Alright, I let's just call the city/town I'm floating over...umm.....Maple Ridge?. Sounds right. We can just start there.]]

"Hey!" yelled Hellingame as he slowly banked the ship into an easy coast above the large town, "I think I see him!".
As the vessel slowly descended dangerously close to the amber roofed buildings, Elesis braced herself for the imminent crash, a never ending pattern made common aboard the VanDamsel. However, this time it didn't come, and both crew member breathed a sigh of relief. Stopping the ship into a hover standstill, Hellingame threw down the rope ladder and slid down, with Elesis quickly following suit.

"I think we can leave the wench hovering there for the day, don't you think?" Hellingame smiled as they stood under the tree that had broken Zephyr's fall.
"Well, at least you didn't park on the govenor's house again," chuckled Zephyr as he slid down the branch. Clearing his long white hair of stubborn leaf bits, he quickly followed the two, and the trio started walking into town, admist the gathering townspeople, each as curious as the next.

The three soon wandered through the doors of the a lively inn with a sign reading The Belching Bull hanging at a slanted angle. Sitting down between the two, Hellingame quickly placed an order. When it came, he took a drink from his cup and stared at it in surprise, as did both Elesis and Zephyr at their's. The wine was chilled. Sweet and clear, it was like liquid sunlight and better than anything the three Arcadians had ever had in their life.

"Alright...since we're here," Elesis took another irresistable sip, "We might as well stock up a bit, especially on food and fuel." Spreading out a map of their route, Elesis sighed as she traced a line to Maple Ridge, their journey having only covered a meager distance. The six months they had been away from home only made everything more frustrating.

Hellingame nodded and drank again, swallowing another splash of the ambrosia. It was cool in his mouth, and it eased the sick tight ball of despair in his belly. He covered his face in his gloved hands as he racked his brain for an answer to tell his friends, whose loyalty he knew he could not do without.
Before he could decide what was best, the barkeep had replaced the jug on the counter. Hellingame heard the glasses being refilled.

Five minutes later....
Zephyr slumped over woozily, a mellow smile plastered onto his face, as the number of words stringing together his fuddled speech matched the number of empty glasses in front of him.

LeoOfVgCats
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:05 am

Zihark looked up from a particularly interesting piece of text. Answering slowly, he quietly took interest in the man's necklace. "Yes, friend. This is indeed a library. A rather grand one at that." he said with a smile. "Forgive me, but might I ask why you would need to visit one?" He asked slowly. Intruding on someone's business was not something to be taken lightly, yet this man was the only one Zihark had talked to all day. He couldn't resist a good conversation. He decided it would not be polite to resume reading while talking, so he marked his place on the scroll and carefully rolled it back up.

§

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:48 pm

Alex went into town with his wife, Dytaliz. He had an idea. He wanted to see if the man with the lego airship knew anything about the sword. Alex figured that the airship owner had been all over the world and knew a lot of things.

He told his wife where he would be and set off to go find them while she looked around the different shops.

He walked around town, following his sense of direction. He came upon the airship, hovering in midair.

"Well, crap. Guess they're around town some where."

His intuition was drawing him toward the town bar, or it could have been his lust for a drink, who knows.

As he walked into the bar he noticed an odd group.

"He must be the owner, from the way he is dressed." Alex thought.

He wouldn't bother them now. They probably had very little time and he wouldn't want to intrude.

He sat down and ordered a drink. A regular beer was just fine to him.

He would just wait on them at their airship.

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:55 pm

A steam train chugged out bursts of crimson black smoke, rising slowly into the sky, getting more and more translucent as it elevated. Crowds of people walk on the sidewalks around the train tracks. Among the people is a rather large person, with a mask covering their face. This person, or man rather, is not a human, he is from a different world, here for the purpose to get this doomsday weapon. He stuck out in the crowd; his size was so much taller than anybody else. He had a wrench-like tool on his back, which he used to either break or fix anything in his path. This man's name was Marako, and he had a job to do, and sure as hell he'd complete it. He looked around, and then walked to the train tracks. There was one track that split into two a little down the road. He had to go north, to Maple Ridge, and you have to go by the second track. He walked to the track switch and took the wrench off his back. He used it to turn the switch, moving the tracks. He waited for a train to come, and walked away from the tracks. When the chugging train came along, he quickly jumped, and grabbed onto a ladder on the back of it. He climbed up to the top and grabbed onto a ledge. It'd be a long ride to Maple Ridge.

((lost inspiration midway xD Next post will be better))
Writer, Musician, and Time Person Of The Year 2006.

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noctemwolf on Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:44 pm

The man spoke rather slowly, as if weighing each word before he spoke it. His appearance spoke of him as a traveler; his armor was definitely unique, and his weapons of obviously exotic make.

"Yes, friend. This is indeed a library. A rather grand one at that. Forgive me, but might I ask why you would need to visit one?"

