Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Renegade -- OOC & Information

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Renegade -- OOC & Information

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:26 am

This has been inspired by a long and animated discussion between myself and my roommate about Groundhog's day.

Say you relived the same day over and over. You retain all memory of the previous days, but at the end of the day, everything was reset -- even your death, if you decided to explore such a venue. Say, even better, you relived a week, a solid week, which would repeat at the end of the week, or upon your death. Now, say that occurred to not only you, but five of your friends as well. All of you are aware of the repeat, and retain all memory from the previous weeks.

What would you do?

The possibilities are nigh-endless. Would you try to learn all you could? Enter a massive deatchmatch with your friends? Go on killing sprees? See the world? All of the above?

That's exactly what I propose for this RolePlaying Game. However, this is intended as both explaratory and fun, so for the sake of the RP, I'm going to say that each person has a fair amount of money saved up that, not having to worry about bills and such, could blow away. Additionally, I'm going to forgo the whole "OH MY GOD WE'RE REPEATING THE SAME DAY" stage and dive right into the acceptance stage, when the possibilities open up.

It's set in modern day.

As there are only five slots open for this, I'm going to be running this by application, and yes, some people have already been inducted. PM me the application, and heed these words:

ANYONE WHO POSTS A PROFILE WITHOUT APPROVAL WILL BE DISMISSED FROM THE RP WITHOUT FURTHER WARNING, WITHOUT REMORSE, AND WITHOUT ANY ILLICIT MATERIALS SAID USER MAY HAVE BEEN CARRYING AT THE TIME.

An application is simple. Just post me generally who your character is, and a scenario, in prose, you'd live out.

Thank you, that is all.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Re: Renegade -- OOC & Information

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:55 am

Name: Jack Rogen
Appearance: 5'11, lean build, black, short-cropped hair, short-cropped goatee, green eyes, generally dresses in casual clothing; jeans, t-shirts, etc.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RyoRiazaku on Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:59 am

Name: Ryo Riazaku

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

RyoRiazaku
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ralana on Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:27 am

Name: Veronica Riley Adams, goes by Riley.

Appearance: Long, curly strawberry blonde hair, Blue eyes, 5 ft 7, Slender curved frame, and is usually modestly dressed (at least starting out).
STAR WARS

Motti: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden fortress...

[Vader makes a pinching motion and Motti starts choking]

Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing
American Physco

Patrick: I don't think we should see each other.

Evelyn: But your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends. I don't think it would work. You have a little something...

Patrick: I know that your friends are my friends and, uh... I thought about that. You can have'em.

Patrick: There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Ralana
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:08 pm

Name: Allan Smith
Appearence: Fairly lanky at 6 feet 1, this tall man goes mostly bald at the time of the "Repeat". He is dark skinned, and has almost no build to him.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!