Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rags to Riches [Signup]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Rags to Riches [Signup]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miserable on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:47 pm

Plot;

Monica Jolie and Andrew Kutching were both celebrity's in the spotlight. They were a couple known for partying, drinking and getting into legal trouble. Monica was a singer which eventually led her to opening her own designer line of clothes and Andrew were a guitarist for a famous rockband. They were an on and off couple and each of them were also in other relations but what the media didn't know was that they had kids, not just together but with their other boy/girlfriends; and lots of them. They would abandon their kids in clubs, bars or on street corners late at night after they were born so no one would know. The kids would grow up on the street, be taken to orphanages or be adopted/taken in by families. The kids never knew that their parents were the wellknown Monica and Andrew but soon they would find out.

It was the 1st of July when Monica Jolie and Andrew Kutching were both found dead in an expensive hotel suite. The cause of their death seems to be a drug overdose. Now that they are dead, all of the kids have been tracked down and are being invited to the funeral. From there on, the oldest child would be incharge of the mansion and all of their parents inheritance. But living with complete strangers who are supposivly you siblings will be hard.

I'll make the IC thread in the realistic forum when we get enough members.

Skeleton:
Name:
Are you a full or half child[Monica and another boyfriend, Monica and Andrew or Andrew and another girlfriend]:
Age[8-21]:
Appearence:
Personality:
Biography:
Other?:

Name: Devin Kutching [boy]
Are you a full or half child: full
Age[8-21]:13
Appearence: He is short for his age and very thin. He is pretty tan for a white kid that doesn't go to the beach and he has dark brown hair that falls below his ears.
Personality: Devin is sly and tricky. Even though he is now rich he still will steal from his siblings. But overall he is a nice, quiet kid.
Biography: Devin was found in a hotel hallway and taken in by the one of the cleaning ladies. He lived with her until he was 5 and then he ran away for no reason. He lived on the streets by stealing. His most proudest moments were when he succesfully stole a portable TV, portable radio from and store and 500 dollars in cash from a celebrity couple who were shopping while being chased by paparazzi with their daughter. That couple happened to be Kailey's parents and herself and Kailey dislikes him he would guess since he shoved her over during his escape.
Last edited by Miserable on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miserable
Member for 16 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Rags to Riches [Signup]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paramorex on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:06 am

Name: London Jolie
Are you a full or half child: Half child[Monica's daugher but not Andrews].
Age[8-21]:14
Appearence:London has dark black hair like her father but the same piercing blue eyes that her mother has. She usually wears thick black square classes, ripped skinny jeans, a t-shirt and a black and white checkered hoodie.
Personality: London is bright and intelligent. She is seen reading or songwriting most of the time and has an amazing voice like her mothers, but she hates singing. She is very quiet so sometimes it might come off as rude but she likes mainly every person even if they are mean to her.
Biography: London was left in a club by her mother and was brought up for five years by an abusive, alcoholic man. When she was five she ran away and began to live on her own on the streets. She would beg for money and even sing when she had to. She escaped from social workers and stole sometimes if she needed to.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Paramorex
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vampire_chic14 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:16 am

((This sounds interesting... Mind if I join?))

Name: Juniper (June) Lichings
Are you a full or half child: Half (Andrew and one of his other girlfriends)
Appearence: Image
Personality: Shy, but open-minded when she wants to be. Kind, but not entirely gentle when infuriated. June is soft-tempered and almost impossible to crack, though there are times she does, which is rare.
Biography: She was too young to know who her parents were when she was orphaned. One at the most. Her mother, whom she has never met (or at least can't remember) left her with Andrew since she was unable to raise a child. Of course, Juniper was found shortly after lying abandoned on the street in front of a music store. The ones who had found her had no idea where she was from, or who her biological parents were. Thus having Juniper brought to an orphanage at the age of 1. She has gone through several family interviews, but none had taken her in since they had no idea how to care for a blind toddler. A quite unfortunate mishap at birth. So Juniper was raised in the orphanage for 15 years, home schooled and taught how to communicate with the area around her with sounds, smells, an touch. It wasn't until recently that Juniper had heard of her father's funeral that she had any motive to think about where she came from.
Other?: Juniper is blind from birth, creating a sharp sense of sight, smell, and touch. She has learned how to communicate with the sounds and smells of the area around her to the point where it is difficult for others to know of her deprivation.