Alcatrese spoke politely, with a slight edge of excitement in his voice for having found what he was looking for.

"Just some reading I need to do. Always new things to learn and places to see. Maps to find and locales of interest to explore. And what better way to find them than by reading of them first?"

Before he could ramble on, however, he noticed the scroll the man had rolled up. By its look, it was quite old; the kind of thing the normal person would probably overlook. They never thought how much they could learn from such things, thinking that newer texts were better. This alone set off many different thoughts in his head, not the least of which was the legendary Apocalypse.

"Pardon me," he said, eying the scroll quickly before turning his attention back to the stranger, "I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Alcatrese," he said, holding out a hand to the man whilst his other hand fought a losing battle against the slipping of his glasses.
Last edited by Noctemwolf on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noctemwolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:24 am

Zen noticed the ship abrubtly turn around about halfway twoard the ports. This was odd behavior for such a large airship but not something he would dwell on. Instead he decided to just turn around and follow it. It wasn't before long he noticed three people walking twoard the local tavern. This would be a good chance to see their ship up close. That was what he wanted to do anyway and now it would just be easier to get on it. Hopefully noone else would be aboard the ship. That would certainly complicate things. That was a chance Zen was willing to take though.

He snuck around the city and back into the woods. Soon he came upon the still levitating ship. Using wind magic, he began to float up to the ship. He was careful never to step foot on the ship though. He just kept up using magic to float around rather then walk. It wasn't a skill he used often but at this moment it was a good skill to use to avoid tripping any alarms. Noone else seemed to be on board. He looked around for a bit. Nothing was really around that would aid him in finding the weapon. He would most likely just have wasted his time but he decided to just have a look around for a little longer. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if he stuck around for another few minutes.

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeoOfVgCats on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:52 am

[[OOC: God Magix, I don't know how to say this, but your posts are really...umm...awesome. No sarcasm. For some reason I just particularly enjoy them....not saying the other posts suck or anything, xD.]]

"Come on, you big lug" Elesis grunted as she hauled her brother, still emitting the smell of fermented fruits, out the door by the arms as Hellingame carried the legs. When the bagboy they called saw the intoxicated cargo he was to transport, he doubled his price and went back to fetch a handcart.

"Alright then Elesis," Hellingame sighed after they had accomplished the difficult task of securing the squirming Zephyr onto the cart with a fastened knot, "You head back to the ship, pick up some supplies and ramen, get this idiot into his room," his tone sounded as if it wouldn't matter had Zephyr ended up in the sewage tank, "and then make sure you get some rest, k?"

Elesis nodded affirmatively and started to leave, but suddenly turned back.
"Where will you be?"

"Well, I'll get a crate of solid fuel later, but first I'd like find out a little about this Apocalypse thingy we're looking for. I heard Maple Ridge has got a nice collection of ancient text." Hellingame responded half-heartedly, "I'll be back before nightfall." he quickly added when he saw the strained change in Elesis' expression,

"You'd better be. With my brother under the table," Elesis irritably glanced at the sleeping bundle, "you're going to have to take the night shift."
Without a second word, she turned heels and made a beeline for the ship, with the bagboy following at a distance, laboriously pushing the handcart

As he turned around, Hellingame spotted the rustic library about seven blocks down and started in its direction. Looking at the sky and realizing how far into the day it was, he sighed and picked up the pace, making for a light trot.

[[OOC: Anyone is allowed to control the dialogue of Elesis and Zephyr when talking. The only thing is this: PLEASE KEEP THEM IN CHARACTER. If you don't know their character, read the OOC. If it's still as clear as mud, then read http://www.vgcats.com. Zephyr is like Leo, and Elesis sort of like Aeries. So magix, I suppose you'll be the first to speak to Elesis? xD]]

LeoOfVgCats
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:12 am

((Thanks for the compliment. I for one am just glad everyone knows basic sentence structure lol. It's not too great reading
Da boy went to da store and bought some candy and soda and he ate all teh food and he stabbed teh man in the face and he ate teh man
That kind of writing makes me want to do two things. The first is smack the person in the face. The second is hurt small animals.
Okay maybe that's both a bit random and an exageration but you get the point lol.))

Zen continued to search around the ship. He was careful to touch nothing. After all, he didn't want to set off any kind of traps. He searched and, searched but to no avail. It was nothing but wasted time. Time wasn't something one wanted to waste often though. With so many people after the very weapon he was every hour, every minute, every second counted. The owners of this ship seemed to be sure they didn't leave any traces of what their objective was around. Clearly they were smart. Zen liked those with a higher level of intelligence.

Zen always seemed to enjoy a challenge. Those that were smarter produced more of a challenge in many ways. They wouldn't be so easy to gather information from if they didn't want to disclose said information. That offered him a mental challenge. If one is smart they tend to be well rounded on the battlefield also. A clever strategist could challenge his skills to adapt to any situation. Then again there were also many tough opponents out there so they could just test him physically. The possibilities were endless.

