Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New Wonderland: The Deck

Relationships

a part of “New Wonderland: The Deck”, a fictional universe by Wonderland.

It's been over a decade since Alice left Wonderland and all was at peace; but now, four kingdoms have risen. Hearts, Diamonds, Spades, and Clubs. As war rages through wonderland; many events take place. Will wonderland survive the chaos?[More info inside]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “New Wonderland: The Deck”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Relationships

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wonderland on Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:31 pm

Here you can discuss relationships between characters; whether its romantic, a close friendship, or a grudge/hate, you can talk about it here and even pm people about it. Make sure you post if you dont care or do care about specific types of relationships, ect.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wonderland
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Relationships

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lullyn on Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:03 pm

So, are Ruby and Julius betrothed or is it purely that they're going to end up together?
"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you look, when considering violence?"

“Now...if you trust in yourself...and believe in your dreams...and follow your star...you’ll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren’t so lazy.”

“They always gives me bath salts. And bath soap and bubble bath and herbal bath lumps and tons of bath stuff and I can’t think why, ‘cos it’s not as if I hardly ever has a bath. You’d think they’d take the hint, wouldn’t you?”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lullyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wonderland on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:14 pm

Well, I'm still wondering if we should do it like that but in the original store, the prince of spades had an obsession with Ruby and it ended up being spades and hearts against clubs and diamonds. Spades ended up marrying Ruby after destroying her kingdom. xD But we can mix it up however wanted.

Wonderland
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wonderland on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:42 pm

Alright also. Each royal still needs an advisor so if anyone wants to volunteer their character as one; that would be great.

Wonderland
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby crybloodredtears on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:46 pm

The Cheshire Cat could be an advisor, but I don't know if it would suit the character itself.
Winter is coming.

~ crybloodredtears..

crybloodredtears
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onetrickpony on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Hmm, the cheshire cat may be a good adviser for Sol, the Prince of Spades. It would be pretty easy, and you could have fun infuriating him with vague responses. I mean, he wouldn't really want to depend on an adviser anyway, so you could slink off at odd hours to make mischief. Perhaps sabotaging diff things he does?
Carpe diem bitches.

onetrickpony
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoftPurpleFeathers on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:38 pm

I'd be happy to offer up the white rabbit as an advisor, but is most likely no the best, seeing as she is always late to meetings on purpose and travels to the above. The caterpillar could be fine as an advisor, though, seeing how he doesn't mind being on one side or the other.

SoftPurpleFeathers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby crybloodredtears on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:34 pm

onetrickpony wrote:Hmm, the cheshire cat may be a good adviser for Sol, the Prince of Spades. It would be pretty easy, and you could have fun infuriating him with vague responses. I mean, he wouldn't really want to depend on an adviser anyway, so you could slink off at odd hours to make mischief. Perhaps sabotaging diff things he does?

I like that idea. And she can be pretty mischievious. <- I don't know if I spelled that right? Oops.

crybloodredtears
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wonderland on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:27 am

Alright; that's one option. I think the dealers might be advisers; I"m still wondering if AlienKhan thinks that's a good idea or not. So if they do; then we will have the dealers become undercover advisers as a plot to take down the royals.

If not; we can start signing up creatures.

Wonderland
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlienKhan on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:33 am

I think that's a fine idea, but too easy.

If that was the case, we would have just assassinated everyone by now, I think....
"The GM of this roleplay hasn't created any rules! You can do whatever you like!"
-the most misleading piece of text known to RolePlayGateway

AlienKhan
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onetrickpony on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:53 am

Man, all this scheming and segregation puts me on edge though. Without some mingling and mixing...idk, I just worry. I understand that you don't want anyone to know your strategies and stuff... I see both sides, really. I just wonder what all the other characters are going to do while you're plotting in your headquarters. I mean, I suppose I could just twiddle my thumbs in my kingdom until someone decides to attack.

Are all the interactions with the Dealers (for the nondealers) going to be sort of Team Rocket experiences? They just appear at the least opportune moments when all my pokemon are barely alive and I've just reached the exit of the longest damn cave in the world, and then fight and then blast off/defeat them? HOW IS THIS GOING TO WORK. All the kingdoms seem so far away, will I just be walking in the garden and pass by the white rabbit or something?

onetrickpony
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlienKhan on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:51 am

I have no idea, to be honest.

