Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Rise of the Immortal

Respicio res Adversae

a part of “The Rise of the Immortal”, a fictional universe by TheScarletPlague.

After two decades of Mother Nature's cold wrath, She has decided to end the reign of Man. From the shadows and rubble of destroyed civilization, the immortals rise. (Always accepting new characters!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Rise of the Immortal”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Respicio res Adversae

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:52 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Respicio res Adversae"

Please post here after you have your character accepted. Here you can meet other characters and begin co-planning and the like.
Last edited by TheScarletPlague on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Lips that Shakespeare taught to speak have whispered their secret in my ear." -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Respicio res Adversae

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Failkidd on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 pm

My interest. It has been poked. Expect a sign-up from me later this evening.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Failkidd
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:57 pm

This seems very interesting.I'll think about signing up.

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Thanks, I made that original plot line late at night so I couldn't finish it exactly how I wanted to. But now I've added stuff to it, just character stuff. Thanks for the interest all the same! =) I"m looking forward to rping with you guys.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:12 am

roleplay/the-rise-of-the-immortal/

I re-named it! You can find it here at that link. This will remain the OOC page, I believe, but that's the new title, so... yeah you can find it now. Lol.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadHatter on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:40 pm

Thank you for accepting me. I look forward to RPing with you guys. Hopefully, the roleplay will start soon. And now, we wait... and wait...
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.

MadHatter
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Well, for now we have the interesting problem of having 3 characters all of whom are guys, 2 of whom are Fallen Angels. So there is a small lack of variety going on, which means I am going to introduce Tassy to get some variety going on, then I will post the intro and we can start off with something and (hopefully) catch some interest as we go along.
But it very well may not be until tomorrow or Friday because I have homework, yay. Which I am now off to attend to!

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Failkidd on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:04 pm

You know what I really hate? Finally finishing the god damn character, only to mistake the 'send profile' for the reset button at one a'clock in the morning.... *shakes fist* Well anyways, application submitted. Didn't bother to keep it short this time so good luck with this text wall O.o

Still, I like where this is going with the character profiles uploaded so far.

Failkidd
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadHatter on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:15 pm

I have a couple of quick questions. Like are we limited to only one character? are the Immortals truely "invincible" (eccept for their listed ways of extermination), or can they die if they take too much damage? Anndd... that's pretty much it. Just two questions that will answer several more in the long run (and hopefully avoid some rather sticky situations later on).

MadHatter
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:05 am

Yes, I am quite proud of the creativity I am receiving. The whole thing that is going to get this plot to float or sink is the ability of us to develop our characters and how we interact, you notice there is not much of a plot as much as 'here's a situation you've all been thrown in. Good luck and survive!"

MadHatter, to answer your questions (which I will update on the main page of the rp)
1. No, you are not limited to one character. However, because this rp is based on strong character development I am limiting everybody to three for now.
2. I will say that if, say, a werewolf were to be shot consecutively (bullet after bullet after bullet...) that s/he could be overwhelmed and take "too much damage" (way to put it in gamer terms XD) and die that way. But the Vampires are kind of cut and dry, of course I suppose you could be technical and ask me if you ripped off all the limbs and cut him up into tiny tiny pieces would he die? Well, yes, because at some point his head would be detached from his spine.

The point of me stating claims about the basics of the immortal races was more to give you a basic guideline. I want you to kind of create your own "special type" (if you will) of vampire or werewolf or fallen angel, so long as it goes along with the how-to-kill guidelines or other general rules I have. But if you're a twilight fan and love how "vegetarian" vampires have golden eyes and your vampire is a "vegetarian" and you want him/her to have golden eyes, I am fine with that, but not all people have to do that with their character. Because humans are individuals and things affect us differently as well, if all vampires reacted the same way to everything, wouldn't that take away from the individuality of it?

So, in short, if you feel your character cannot take a successive amount of high damage without dying (and it's by your consent, of course) then yes, it could be very possible for him/her to die from being overwhelmed. On the flip side, you may interpret my guidelines to be strict and the ONLY way your kick-ass werewolf is going to die is by eventual silver poisoning or a silver bullet/stab directly to the heart/brain, and you most certainly are allowed to interpret that. BUT! You must keep the role play fair, remember the golden rule and of course, your character is not going to die anyways without your consent.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:53 am

Alright! Well, sorry, it's late and I have school in the morning. I will try to get my intro up for you guys before the weekend starts but it depends on how much school work I will have to do. In the meantime, please intermingle and start planning with each other. You can use PMs or this board, and you can ask me if you'd be interested in doing something with Talon.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:08 pm

Alrighty, guys! Good news!

Finally have enough variety/people to start, so I will put up my intro tomorrow and officially open this bad-boy! Bonus: since tomorrow is Friday I can pretty much rp all day! WHOOO! And 3-day weekend! WOOT! I'm really excited to be starting this and I hope you guys are, too!

