Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Recent Site Issues - Fixes Inside

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Recent Site Issues - Fixes Inside

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:00 pm

Due to our recent server change and database handling, the site has undergone some extensive back-end changes. However this has resulted in a number of users suffering the following issues or more:

Unable to Login
    Unable to Enter Chat
    Random Log-outs
    Disconnecting from Chat
    Unable to Post

And so forth, however the fixes for the most part of these are incredibly simple and merely require you to wipe your browser cookies. For those who do not know what they are, cookies are the saved values of the sites you visit (not to be confused with saved passwords.), with the database and server change, the preferences of the site have changed and older cookies are interfering.

For those who don't know how to clear cookies, here are some quick steps.

Firefox (As Of Latest Version)

1. Open Firefox
    2. Tools Drop down menu
    3. Go to clear recent history
    4. Select "cookies" only from the check boxes.
    5. Select "Everything" on time range
    6. Hit "Clear Now"
    7. Close and re-open the browser.
    8. Go to the site!

Alternative Method

1. Open Firefox
    2. Tools Drop down menu
    3. Go to Options
    4. Select the Privacy Tab
    5. Select "Remove Individual Cookies"
    6. Navigate to RPG in the list.
    7. Select the cookies and commence deletion.
    8. Close the menu and browser.
    9. Go to the site!

Internet Explorer (As Of Latest Version)

1. Open IE
    2. Do one of the following:

* In Windows Vista, click Start, type inetcpl.cpl in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
    * In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the Open box, and then press ENTER.

3. On the General tab, click Delete under Browsing History in the Internet Properties dialog box.
    4. In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, click to clear all of the check boxes except for the Cookies check box.
    5. Click Delete.
    6. Close and re-open the browser.
    7. Go to the site!

Chrome (As Of Latest Version)

1. Open Chrome
    2. Click the Tools menu.
    3. Select Options.
    4. Click the Under the Hood tab and find the "Privacy" section.
    5. In the "Cookie settings" section, click Show cookies.
    * To delete all cookies, click Remove all.
    * To delete a specific cookie, select the site that issued the cookie, then click Remove.
    6. Click Close
    7. Close and re-open the browser.
    8. Go to the site!

If these simple steps don't solve your issues, or a browser is unlisted, please post here. Other solutions if found will be given. Thankyou.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Recent Site Issues - Fixes Inside

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shō on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:15 pm

Question: Do you have to do this each time before you try to log in?
ImageI am a Mac, son. Recognize.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shō
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:19 pm

Nope, just once.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axira on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:05 pm

I'm sorry but this doesn't seem to resolve the issue at all for me.

I'm new to the site since today and it's kinda demotivating to get disconnected from the chat every 2 minutes.

Axira
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:15 pm

It'll probably be an issue on your end, I saw you talking about it in chat with Kouk, the admins will likely find a work around for you.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shō on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:50 pm

Wow, I finally got into the chat! And I don't even know what happened! o.O

Shō
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Ari~ on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:51 am

Thanks for that Alvaron it helped lots ^^. Even though it likes to randomly log me out regardless and tends to eat my posts four or five times every now and again ^^;;

~Ari~
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shō on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:38 pm

lol, heh heh, Kita and I found a loophole to enter the chat with no problem. ;]

Shō
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:49 am

I'm having issues with the site and this is the first time it's actually worked for me all day. I use Safari, which isn't mentioned in your list, but I've cleared my cookies and still the issue persists.

I'm positive it isn't on my end, seeing as any other website works fine that I've been to, with the exception of this one.

Mostly it's really messed up looking layout issues, which seems nearly impossible to navigate. No clue why it looks all odd.

I don't really know what else I can do to fix this, but I'm starting to get worried that I'm gonna get behind in my RPs, unless everyone else is having problems like this too.
--------------------------------------------------------
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone."

-Lance Clayton

papolatte
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeartClutch on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:59 am

I'm having the same problem as Papolatte. The site loads (eventually), but in like a low-res format. No pictures, fonts are basic, etc.

This happened all day yesterday as well.

HeartClutch
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:31 pm

Whatever the problem was, is now fixed. Thanks to whoever did it, definitely wasn't me :D

papolatte
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shō on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:31 pm

Okay, as far as I know, these steps work for IE 8 and Google Chrome:

1. Open IE or Google Chrome
2. Open RoleplayGateway in two tabs
3. In Tab 1, go to RPG Chat without logging into the site on your account
4. In Tab 2, log into the site.
5. In Tab 1, where it tells you to type in a username to enter the chat, type in in your username you registered with.
6. The chat should open as if you are logged in as a guest. But your username should appear black instead of gray.
7. After that, you should be able to post in the chat.

Shō
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonMan on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:19 am

For those who use Opera, the firefox fixes do the job.

So when will we be seeing some progress on the other site problems? The 500 errors, the SQLs?
And on the first day Man created God in his own image.

MoonMan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kriegmesser on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:27 am

I use flock and when i log on everything dissapears cept the rpgateway banner and letter e's...
Characters needing some kind artist to draw them:
Xenthriss C-LINK
Stahlfaust Combine C-LINK
Baron Valdis Oros Goldheart C-LINK

Kriegmesser
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RBUseless on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:08 pm

I'm finding that I can't log out of the site at the moment. Is there a fix for this?

RBUseless
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaostempest on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:34 am

certain areas of the site produce an Error 404 for some reason

chaostempest
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Ari~ on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:02 am

Excuse me. But most likely I probably will have to post this question else were but there is a bug with the character profiling. I happened shortly after the chat had been updated to allow Avatar's. It seems if you're character name is similar to an older one it will link you to that other profile instead when you click on the name. I don't know if it's just people who are using fire-fox or what but it seems a few friends of mine, counting (1) so far have the same problem. I'm sorry if I am wasting my and you're time, most likely posting this in the wrong thread but I just wanted to get that out in the light so it may be fixed. Thank you for reading~.

~Ari~
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Ari~ on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:05 am

((Takes notice that she probably made a good bit of typo's))

~Ari~
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:39 pm

For some reason I can't see my posts whenever I click view your posts if I go to the actual link then I can see them but they don't show up in my view new posts section,also since they don't if you fix them could you PM me?
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in the world; of these heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared."

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeartClutch on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:04 pm

Rincewind wrote:For some reason I can't see my posts whenever I click view your posts if I go to the actual link then I can see them but they don't show up in my view new posts section,also since they don't if you fix them could you PM me?

I'm having this same problem. Really annoying. :\

HeartClutch
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!