This uncertainty is very fitting to my character, so I really don't see it as a problem.

AlienKhan
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 8Lindela on Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:52 am

I have an idea I think we could work off of.... Why don't we used the non-royal, non-dealer characters as the go-betweens for all the action?

Ex- after the party is thrown, the royals are rightly suspicious of the strange newcomers, and recruit (or demand) various other chars to help them spy on each other and the dealers (who of course will be under a guise). This will cause a mighty confusion of whose-on-whose side, betrayal, secret deals, backstabbing, and all out confusing jabbernobbing. It's like a chess game, first one to figure out the right strategies and control their 'pawns' well enough to destroy the other's plans wins. ;)

Of course, we could also just have a "mighty battle" but I think it would all be over much too fast. Perhaps they humans the Dealers have been bringing in can have a deeper purpose....

A race! To find each other's weakness and expose their plans! Which kingdom will rise above the rest?

Note; Alsoooo... I think it would be great if we DID have advisors for the royals, because, as onetrickpony stated, the royals will get bored if they have to do everything in their kingdom alone.

Maaaybeee... (just a weird idea) People with characters loyal to other kingdoms can make NEW characters who are OTHER kingdom's advisors. That way the all-around confusion is upped? IDK... it's late so I'm a bit off right now.

8Lindela
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onetrickpony on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:17 am

I do like your idea, (I shall call youuu) Ela. And I definitely would make another character (or two), I just have to know where they are needed. I'd hate to fluff up the wrong side, ya know?
In roleplays of this size (i.e., ones spanning an entire world/multiple kingdoms), it's often difficult to figure out how to get some blasted ~*~character interaction~*~. Everything and everyone else is so far away, it's not like you can just walk up to them or walk away from them. I've always fixed this problem by gathering the group together then having them travel about the world together (e.g. on a pirate ship or by creating a party of adventurers between them)
Just like in a movie or story, when the action jumps about from character to character with quite a bit of distance between them, it can get muddled.

Perhaps an assassination attempt after the party makes the Royals paranoid, setting the right mood (as opposed to being suspicious of the new peeps on the scene). And then maybe one of the advisers is REALLY GOOD at advising, telling their Royal about the legend of the Dealers. At this point, nothing is confirmed so said Royal either travels to meet another to converse about it, another Royal that they particularly trust from the party, thus building ~*~character relationships~*~ (ooooohhhh, awwwww). During this time, another is attacked while horseback riding by the Dealers (giving that Royal something to do), and the other is bored and blissfully unaware because I can't think no more :( [I don't even care, this character can be MY character, since it seems he is destined to be evil by the nature of his sadistic habit. He's probably going to end up dead or something by the end of it, I DONT KNOW]. Maybe one royal is manipulated by the dealers to attack another kingdom, weakening everyone while destroying themselves. We just need to figure out how the characters are going to be able to interact from such a distance. Having the creatures of Wonderland going back and forth would be interesting (mostly for the creatures of Wonderland).

onetrickpony
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 8Lindela on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:27 am

True dat. I have lots of ideas for the Madd Hatter, so I have a feeling he's gonna be stirring up some stuff... If I was in your position as a 'lord' I would probably try to mess with the others as much as I could by exerting my power. But that's just me, I like creating trouble and problems, not solving them :) And who says your confined to your castle? What about a late surprise drop in on the dealers just to spice things up. In my view, you could either be their most powerful ally, or their most powerful foe with your characters cunning and powers of manipulation/heartlessness. LOL, up to you tho, I'm sure you will come up with all sorts of ideas as the story progresses.

8Lindela
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlienKhan on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:20 pm

I absolutely love the relationships between the Dealers.

I simply can not wait until Del'Arte screws up, honestly. Taking Slayer's anger out on her will be so fun!

AlienKhan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wonderland on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:30 pm

I'm waiting for Spades and Diamonds to post before I post again.

Wonderland
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onetrickpony on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:41 am

did done

onetrickpony
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlienKhan on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Feathers, I must say that I love what you have done with Del'Arte

AlienKhan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoftPurpleFeathers on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Many thanks, Khan. De'laire is simply too much fun to make as an infatuation for Del' Arte.

SoftPurpleFeathers
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!