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadHatter on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Where should we all start out? I mean, the RP won't work if we are all in different parts of the country. I'm throwing my vote in for somewhere in the middle. i think the heartland is a good place to start the roleplay.

MadHatter
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Talon's intro takes place in the Rocky Mountains.

But listen, I do not want us to start off in the same place. Unless you've done some planning with another character and already have a subplot going, or are working with that other person, have your introduction be wherever the heck you want it to be in the US. It's too big for all of us to interact together at once, the point of it is having small bands/groups of people working together to survive. People can meet for a while and intermingle or help each other in finding things or hunting or whathaveyou, then go their own ways and continue their own journey. It's a whole country, after all.

It's just like I've said, it's a plot designed to force character development.

So, if you don't have someone to plan with you're welcome to join Talon up in the Rockies, but I don't want all of you there. Check out character profiles, find someone to match your character or even someone who will cause an interesting controversy and plan something. Even better, find two people and group up. And yes, this will work. It's worked plenty of times before, with great enthusiasm, and it will now.

If you still don't understand what I"m saying, I will give an example using Talon and Tassy, to describe what I mean:
So, Talon is starting his rp journey in the Rockies. I've planned on the side with another character who is a werewolfgirl and we're going to start off by meeting in a forest while hunting. I post my intro, other character posts his/her intro and we start our journey together.

But, then in the abandoned ruins of NYC, I have Tassy, a human vampire slayer scavenging for food. On the side, I planned with another character who plays a vampire to be hiding out in NYC so I may accidentally stumble upon him and great struggles will ensue. I post her intro, then he posts his and we start our journey together.

One year rp time after the game starts, vampire and Tassy end up being friends and she goes from a slayer to a survivor, but then I planned to make Talon and Tessy meet (with appropriate companions) in Alabama while Talon has not fed in almost a whole month and is starving practically. So they meet and great struggles will ensue. After, they travel for a short while and then vampire announces that he knows a few other werewolves that may help Talon with the search for the old wolfpack, and in contrast, werewolfgirl wants to find a human survivor, and only Tassy knows where some of the surviving humans are hiding out at. So vampire goes with Talon east, and werewolfgirl goes with Tassy west and their individual plots continue.

Of course, you don't have to switch, you may always be partnered up with the same person and create groups larger than two members.

So, now you're probably wondering why I'm putting all of this on one RP board/plot.
Interaction, because I"m new here and would like to get to know some people, and it's really not that hard to keep track of the replies that respond to your post and it's fun to read the other adventures that are going on.

With that being said, I am off to write Talon's intro!

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Failkidd on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:55 pm

Interesting. So we're talking about a time-span over the course of several years, with an updated character profile with every new appearance? Can't say I've done this before. While I'd love to try it out, wouldn't it be better to wait until we have an even number of people at least for the first round?

That aside, I have two more questions. Are we expected to have the same timespan in this, or are we free to jump ahead of each other, and secondly are there any planned events for this or are we basically free to go nutshit?

Failkidd
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:10 pm

(still haven't written intro....want to get all this cleared up first)

Yes, Failkidd, it is a time-span over the course of several years and I will expect you to update your character profile- especially the history section! But of course you don't have to go into great details if you don't want to. Personally I love character development so my history will probably be enough to write a novel on but...... lol, you get it. And normally, I would say yes to the waiting for an even number of people, but now I am going to say no. Because I will have another character whom I will release open to planning with after I post Talon's intro.

I would like to keep this the same time span so we're all on the same page and we don't have to worry about managing to group up with a Vampire living in 2100 with a Fallen Angel in 2200. I'm not even sure if those are the right years for the role play, but I was trying to make a point rather than be specific. (Been too long since I wrote that intro page!)

You are pretty much free to go nutshit for now. Depending on the number of people I attract to the RP I will start opening other continents, other races, etc, so it's not like we're all stuck here with the same options, you know? And I will eventually add in world-wide plots or events or even ones just for one continent. But I want the start of this to be smooth so you all get comfortable with it before I start adding crazy stuff, you know?

OH! And another thing, you can play your own NPCs. So like if you're a vampire and you want your intro to be something badass like your consuming the blood of some innocent human and then leave said human to die, you can play the human you're going to kill, but only if it's someone minor like that who isn't really relevant, don't feel like you're totally trapped by yourself.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:02 pm

Alright, my intro is up and the RP is open =D

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KapugenWolf on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:44 pm

Scarlet, I can't figure out how to PM you... :\ so I will answer you here. Yeah I'd love to do what you mentioned in the PM and yeah I'd love more info on your plot.

KapugenWolf
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:48 pm

ah, you have not gotten your ten posts! You have to post ten times before you can use PMing. Hmmm......... I'd rather not speak of it here, I'd like it to be something of a surprise for the others. So I guess I'll just send you an informative PM later, once I get off chat *is a little bit addicted to chatting*

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadHatter on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:32 pm

I just posted for Gabriel. Glad to see the roleplay start. It is always exciting to start a new story with people, and i can't wait to see how the story develops.

MadHatter
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!