((I can change the last name part if you want me too... ))
I would cross a thousand miles for you. I would climb mountains and swim oceans just to be with you. And if you cried, I would be there to make things better. But if I said I love you, would you laugh and turn your back on me? Would you take advantage of my love then break my heart when you were finished? Or would you hold me in your arms and say Ditto?

vampire_chic14
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelDreams on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:23 am

Name: Angel Brown
Are you a full or half childAge[8-21]: Full 21
Appearence:Image
Personality:kind to others and caring
Biography: Angel was left in a bar when she was found, after that they tryed to find the parents but never did. soon after she was taken to an orphanage and lived there ever since , when she was old enough she decided to stay at the orphanage and help them out . She soon recieved a letter from someone saying who her parents were, she then discovered that she was the daughter of two famous people. She still doesn't know what do do to go to the funeral and get all the inherited money or stay at the orphanage
Other?: she liked to read and cook a lot
ImageImageImageImageImageHelp me Level them Up PLEASE!!!!!

AngelDreams
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stelly on Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:02 am

Name: Rob a.k.a R.C[ we need some guys in this hehe ]
Are you a full or half child: half - Monica's
Age[8-21]: 17
Appearence:
Biography:
Rob was born on the streets and grew up in the streets. As an infant, a hobo had a soft spot for him, and fed him what he got until Rob turned 7 - old enough to know what was going on.

Using his strengths he learned over the years, he found an apartment unlocked, and realized it belonged to a newly wed couple who had gone on their honeymoon. They came back early and found Rob sleeping on their couch. They quickly kicked him out, but did not call the police. He decided to adapt the hobo way of life until he was 13, because that was the only life he knew.

When he turned 13 - he got himself a job at McDonalds, because the manager had grown up on the streets and pitied him. Rob knew how to save money, and kept it. He stole food, instead of wasting the cash.

At 15 - he encountered the Italian Mafia. They asked him to join, so he did. He knew he could be killed, but the pay was better, and there was much more adventure. He worked with the Genovese crime family doing many things from murder to loan-sharking

A messenger told him one day that he was the son of monica jolie, and that she died. He was supposed to go to her funeral, but why would he? He was already rich, with the mafia, so what more did he want?

The Boss told Rob that he should go, and he went. Why? He had no idea.

Personality:
He would normally [with the mafia] be the sub-boss and give out orders, maybe dealing with a few who asked questions here and there. He was tough, too... He's naturally stubborn, he will naturally ask questions and expect answers. It's in his blood. He likes to have fun, and he'll do as he pleases. No one tells him what to do.

Other?:
He's used to the streets, and doesn't want to give his new home a chance.

Stelly
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miserable on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:12 am

:] Thanks for joining guys. You're all accepted. If we get a few more then I'll open the IC thread..

Miserable
Member for 16 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akemi_Idane on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:22 am

Name: Akemi
Are you a full or half child: Full child
Appearence: Image
Personality: Once she has an idea, she's dead-set on it (aka she's REALLY stubborn), and dosen't really give any thought to orders from people that would normally be considered authority.
Biography: Left on the streets, some family or another picked her up and cared for her until she was four, then they deserted her as well. she managed to fend for herself, appearing several times on news boradcasts as the child that wouldn't talk to anyone. In fact, she didn't learn to speak until recently. When she was called back to the mansion, she was under the assumption that she would be in charge, and wouldn't have to worry about orders from anyone.
Other?: She dyes her hair green, but dosen't let anyone know.
ImageImageImage

Akemi_Idane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stelly on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:59 pm

[i think we need more guys...]

Stelly
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miserable on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:01 pm

yeahh.
i'll make the IC thread after we get one or two more members [doesnt matter if theyre girls or boys though we need guys but girls are just as welcome.]

