Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Random Idea...Sound Good?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Random Idea...Sound Good?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DoomsdayTamako on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Well, I have RPed a bit before so I have some experience, but I'm relatively new to roleplaying in this form...So, I just decided to post an idea/introduction to one of my planned RPGs here to see if it's any good, and what I can improve on to make it seem more interesting.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a world, not to distant from our own. This world is shrouded in mystery, and few people know of it. The most we've managed to find out about it is that this enigma happens to spawn a massive amount of disappearances within our own. How do normal people seemingly fade away? Do they wake up inside this odd world? If so, were they taken to it for a reason? This questions have not yet been answered...

My name is Sarah. I am a normal person who fell victim to one of these disappearances. I have the answers to these questions, but just a bland singular-word statement won't be a satisfying answer. You'll have to learn the long one. This world is known as Kodai by its residents. It is a nearly-desolate land, ridden with a large war between two halves on separate sides. The purpose behind the war, that too is a secret that must be kept. But I have been brought here along with several others to fight. Those who came, some went one way, some went another, a few have even formed their own alliance. But in the end...Nobody won.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is Kodai?

Kodai can be considered the opposite of Earth. While Earth is split into many smaller nations and excels scientifically, Kodai has two large warring nations and has given up the chance at science to use magic. The war itself is essentially a large civil war, when one nation opposed the world-wide rulers because of the way they were mistreated. Some people joined the rebels, agreeing with their purposes, whilst others stayed with the rulers, feeling they enjoy their treatment and are too weak to last independently.

Why are regular people being brought in?

Reinforcements, for both sides. The rivaling nations have brought us in, hoping our scientific knowledge can be combined with their magical knowledge, making them stronger and thus winning the war. Some people choose to stay on the side they were original recruited too, some decide to switch to the other side if it suits them better, some form their own alliances, either to find a way to get back or to not take a side altogether.

Who will we be?

Your character(s) can be regular people that are brought into Kodai, or normal citizens of Kodai.

Where/When does it take place?

I suppose the roleplay takes place in Earth, where all of the characters will join. By the time we all wake up in Kodai, that will be the point where new players can't join, but existing ones can make more characters. The entire roleplay is essentially one large flashback from Sarah, the main character, but since the introduction doesn't imply much, things can go however it will, as long as Sarah makes it out alive.

So, yeah! Please let me know what I can do to improve ^^
Signatures are overrated. :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DoomsdayTamako
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Random Idea...Sound Good?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:37 pm

Hmmm...maybe.

I think it'd be interesting to play a real-world surgeon that, once transported over, starts to learn healing magic and combines the two disciplines.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby canobiecrazy on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:33 pm

I think this is an amusing idea, I would make a character on this.

canobiecrazy
Member for 14 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starael on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Sounds like a good idea, there are so many fields of technology you could apply magic to. Tell us when the RP goes up
"Visiting you planet for a few thousand days, nothing to hide no reason to stay, breathless, at the end of my run, it all ends where it begun." -Yello

"You should convince the DM that you can use disable device on plot devices" -A friend

Starael
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aeris Strife on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:28 pm

I like this... I'd join this if you put it up, DoomsdayTamako.
Hey bitch, I don't care if it kills me
and I don't give a damn if it hurts
I'm going to live for the fun of it
Because this is my stinkin' life, not yours

Aeris Strife
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DoomsdayTamako on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Okay, thanks! Once a couple more people say they'd like it, I'll get to making the actual RP :3

DoomsdayTamako
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kallas Redwater on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Well, I like the idea. Count me in.

I think that I'll take the role of a normal Kodai inhabitant.( No, I am not spoiling what he is going to be yet)
there are things in this world that poeple mustn't touch....WHO CARES!!!

Kallas Redwater
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waterpicker on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm a sci-fi nut. IS is possible that I can join as an alien who in orbit around orbit when he disappeared. Very little tech could have been on him.

Also if their teleporting people kodia. Having a enity whose knowledge is greater scientifcally then humans would be a reason to pull him to kodai.

Waterpicker
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DoomsdayTamako on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Alright, if I can get at least one more supporter over night, I'll make it tomorrow. Procrastination is kind of a bad trait to have. :l

DoomsdayTamako
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby canobiecrazy on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:22 pm

My first character will be Matthew Martin, a 14 year old with a passion for older technology, and books.

My second will be an as of today unnamed Tribal Witch Doctor/Shaman from Africa.

canobiecrazy
Member for 14 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DoomsdayTamako on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Alright guys! I made the RP. Click here to go and make your character(s) and stuff! Also, here is the OOC forum. Thanks for your interest and I hope to RP with you all soon! ^^

DoomsdayTamako
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!