Once Zen began thinking of them he couldn't bring himself to leave the ship. It had been a good while since he had a challenge in any form. The anticipation that one could soon happen was making him all giddy inside. That's why he didn't leave when he saw some of the others coming back. Instead he just stood at the helm of the ship waiting. Waiting like a child on christmas in a sea of gifts. The anticipation of the encounter ever growing.

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:10 am

(Leo, what are you? a mobile advertisement fo vgcats?
lol. its a good site anyway anyway, has some of my favorite games!

also, I agree with Leo, Magix your posts are good. Both of you guys[leo,Magix] made me actually laugh.)

Alex finished his beer and walked out the door. He took a quick look around. Nothing in sight.

Alex decided to check out that lego airship. Hopefully they would be back soon. He made an ice message in the air, turned it to water, and sent it to his wife. It would fly through the air, reach her, then materialize into the message (pretty cool, eh?). He had told her to head back home when she was ready and not to look for him.

He chanted another icy spell and made somewhat of an ice road leading to the airship.

He saw a dark figure at the helm. Silently he crept up on the man. He chanted yet another spell silently so the man couldn't hear it.

His sword turned light blue.

Alex walked right up behind this unknown person and put the tip of his sword on his back.

"And who might you be?" Alex asked.
Last edited by Sirpokealot on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:15 am

"And my name is Zihark." He fired back with a smile. Pondering his question only for a minute he began to answer. "Unfortunately, I am merely a traveler in these parts. You know more about this city than I do, most likely." Smiling apologetically to the stranger, he took the hand and shook it warmly before he released. "Of course, that does not mean I have not heard rumors on the road. There are a few suggested ruins of old clans that might have information on whatever you are looking for, be it good fishing locations or cultural history." He said.

His smile remained kindly, however. "The library, however is an excellent place to begin looking, if you are looking for something specific. If you would tell me what you are looking for, I could help you out, Alcatrese Tsao." Tsao was an eastern honorific word used to politely address strangers, or men/women of higher status. It was commonly used in his old village, and he immediately apologized to Alcatrese and explained what the word meant.

§

Arke
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Zen just stood there as he felt the tip of the icy sword come up to his back. If the man wanted him dead then he could've attempted to kill him already. This man clearly wanted information. Unless Zen provoked him, the man was harmless until the information he desired was given to him. Zen could hear the man's voice clear. He wasn't one of the people from the ship before. No, he was most likely there for the same reason Zen was. The man didn't know that though.

"You know it's rude to ask someones name without offering up your own name to said stranger first." Zen; still levitating and not having actually stepped foot in the ship; began to move foward as if he didn't care about the icy blade near his back. When he was out of the swords range of stabbing him he turned around. "It is ruder still, to trespass on someone elses ship, point your blade at the back of someone aboard, and start demanding things. What are you? Some sort of mannerless theif?" It was then that he recongnized the man. They never actually shared a conversation but he was the man the lived outside the city in the same woods Zen lived in. Zen was fairly certain he was never seen by the man but he definitely knew this was the man he was thinking of.

"Why don't you go back to you wife? Maybe when you learn a proper greeting you can return and get some questions answered." Zen walked away; well floated away; from the man a bit more but while still looking at him. Zen was trying to get the man to leave. Instead of looking as if he had something to hide though, he just seemed un-hospitable. It was better for him to just seem rude right now.

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:23 pm

Seeing through his act, but unwilling to make enemies, Alex tried to make peace.

Putting his sword in its scabbard, Alex answered the man

"Heh, my name is Alex. And my wife will be just fine on her own. Get back here so we can talk, if I had wanted to kill you, I would have. Or, would you rather me come to you?"

Alex melted into the floor. When he reappeared, he was standing on a small floating piece of ice that was to the side of the man.

"Now,"Alex said, "You never told me your name, or your purpose, for that matter."

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noctemwolf on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:54 pm

Alcatrese laughed when Zihark began to explain what the word tsao meant. “Don’t worry. I understand the term. With that word and name, you must be from the East. Am I correct?”
He sat down close to Zihark and waited for his response to his question before continuing.

“I too am a traveller here. Strangely, I wasn’t able to find any good maps of the city. I’m as lost here as you are.”
He looked up at the library before continuing.
“To answer your earlier question, I’m not looking for anything specific. I just enjoy learning about things. Though, at the same time, I am searching for one of the greatest legends of the land. I’m sure you’ve heard of Apocalypse, right? After all, who hasn’t around here? With all the people swarming the library...”

Alcatrese could see all the people in the library through the large front windows. So many people, many of which looked as if they didn’t belong, or didn’t want to be there any longer than they had to be.

“What of you? What do you hope to learn from those scrolls of yours?” Alcatrese nodded toward the pile of books and scrolls next to Zihark.
Last edited by Noctemwolf on Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noctemwolf
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!