Miserable
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Havenxxx on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:39 pm

Name: Kailey Kutching
Are you a full or half:full
Age[8-21]:8
Appearence: A short and thin girl. Big blue eyes and light blonde hair.
Personality: Kailey is rich and spoiled. Ever since she was adopted by her celebrity parents she learned to look down on people that were poor and homeless and to keep bothering people until she got what she wanted.
Biography: Kailey was left in the back of an alleyway when she was a few days old and found the next morning by a resident of the town. She was taken to an orphanage and adopted a few months later by another celebrity couple. Her new parents both new Andrew and Monica and were good friends with them. Monica and Andrew didn't recongnize Kailey and continued to be friends with her parents unyil Monica and Andrew started injecting Kailey with drugs. After that jer adopted parents refused to ever speak to Monica and Andrew. Her parents were furious when they found out that Kailey was the daughter of them but they still let her go.
Other?: Kailey was the last child that Monica and Andrew had together.

Havenxxx
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miserable on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:04 pm

thanks for joining haven.
ill post the ic thread in a minute but i'll still accept players

Miserable
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phouse512 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:26 pm

I'll do it, I don't really have many rps right now

Name: Ben Kutching
Are you a full or half: Full
Appearance: He's tall for his age, and has short brown hair, with light gray eyes.
Personality: Ben is shy, since he wasn't often beat when he was in the orphanage, but eventually, he will start to talk
Biography: He was dumped in a dumpster, but was taken home by a garbage collector, who put him in an orphanage, where he was always beat, repeatedly. The mother of the house hated him because he was so quiet, and the fact that the older boys used to pick on him made it even worse.
Other: He didn't even know how he got to the mansion, he just woke up there, and doesn't really know about siblings, yet.

(19:04:57) Surreal: I'm not STOOOOPIT!
(19:05:03) Surreal: >>
(19:05:09) Surreal: I'm just not very smart

Image <-Click it

phouse512
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miserable on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:33 pm

kay your in :]
the rp is in the realistic section.

Miserable
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phouse512 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:42 pm

Can I go ahead and start?

phouse512
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miserable on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:44 pm

yess. please do.

Miserable
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cheif on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:56 pm

Name: Ryan
Full or Half: Half-andrew's son
Age[8-21]:16
Appearence:Image
Personality:Ryan isn't much on authority figures, He'll do what he pleases. Some think he has a sick and demented mind and others think he's the god off awesome.
Biography: He was found in the local skate park on a skate board that he stole or was given to him. I was so long ago he can't even remember. He lived off the streets and made petty money by doing quick and good repairs on boards and in-lines. He was forcefully taken to the orphanage and has been dragged across the asphalt and shut into his room. When a letter came to him about his biological father's funeral he decided he'd go for the money.
Other?:He does not listen to anyone and he works with a tool set.
He also has bad eyes, he can only see two feet in front of him clearly.

cheif
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsumi-san on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:59 pm

Name:Zetsumei Kultching
Are you a full or half child: Full
Age[8-21]: 21
Appearence: Zetsumei is tall and slender rocker apperance but if you piss him off he can kick your ass despite his weak appearnce. He has spikey porcipine hare. He has the tips dyed red and the red is black. He has blue eyes. He wears a bullets belt (No not the army kind the kind you can pick up at Hot Topic.). He has a well defined face. Heusualy wears a trench coat and baggy goth pants but sometimes wears just a tank top and baggy goth pants. He can be mostly seen listening to his I-Pod and air guitaring. He has a kind and soft voice.
Personality: Kind yet stern in away. He is usualy laid back and goes with the flow. He usualy help out people in need because of his life on the streets.
Biography: In the shadow of his unknown parents he always grew up tough despite his slender look hes quite strong. He helps out at the orpanage he grew up for the last two years of his teenhood. When he turned 18 just to have a place to sleep he worked at the orphange in his time off. He worked minimum wage and just got by at the orphange. He then got on his feet when he won the scratch off things. He know live quietly in an apartment or so he thought.
Other?: He has a couple tatoo's one is a dragon spiraling down his arms. He got a tatoo of wing on his back. On his chest he has a skull on his front. He has a scar on his neck "Claims" its a birth mark.

Zetsumi-san
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miserable on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:10 pm

Thanks for joining.
You guys are in and may start posting.

Miserable
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stelly on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:23 pm

Stelly
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetsumi-san on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:31 pm

Thanks but i found it...

Zetsumi-san
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!